kmh1956

Possible LHR/LGW Meet in Sep/Oct?

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 pm

I may be heading back to th UK later this year, depending on airfares, and was wondering if anyone might be up for an afternoon at LHR or LGW...I'm looking at late September/early October.

Oh...if I've posted this in the wrong forum, would a mod be kind enough to shift it for me?
Thanks!
Kelly

[Edited 2009-03-16 15:36:51]
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

DYflyer

Possible LHR/LGW Meet in Sep/Oct?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I have not finalized my travel-plans for the summer or autumn yet, but if it fits my schedule i am always up for a trip to London.
Life is like a book. If you don't travel, you only read one page.

HT

RE: Possible LHR/LGW Meet In Sep/Oct?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:11 pm

I will watch if something materializes here.

No definite travel plans for that time of year yet, even though I am running low on days-off. Plus I will have to see how my team and I are able to cope with work, as numerous colleagues have been laid off effective 30-JUN-2009 (coinciding with a streamline in your product portfolio).
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

TupolevTu154

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Meets in the UK tend to focus around drinking/pubs. Unfortunately the only pub at LGW is one at the 08 end, but the view is obstructed by trees and it's a mission to get to without a car.

I think LHR would be the better option unless you really fancy watching endless U2 flights and BA 737's!

kmh1956

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Yeah LHR appeals more, I must admit. I have no issue with pubs. Green Man, yes? As soon as I get my dates, I'll post them....
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield