MSYtristar
Topic Author

One Night In Fairbanks

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I'll be in FAI for one night next month....arriving at 8:55pm on the 16th and leaving the next day at 3:00pm. I plan on renting a car so I can explore the city some before getting out to the airport for 1:30 or so. Looking online it seems that the Museum of the North is worth a visit. Any place else worth checking out? Any reccomendations as far as local restaurants? What about a good local bar to visit on the night I arrive?

Thanks!

tb727

RE: One Night In Fairbanks

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:11 pm

I've been up there a couple times, both for just 16 hours or so. The first time I drove up to see the oil pipeline which was really cool to see. We also drove around town, not sure if it was just where we were at, but it seemed to be pretty poor.

As far as a bar, we went to Pike's Landing like right next to the airport on the river, make sure you get some Alaskan Amber beer or anything by the Alaskan Brewing Company. You can also drive around the perimeter road and see all kinds of old airplanes and even see a few flying. You'll also notice that Alaska has a certain smell in the air, it's different, but I like it because it reminds me of Alaska!
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!