There've been millions of mistakes all over the world in the 100 days since Obama has been in office. I'd say if a president only makes one mistake a day, that's a pretty good ratio.
Some of these listed are particularly asinine:
- Not adopting a dog from a shelter. - Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega went on a 50-minute anti-American rant, calling Obama "president of an empire." Obama didn't leave the room. "I thought it was 50 minutes long. That's what I thought," he said.
Can you really criticize a president for staying seated when a head of state is speaking? And isn't Obama president of an empire? What do you expect people to think when we go fight wars to oust leaders in sovereign countries? (not saying whether or not such wars are bad ideas ... but America is somewhat imperial ...)
- "The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today."
Ummm ... mentioning a possible threat to homeland security is a mistake?
- Nixes a "buy American" provision in the stimulus bill.
The provision was nixed because there is almost no standard to say what is actually "made" in America these days ... airlines wouldn't be able to purchase Boeing aircraft, as parts come in from suppliers on more than two continents, diddo with automobiles.
- Sanjay Gupta was in discussions to become Surgeon General, but the TV personality withdrew after he was criticized for his flimsy political record.
I don't particularly care if my Surgeon General has a flimsy political record ... it's not a particularly political position. He's a doctor - not a congressman/president/senator/mayor, etc ...
- Obama's doom-and-gloom comments and budget bill push the Dow below 7,000, from which it's only recently recovered.
Obama didn't pull a handle that made the Dow go down to 7,000 ... it went down more points before he took office.
- Not adopting a dog from a shelter.
For F's sake ... I really can't believe something like this can be called a mistake. The Obama's had to get a hypoallergenic dog, thanks to their daugther's allergies, and Portuguese water dogs aren't traditonally found in shelters ... instead, they took one off the hands of a family that wanted to give their dog away anyway.
I'm surprised they didn't pick out one of the mistake's I've made in the past 100 days and blame it on Obama ...
"One Illinois resident didn't attend church last weekend."
"A 25 year-old suburbanite nearly cut a driver off on the Eisenhower Expressway on March 10th."
"A writer in the Chicago area misspelled 'Saugus,' Massachusetts in a subhead for an article he wrote."