Silver1SWA
Crew
Topic Author

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me

Wed May 27, 2009 4:21 am

Hello Non-AVers,

So long story short, apparently in my ridiculous schedule of work, school etc. I have slipped and somehow managed to make my girlfriend of two years very unhappy to the point she needed to end things. Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again. What the heck does that mean? Am I supposed to just sit around and wait for a day that may never come? Hell no...but why not just end it completely instead of leaving a form of hope?  cry 

Anyway, just needed to vent...reach out etc...

Pretty effin bummed right now...Feel free to cheer me up!
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

stasisLAX

RE: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me

Wed May 27, 2009 4:44 am

Sometime people need your time to feel valued - because your time is valuable. Personally, you've been working a lot of hours and going to school to improve yourself, so I think the ex-GF needs to recognize that.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

san747

Wed May 27, 2009 7:12 am

I'm real sorry to hear that, Ryan! Shit happens... I'd suggest a nice day of spotting at SAN or LAX! That's what I did when I broke up with my last ex when I was in BOS... it helped me emotionally, settled me down, and I got some great shots too!  Smile

Quoting Silver1SWA (Thread starter):
What the heck does that mean? Am I supposed to just sit around and wait for a day that may never come? Hell no...but why not just end it completely instead of leaving a form of hope? cry

Best case scenario, she wanted to let you down easy. Worst case scenario, she's trying to fuck with you and make you feel like shit. Either way, don't let it get to you...
Scotty doesn't know...

sudden

Wed May 27, 2009 7:17 am

Am I supposed to just sit around and wait for a day that may never come?

Tough shit! Get over it already!

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

Fly2HMO

Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 am

Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again.

That's BS. She's just not woman enough to tell you straight up its over. DO NOT make the mistake of hoping things will work out again because 99.99999% of the time they wont.

Just be the better person, walk away, don't show that it hurt you. I know that sounds impossible to do, but I've been there, done that, it takes a lot of self control but its doable.

Quoting San747 (Reply 2):
Worst case scenario, she's trying to fuck with you and make you feel like shit.

Hehe definitely not. OTOH what my ex did to me... now THAT will fuck you up  crazy 

gocaps16

Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 am

Hey Ryan,

Sorry about the news. Just stick to your pri's. School and work. I can understand your busy schedule, especially working with the airlines. It can be tough working full-time and going to school. I do it, so I know how it feels. Your girlfriend seems to not understand, so maybe it is best to cut her loose. If she really loves ya and wants to be with you, she will wait. Things are like that in the Navy with myself, my girlfriend, she's Japanese, understands that making money and a proper education is always number one, and of course, I do have plenty of time to chill with her. Keep your head high, do what you do best. I know a lot of guys quitting school/job to be with their girl. In that case, with today's economy, it is not worth it. Of course, there are plenty of fish in the seas, you just have to find them.

Take care, buddy.

HAWK21M

Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 am

I have slipped

Depends on your slip......
But the reason by your GF seems to convey that things are over......but not conveyed directly.
Best to get busy with Friends...Time will heal.

As long as you were faithfull & time was not available due important things on hand,it should be understood......Guess time will tell.

But don't wait on.....Keep moving.If your GF realises great,else great too.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

connies4ever

Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am

Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again.

Best case scenario, she wanted to let you down easy. Worst case scenario, she's trying to fuck with you and make you feel like shit. Either way, don't let it get to you...

Tend to agree with San747. Been there, done that. Move on. If she really wants to get back with you at some point, she'll start campaigning. Life is too short to dwell on the 'might have been'. Live in the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean hop in the sack with the first available skirt, but focus on what is important NOW.

I sometimes think that women regard us as flies and like to pull our wings off. Except when we pick up the tab.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Aaron747

Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 am

Quoting Connies4ever (Reply 7):
That doesn't necessarily mean hop in the sack with the first available skirt

I dunno, in similar situations when I was a little younger, I always took plenty of welcome solace in the arms, legs, whatever of the next available woman - preferably someone who looked in any way similar to whoever just pissed off/confused me.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BritPilot777

Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

Happened to me bout 4 months ago to mate, girlfriend of three years just said it wasn't what she wanted anymore and that was that, not heard from her since.

Head up though, bigger and better things await!
Forever Flight

swiftski

Wed May 27, 2009 11:15 am

Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again. What the heck does that mean? Am I supposed to just sit around and wait for a day that may never come?

No - get on with things, and if you end up back together, all the better. I've had the same happen a few times. If you wait, it won't happen.

Hell no...but why not just end it completely instead of leaving a form of hope?

They tend to do this to let us down lightly.

dragon6172

Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am

Does she have a good looking friend or sister?

Seriously though... just keep on trucking. Work and educations is very important. If she can not see that you are trying to better yourself so that you can be a better provider for a family, then it is her loss. I would make a timeline for yourself. Allow a week for mourning and trying to get her back (if that is what you want.) Once that is up... move on and do not look back at all.
Phrogs Phorever

SOBHI51

Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm

So? She is not the only fish in the water. Go enjoy yourself. Find solace in the arms of another girl. I am sure one day you will look back at this episode and wonder why all this sadness was all about. Go find a nicer, more understanding and prettier one.
Good luck.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

GQfluffy

Wed May 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 10):
No - get on with things, and if you end up back together, all the better.

checkmark  And when you do get on with life, you can guarantee she'll be back. The question is do you want her back at that point? The answer to that may be surprising.
This isn't where I parked my car...

dxing

Wed May 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Vegas baby!  bigthumbsup 
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

fxramper

Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Your problem is your work for an airline.  rotfl 

Plenty of fish in the sea; focus on school and work.

You've been a hostage for 2 years, enjoy the freedom.  cheerful 

Boeing74741R

Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 4):
That's BS. She's just not woman enough to tell you straight up its over. DO NOT make the mistake of hoping things will work out again because 99.99999% of the time they wont.

Same thing happened to my friend last year. Spent a few days apart, got back together, but was over for good a few days later after 3+ years.

Silver1SWA, don't let her mess you around. I think it's clear she wants to end it but doesn't know how to do it, so if she keeps things in suspense, just go for broke and blink first and make your own statement, then move on.

That said, I'm sorry to hear about it, but rest assured there are plenty of fish in the sea, and don't let this chapter put you off your work pattern or anything else.

Chin up!  Smile

HAWK21M

Wed May 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Where are the Faithfull people gone?
 wink 
regds
MEL.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

RicciPettit

Wed May 27, 2009 3:52 pm

A few months ago my girlfriend of three and a bit years ended things with me. At the time I was devastated because all I ever did was make time for her and do all I could to make her happy. Then one day she decided to just end it just like that, simply said she was bored.

But... now I'm so happy that those events transpired because it has made me realise just how horrible she was to me. Friends and family used to tell me, but I failed to see it, I was blinded. She never did anything for herself, she used me for allsorts and was just basically spoilt. She was horrible to me and I failed to see it until after we split. For example, when I took out a credit card she didn't speak to me for a day claiming I made a terrible mistake, she now has two credit cards maxed out. She also blew her lid when I bought my second car and traded in my first one, she now has done the same thing. I live 300 miles from any of my family and is quite a journey to go see them, so only get to see them once every two months or so, whereas she lives with her family. On our last visit down we went because my mother had been hospitalised, I delayed our return drive home by 30 MINUTES so I could visit my grandfather, she blew her fucking lid! Saying she just wanted to get home because she was homesick, we had only been on a quick visit for 2 days!

Worse thing was that she said basically she doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore and wants to enjoy the single life for a while but then two weeks afterwards was with someone else. Who she claims to have met just after we split.

(RANT OVER!)

Keep your head up high, because the whole breakup opened my eyes to a LOT of things, and lead me to meet Rachel, my new girlfriend, who makes me so much happier than the old one ever did and makes me realise all the things I was missing out on in the other relationship.

-----------

As a side note I've had a right chuckle recently, my ex recently put up pictures of her and her new boyfriend on Facebook. A large number of her "friends" have commented on them saying how she has downgraded so much and the new fellow looks like a fucking tortoise haha!!

So that made me feel a lot better.
Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either!

TylerDurden

Wed May 27, 2009 4:12 pm

And it never will.

Screw her best friend (if she's hot).
Tell everybody.
Then move on.

WESTERN737800

Wed May 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Quoting TylerDurden (Reply 19):
Tell everybody.
Then move on.

If her best friend is not hot, hopefully she has a hot sister. Smile
Bring back Western Airlines!

ajd1992

Wed May 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 3):
Tough shit! Get over it already!

Aim for the sky!
Sudden

Come on, that's a little harsh. I see you've never been broke up with by a girl, because that's about as hurtful thing you can say.

I have no advice, I know it sucks. Just don't try and drink it away, it only makes it worse.

Aaron747

Wed May 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 21):
Just don't try and drink it away, it only makes it worse.

Not if it's in a building full of hot, available women.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

NIKV69

Wed May 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 14):
Vegas baby!

So sorry to hear Ryan. Don't worry girls are like taxi cabs. You miss one, there is one coming along in a few mins. In the meantime Vegas is good advice. Plenty of women looking to do bad things with guys they don't know. In the meantime you get that lens worked out? You looked just as bummed about that than your gf!  biggrin 
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

DocLightning

Wed May 27, 2009 8:06 pm

This is when you pick up, move on, and start playing the field again.

She is not the one. Find another one.

Women are like planes. If this one isn't gonna take you where you want to go, then check out the next one; it'll be departing in 20 minutes.  Wink
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

san747

Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 24):

Women are like planes.

Plus they come in all different liveries, and of course, some are widebodies and some are narrowbodies! Big grin
Scotty doesn't know...

NIKV69

Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 24):
Women are like planes. If this one isn't gonna take you where you want to go, then check out the next one; it'll be departing in 20 minutes.

Wait Ryan works for WN he doesn't need women being turned around as fast as them!  crazy 

Quoting San747 (Reply 25):
Plus they come in all different liveries, and of course, some are widebodies and some are narrowbodies!

Good lord!

Superfly

Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Anyway, just needed to vent...reach out etc...

Pretty effin bummed right now...Feel free to cheer me up!

Don't dwell on her.
Look at the bright side. Your next girlfriend will be younger and hotter!  bigthumbsup 
Bring back the Concorde

cba

Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again. What the heck does that mean? Am I supposed to just sit around and wait for a day that may never come?

Don't try to discuss it or talk her out of it. Don't call, text, email, instant message or communicate with her in any way no matter how much you want to. Forget about her, act like you have moved on (even if you haven't). Focus on the other things in life that you enjoy. This way you are in the drivers seat. If she wants you back, wait for her to swallow her pride and crawl back... and even then don't instantly say yes, say you'll think about it and make her wait a bit.

Sounds harsh, but it's realistic and it works. If she doesn't come back, her loss, there are better women out there.

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 13):
And when you do get on with life, you can guarantee she'll be back. The question is do you want her back at that point? The answer to that may be surprising.

checkmark 

aerorobnz

Wed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Go on a holiday without her to either her favourite destination or the place she most wanted to visit next....
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

PC12Fan

Wed May 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Quoting Fxramper (Reply 15):
Plenty of fish in the sea

Yea, but it sounds like she was the one he wanted to mount over his fire place.  mischievous 
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

Springbok747

Wed May 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Hire a hooker..problem solved  duck 

Seriously though..don't dwell on her too much...go out and enjoy being single for a while. There are plenty of girls out there..you just have to find the right one. And don't try to drown your sorrows in alcohol..it makes things worse.
אני תומך בישראל

GuitrThree

Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again. What the heck does that mean?

Translation?

"Let me see if it works out with my new guy I've already got the hots for. If it doesn't, I'll come back."

Dump her and don't look back.

Harsh. But true.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

texan

Thu May 28, 2009 12:08 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 32):

Says we need space and time apart in order for any chance of it continuing and she emphasized IF it becomes something she wants again. What the heck does that mean?

Translation?

"Let me see if it works out with my new guy I've already got the hots for. If it doesn't, I'll come back."

checkmark 

Sounds about right.

Sorry to hear, but what you might find out, and sooner rather than later, is that her breaking up with you is the nicest thing she ever did for you. Seriously, after examining one of my relationships, it really turned out that her going her own way and letting me go mine was the best thing she ever did for me.

In the meantime, try listening to some music. "Already Gone" by The Eagles, "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" by Journey, "She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd, "I Want to Break Free" by Queen, "I Need a Lover (Who Won't Drive Me Crazy)" by John Mellencamp, "What I Wouldn't Give for Your Love" by Kevin Fowler (LOVE this song, makes me feel real good!), "Barbie Doll" by Jack Ingram, and "The Weather Is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful" by Jimmy Buffett, for starters  Wink

Good luck!

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

DocLightning

Thu May 28, 2009 12:08 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 26):

Wait Ryan works for WN he doesn't need women being turned around as fast as them! crazy

Cue FlyDeltaJets87 and his list of reasons why planes are better than women....
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

steeler83

Thu May 28, 2009 12:13 am

Quoting Gocaps16 (Reply 5):
It can be tough working full-time and going to school. I do it, so I know how it feels. Your girlfriend seems to not understand, so maybe it is best to cut her loose.

Same here, Silver1SWA. I work 40 hours and go to school, and it is no picnic. At least my fiancee understands that, and that's why she is my fiancee. She knows that I am trying to altimately build a life for myself as well as to help build one around her.

If your girlfriend of 2 years could not understand that, well it's her loss. I had someone who was like that back in high school, but I have beyond exhausted that story.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

GQfluffy

Thu May 28, 2009 1:09 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 34):

Cue FlyDeltaJets87 and his list of reasons why planes are better than women....

Now that's some kinda funny right there...
This isn't where I parked my car...

Superfly

Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 am

Quoting PC12Fan (Reply 30):
Yea, but it sounds like she was the one he wanted to mount over his fire place.

For a second I thought you were about to say "face" instead. of "fire place".  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

Okie

Thu May 28, 2009 1:30 am

Grandpa Okie always said, "The best way to get over a woman is to get over another woman"

Okie

EA772LR

Thu May 28, 2009 1:47 am

Sorry to hear that man.

In the words of good ole Frank Sinatra “The best revenge is massive success.” so keep working hard and keep your chin up  highfive 
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

Alias1024

Thu May 28, 2009 2:16 am

Buy her a snow globe. That's sure to win her back!

signed,

FLAIRPORT

(I'm sorry, 39 replies and nobody had said it. It was just laying there and all of you missed it. What's up with that?)

Seriously, take a week or two as time for yourself. Do a couple of things you've always wanted to do but never found the time for. Then go enjoy the variety of women that the single life allows!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

mirrodie

Thu May 28, 2009 2:24 am

Someone already translated this accurately. So yep, cut all ties.

I have slipped and somehow managed to make my girlfriend of two years very unhappy to the point she needed to end things

Ok, how did YOU make her unhappy? Happiness is a self directed emotion. When someone needs to rely on you for their happiness, you are enabling them. Hate to say it but she uses people to keep herself happy. YOu dont need that luggage.

Quoting TylerDurden (Reply 19):
Tell everybody.
Then move on.

Been there, but don't tell everyone. Just have fun and keep it mum. She'll find out at some point, get jealous, may throw herself to you again and you can have the satisfaction of final say but not before one final romp goodbye.

Quoting Texan (Reply 33):
In the meantime, try listening to some music.

Also, B.B. Kings "the Thrill is Gone"

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 35):
I work 40 hours and go to school, and it is no picnic. At least my fiancee understands that, and that's why she is my fiancee.

Bingo. Listen to Steeler, his gal is a trooper who gives a damn. Obvious work and your education are important to your sustaining a good future. So continue at that. Before you know it the besl gal will drop in your lap.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

comorin

Thu May 28, 2009 2:54 am

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 41):
Also, B.B. Kings "the Thrill is Gone"

BB also sang: 'Nobody loves you but your Mother, and she could be jivin' too'  Smile

So here's the routine:

1. 2 weeks of moping - you've earned the right, nothing like a good mope!
2. Now engage Mr. Brain - this was probably not the right situation for you.
3. Try again - perhaps your intense schedule makes a girl feel taken for granted?

Regardless, my sympathies for what you are going through. I've tried all the cures listed here but I find a change of scene really works wonders, so take a nice long trip somewhere.

All the best!

steeler83

Thu May 28, 2009 3:08 am

Bingo. Listen to Steeler,

aww shucks...  blush 

But seriously, this isn't the worst thing that could happen to you. As most of us on here have said, it's happened to us, sometimes more than once.

To add to Mirrodie's quote from above:

So continue at that. Before you know it the besl gal will drop in your lap.

That is almost literally how I met my fiancee...

I met my current lady/fiancee within months of ending it with the girl from high school. It was before college started, and I wasn't exactly ready to date at the time. After some time and getting to know her better, our friendship blossomed into a relationship and the rest is history.

So hang in there, pal. This will come to pass. This girl isn't worth it. Someone better will come along surely and soon enough for ya.  yes 
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

WestJetForLife

Thu May 28, 2009 5:01 am

NO! Bad idea! Danger, Will Robinson (or in your case, Ryan).

I have had my share of breakups and makeups...and I'm only 19. Let love come to you when it wants to, not when you want it. Don't rush things, make life as easy as possible and just enjoy it until you die.

Cheers and fears,
Nik
I need a drink.

Silver1SWA
Crew
Topic Author

Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 am

Thank you very much to everyone who has taken the time to offer some support and some advice! It really has helped me a lot, and many of you have put a smile on my face. We have all been through similar situations, I know...heck, this isn't my first breakup...although it was my longest and most serious relationship. It's really quite powerful to be able to post something publically and get such a response from people I don't even know. Thank you, thank you.

Now let's see if I can address a few things.

I'd suggest a nice day of spotting at SAN or LAX!

Unfortunately it's the worst time of year for spotting in Southern California. UGH...lol

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 11):
Does she have a good looking friend or sister?

Both!

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 11):
If she can not see that you are trying to better yourself so that you can be a better provider for a family, then it is her loss.

She always struggled with understanding I have priorities. I layed it out there from the very start that it would be very difficult on both of us but she was all for giving it a shot.

Quoting DXing (Reply 14):
Vegas baby!

Unfortunately for me, Vegas is somewhere I go often and it's somewhere she and I visited together a lot. In fact, we had a couple trips planned there this summer. Probably not the best place for me...  Sad

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 23):
So sorry to hear Ryan. Don't worry girls are like taxi cabs. You miss one, there is one coming along in a few mins. In the meantime Vegas is good advice. Plenty of women looking to do bad things with guys they don't know. In the meantime you get that lens worked out? You looked just as bummed about that than your gf!

Thanks Nick. BTW, the lens? Ehhh...well lets just say that's for a different forum. lol

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 26):
Wait Ryan works for WN he doesn't need women being turned around as fast as them!

rotfl 

Quoting Cba (Reply 28):
Don't try to discuss it or talk her out of it. Don't call, text, email, instant message or communicate with her in any way no matter how much you want to. Forget about her, act like you have moved on (even if you haven't). Focus on the other things in life that you enjoy. This way you are in the drivers seat. If she wants you back, wait for her to swallow her pride and crawl back... and even then don't instantly say yes, say you'll think about it and make her wait a bit.

Sounds harsh, but it's realistic and it works. If she doesn't come back, her loss, there are better women out there.

Actually, the more I think about it the more angry I become. That actually wont be too hard for me now...I don't have any desire to comminicate with her at all at this point. I did, but now I'm growing more angry than anything.

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 32):
Translation?

I can see how that makes perfect sense. However, I have a very hard time believing that scenario applies here just because of how commited to the relationship she was. She had me signed up for a long time...signed up as the one she would settle down with. Almost to the point she was obsessive. Of course that kind of scared me...felt it backed me into a corner as I'm not quite at that point yet. Once school is done, yeah I'll probably be ready...but right now I'm not there. But I guess she just can't handle it not taking that next step after two years...guess I'm not worth waiting for.

I, as well as everyone else that knows us and has observed our relationship, never thought in a million years SHE would be the one to end things. She was that into it. And I guess looking back, I didn't express myself in the same way. I messed up. I know I did...we both did. I guess perhaps I got too comfortable. I didn't think I could lose her if I tried and well, maybe I got complacent and it bit me in the ass. I'm not saying I was a total asshole or anything, but I could have tried harder to show how important she was to me. But then again...she could have been more understanding of my priorities instead of needing her to be my only priority.

Ok, how did YOU make her unhappy?

Perhaps a better way to phrase it...it's that I failed to make her happy I guess. I see what you are saying though.

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 43):
But seriously, this isn't the worst thing that could happen to you. As most of us on here have said, it's happened to us, sometimes more than once.

Definitely. Like I said it's not my first either...but it's still hard.  Sad

Thanks again to everyone.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

UN_B732

Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 pm

My friend, the ship seems to have sunk.

It's time to hit a partyy and forget that girl ever existed.

-a
What now?

aero145

Sun May 31, 2009 10:45 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 17):
Where are the Faithfull people gone?

Is HAWK21M sick or something? He used a questionmark!!! That’s something he is not supposed to do!

IADCA

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 am

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 45):
Actually, the more I think about it the more angry I become. That actually wont be too hard for me now...I don't have any desire to comminicate with her at all at this point. I did, but now I'm growing more angry than anything.

Then you're actually dealing with it pretty well. It means you're progressing along the continuum of acceptance. Soon enough, you'll only think of her occasionally and it'll only be a mild annoyance.

I know it sounds cynical and fatalistic, but I think modern society has greatly damaged our ability to maintain long term relationships. The constant overstimulation provided by e-culture, the short attention spans that result, and the constant need for instant gratification mean people expect constant entertainment out of relationships; there's no such thing as just sitting back and enjoying each others' company, or really even taking the time to get to know one another. Also, the ready accessibility of all sorts of new information and cultural inputs means people change more over the course of their lives, personality-wise, than ever before. The natural result is more couples growing apart. I've had this basic thing happen to me in two multi-year relationships, and I'm only 24. It's not really anything personal; sometimes you'll be the dumper, and sometimes the dumpee, but it's kinda a rough ride. Once you recognize that, it's a lot more fun.

In the short term, have a brewski, listen to your favorite song a few times, and then if that doesn't work, do it a few more times until it does.

NIKV69

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:52 am

Thanks Nick. BTW, the lens? Ehhh...well lets just say that's for a different forum. lol

True, going to shoot you an email, just bought some new glass to replace my 400mm zoom.

Unfortunately for me, Vegas is somewhere I go often and it's somewhere she and I visited together a lot. In fact, we had a couple trips planned there this summer. Probably not the best place for me...

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 23):

Hmmm, I agree though for a single guy there is no better city!