richm

Rules On Wearing Pilot Uniform?

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi there,

Are there any rules against wearing pilot uniform in Spain? (i.e. shirt with eppilettes) I know that in the UK, uniformed police officers are not allowed to be served alcohol. In addition to this, it's against the law to impersonate a police officer.

I do not know whether there's similar rules for people wearing pilot uniform in Spain. Obviously it's a bit different to being a police officer, but I just thought I'd check to make sure. (Don't want to be suspected as a terrorist or anything!)

The reason I'm asking is because I plan on dressing as a pilot for a fancy dress night when I go on holiday to Majorca in July this year.

Cheers  

- Rich

[Edited 2009-03-16 10:27:15]

EMBQA

RE: Rules On Wearing Pilot Uniform?

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:35 pm

With any job.. no matter what it is.. it's a bad idea to go into a pub with your company uniform on. As for your party.. I don't see any issues at all. It's a party, not like you're trying to get through security and gain access to restricted areas.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Doona

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Quoting RichM (Thread starter):

The reason I'm asking is because I plan on dressing as a pilot for a fancy dress night when I go on holiday to Majorca in July this year.

Fancy dress party or a costume party? Because if it's a fancy dress party and you come dressed as pilot in uniform when you're not a pilot, it just seems weird.  silly 

But if it's a costume party, I don't see why there would be any trouble. And if it's not a police uniform (though I suppose similar to a very untrained eye) and you have no way of identifying yourself as a police officer, ie. with a badge or an ID, I don't see how it can count as impersonating a police officer anyway. And dressing as a pilot can't be that uncommon anyways...

Have fun!

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

airtran737

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Well if you dress as a pilot make sure you have a dingy tie with food stains on it. Seriously though, get a better costume, anyone can throw on a pair of blue pants, and a white shirt. If you're going to do it then at least have a bottle of vodka in one hand, and be wearing cracked eye glasses.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

2H4

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 3):
If you're going to do it then at least have a bottle of vodka in one hand, and be wearing cracked eye glasses.

I recommend a leather jacket, goggles, and a white silk scarf, instead. Add a coat hanger or wire to the scarf so it sticks straight out behind you, as though it's in the slipstream.

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

Doona

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 4):
goggles

Goggles make pretty much any costume look cool.  bigthumbsup 
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Tugger

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Silly question but

Quoting RichM (Thread starter):
Are there any rules against wearing pilot uniform in

..... an airport,when you are not in anyway a pilot? In the USA or internationally? I tend to doubt there is as long as you don't try to be anything other than a average passenger.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

HAWK21M

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Since you have no company ID.....Would it matter?
regds
MEL.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)