greaser

Fiat Officially Partners With Chrysler

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm

CNBC just announced that Bob Nardelli, Chrysler's CEO, has said that Chrysler, Cerberus, and Italy's Fiat have announced a "partnership", in agreement with the treasury department that will prevent immediate brankruptcy and preserve US jobs. No details on Fiat's stake.
Other chrysler news: PT Cruiser, Aspen, and Durango will stop production. (Aspen will not restart production)
Now you're really flying

aznmadsci

RE: Fiat Officially Partners With Chrysler

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Bring the Cinquecento to the US!!!!!
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

seemyseems

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Quoting AznMadSci (Reply 1):
Cinquecento

It is an amazing car!

I love Fiat's current fleet of cars, but not so keen on Chrysler's, though Dodge have some good models out atm.

Fiat has always done well in Brazil, so I'd imagine they would do good in North America, Fiat also dominates the Italian Car market, they own every Italian car marque (I believe).

I reckon the Americans would like their models, as these days a lot of Americans are choosing smaller cars.
seemyseems

janmnastami

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Do you like the Cinquecento  Smile ?

fatmirjusufi

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Cinquecento

I love it! It's cute.  Wink
But my preferred one is Fiat Punto. I want that car!  Smile

Fatmir
DO FLIGHTS. NOT FIGHTS.

janmnastami

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Quoting Greaser (Thread starter):
No details on Fiat's stake.

It should be about 35%.

Quoting Seemyseems (Reply 2):
they own every Italian car marque (I believe).

The Fiat Group owns Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati and the 85% of Ferrari, but not Lamborghini for example.

greaser

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Quoting FatmirJusufi (Reply 4):
I love it! It's cute. Wink
But my preferred one is Fiat Punto. I want that car!

I'd take the 500 abarth anyday over that car!
Big version: Width: 450 Height: 314 File size: 41kb
regular abarth version pictured
Now you're really flying

JoeCanuck

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:53 pm

It's a good fit. There is virtually no overlap between Chrysler and Fiat models.
What the...?

stasisLAX

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:13 am

Quoting Greaser (Reply 6):
'd take the 500 abarth anyday over that car!

Hell yeah! But remember, the Ford Ka might also be imported into the U.S., and the Ka is based on the 500 and built at a Fiat factory in Poland.

I just wonder if Fiat's contract with Ford would prevent them from selling the 500 in North America?

What Chrysler needs is the Golf/Rabbit sized 2010 Alfa Romeo 149 - likely to be called the Milano in the U.S. And a replacement for the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring - the 2011 Alfa Romeo 169.

[Edited 2009-03-30 19:29:40]

2010 Alfa Romeo 169

[Edited 2009-03-30 19:42:56]

[Edited 2009-03-30 19:44:06]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

aznmadsci

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:28 am

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/AznMadSci/Italia%202009/13Marzo09085-1.jpg

I so wanted to steal this car and take it for a drive around Torino!!!
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

PPVRA

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 am

Bring the Cinquecento to the US!!!!!

I thought it was already in Chrysler's product line?  Wink
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

whappeh

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:30 am

What are the odds of Fiat products coming to the United States?
-Travel now, journey infinitely.

stasisLAX

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:15 am

Quoting Whappeh (Reply 11):

"Chrysler's future would be "significantly enhanced" with a Fiat alliance. First, Chrysler stands to gain plenty of impressive technology, including Fiat's new Multiair engine technology. Furthermore, new vehicle platforms could be introduced to the United States market – including the diminutive Fiat 500 – in segments that Chrysler currently fares poorly. All of these developments would save Chrysler plenty of money and would allow the American automaker to repay its federal loans in a more timely fashion."

Source and video: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/20/v...lli-makes-case-for-why-fiat-works/
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

AGM100

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:21 am

So of all the car companies in the world to take over Chrysler..... Fiat ? are you kidding me ... ??? Fiat ... ? Why Fiat? ,,,, are they a government held company ... ahhhh yes of course they must be its Italy.

It a dark day for the people of America .... And I am not a fan of GM and Chrysler.. I wont buy their cars for one simple reason... UAW support of corrupt leftist politicians.

Now does anyone need anymore proof that Unions are destructive apparatuses ,and will in the end kill every company they latch on too.

Sick .
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

Alessandro

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 am

Quoting StasisLAX (Reply 8):
'd take the 500 abarth anyday over that car!

Hell yeah! But remember, the Ford Ka might also be imported into the U.S., and the Ka is based on the 500 and built at a Fiat factory in Poland.

I just wonder if Fiat's contract with Ford would prevent them from selling the 500 in North America?

What Chrysler needs is the Golf/Rabbit sized 2010 Alfa Romeo 149 - likely to be called the Milano in the U.S. And a replacement for the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring - the 2011 Alfa Romeo 169.

Are you sure, the Ka is much older model, is the latest version similar to the 500?
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

stasisLAX

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:32 am

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 14):
Are you sure, the Ka is much older model, is the latest version similar to the 500?

The brand-new version of the Ford Ka share the Fiat 500's platform and is assembled by Fiat.

Alessandro

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:17 am

OK, even better for the US customers, those whom have Ford dealers buy Ka and those whom have Chrysler dealers buy the 500.
Win-win for both.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

MillwallSean

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:34 pm

Pls, Pls Pls make sure the Italian designers get free hands on everything Chrysler does from now on.

Fiat has been on the brink of bankrupcy just like the US carindustry is today. Fiat was brought back to life and today produces quality cars on a level they haven't done before. Add Italian design and Fiat is a growing brand.
However Fiats brand is still tarnished in most of Europe and its marketshare and dealership network outside of Italy isn't large.

But everything I have seen from Fiat the last few years points to a company on the right track and its been a pleasure to see the design they have come up with of late. A good partner for Chrysler if Chrysler is humble and listens to what the Italians have to say and learns from them.
Anyone that has had any dealings with Detroit knows that listening and learning isn't their strong side but lets hope Chrysler with its small size realises that their partner can help if they are allowed to.

Now, Fiat isn't a stateowned company, its controlled by one of Europe's industrial dynasties. A family with its hands in more than one jar and a very successful family. They are headquarted and run from Torino, a city that feels and acts more like Switzerland or France than Italy.
Never make the mistake of thinking that Northern Italy and its corporations are like Alitalia because it couldn't be further from the truth. Fiat is a wellrun company with a great ownership and if Chrysler can take advantage of what fiat is offering they have a lot to gain from such an alliance.
If Chrysler reckons the entrenched Detroit way is the answer they might as well throw in the towel immediately.
No One Likes Us - We Dont Care.

janmnastami

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:45 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 13):
are they a government held company

Fiat is not a government held company  Yeah sure .

RayChuang

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:55 pm

I think for the USA, Fiat will likely build these models at Chrysler plants:

Grande Punto
Linea
Bravo

All of which are well-liked in Europe (Linea is essentially a stretched Grande Punto in saloon form).

If Fiat does decide to build the Nuova 500 here in the USA, they could enter into a deal with Ford to have a single Chrysler assembly line build both the Nuova 500 and Ford Ka, just like the current assembly line in Poland. Since the new Alfa 149 is probably based on the Bravo platform, we might even see the Alfa 149 assembled at a Chrysler plant, too.

keesje

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm

What about the luxury compact Lancia's like the Delta and Ypsilon ?

http://www.italiancar.net/site/news/06/0906/LanciaDelta/Lancia_Delta10_b.jpg
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

AGM100

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Quoting Janmnastami (Reply 18):
Fiat is not a government held company .

Really ? surprising .

What union controls FIAT ? I will be looking into the connection , there is another agenda here. Simply put if you really wanted to pick a company to couple with GM why wouldn't it be Nissan , Toyota , Honda ??? Why choose FIAT ? no offense but FIAT is not the world power that Nissan Honda Toyota are ..so what is the deal.?

Forget all of that ... what the hell does our government know about running anything ... try balancing your own budget and becoming efficient before taking over private sector . This stinks ,

A332

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Wow... the infamous term "Fix It Again Tony" certainly takes on a whole (though appropriate) new meaning.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

janmnastami

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:45 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 21):
What union controls FIAT ?

FIAT is not controlled by any union, it's controlled by the financial holdings of the Agnelli family.

falstaff

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 pm

That would be nice, but they will have to overcome an image problem. Fiat cars were known as junk to a lot of people in the US. When Alfa pulled out they did not have a good reputation. I still hear people complain about a junk Ford (or any American car) they had in the 1970s and will not buy another one because of something that happened 30 years ago. I would bet their are a lot of people who had bad Fiats and would not buy one for the same reason. Fiats and Alfas were also known as rust buckets too.

. Simply put if you really wanted to pick a company to couple with GM why wouldn't it be Nissan , Toyota , Honda ???

Were talking about Chrysler not GM.

Why choose FIAT ? no offense but FIAT is not the world power that Nissan Honda Toyota are ..so what is the deal.?

Fiat has small cars and Chrysler has a lot of larger cars and trucks. I think they will work out well together.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

LH423

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Nissan , Toyota , Honda ??? Why choose FIAT ? no offense but FIAT is not the world power that Nissan Honda Toyota are ..so what is the deal.?

Probably because those companies are some of the biggest competitors to Chrysler. Fiat, on the other hand, has no market share in North America (Alfa Romeo was supposed to return to the US, but apparently this has been delayed due to the recession), therefore one can gain easy access to one of the largest (if not the largest) auto markets on the planet and Chrysler can gain access to a financially sound auto manufacturer on how to improve business practices and offer innovative, unique cars to the North American market.

Seems pretty logical to me rather than teaming up with someone who probably wants nothing less than the absolute demise of your company, which I'm sure has been mentioned more than once in boardrooms in Japan.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

falstaff

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 pm

I'd take the 500 abarth anyday over that car!

If I crashed into that with my Lincoln you would be toast!  fight 

AGM100

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 24):
Chrysler not GM.

Same Union .... same business model. Same cars, different emblems .

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 24):
Fiat has small cars and Chrysler has a lot of larger cars and trucks.

The government will mandate they build little greeny cars ... sorry but if they can recommend dismissal of the GM CEO .. they can certainly tell them what kind of cars to build. And of course will give tax credits to those "enlightened " citizens who purchase the new " G Car" . Its so apparent that most cant even see what is happening. Worse still (IMO) is that a majority of Americans agree with it ... the country has changed. Only time will tell how it works out.

FIAT Is unionized heavily .... lots of strike news over the past years and 2008. FIAT is also requesting Italian government "bail out money" which now they will get for sure. Once that happens, President Obama will be running FIAT too. ( kidding )

mt99

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 27):
Worse still (IMO) is that a majority of Americans agree with it ...

Another "Hurray" for democracy!.....
Step into my office, baby

AGM100

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 28):
Another "Hurray" for democracy!.....

That's is correct , and we will see how it goes. I realize that the death of democracy comes from within itself. The electorate eventually elects themselves into slavery .

greaser

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 29):
The electorate eventually elects themselves into slavery

the moment i read this, i immediately thought of star wars...
anyway i wonder how alfa romeo's return will fare. Alfa's resale is not high in the UK, not sure about the rest in europe.
Now you're really flying

PPVRA

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:36 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 29):
The electorate eventually elects themselves into slavery .

You're not really a slave if you vote yourself into it. Unless you're not allowed to get out later.

Now, as for the minority who votes against it. . . your rights are at the whims of the majority.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

mt99

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 31):
Now, as for the minority who votes against it. . . your rights are at the whims of the majority.

Prop 8 anyone... Smile
Step into my office, baby

AGM100

Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 31):
You're not really a slave if you vote yourself into it

In this case ..we will elect our way into a giant bureaucracy ..in control of most aspects of our lives . If in the future if we decide to attempt to strip it back ... it becomes catastrophic . The Fed will become so integrated into everything we do , that economic collapse will be the only option to free ourselves again. Sound extreme ? Well who would have thought that the Fed would own GM and AIG 6 moths ago. ??

falstaff

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Same Union .... same business model. Same cars, different emblems .

The UAW doesn't run those companies. Try asking a stockholder who runs the company?
Every car company that sells cars in the USA builds similar cars because they all compete with each other.

The government will mandate they build little greeny cars ... sorry but if they can recommend dismissal of the GM CEO .. they can certainly tell them what kind of cars to build

That really bothers me because I think it will result in really crappy cars and trucks. Back in the late 70s through much of the 80s the government mandated emission and MPG requirements made auto builders put technology into cars that was not fully tested on the long term (feedback carbs as an example). These problems were not limited to American cars as anyone who has worked on early 80s Hondas or Toyotas can tell you. Also automakers spent too much time working on mpg issues and let other design issues slide. Eventually technology caught up with the expectations of the government and everything worked out and we have some great cars from a lot of great builders today. The same type of issues happened with air bags. The government required air bags, which was a good thing, but legislators knew little about them. They required a air bag to restrain an unbelted passgenger. The result was air bags so powerful they killed short people. Later on the rules changed so only a belted passenger would be retrained. The result: better safety. It turned out the lower power air bags GM tried out in 1973 were safer than the 1990 models Chrysler installed and the government fell in love with.

If the government tells car builders to build certian types of cars it can lead to the same problem again. Imagine if GM puts out a ton of green cars. The technology may be there to do it today, but is the technology good enough for trouble free operation for 100,000 miles like Americans have become used to? If the technology isn't that ready you will have a huge backlash against GM a few years down the road. A lot of greens say technology is there for super green cars and I know that it is, but that technology must be ready for long term operation and trouble free driving. The average car owner will not settle for less. A lot of car owners will not accept a high maintianance car or truck just for the sake of being green. cars have become so trouble free that most younger people have no idea the kind of work required to keep older cars in to running shape. Cars used to require much more requent repairs and maintainence than they do today.

slider

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 22):
Wow... the infamous term "Fix It Again Tony" certainly takes on a whole (though appropriate) new meaning.

LOL! I was thinking it the moment I clicked on this thread!

AGM100

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 34):
The UAW doesn't run those companies

Yes , the UAW does run the company and wields tremendous power. Don't get me wrong , GM builds some kick-ass vehicles. I don't buy them , but most of my friends have Tahoe's , Suburbans , 3500'S , etc... their good vehicles especially for families. GM has done some good things and the partnership with the UAW has not been all bad. I resist the UAW because they support left wing "populist ideals" and candidates. That's my choice , so I exercise my right to vote with my $$$.

Try asking a stockholder who runs the company?

I own stock .... and I know that due to union wages and handouts . It cost apprx $3500.00 more for GM to build a pickup truck than it does for Nissan to build a Titan in Smyrna ,TN,.

The technology may be there to do it today, but is the technology good enough for trouble free operation for 100,000 miles like Americans have become used to?

Bingo .. right on. Everytime I hear some talk about "green technology " I think the same thing. What technology ? none of it has been proven to work efeciantly or to be cost effective to power industry or power anything . Its all just so PC ..and vauge that it is frankly sickening. The Libs use like fantasy island ... and beware if you dare to question it ... what a joke.

Its a good point Falstaff ,

falstaff

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 36):
I resist the UAW because they support left wing "populist ideals" and candidates.

That is why I don't vote for the canidates my union supports. I don't like any of their gun grabbin', god hatin', tree huggin' canidates.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 36):
It cost apprx $3500.00 more for GM to build a pickup truck than it does for Nissan to build a Titan in Smyrna ,TN,.

The cost of living in metro Detroit was much higher than down south until recently. So people needed to make more. Example: When I moved to Detroit in 2000 a cheap loaf of bread was $1.59 at Kroger. In Carbondale, Illinois a month earlier a cheap loaf was .39 cents, at Kroger.

The reason for the high prices was because of high wages. Now we are seeing wages drop where they should be for unskilled labor and prices around here are dropping.

The UAW is one union I don't stand up for. They have gone way to far. Many of their workers make salaries and have benefits that many middle level managers would love to have. I worked at Ford in a white collar job and I will l tell you those guys on the line got way more of everything than we got. But if you talked to the average line guy everyone who worked in the office made $500,000 a year. Most of us, who put the time in to get a good education or learn a skill, or both like me, made peanuts to compared to some guys on the line.

Other union laborers don't make the kind of bread at the top of the pay scale as a UAW guy gets at the bottom of the pay scale. The UAW has given union labor a bad rap.

FlyingSicilian

Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 pm

They do now.

There are Ferrari dealers in New York, Miami, Houston, LA, Vegas, etc etc  Smile
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

AGM100

Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 37):
The reason for the high prices was because of high wages. Now we are seeing wages drop where they should be for unskilled labor and prices around here are dropping.

I heard the average assembly line worker makes something $27 a hour . I don't know if that is true ... but if it is ..its too much. I know skilled A&P I/A's who make that .... and are qualified to sign of a CFM-56 engine change and trim on 737-800. $27 bucks a hour to do assembly line works is too much ,. but its good if you can get it.

falstaff

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 39):
I heard the average assembly line worker makes something $27 a hour . I don't know if that is true

Its true. They make more than that with benefits. Skilled trades make more, but skilled labor isn't cheap and never will be. People that took the time and effort to learn special skills deserve a higher paycheck than those without any skills.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 39):
but if it is ..its too much

It is too much for unskilled labor for sure. It has also lead to several generations of people in metro Detroit who expect big pay jobs with no education. I still run accross teens at work that think they can drop out of high school and land $25 per hour jobs like their parents and retire when they are 48.

Not everyone who works in the auto business make big money. If you are the average office worker you wish you got what the UAW did. If you are a contractor (there are thousands of them in Michigan) you wish you has what company men have.

Contractors are used extensivly by GM, Ford, and Chrysler for many white collar jobs. Many people who work AT GM, Ford, and Chrysler DON'T actually work for them. They are contractors being paid low wages (in comparison to the UAW) with poor benefits. They can also be fired at without cause and without notice. Because of this you get very little loyaty. A good example is when you drive over to the Ford Diagnostic Service Center. Nearly all of their employees are contractors. They work in a Ford building, sit at Ford owned desks, use Ford equipment, and represent Ford. They are not Ford employees. In the parking lot you will see lots of cars that are not Ford, Lincolns, or Mercurys.

I have always felt the UAW gained a lot on the backs of the white collar workers. The UAW gets more and more and the white collar guys got less and less. Few UAW guys will ever see it that way.

Quoting FlyingSicilian (Reply 38):

They do now.

There are Ferrari dealers in New York, Miami, Houston, LA, Vegas, etc etc

I just hope their new products hold up better than all those junk rust buckets they sold here in the 70s. Those cars rusted faster than anything I have ever seen and I've seen some rusty cars.

kingairta

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:26 pm

The 500 will be here.

It's currently getting the bumpers revised to US standards. Models for Canada will follow later when they can get the lights to Canadian specs. Something about not being damaged in a 10 mph incident.

It'll be bigger then the smart but smaller then the Cooper with better mileage then either.

JoeCanuck

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:17 pm

The beauty of this plan is there is virtually no overlap between companies. Selling Alfas in Chrysler showrooms might bring in some customers and it won't hurt FIAT selling Jeeps and minivans out of their showrooms.

Chrysler gets some instant small cars, FIAT gets to produce in N.America. It's win/win...if Chrysler can survive long enough.
What the...?

kingairta

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:26 pm

IF is the big statement. Unfortunately it takes time to get vehicles past the EPA and ready for safety standards. But I'd image Fiat has the cash to get Chrysler past that hump until the product is ready for sale.

MAH4546

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Quoting KingAirTA (Reply 43):
Unfortunately it takes time to get vehicles past the EPA and ready for safety standards.

No it doesn't. Most European cars can be up to U.S. safety standards in 6-9 months with minimal modifications. Engines can be tricky, but they can also be swapped out.
a.

JoeCanuck

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 44):
No it doesn't. Most European cars can be up to U.S. safety standards in 6-9 months with minimal modifications. Engines can be tricky, but they can also be swapped out.

Most cars are already up to US standards...if they don't exceed them already. With globalization, the days of different standards in different markets for the same car a pretty much over.

That is for models that are exported. Their are lots of domestic only models in countries around the world which probably don't meet any standard.
What the...?

yowza

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:46 pm

So two companies I would never buy a car from are now one  Smile

YOWza

falstaff

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:51 am

Quoting YOWza (Reply 46):
So two companies I would never buy a car from are now one

Give it a try, you might like it.

I had a 2005 Dodge Magnum and a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. Both were good cars. I just can't keep a car very long. I also had a 1965 Dodge Polara, which also was a great car. I never owned an Italian car, but maybe one day....

Quoting KingAirTA (Reply 43):
Unfortunately it takes time to get vehicles past the EPA and ready for safety standards

It amazes me how all the greens talk about how great the European cars are, but they still don't meet US EPA standards. I guess it is just a case of the grass is greener on the other side.

stasisLAX

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:22 am

Quoting KingAirTA (Reply 41):
Models for Canada will follow later when they can get the lights to Canadian specs. Something about not being damaged in a 10 mph incident.

Correct, Fiat is working on making the parklng lights resistant to breakage since under Canadian law, the front turn single/parking lamps must still be fully function after the bumper bashing test because daytime running lamps are the law in the great white North.  Wink

ltbewr

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:41 am

I still have a feeling this is a 'shotgun wedding' and won't last.

While many hope for small Fiats to be built in the USA - forgetaboutit. They will be made in Chrysler plants in Mexico or in current Fiat plants in low wage Brazil and/or Poland, or at least major components (engines, transmissions) made there. I also suspect that smallest cars will be only Fiats. I recall there had been talks with a China carmaker to make cars in China for Chrysler in a few years and I suspect that is dead (thank God).