JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Senator Comments On The Future Of The Sup. Court

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

US Sen. Jim Bunning (R-KY) basically said that Supreme Court Justice won't live past nine months.

She was diagnosed and has had surgery for pancreatic cancer within the past month.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ioWAXniX-rCWPKTK3tLk2ejTQD96HE2T80

I don't know how long she will live, although the doctors seem confident that they caught it early so she will live for a lot longer.

She was back on the bench today for oral arguments.

I must say that this was a dumb comment because he is not a medical doctor and probably doesn't have her records....

What do you think?
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

desertjets

RE: Senator Comments On The Future Of The Sup. Court

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Thread starter):
I must say that this was a dumb comment because he is not a medical doctor and probably doesn't have her records....

What do you think?

Pretty much what you said.

That said I wouldn't imagine even with a successful fight over this cancer that Justice Ginsburg would be too long for this world.

Though I suppose Senator Bunning is really just gearing up to throw a poopstorm in the Senate when Obama sends a Supreme nominee over. If Obama is smart as I think he is he'll appoint someone who will be easily confirmed. At least the first time through.

Basically I see it as highly likely that Justice Stevens will retire before Obama's term is up (he is afterall 88 years old). I believe Ginsburg's health and future on the court has been a question for sometime.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia