sunshine79

Laptop Problem Connecting To Internet

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

I've loaded up Google Chrome recently, and although I find it great, for some reason over the past couple of days I cannot get connected to a.net or myaviation.net in the evening. All other sites are fine, apart from the odd one or two, but reloading the page helps, apart from the named two. I've tried using Firefox and IE and I get the same problem on these two sites, all other sites are fine. This is the message I get when trying to load up the site:

This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
More information on this error

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

HT

RE: Laptop Problem Connecting To Internet

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:07 pm

If the problem persists with several browsers, it might be the case that the (Windows ?) Firewall inadvertendly is blocking access to these sites.
Try to deactivate Firewall for a moment and check if you can access the mentioned websites. (Keeping Firewall deactivated for ever is not recommended, though).
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Klaus

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:18 pm

It could also be a name server problem or invalid name service caches. You should probably check your name server settings in the computer and the router..

regupilot

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Right when those problems start happening check if you can connect to those sites by using a proxy, like hidemyass.com. If sites work without problem, then it's probably a Name Server problem or similar, like Klaus mentioned.