Baexecutive
Topic Author

Annoying Neighbours

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 pm

How on earth do you deal with them?

We've got this really really annoying twat in the apartment above, every time he hears a peep of music he fires an email off to the building manager, I mean WTF! Why not just put a note through the door or summat, its only made matters worse as we've got a flaming WAR going on now LMAO.........guess who's winning : )))

ajd1992

RE: Annoying Neighbours

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Play annoying music louder, something like I Would Walk by the Proclaimers.

He'll never complain again  Wink

On a more mature note, I'd just go and talk to him first, then if he carries on just see your building manager and see what he can do about it.

mbmbos

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Quoting Baexecutive (Thread starter):

You know I think when you're dealing with someone who is clearly unreasonable I'm not sure a face-to-face conversation will do anything but heat the situation up even more. I'm guessing you don't have this fool completely figured out and confronting him may be playing into his hands.

I suspect that this fellow is likely to be complaining about other people in the apartment complex. He's got to be losing credibility with the building management as they are going to figure out he's a nut, if they haven't already. It might make sense to lay low on this one.

Baexecutive
Topic Author

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 1):

Thats exactly what we did do LMFAO

MCOflyer

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:51 am

I have an annoying tenant whose b/f has major problems and they fight all the time and gets physical and do other stuff. I went and saw my old manager at the time and filed a complaint for code violations (ie kids running around in the street, cooking on a grill in middle of street). When the arguing and and threats about you do this, ill shoot you started, I called the cops and saw my new manager as my old one got transferred. We talked and in the end, it has stopped for now. Knowing these people, it will probably happen again and I will once again file a complaint.

KH
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

RussianJet

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:54 am

We used to live above a real pair of idiots in London. They had the basement floor of a converted house, we had the upper two floors. Basically, they used to complain bitterly about the sound of us walking (sic!) in our kitchen. Not playing music, not the washing machine or vacuum cleaner in the middle of the night, but daring to walk across your own kitchen floor to get some food or a glass of water. They threatened us with the authorities etc, and in the end, haveing tried to be more than reasonable with them, we just told them to f**k off, knowing full well that nobody is going to do anything to us for just walking around your own home. There are some real idiots out there, that's for sure.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

HAWK21M

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 am

Senti people.
People should have higher tolerance levels  Smile

Try talking to the person.If not take the fight to the end.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

jamincan

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 5):
We used to live above a real pair of idiots in London. They had the basement floor of a converted house, we had the upper two floors. Basically, they used to complain bitterly about the sound of us walking (sic!) in our kitchen. Not playing music, not the washing machine or vacuum cleaner in the middle of the night, but daring to walk across your own kitchen floor to get some food or a glass of water. They threatened us with the authorities etc, and in the end, haveing tried to be more than reasonable with them, we just told them to f**k off, knowing full well that nobody is going to do anything to us for just walking around your own home. There are some real idiots out there, that's for sure.

I was visiting my sister once, and she had to leave early to go to work. Anyway, I was basically just sitting around, not doing too much, surfing the Internet, having a shower, getting dressed etc. Anyway, I heard a knock on her apartment door and I answered. Her neighbour below started telling me how her walking around bothered him and kept him up all hours of night (only a slight exaggeration I suppose, she's a paramedic and has odd hours). Anyway, I told him immediately that I was only her brother and was only visiting, but he kept on going on and on. I told him that I would tell her that she should talk to the building superintendent and see if anything can be done, he left, and I left a note telling her that her neighbour downstairs was a jackass. Big grin Honestly though, basically, when my sister isn't working, she's sitting watching TV, sitting on the computer, sleeping, or not in the apartment at all. Is she supposed to avoid walking into her apartment entirely to appease her neighbour?

gkirk

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Quoting Baexecutive (Reply 3):
Thats exactly what we did do LMFAO

Play Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up at full blast  Silly
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

allrite

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 1):

When we had Greek neighbours in Melbourne they would play their annoying music up very loud into the wee hours of the morning (they would also chuck rubbish like cans and wrappers over the fence into our backyard). One night while they were partying loudly until late Dad turned his big speakers across to them and blasted opera back. The rest of us attempted to find some peace and quiet deep within the house, not to much avail.

I think a Turkish neighbour eventually got so annoyed at these late night parties that he stabbed the Greek. Ahhh Cyprus!  Smile

Our current neighbours, with whom we share a common wall, become noisy after 10pm, with the kids shouting and swearing and sometimes Arabic music played very loudly (with a subwoofer). It not only disturbs our young baby (who we keep pretty quiet) but also makes it that much more difficult to catch up on what few opportunities for sleep we have.

Said neighbours, plus friends, also haven't heard of rubbish bins and teaching children to through your rubbish away rather than on your lawn. And to treat other people's property with respect - like not deliberately kicking soccer balls into your garage door and windows and wrecking your garden.

Other neighbours, with a bikie son who got busted for drug dealing, used their ill gotten gains to buy lots of cars. So many that they didn't fit in their own driveway. So they parked their cars on other people's gardens along the street, then refused to move them when you wanted to mow the lawn. One night when they were out we quickly planted shrubs alongside our part of the street and hammered in big posts so that they would damage their cars if they returned.
I like artificial banana essence!

MCOflyer

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Fortunately my landlord is very nice about getting rid pesky neighbors. Many have moved out as a result of her not tolerating such behavior.

KH
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

HAWK21M

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 am

Quoting Jamincan (Reply 7):
and I left a note telling her that her neighbour downstairs was a jackass.

Gift the neighbour a box of earplugs  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Carlisle

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Better an annoying neighbor than an annoying ROOM MATE.

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):
Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up at full blast

LOL - That's a good idea!

Cheers,
Jeremy Carlisle
"CLEAN PLANES AND DIRTY MARTINIS" (Delta)

Virginblue4

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Hehe where do i start?

Well i go out walking my dog everyday and one of my ex-neighbours used to shout full blast out the window at me if i walked the dog on the pavement past her house. i dont think she realised the pavement is actually public property, i mean FFS she even called the police because i used to walk my dog past her house to the park, they told her it was a waste of police time and that she can only call for a serious reason next time. And all the kids used to play out the front (we have a little park out front) and there is a tiny sign saying no ball games and she used to film the kids everytime they even kicked or threw a ball then send the video of to the council. It was absolutely pathetic. Thankfully she moved though, so i cant complain anyore. It made me laugh how pathetic she really was!

Jordan
The amazing tale of flight.

don81603

Sat May 02, 2009 3:32 pm

I had one years ago... Whined and complained about the stereo being too loud. So I had a band practice one fine Saturday afternoon on the deck. 6 Marshall stacks, full PA system (even mic'ed the kit) and played about an hour and a half of Judas Priest's Painkiller. We never did seem to get it just right, but the next day he had a "For Sale" sign in front of his house.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

fxramper

Sat May 02, 2009 3:38 pm

I wouldn't consider it annoying, but it does keep me from my sleep - I'll come in from a late flight and stay up late to unwind and end up trying to sleep during the day and the kids next door, like clockwork, bounce the basketball to death around their basket. That sound of the ball hitting the pavement like a clock ticking can sometime drive me batty.  rotfl 

jetstar

Sun May 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Quoting Don81603 (Reply 14):
So I had a band practice one fine Saturday afternoon on the deck. 6 Marshall stacks, full PA system (even mic'ed the kit) and played about an hour and a half of Judas Priest's Painkiller. We never did seem to get it just right, but the next day he had a "For Sale" sign in front of his house.

Do that in my town in Southwestern Connecticut and if anyone complains, you will get a visit from the local police department, the first visit will be a verbal warning to shut it down, the second visit if needed will result in a summons for excessive noise.

JetStar

captaingomes

Sun May 03, 2009 10:43 pm

For the loud music folks here, if it is on occasion during the day, that's one thing. However, in the middle of the night like I've had to endure a few times in my building, it gets old very quickly. Some people do shift work and people should consider others before blasting loud music, whether it's during the day time or night time. Perhaps if a neighbour of yours were blasting music that is not to your liking and you needed to sleep or were nursing a headache, you'd all think otherwise.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

Jetsgo

Mon May 04, 2009 12:04 am

For the most part, I have been fortunate enough to have respectful neighbors. However, a few years ago while living in Sacramento, there was a single mom and her to boys who lived below us. The boys were probably 9 and 12 so they would be getting home from school around 3pm. Their mom usually didn't get home until 6pm. Anyway, the kids were wannabe punks who played some loud shit music when home alone. It used to vibrate the house so much so that the windows and our glass coffee table would make noise. After exhausting all the normal resources such as talking to the boys, their mom, and management, I felt it was time for me to take things into my own hands. Now keep in mind, what I did was probably illegal but I stand by it to this date. One night I went downstairs and circled the exterior of the building and found the electrical panel. I had to pry it open so I could take a look at how it worked. The next afternoon I waited for the music, calmly walked downstairs, and shut off their power. I left it off until around 6pm just before their mom got home. Continued the cycle for a month or two whenever their music bothered me. They eventually got evicted and I moved up to Reno shortly after. Never got caught...

Cool
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

steeler83

Mon May 04, 2009 3:50 am

Quoting Carlisle (Reply 12):
Better an annoying neighbor than an annoying ROOM MATE.

My fiancee and I have been there before, and not one by two annoying roomates!! I wish I would have known her better during freshman year (at the time, it was only one). I would have snuck into her room and taken a shaving razor down the middle of the bad roomate's scalp! Big grin
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

dragon6172

Mon May 04, 2009 9:21 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):
Play Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up at full blast

Nothing like a good Rick Roll to drive the neighbors crazy!
Phrogs Phorever

iairallie

Wed May 06, 2009 6:55 am

Personally I think the more annoying neighbor is you.

Get headphones or move into a single occupant house if you must have your stero blaring with the bass thumping. Loud blaring music in communal living is a dickwad thing to do. You could also consider asking him what his schedule is so that you can get your music fix when he isn't home. It could be possible to move the stero to a different room maybe one with out a shared wall or one that isn't above a bedroom or quiet area. If you have interconnected vents consider taping the one in your stero room up. Inead of acting like a 2 year old and blaring your music louder to get a rise. Put yourself in his shoes and be a considerate member of society.

As to the walking thing. I've been on the top, middle and bottom floors. If you have wood, tile or laminate floors don't wear shoes when you walk around and try not to be heavy footed when you walk. It's pretty simple. Area rugs also help minimize the disruption.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

RussianJet

Wed May 06, 2009 8:42 am

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 21):
if you must have your stero blaring with the bass thumping. Loud blaring music in communal living is a dickwad thing to do

Whoa, hold the phone! That's one hell of a leap from this -

every time he hears a peep of music

As for the floor thing, from personal experience I can say that there are some people out there for whom it makes no difference what sensible behaviours you employ or what consideration you give. No shoes? Well duh, we never allowed shoes on inside, and we sure tried not to walk heavy-footed, and we did put down rugs. Not good enough apparently. Face it - some people just love to complain.

iairallie

Wed May 06, 2009 9:20 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 22):
every time he hears a peep of music

His neighbors should never have to hear his music. If they can hear it, it is too loud.

RussianJet

Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 am

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 23):
His neighbors should never have to hear his music. If they can hear it, it is too loud.

In general, you are right - but then there are some who live in blocks, next to others or whatever, who expect total silence from all neighbours - and that is 100% unrealistic and unreasonable.

iairallie

Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 24):
In general, you are right - but then there are some who live in blocks, next to others or whatever, who expect total silence from all neighbours - and that is 100% unrealistic and unreasonable.

I agree with that. Some people are unreasonable but I don't think the neighbor that prompted the OP was.

ManuCH
Crew

Wed May 06, 2009 3:34 pm

I've had some really annoying neighbors for a couple of years. They left shopping carts (yes, the ones from the malls) in front of their door, which people visiting us would obviously also see (I live in a block and there are 2 apartments per floor). I managed to have said cart removed by talking to them. Fine.

Then their kids started playing the piano (and they weren't good at it) at 11.30 PM on Sunday night. Not fun. This time I talked to the building management, which told them to stop at 10 PM as stated in the building rules. It worked more or less.

What never stopped were these kids (the same who played the piano) licking the elevator mirror, both parents and kids not washing themselves (the elevator and the entire floor would have bad smell for an hour after they passed by), and their constant not-being-careful and leaving dirt and strange liquids everywhere when coming and going from their apartment. Everything connected to them was just "yuck" - dirty and smelly.

They eventually moved away. The building manager told me they have to invest around $50k to make the apartment "usable" again, that much they ruined it by not being careful. Broken tiles everywhere, all appliances have to be replaced, broken bathroom furniture, broken power and phone outlets, huge holes in the (now almost black) walls everywhere, rotten tiles... a complete disaster (I even had the honor to go and see it myself - I was shocked, that apartment looked like 50 years old instead of 15).

Now the only annoying neighbor remaining is an old lady who sometimes falls asleep with the TV blaring at maximum volume. In our apartment it sounds as if we had the TV on inside. I talked to her, she is very sorry about all this, but sometimes it just happens and she can't help it. Oh well...
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

ME AVN FAN

Wed May 06, 2009 9:37 pm

What about a bit of nice chaos ? I for more than four decades lived in an apartment block with clear but not very strict rules and a good climate, then had my own apartment for a decade across the road with the same rules but not very nice neighbours and the hostile chief of the co-operative. I still had a room in the apartment of my mother. But had to give up my apartment and move into a suburb. The apartment was disturbingly quiet, one neighbour above 80, the other one an exceedingly boring salesman -- at least a decade younger than me but behaving a decade older at least, in the floor below the nice but rather strict housekeeper, an exceedingly boring woman right below me without age and an ageless couple right next to her, in short, an extraordinarily "honourable" house. I know could take a larger apartment north of Zurich, in a block with no visible rules, a somewhat chaotic community of at least a dozen nationalities from around the globe, the Portuguese neighbours next door unable to close doors at below the noise of a starting Concorde, one empty place in the cellar empty and now for the next three days used by ME to store old cardbox-material, Mr Carramba (real name tinely different!) either smoking heavy stuff or cooking with a horribly smelling garlic-rotten-wood-mix, Mr & Mrs Patrickday (name slightly changed) going out with some dogs approx 12 times per day and she noticing everything in evidence but nevertheless a charming nice couple, Mrs former-restaurant-waitress going shopping at least 5 times per day as forgetting usually what she wants but very nice. In short I love that charming community of chaots of all colours of this world, generally tolerant and open-minded and friendly, I really do !  rotfl   rotfl 

Type-Rated

Sat May 09, 2009 6:25 am

I have two real idiots for neighbors and I have a single home.

One on the right is a young redneck that thinks he's the smartest guy in the world. He thinks he's the best there is. When Hurricane Rita came and he had to rebuild his wood fence that got knocked down he replaced all his fencing in his yard. Trouble was he used the cheapest pickets he could find and STAPLED them to the posts. When Hurricane Ike came we found parts of his fence all over the subdivision. My fence, which is held together with screws stayed put.

The guy on the other side is a high school teacher with two little bratty kids and a neurotic wife.. These kids throw their dolls and toys over the fence into my yard and tell Daddy that my dogs came into their yard and "stole" these toys from them. Then Daddy comes to my door and wants to know how my dogs got over a 7 foot fence and stole the toys from his little dears. This has gone on and on countless times. They are all idiots.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

ME AVN FAN

Sat May 09, 2009 7:46 am

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 28):
a high school teacher with two little bratty kids and a neurotic wife.. These kids throw their dolls and toys over the fence into my yard and tell Daddy that my dogs came into their yard and "stole" these toys from them. Then Daddy comes to my door and wants to know how my dogs got over a 7 foot fence and stole the toys from his little dears.

-
His question reveals his real opinion ! So, when he comes round next time, invite him to a coffee, a glass of wine or a whisky (depending on time and taste). Talk about how beloved children and beloved dogs of course at times CAN be tiring, but need care and attention.
-
The other guy, the one from the village where people are always right, is a more difficult matter. But mistakes like the one with the lousy fence could have happened to others as well. And somebody arriving in your area from Switzerland would take all necessary precautions for heavy snowfall but nothing in regard to hurricanes, just to use one example. Suggest you ignore his arrogance but not the man himself.

ajd1992

Sat May 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Quoting Don81603 (Reply 14):
I had one years ago... Whined and complained about the stereo being too loud. So I had a band practice one fine Saturday afternoon on the deck. 6 Marshall stacks, full PA system (even mic'ed the kit) and played about an hour and a half of Judas Priest's Painkiller. We never did seem to get it just right, but the next day he had a "For Sale" sign in front of his house.

Like your style, but that must have been ridiculously loud. I'd use 6 Marshall Stacks in a big club, not a back yard. Still, at least he moved away. 

My annoying neighbours were the woman next door who's bed happened to be up against the wall... I'm sure you can see where this one is going. EVERY night between 10pm and 3am, bang-bang-bang on the wall. It got to the point when I knew it was her time of the month because that was the only time she DIDN'T bang on the wall. I understand sex is part of a healthy relationship, but don't wake me up doing it. She woke me up just before I was due to start my exams at school at 3 in the morning. A 2 1/2 hour English Lit exam, a 2 hour Geography exam and an hours worth of maths exam is not a good idea on 4 hours sleep.

Thought I was free when they split up, then he started visiting her when it suited him so they could fuck. Seems like I couldn't win at all with them.

Now I'm in a different bedroom, my problem is my next room neighbours, namely my dad and his girlfriend...       I've been woken up several times to what sounds like a Wookie being murdered...  

[Edited 2009-05-09 06:03:46]

Type-Rated

Sat May 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks for the insight. I have had them over for dinner a couple of times and they have invited me a few times to their home for dinner. I just find that we have nothing in common. I didn't mention a previous problem we had. His two little girls used to come to my house and tap on the windows and make noises at my dogs (3 large labs) The dogs would come to the window and bark at them. I asked the kids not to do that, and of course they wouldn't comply with my wishes so I approached Daddy and told him of the problem. He said "I can tell them to stop but that doesn't mean they will listen". This went on for almost a year. Well I came home one afternoon and caught them in the act. Before I could get out of my car the window exploded out. One of the labs had enough of this and jumped right through the window at the kids. When the screen blew out it knocked the kids down and they were hysterical. I wanted the guy to pay for the window, but all I heard out of him was "kids will be kids".... Then a few months later one of his kids came up through the window and threw a rock through it. Once more.... "kids will be kids...."

iairallie

Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 31):
When the screen blew out it knocked the kids down and they were hysterical. I wanted the guy to pay for the window, but all I heard out of him was "kids will be kids".... Then a few months later one of his kids came up through the window and threw a rock through it. Once more.... "kids will be kids...."

Thats why we have a legal system.

If the dad won't work with you warn him that you will consider it tresspassing and vandalism and take the necessary steps (ie call the cops) to protect your dogs and your property.

ME AVN FAN

Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 pm

tap on the windows and make noises at my dogs (3 large labs) The dogs would come to the window and bark at them. I asked the kids not to do that, and of course they wouldn't comply with my wishes so I approached Daddy and told him of the problem. He said "I can tell them to stop but that doesn't mean they will listen". This went on for almost a year. Well I came home one afternoon and caught them in the act. Before I could get out of my car the window exploded out. One of the labs had enough of this and jumped right through the window at the kids. When the screen blew out it knocked the kids down and they were hysterical. I wanted the guy to pay for the window, but all I heard out of him was "kids will be kids".... Then a few months later one of his kids came up through the window and threw a rock through it. Once more.... "kids will be kids...."

-
Sounds as if it indeed is a serious problem. And the man presumably on the "anti-authoritarian wave". Yes, if things go on, you might have to consult a lawyer about possible appropriate action.

Type-Rated

Tue May 12, 2009 8:27 pm

I presented this guy with a $800 bill for the window replacement (I put in hurricane glass so it wouldn't happen again, it was a 9 true divided light window) and a $300.00 bill for the emergency vet service to stitch up the dogs leg when she sliced herself going through the window.

Mr. Idiot came back and asked me if his little girls fell off their bike on my driveway, how would I like to be sued? He's an ex-Marine, he knows discipline. Another neighbor down the street called me and told me I have to make peace with the neighbors. So word got around fast.

Fortunately even though we have a shared fence between us the way the houses are set up I never see them except when the little darlings come around. But lately all they have been doing is the doll throwing thing.

I think the main problem was I didn't research what kind of people live in this sub division before I purchased my home. I won't make that mistake again!

ajd1992

Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Smash one of his big expensive windows.

Tell him "Idiots will be Idiots"  Wink

Not calling you an idiot, but if he's being childish then beat him at his own game.

steeler83

Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 pm

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 26):
They eventually moved away. The building manager told me they have to invest around $50k to make the apartment "usable" again, that much they ruined it by not being careful. Broken tiles everywhere, all appliances have to be replaced, broken bathroom furniture, broken power and phone outlets, huge holes in the (now almost black) walls everywhere, rotten tiles... a complete disaster (I even had the honor to go and see it myself - I was shocked, that apartment looked like 50 years old instead of 15).

So they left on their own? Are you sure they weren't evicted?

It's a miracle you didn't get sick! I wonder if they landlord sought legal action against those tenants for $50k worth of damage! Sheesh! Every appliance ruined? Broken tiles, stains and what not on the walls and floors? I'd go as far to call that severe vandalism if it were up to me! Considering the children involved, how about neglect and endangerment...

The worst my fiancee and I left behind at our former apartment back in Lancaster was a few stains on the range and in the regridgerator, and we only had to pay a measily $40 for that, which came out of our deposit...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

YYZflyer

Wed May 13, 2009 2:29 am

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 34):
Mr. Idiot came back and asked me if his little girls fell off their bike on my driveway, how would I like to be sued? He's an ex-Marine, he knows discipline. Another neighbor down the street called me and told me I have to make peace with the neighbors. So word got around fast.

Umm....how can he sue you if his kids were on your driveway and they fell off their bikes? It's just a driveway and I assume you have nothing that can lure kids like some backyards? It's not your fault they fell. I remember if fell off my bike on my street when I was maybe 6 or 7 and I scratched my stomach pretty bad which means I should have sued the city for making the road too rough.  Yeah sure

Pretty sure I don't have any overly annoying neighbours, I just mind my own business.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

steeler83

Wed May 13, 2009 2:46 am

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 37):
Umm....how can he sue you if his kids were on your driveway and they fell off their bikes? It's just a driveway and I assume you have nothing that can lure kids like some backyards? It's not your fault they fell. I remember if fell off my bike on my street when I was maybe 6 or 7 and I scratched my stomach pretty bad which means I should have sued the city for making the road too rough.

Pretty sure I don't have any overly annoying neighbours, I just mind my own business.

I cannot stand these sue-happy, cannot-accept-responsibility-because-I-am-always-right imbiciles.

These morons, plus shark lawyers (with some influence from the ACLU depending on severity and scope of the case), equals a very bad society...

Reminds me of the two bitches my fiancee lived with for a little while before she broke the lease and moved out of that hell hole. She was tired of living with them. They essentially ganged up on her, had some ridiculous chore list, left her little notes that this was not cleaned up-that was a mess, blah blah blah...

Anyway, she wanted out of there, so I helped her pick up the TV and put it in her car. The one roomate had a TV, but it was a piece of crap (at the time of move-in). After we did that, she got a cell phone call from one of the bitches saying they want to sue her for moving the TV... oh, and that we broke the other one...

1) It was MY FIANCEE's TV
2) The other TV was a 25-year-old piece of crap at the time of move-in. It had no picture left. You had to smack it on the side in order to get the picture back. My fiancee offered to buy a new TV, which she did with her own money, to replace that one... Oh yeah, if we really wanted to break that piece of junk, we would have taken a sledge hammer to it!

Those two get my vote for worst roomates ever...

mirrodie

Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 am

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 28):
They are all idiots.

They sure fit the bill.

I wanted the guy to pay for the window, but all I heard out of him was "kids will be kids".... Then a few months later one of his kids came up through the window and threw a rock through it. Once more.... "kids will be kids...."

A classic example of shitty parenting. And his kid's will go through life with similar excuses made by daddy.

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 34):

Your neighborhood sounds like its chock full of imbeciles. First off, an ex-Marine? What discipline has he instilled in his kids?????

And if his kids fell off their bikes in your driveway, weren't they trespassing to begin with?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can I add whacky neighbors to this thread?

Luckily, mine are just annoying and benign issues. Got the neighbor's wife who is an expert on everything. I think she just loves to hear herself talk.

To give one example, we were chatting one day and the subject of colorblindness came up. And she proceeded to try and tell my wife and I, both eye doctors, about the subject (and was wrong). It took her husband to stop her and say, "honey, this is their field. They KNOW more than you." It's also funny to hear her give my wife advice about nursing when she never has had the experience. Just two examples. Pretty funny.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

iairallie

Wed May 13, 2009 3:24 am

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 37):
Umm....how can he sue you if his kids were on your driveway and they fell off their bikes?

Yeah I'm wondering that myself. Post a discrete no trespassing sign CYA. Send them a certified letter that states you are not responsible for the injuries of unsupervised children on your property and any trespassers do so at their own risk.

ManuCH
Crew

Wed May 13, 2009 5:25 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 36):
So they left on their own? Are you sure they weren't evicted?

It's a miracle you didn't get sick! I wonder if they landlord sought legal action against those tenants for $50k worth of damage!

Apparently yes, they left on their own, because they complained that the administration wouldn't fix or replace for free the stuff they broke. Haha. Go figure...

But they've been "almost evicted" in the past, when they installed 3 (three) satellite dishes outside of their balcony (visible from the street, which is not allowed). It was so bad that after 3 registered letters which obtained no result, the building owner himself knocked on their door and went "OK listen, you either remove those dishes, or I'll kick you out of this apartment - feel free to sue me afterwards, I don't care". That's when they removed the antennas.

Latest news is that the owner is thinking about starting legal action against them. I wonder how this will turn out.
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

MD11Engineer

Wed May 13, 2009 10:29 am

He said "I can tell them to stop but that doesn't mean they will listen". This went on for almost a year. Well I came home one afternoon and caught them in the act. Before I could get out of my car the window exploded out. One of the labs had enough of this and jumped right through the window at the kids. When the screen blew out it knocked the kids down and they were hysterical. I wanted the guy to pay for the window, but all I heard out of him was "kids will be kids".... Then a few months later one of his kids came up through the window and threw a rock through it. Once more.... "kids will be kids...."

Story I've heard back in the 1990s:
Queue at asupermarket checkout. First in line is an elderly gentleman, followed by a "hippy" mom with a 5 year old kid, behind them is a teenage punk rocker (mohawk haircut, safety pins, "Doc Martens" boots and all) .
The 5 year old keeps on banging the shopping trolley into the heels of the elderly gentleman ahaed, who turns and asks the hipy mother to stop her son from doing it. She answers that her son is being brought up in an anti-authoritarian way and that the gentleman should convince her son to stop doing so, upon which the son bangs the trolley really hard into the man's legs for emphasis.
Cue the punk. He opens a 1 lb glass of honey from his shopping trolley and pours the contents over the hippy mom's head, saying that he was brought up anti-authoritarian as well....

Jan

[Edited 2009-05-13 03:30:32]
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

steeler83

Wed May 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 41):
Latest news is that the owner is thinking about starting legal action against them. I wonder how this will turn out.

Good! He should seek legal action. Like I said before, all the stuff that was broken or needed replacing, that all added up to what, $50k? You know, the more I think about it, the more I say that it even crosses the line of vandalism. That's an absurdly huge amount of damage...!