AGM100
Topic Author

Are Your Kids Playing Baseball This Year

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:19 pm

I am sure other parents on here have there sons or daughters playing baseball or softball this year. If so ,, what is there team names and how are the teams ? Are you coaching ?

It may be my families favorite time of the year ! The long warm nights at the park with all the kids .. and seeing families and friends again after a year. Its hot dogs , popcorn, sunflower seeds and umpires yelling STRIKE! ..

My son is playing 8th grade baseball for the fighting "Cougars" of his middle school. He is a catcher , its amazing how much he has changed since last year. Much bigger and stronger . He has been doing off season hitting training so we will see how that pays off. We have a kid on our team named Orion.. he is a 6ft 200 lb 8th grader. This kid I swear is going pro. He plays football, basketball and baseball and is a allstar at all 3. I will be looking for him in the MLB someday . GO COOOOGS !

My daughter plays for little league girls ,majors gold 12-14 age bracket.... The "Blaze". These girls are serious ... most of the players on her team have been playing for more than 5 years . Most of them have been to league All Star tourneys at the state level. Its amazing how good these girls are. Pitchers at this division level can pitch sometime up too 45 mph ! Last year we had a girl hit 65 mph on the gun !. Its a very fast pace game , lots of hit and run and speed defense. I am coaching this team ... my job is easy .. I am lucky I have 5 all stars on the team including a all star pitcher.! Watch out !. My daughter plays catcher and 3rd , but like most of the girls can play other positons if I need them too.

This weekend is opening Day ! Play Ball ! good luck to your kids have a great year.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

windy95

RE: Are Your Kids Playing Baseball This Year

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Well actually my son is into soccer. With the soccer season in the winter here in Florida the summer is filled with soccer camps at the various colleges and Universities. He has tried baseball a few times but he is in constant motion so Baseball is too boring for him. When he realized he could not bat all the time in baseball he was done. Soccer, Martial Arts and Football are his games. I do Coach his soccer teams when my job allows it. Next year I might end up being a commissioner in his league.

Chi-town

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Actually, I'm 22 yrs old and I will be playing baseball this summer on the Orland Park, IL in-house rec leauge.

I will definitely be coaching little league when I have kids! haha Probably one of my most fond memories and a youngster.

Bartonsayswhat

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 am

I'll be 20 in May so no kids for me playing ball, but this will be (if I've done my math correctly) my nineth year as an umpire with Softball Canada. I'll do mostly senior games this year, but there will deffinatly be some minor tournament and hopefully another minor provincial Miget and Bantam "A" boys and girls are all on the island this year, so hopefully i'll get to do one. I'm contemplating if i should apply for the Canada Cup futures (U-16) this year or not, but i dont think I have high enough level.

AGM100
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 3):
my nineth year as an umpire with Softball Canada.

9 years as umpire ! wow you deserve the victory cross ! Nice going sir ... I really appreciate the umpires who volunteer in our leagues . They really do a great job with the kids .

Quoting Chi-town (Reply 2):
I will definitely be coaching little league when I have kids!

Good memories for sure ... It can also be stressful. No kidding ... the father in you wants you kid to a real player. The lesson you will learn is that you need to let go of all that crap ... your kid will be who he or she is ... and you will learn to accept it and appreciate the life lesson. At least that is how I see it.

Chi-town

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 4):
Good memories for sure ... It can also be stressful. No kidding ... the father in you wants you kid to a real player. The lesson you will learn is that you need to let go of all that crap ... your kid will be who he or she is ... and you will learn to accept it and appreciate the life lesson. At least that is how I see it.

Ya'll can play baseball all year round in Tucson! Lucky you guys! I played travel as well when I was around your son's age.

In my opinion, I think that right around that age is when there is a turning point in baseball. When you get to the travel and more competitive level at that age, the individual either is very passionate and wants to continue on into high school ball or you have the kids that just don't care anymore. Not a lot of kids in between really. You can always tell which ones have the passion and want to get better and go to the next level. On the other hand you can certainly tell which kids don't give a rat's ass and are probably in it because of their parents.

I was one of the kids that was passionate and wanted to better myself. I played my first year of high school ball and then decided to quit. There was other things I wanted to do like get a job and make money, hang out with my friends, etc. To be honest, It is one of the only decisions I really regret in my life. I wish I would have played all 4 years. Around senior year of high school I realized that I really missed the game. Baseball has never and will never leave my life. I umpired little league for 4 summers and played for the club team at my university.

Sorry for my rant. I wish you and your son the best of luck this season! Hopefully the Diamondbacks can put together a good team this year. They have a lot of young guys and a ton of talent. I'm picking them to win the NL West.

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Quoting Chi-town (Reply 5):
Sorry for my rant. I wish you and your son the best of luck this season! Hopefully the Diamondbacks can put together a good team this year. They have a lot of young guys and a ton of talent. I'm picking them to win the NL West.

Chi don't apologize Sir ... that was spot on. My son lives and breaths baseball... I do not ever have to talk him into working out. I love it too ..so we spend every chance we get throwing and hitting. We have a baseball training facility just a mile away from our house... indoor pitching cages and batting cages... Oh man ... we waste allot of homework time there .. and I love it. I have started pitching again too him ... throwing heat like I did in the old days ..
 old  . I plan on pitching in the over 40 hardball league starting up in May 09... it is good for both of us.

My daughter is not motivated like my son ... she loves to play but she is not hardcore like the players you talked about. She chooses to play ...but does it more for the fun. I am OK with that , she will not go on to play club ball but she wants to play for her school so be it.

Oooo...picking the Dbacks over the D's ... I think your right. Manny is going to EGO out this season ... he is going to blow up . Its over the Dodger cheeeumps my friend... !

Mir

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 3):
I'll be 20 in May so no kids for me playing ball, but this will be (if I've done my math correctly) my nineth year as an umpire with Softball Canada.

You were umpiring at age 12? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I've never heard of umpires that young, even for really young kids.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 7):
but I've never heard of umpires that young, even for really young kids.

Its a pretty cool program we have in our league . We have a training program for young umpires even age 12. Some of these young people are amazing , and all of the coaching staff work hard to show them respect and too teach our kids that the umpire is the law on the feild.

It has been a good program , we have several physically disadvantaged kids in the program. They love baseball but for reasons can not play. Now they get to be on the field and part of the action .. they are very proud and we love them all .

Bartonsayswhat

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 7):
umpiring at age 12

Yep, started out with Red-Mites (i think 9/10yrs) and have quickly moved up. We were only allowed to do up to our age, but I was good enough to go above. At the Age of 17 I did a Senior "A" Mens fastpitch tournament, I think I've now done 5 or 6 provincials (although none last year, I only did about 10 games last year due to work scheduals) and hope for two more this year.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 8):
training program for young umpires

We sort of do. Your first few games will be with a rather senior umpire, who will check up on you durring the season. Unfortunately, the coaches aren't the best with the new umpires. I can think of more than once I've been out with a first timer and on a close call a coach has come out storming to tear somone a new one. Many of these young guys never do another game in their life. I dont know how a coach can do that. You can obviously tell that the new umpire is uncomfortable, and may be on confident. If you're 40 years old does tearing a 12 year old a new one make you feel like more of a man. On the flip side, it does feel good as a 12 year old to tell a 40 year old that hes wrong, and to go back and sit down.

I'm not sure what I would do in the summer if I wasn't always at the ball field

AGM100
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:13 pm

quote=Bartonsayswhat,reply=9]Many of these young guys never do another game in their life. I don't know how a coach can do that. You can obviously tell that the new umpire is uncomfortable, and may be on confident. If you're 40 years old does tearing a 12 year old a new one make you feel like more of a man. On the flip side, it does feel good as a 12 year old to tell a 40 year old that hes wrong, and to go back and sit down.[/quote]

I umpired a girls Junior game 13-17 last night because the scheduled Ump did not show. Anyone who thinks umpiring is easy does not understand. Calling balls and strikes is a job that requires concentration and clear thinking. I love it ... but I coach instead.

We have very strict rules on coaches and parents protesting . Parents are allowed a bit of good humor , but coaches can only talk to umps during inning change. I have , talked to the umps .. but it is always in good humor. If a coach ever got angry at a ump ..and became verbal he would be sent to the parking lot.

If a player ever comments to a ump in a derogatory way ... bounce gone!

a380us

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 pm

I Ump softball little league... should be interesting.

But some parents, and coaches.... are way too in to the game and can get crazy!
www.JandACosmetics.com

AGM100
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:36 pm

Quoting A380US (Reply 11):
I Ump softball little league... should be interesting.

Ya it is ... for me I always feel a little bad when I have to call a close strike or ball. Especially if the pitcher and batter are playing there little hearts out. I have had to call my own daughters out on close strikes before .... when we got home they give me the what fore !

Bartonsayswhat

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:16 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 10):
but coaches can only talk to umps during inning change

I think thats hiding a little too much. Coaches dont need to come out and argue every ball, stike and out call, but when some tricky things happen, a coach is more than welcome to come out and request a interpretation of a rule. Say there is obstruction, and I decided that I was going to award the runner 3rd instead of 2nd, the coach is more than welcome to come out and ask me why I'm doing that, and he may present his interpretaton of the rules. Also, what about appeal plays. In softball (Canada) there are 10 appeal plays that I wont call until someone appeals them. Batter-Runner didn't touch First, ok mental note i've seen it, now i wate for the appeal. Illegal subs/re-entry, Illegal glove; those are calls I cant make until somone appeals them

Coaches are more than welcome on my field, provided they have something intelligent to say. It takes a bit of effort to get ejected from one of my games.

AGM100
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 13):
Coaches are more than welcome on my field, provided they have something intelligent to say. It takes a bit of effort to get ejected from one of my games.

If we as coaches have to talk to the umpire ..we can .. at anytime. However , it must be for rule clarification or to ask for a player order change. If we are going to dispute a call , we wait until inning change. Our policy is that the call on the field is final ... and we do not dispute calls and make a scene in front of the players or fans.

Well we won our first game ... 5 to 0 We faced the best pitcher in out division, the girl is nasty. Good control and over powering speed 45 to 55 mph . We had a no hitter going into the 5th inning. I put the short stoke hit and run swing on for my batters and we finally got a hit down the line to third and beat the throw. Their Pitcher walked the next batter . Then hit the next batter. She was coming apart.

We bunted in our first run , their catcher then over threw 3rd base and by the time the left fielder backed up our second run crossed. In the 7th inning we got another hit and a walk ..then out catcher , Torry ... drove a bomb to center cleared the bases and the rest is history. ! Go Blaze !

DocLightning

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Thread starter):
We have a kid on our team named Orion.. he is a 6ft 200 lb 8th grader. This kid I swear is going pro. He plays football, basketball and baseball and is a allstar at all 3. I will be looking for him in the MLB someday .

Don't be so sure. Sometimes those kids hit their peak at about 16-18. We had a big, hairy beast of a kid on our high school swim team, multiple state records, etc. Got to college and...he'd peaked. And everyone else overtook him.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

AGM100
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:26 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 15):
Don't be so sure

It has as much to do with mental toughness and plain old god given talent too. Orion is a gifted kid , big but sleek and fast ..not a goon type. He is just one of those golden boys that I envied when I was playing sports alot !. But most of all He is a gentleman , always respectful and displays leadership with the team. His Dad was a defensive lineman @ a PAC10 school and his Mom was a basketball / volleyball player at the U of AZ. Great people , just the most wonderful parents and good solid people. I hope he makes it someday .

I agree with you though .... college level competition is a whole different animal. It takes a different person to excel at that level. I tried for a baseball scholarship to the University of New Mexico .... hahah I was like #92 on the list ... and I made the state all star team my Jr. year in high-school . The scholarship winners were leaps better than me.... I was crushed ... hahah

AGM100
Topic Author

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 pm

The fighting Blaze won there second game last night ... a 6 to 4 tough game. Man am I proud of them . We were 4 to 0 until the 4 the inning. Our pitcher started missing her mark and walked a few ... they small balled in 2 runs on us. I made the decision to keep her in and work the fifth ... they made me pay for that with a 2 run triple to left.

In the seventh with runners on second and third , my daughter hit a liner right down the first base line ... the ball hit the base and flew into right field and rolled into fould territory. I had the hit and run on so my girls came home easily and we were up by 2. The right fielder hesitated cause she thought it was a foul ball. It was good win . Go Blaze

Bartonsayswhat

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 17):
hesitated cause she thought it was a foul ball.

never ever stop until the ball is dead.even then, still play it just to be safe

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 18):
never ever stop until the ball is dead.even then, still play it just to be safe

So true ..and it is hard to make them do it all the time. At my sons game yesterday a kid hit a drive into left. I looked out there and the fielder was looking the other direction toward the parking lot. ! Poor kid ... the ball bounced right past him while everyone was watching . I bet he felt like crap. He just had a mental break down and was not paying attention. Its weird .

AGM100
Topic Author

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:11 pm

The Blaze Lost 13-2 last night!! ..... OMG my girls were walking in a daze. My pitchers could not pitch , my hitters could not hit ... and my defense gave up at least 5 errors. Other than we they played great !

Congrats to coach Coffee and the fighting " Extreme" they came to play and made us look bad .

AGM100
Topic Author

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Rematch with our rivals the Majors Gold and Blue.. fighting " Extreme " tonight at 7:30! Last game we fell apart and had 8 errors ... we will mend that tonight . Its a must win for us .. getting beat by the same teem twice in a row is bad buisness. I want my girls to have fun ... and play well !

The Jr High T. Cougars are playing the Coranado Eagles tomorrow night , both teams are undefeated should be a good one . My son moved from catcher to third base. Still damn studley !  Cool

Hope you all have good games !

Longhornmaniac

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Thread starter):

I don't have kids (I'm only 20!), but man do I miss those days. It's so easy to look back in hindsight and see how there were times when I really took how much fun it was for granted. I can't wait to have kids and get them into it!

LLBB is such a blast. I used to play on a select team, in addition to my normal little league.

Oh the memories!!!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:07 am

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 22):
LLBB is such a blast. I used to play on a select team, in addition to my normal little league

The last of my 3 kids is playing their final year in LL.... She will be playing school ball next year. I will miss it , it as been allot of fun.

Well the we lost tonight , 7 to 3 .... we were playing good until the 4th inning. We were ahead 2 to 3 .... then our first baseman dropped a throw from short that was a easy out . I lost em at that point ...its amazing how that one play turned the entire game. They scored 3 runs on us that inning ..then 2 more in the 6th. More errors and my # 2 pitcher fell apart . It was also cold and windy tonight .. sucked .

vikkyvik

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:35 am

No kids here, but just wanted to say it's great hearing that kids are still into baseball these days.

I've been watching highlights on MLB TV from the first few days of the MLB season, and it's really, really, incredibly disheartening to see so many stadiums with so many empty seats  Sad

I only played 2 years of T-ball and 1 year of little league, and I really wish I had stuck with it for a few more years. But despite that, baseball is my favorite sport to watch, and going to a baseball game is always a fantastic time. Seeing the Red Sox play the Angels this Sunday! Can't wait.

Hopefully baseball will someday reclaim its title as our national pastime.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:28 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 24):
Seeing the Red Sox play the Angels this Sunday! Can't wait.

Should be a good one ..... Wow I know I saw the highlight's of the Florida game last night. It looked to me like there was only about 1000 people in the whole place. Not unusual for Florida sadly , it looked like Cantu made a show of it... he is a good player.

AGM100
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Wow ,, I umpired a game last night for majors softball . The pitchers for the Thunder , hit a total of 7 batters in the game.

She was pitching inside for sure fast and hard ... but players from the Rockers were " In my opinion " not evading . On the third hit batter , I got the coaches together and let them know I was watching it and they need to talk to there players. The next pitch , the batter got hit by a low insider right on the ankle. This player had already been hit once , and I did not think she moved quick enough and could have gotten out of the way.

Her Mother sitting behind me started to complain ... I told her that I was on top of it but it was starting to get weird. I got the coaches together and told them that I did not know exactly what the rules were ( I am a fill in umpire) but that it appears to be getting a little out of hand.

The next inning when the Thunder were up at bat the pitcher for the Rockers sent one right at the batter. The batter jumped out of the way (inside) .... I gave a look to the pitcher. The next batter , she zinged her again . I lost it ... I went to the coach and told him I would throw her out of the game if I thought she was putting zingers on purpose.
I could tell that the Thunder pitcher was not attempting to hit the Rockers on purpose , but this pitcher was sending them on the outside of the batter box even though she had good control going. Parents were now invlolved ... so I gave them a warning too.

What a mess , I hate these situations.

In the end , the Thunder coach replaced his pitcher and we got the situation calmed down . Even though the new pitcher hit another batter !

No doubt , The Rockers were standing in on the plate and not evading . The Thunder Pitchers were just wild ... its a bad combination. I have to send a report to the leauge today ... what a mess.

AGM100
Topic Author

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Good week for my girls so far , we won last 12 to 7 over the fighting "Sting" our short stop had a grand slam and a two run homer for us . Our first game played without the spring wind so common in Tucson , it was a beautiful night . All the girls were hitting well last night !

My son had a 3 RBI triple as the fighting Cougars beat the Cross Rams on Monday night , he also over threw third base from home and let them score 2 runs on a error!. But the Cougars held on to win it 9 to 5 .

Pitch looks a little high and inside ... the Cougars in action ! That's my boy , catcher and academic honor role ! Hey Dad can brag !

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 76kb

Bartonsayswhat

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 26):
She was pitching inside for sure fast and hard ...

In this situation you should tell the catcher to smarten up and bring the glove back in the zone, and if not, you'll huck the pitcher. Provided I'm doing a game where the pitchers have enough skill to hit the mark set by the catcher, I'm going to eject after the third bean. Normally the catchers bring it in. The catchers will normaly comply with everything, otherwise they'll find themselves with alot smaller zone to work with. If the next picture starts plunking people as well, then they'll be gone to sit with they're comerade.

Also, Never communicate with the parents, esp. they're annoyed. The people on the other side of the fence don't exsist. Until their names are on the line up card, dont even acknoledge them.

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 28):
In this situation you should tell the catcher to smarten up and bring the glove back in the zone

At this level the catchers are not moving pitches left or right for the most part. The pitchers can now throw good hard pitches in the strike zone ... but they are not able ( IMO ) to hit the 4 corners at will. I know what you are saying , I hesitated because it is hard to tell when the pitcher is making a honest error or is doing it on purpose.

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 28):
Also, Never communicate with the parents,

Noted ... and I will take your advise if it comes up again.

Bartonsayswhat

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 29):
At this level

What level (age) are the players. Obviously, no ones going to toss a 11 year old because she beaned some batters, and I'll probably never do it to a "C" pitcher untill they get to be in bantam or miget (15+ish)

AGM100
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Quoting Bartonsayswhat (Reply 30):
What level (age) are the players. Obviously, no ones going to toss a 11 year old because she beaned some batters, and I'll probably never do it to a "C" pitcher untill they get to be in bantam or miget (15+ish)

Age 11-13 ,
Looking back on that night I would have to say that the parents ended up playing a big role in the events. It is hard to dismiss them when there kid just got hit for the second time. I did warn the coaches to tell their players that they need to be ready to move out of the way . I do not believe that the pitcher was trying to hit the batters , I do believe that the batters were essentially not evading. Its a tough situation for a umpire , at least it was for me.

Next time I will take your advise sir , and will be more proactive.

I guess what I am saying about the pitching is that I do not beleive that at this level the girls can say hit the 2 oclock inside then move to the 10 , 7 , 5 oclock on the plate. They do not have that type of pitch control yet. I see more control on the 12 -6 up and down but not left and right. Generaly they will throw nice hard center middle strikes or it will be a obvious ball.

Well my Blaze played great last night , we blasted the Bandits 11-1 . Our pitcher threw a great game , she had great control . The fighting Bandits looked lost , and cold . Our bats are starting to wake up ... everyone in my line up made good contact last night we hit well.

AGM100
Topic Author

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 pm

The Blaze won again last night .. although it was not a easy win. We played the scrappy lady "Sidewinder's" from the Tucson Mountain majors division. They were a well coached disciplined team . ( The Sidewinder coach was a very beautiful Latino lady ! WOW) .. I wanted to take a picture of her Big grin..but thought it may get me thrown out. I finally regained my composure at the end of the inning !

Anyway , my pitcher issued 6 walks in the first 2 inning's other wise we shut them down pretty well defensively. The game was tied @ 8 until the bottom of the 6th. The bottom of my order did their jobs . I had them really work the pitch count .. and they walked 2 of my girls on . The top of my order came up and sealed the deal with some good hits ... we won 11-8.

The Tortolita Cougars lost too the Marana Tigers last night in a cat battle ... game tied until late inning's . A Marana player that I help with hitting instruction twice a week ended up the hero ... he drove a ball into the LF corner with 2 runners on to win it. I was happy for him , but my sons team lost so it was a weird . Any way the weather is beautiful ! Its baseball and I LOVE IT !

AGM100
Topic Author

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Big games tonight ... My Blaze play the much improved Sting team. This game is too establish seeding in the weekend tourney coming up . I am going with my ACE even though she pitched 2 games last weekend for her club team . I will have all pitchers warmed up and ready to before the game in case she starts walking batters early. No walks tonight !, throw strikes and let the defense play the game.

The TMS cougars are playing the Wilson bob cats ! Go Cougars !

The weather is great , its baseball

AGM100
Topic Author

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:25 pm

The Blaze girls flat threw down last night.... We had a double play , 2 homers , a triple and several doubles. I tried to raise the intensity in the first 3 innings and they responded . I got them into the tournament mind set in warm ups and they were ready to play. The first 3 innings we scored 9 runs. I then asked one of the mothers to go to the snack bar and get some pop-cycles for them . It worked ! they responded ...their whole mood changed and we had allot of fun. We ended up winning 12 - 5 .

TMS Cougars beat Wilson last night ,, I think it ended 9-7 . Wilson had a rally in late innings but the Cougs held them off too win. My son had a single , a walk and a fly out.

AGM100
Topic Author

Fri May 08, 2009 4:09 pm

My Blaze girls have been sweeping through the tournament so far. We pretty much blasted every team we have faced , but it is going to get tougher this weekend.
We are preparing to face the second round survivors tonight and tomorrow. A potential big showdown on Saturday night when we may face our inter league rivals the fighting "Extreme" coached by Mr.Coffee. Mr Coffee is a great guy, a Army Helo pilot and veteran of many tours over seas. His daughter's (twins) play on his team and I know they want to win.. they have spent years without their father who was flying over some god forsaken land somewhere.. We Love em ! ... I feel kind of bad that we are going to put a beat down on them !  optimist   Smile

Go Blazers !

TMS Cougars finished the season 11 - 3 a good season and we had allot of fun !

AGM100
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Well the fighting blaze lost there fight ... coach Juan's "Hot Shots " knocked us out of the tourney in our first game yesterday. Wow my girls just broke down , we gave up 6 runs on simple errors . I don't get... we practice fundamentals all the the time ... but they just were not sharp. The Hot Shots have improved tremendously since we played them last .. coach Juan deserves credit. Hotshots went on to the champ game but got beat by the "Extreme" in a good close game.

Well now we push hard to finish the year strong and get ready for final tournament 1st week of June .

The look on my short stops face says it all ...
Big version: Width: 640 Height: 457 File size: 142kb