propilot83

Cell Phone & Texting Fines

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:13 pm

For those of you still using your cell phone without a bluetooth or headset, and for those still texting while driving, well guess what, there's good news, the penalty and fine for these offenses have been increased from $20 to $100+. If you live in Rancho Cucamonga, California, your first time offense is $180, my sister lives in Riverside County, and her fine was $100. I am so glad that they increased the fine. Obviously a $20 fine wouldnt get motorists to stop using their cell phones while driving, well the state legislators decided to raise the fine big time and so they did. So if you get caught on a cell phone talking or texting while driving, your fine will be anywhere from $100 + upwards depending on what county you live in. And if I catch you on a cell phone talking or texting and driving slow in the fast lane or not paying attention, then I will give you the horn and the.......

DFW13L

RE: Cell Phone & Texting Fines

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 am

Wow, that's a lot of money! I don't view talking on a handheld cell phone as dangerous, but texting is. Anything that takes your view off the road for more than about 2 seconds can be dangerous.

Keep in mind California is bankrupt and trying to pay for 8 nannies to watch octuplets and other important uses of everyone's money, so they need to bankrupt people who are texting to help out with their irresponsible budget issues.
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!