texan

Memorial Day Food Plans

Sat May 23, 2009 8:17 pm

So what are people planning to cook for Memorial Day weekend? For lunch, a friend and I are planning a picnic with potato salad, mac & cheese, mixed greens salad, and maybe some grilled monchong with a corn salsa. For dinner I'm making an inside-out three-cheese bison burger with fontina, gruyere, and extra sharp Canadian white cheddar smothered between two patties of bison. And some Shiner Bock beer, of course!

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Superfly

RE: Memorial Day Food Plans

Sun May 24, 2009 12:21 am

Quoting Texan (Thread starter):
For lunch, a friend and I are planning a picnic with potato salad, mac & cheese, mixed greens salad, and maybe some grilled monchong with a corn salsa. For dinner I'm making an inside-out three-cheese bison burger with fontina, gruyere, and extra sharp Canadian white cheddar smothered between two patties of bison. And some Shiner Bock beer, of course!

Yummy!
Sounds delicious!  yes 

I'll be pigging out on lots of Caribbean and Latin American dishes. We celebrate Carnival Memorial Day weekend here in San Francisco.
The real Carnival falls during our rainy season so it's put off till spring.
I'll be eating lots of plantains, skirt steak, tacos, papusas, spicy salsa, mojitos, rum & cokes and cervezas all weekend.
Bring back the Concorde