allstarflyer

Police Shootout In Pitt

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:58 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/04/...ittsburgh.officers.shot/index.html

I hope it's not like how it was in Oakland a short while ago. Here's to the cops bringing the hammer down with all necessary force.
Living the American Dream

CO7e7

RE: Police Shootout In Pitt

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:39 am

RIP to Pittsburgh's 3 brave police officers who lost their lives.

It's a shame so many police officers had to lose their lives because some lunatic wanted to make a statement.

pray 

DC10extender

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 am

Give him the death penalty. This scum doesn't deserve to walk the earth. RIP brothers. Your service is not forgotten.
Did you ever read on your birth certificate that life is fair? Thats cause its not there.

iliribdl

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:17 am

Quoting DC10extender (Reply 2):
Give him the death penalty.

Put him in front of a firing squad, he deserves it.

RIP to the officers.
delta.com

WarRI1

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:51 am

It always amazes me how these big brave men can shoot a policmen and then turn into cowards and give themselves up. Not afraid to shoot from concealment, but they do not want to die themselves, when the chips are down. The families of the late policemen should sit in judgement of him, and set his punishment. I guarantee, the taxpayers would not support him for years.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

seb146

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:40 pm

My heart goes out to the families.

But, 22 people in three separate incidents across the country all from guns. Five innocent children and their coward father outside of Tacoma, Washington and the murder spree in Binghampton, New York. The gunmen in one of these three incidents were concerned the Obama administration would ban guns. Not to mention a Columbine-style attack broken up near Salem, Oregon this week. How are any of these a convincing argument for letting anyone have any type of gun for any reason or at any point?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Aaron747

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 5):
How are any of these a convincing argument for letting anyone have any type of gun for any reason or at any point?

Because these type of people will always be able acquire guns, whether they are legal or not. That behooves security-minded individuals to at least consider the option of keeping them legally available for those of us who would prefer not to talk their ilk down with mere words. Having lived for five years in a country where there is so little crime that home starts sounding scary, there's a lot of logic to a protectionist attitude.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

DC10extender

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm

How are any of these a convincing argument for letting anyone have any type of gun for any reason or at any point?

This is not a gun control debate. This is about remembering 3 police officers. But it wouldn't make me feel safer to get rid of my guns. I of course have to carry one but I also am a private owner.
Did you ever read on your birth certificate that life is fair? Thats cause its not there.

Falcon84

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Just read about this guy who shot the officers. He was, literally, a gun nut. He apparentrly only liked police when they weren't abridging his constitutional rights to stokpile the things.

He also assulted his drill sergeant when he was in the Marine Corps a few years back.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/05/...burgh.officers.shot.dog/index.html

Now, someone explain to me how this lunatic legally got guns? And tell me wny that's a good thing for our Constitutional rights?
Work Right, Fly Hard

steeler83

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 am

Quoting DC10extender (Reply 2):
Give him the death penalty. This scum doesn't deserve to walk the earth.

This has been all over the Pittsburgh news the past couple of days, and how tragic! As I read the headlines yesterday I thought of the times I saw a memorial service of the different fallen Philly PD officers who lost their lives last year. They were having some service for somebody at the Basilica of Sts Peter and Paul in Center City...

I agree with you. This piece of s$9t does not deserve to be alive. In fact, in PA, murdering a police officer is a capital offense. While I do not believe in the death penalty, I do believe there are some exceptions for some downright evil people, such as this person.

I just think this is really sad. Two of the guys had families, and the 3rd was only engaged to be married...

cry 
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

itsjustme

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 am

Quoting DC10extender (Reply 7):

This is not a gun control debate. This is about remembering 3 police officers.

checkmark 

It's tragic enough that 3 more brother officers were killed in the line but the fact that one of them was actually on his way home in his own vehicle after completing his shift and went to the scene on his own time before being shot and killed makes it even more tragic. Thank God PA has capital punishment.

seb146

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:46 am

I feel there are two parts to this tragedy: Remembering the officers who lost their lives and trying to figure out why this is a good reason to allow people to have stockpiles of guns. Don't get me wrong: One or even two are fine. I grew up in a part of the United States where guns were not used at protection from crazy people but for hunting game and surviving the winter. So, gun ownership is not a big deal for me. I do not own a gun, but if someone else wants to, that is fine with me. But, do we really need to carry around AK-47s? Does one person really need to own 10 or 20 guns at a time?

smcmac32msn

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:39 am

Because not everyone who owns a gun is a nut-case douche-bag like this guy or the guy in Binghampton. People who see this only see the bad in people who own guns.

Totally agree...... RIP to the officers today.
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.

ANCFlyer

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:57 am

Rest in Peace fellow coppers . . .

There's been a lot of officers killed this calendar year already. Some violently, some not. A friend in Montana tells me of two there killed in traffic fatalities as well . . .

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 11):
trying to figure out why this is a good reason to allow people to have stockpiles of guns.

Once more SEB . . . this isn't a gun control debate.

If you'd like one, please start a thread, I shall be glad to participate . . . .

Why is it every time we have this sort of RIP thread the anti-gun nuts come out of the wood work? Isn't that off topic . . . .

[Edited 2009-04-06 23:58:22]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

seb146

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 13):
Why is it every time we have this sort of RIP thread the anti-gun nuts come out of the wood work?

It just amazes me how no one even saw

Remembering the officers who lost their lives

or

My heart goes out to the families.

or

I do not own a gun, but if someone else wants to, that is fine with me.

How am I an anti-gun nut or being a heartless jerk again? I will give you off topic, but anti-gun nut by pointing out the obvious?

Aaron747

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 14):
How am I an anti-gun nut or being a heartless jerk again? I will give you off topic, but anti-gun nut by pointing out the obvious?

Well, simply put, so long as people are going to be out there with illegal firearms in our communities, it's nuts for responsible citizens to be completely anti-gun.

Unless you have a proposal to somehow safeguard individual citizens at current levels of policing while also completely eradicating the black arms market in the urban US, there's little else to discuss.  stirthepot 
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty