EZEIZA
Topic Author

Raul Alfonsin Dies At Age 82

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 am

Despite my opinions on all Argentine politicians, Alfonsin was the first elected President and represented Argentina's return to democracy. So even if just for that, he was a very important person in the history of the country and of the modern history of the continent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-alfonsin-argentina-president-dies
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

MD11junkie

RE: Raul Alfonsin Dies At Age 82

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Raúl Alfonsín was an example of honesty, word, something that in this country is something very valuable and rare.

I was born on December 10th, 1983 - the day he came into office, ending 7 years of military regime. Thanks to him, he secured our ideal of Democracy, by defending our institutions from attacks of the withdrawing, junta driven military men.

His term in office, with big hits (plan Austral) and misses (plan Primavera), was, I think, the most prosperous idealogical times in our country. He trialled the Junta members and put our government standing for Human Rights, the way it should be.

Que Descanse en Paz, mi presidente. You are still my president, you'll always be the biggest democratic political icon in my era.

La casa está en orden, gracias a Ud.

God speed, R.I.P.
There is no such thing as Boeing vs Airbus as the queen of the skies has three engines, winglets and the sweetest nose!