AverageUser
Topic Author

Ford (Tractor) Rescued At Noon!

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Experience it in glorious stereophonic sound! Almost as good as getting wet pants yourself!

(Luckily, no riders had been injured)

FORD

MarSciGuy

RE: Ford (Tractor) Rescued At Noon!

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:04 am

Quoting AverageUser (Thread starter):
Experience it in glorious stereophonic sound! Almost as good as getting wet pants yourself!

(Luckily, no riders had been injured)

FORD

not to be rude, but....? is there a good story behind that particular tractor making a polar bear swim or was it someone importants tractor? (hence using a helo to retrieve it...)

Just curious  Smile vehicles went through the ice all the time in NH when I was living up there....but then again I never heard/saw how they were retrieved...
"There weren't a ton of gnats there where a ton of gnats and their families as well!"

AverageUser
Topic Author

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:07 am

Hi MarsSciGuy, I read the tractor belongs to a local farmer who took an established winter shortcut on a lake. Since ice isn't partularly strong this winter, and he was also pulling a heavy trailer load, he got submerged but luckily was able to escape the cabin.

I don't know whether 1968 Fords are much sought after, or was it an environmental concern, but voluntary divers attached the slings and a Finnish Army helicopter pulled the tractor up as a practice mission for free (as illustrated).

One thing is that our lakes is typically very shallow and one large object left underwater could harm fishing for a century, and everyone would know the culprit as a piece of the Häkkinen or the Kovalainen family heirloom.

MarSciGuy

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:58 am

Had to have been an interesting training excercise! Actually, 1968 Fords might be sought after, isn't that the "golden jubilee" year?
"There weren't a ton of gnats there where a ton of gnats and their families as well!"

falstaff

Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Real tractors are Red!  Big grin
Big version: Width: 1109 Height: 756 File size: 682kb
Bryan's 1947 Farmall A
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

MarSciGuy

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 4):
Real tractors are Red! Big grin

LOL My dad had a yellow and white Cub International that was probably from the 60s or 70s, as well as the Ford Jubilee and now a much newer Massey Ferguson. (the Ford and the Massey were both majority red, with either black or grey  Wink