eatmybologna

Simple Firefox Question :)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:44 pm

If you don't mind, can anyone tell me how to delete the history of my websites visited? I use Firefox 3.0.10. The history drop down list that I'm writing about is accessed by clicking on the down arrow to the far right of the IP address field window. I can't seem to clear this list and would appreciate advise on how to accomplish this.

Thank you in advance  Smile
Eat
Isn't knowledge more than just the acquisition of information? Shouldn't the acquired information be correct?

davehammer

RE: Simple Firefox Question :)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Under the tools menu there should be a 'Clear Private Data' question. Ctrl + Shift + Del.

N867DA

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Hit ctrl+shift+del and you should get a menu that asks what you would like to delete. You can get the same menu through Tools and then Clear Private Data.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

eatmybologna

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 pm

I tired your advise, unfortunately, the list accessed from the IP window 'down arrow' remains. The websites are listed and books with bookmark's show on the right end as icons.
Isn't knowledge more than just the acquisition of information? Shouldn't the acquired information be correct?

itsjustme

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Quoting Eatmybologna (Thread starter):
can anyone tell me how to delete the history of my websites visited?

This is a glitch in FF 3.0.* that, to my knowledge has not been patched yet. Hopefully, FF 3.1 will work correctly. Simply using the "Clear Private Data" option will not clear your search history from your URL bar (aka "awesome bar"). Unfortunately, the only process I have found that works is to clear each entry manually. The way to do this is highlight the entry by placing your mouse over it and while holding the Shift key, press Delete. Be aware though, that in FF 3.0, the URL bar draws from your stored bookmarks so if you don't want to see a particular URL when you start typing an address, you will have to delete the bookmark as well. An example of this is, even after using shift+delete to delete the URL entry for http://www.airliners.net/, if you have that site stored in your bookmarks, if you type "airliner" in your URL bar, FF will suggest the airliners website as an option.

casinterest

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Make sure you clear the history when doing the above.Click on all of the checkboxes.

Then close and reopen firefox.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

mham001

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Click on the offending link, it will start to load, then the address will show up in the address window. Right click and delete. Its now gone.

austinairport

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 am

You could try using CCleaner
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
I think that will clear up your Firefox History and I think its supposed to clean up your "Run" box history, If all else fails, go To
Tools -> Options -> Privacy(tab) -> And uncheck the box next to save history for "blahblahblah days"
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

itsjustme

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Quoting Eatmybologna (Thread starter):
Simple Firefox Question  Smile

So? Did any of the suggestions work for you? If so, let us know in case someone else is having a like problem.