YVRLTN
Topic Author

Hybrid Parking Spots...?!

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:19 am

First there were prime parking spots for disabled drivers - fair enough.

Then there were prime parking spots for parents & kids - fair enough.

At the Ikea in Richmond BC I note there are now prime parking spots for hybrid vehicles...

WTF next????? I would have thought make their spaces furthest from the entrance to the parking lot as they will use the least gas to get over there...
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

PC12Fan

RE: Hybrid Parking Spots...?!

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:22 am

OK, I'm a proud Prius owner, but that is ridiculous.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

bohica

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:36 am

That is almost as bad as the "Employee of the month" parking spot next to the handicapped spaces in front of a Lowes in Virginia Beach. The employee gets to park closer to the entrance than the customers.

Zentraedi

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:52 am

Sounds pretty stupid.

I could understand though, if this were some sort of promotion by the car manufacturers/dealerships which paid for the special prime locations.

andz

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:53 am

Sounds like a ploy to get lazy fat people into hybrids.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

KSYR

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:12 am

If I saw one of those parking spots while driving I would happily park my gas-guzzling Chevy Tahoe there for a few hours. Pretty bushleague if you ask me.

ACDC8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 5):
If I saw one of those parking spots while driving I would happily park my gas-guzzling Chevy Tahoe there for a few hours. Pretty bushleague if you ask me

And I'd happily see you towed  Wink

A few malls here have them around now as well as stalls for smart cars. Personally I could care less about them. If a business wants to build up a green image for their customers, so be it. I usually park farther away from the entrance so I at least get a bit of excercise in my day so it doesn't phase me in the least.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

aznmadsci

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Slightly off topic, but does a Toyota 4Runner classify as a "compact car"? Some places annoyingly have "compact" car spaces which makes me think that the people who put the lines didn't quite measure the space correctly. It's freaking ridiculous when a freaking suburban or those big  butthead  diesel trucks actually thinks they can park in that space. Though one time mall security put a boot on one of those big  butthead  trucks. However a friend of mine argued his 4Runner can park in the same space and I told him he couldn't and showed him that his  butthead  was a foot beyond the space.  bomb 
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

Phoenix9

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Quoting YVRLTN (Thread starter):
now prime parking spots for hybrid vehicles...

I know another spot where they can park their hybrids...it'll keep the car very close by too  butthead  !

Like other things on the Green-Bandwagon...this is getting really ridiculous. What if I decide to buy a "hybrid" SUV? Can I still park in that spot?  banghead 
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

Fly2HMO

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 pm

What a load of BS. It's nothing but moneymaking propaganda.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 6):
If a business wants to build up a green image for their customers, so be it.

I disagree. This whole "Green" movement is utter BS and highly hypocritical. It's more about the money than anything else. Because being "Green" is being "trendy" and "trendy" sells a lot because it's "cool".

I'd like to know how these hybrid parking spots are contributing to saving the amazon forest  Yeah sure

lincoln

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Quoting AznMadSci (Reply 7):
Some places annoyingly have "compact" car spaces which makes me think that the people who put the lines didn't quite measure the space correctly

In California (IIRC) the prevalance of "Compact" spaces has to do with the way the laws/building codes worked out thanks to some wonderfully intelligent politicians.

For each building you're required to have a certain number of parking spaces, I beleive it's based on square footage and type of use. Makes sense, right? But, you see, parking spaces don't really make any money. So the lobbiests for the developers convinced the politicians to allow for "compact" spaces also feeding the "Green" image that goes into vogue every 15 years or so (because if you have a space only a compact/fuel efficient car can fit in, of course, only fuel-efficient cars will park there, right?) The one upside is only a certain % of the spaces can be designated as "compact", the rest have to be full size.

A local (Cleveland) parking garage has a "spaces" at the end of each row on each level marked "Small Car Only". I think a SMART Car would just barely not fit-- anything else is a joke... yet idiots still park there.
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

ACDC8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 9):
I disagree. This whole "Green" movement is utter BS and highly hypocritical. It's more about the money than anything else. Because being "Green" is being "trendy" and "trendy" sells a lot because it's "cool".

I'd like to know how these hybrid parking spots are contributing to saving the amazon forest

I didn't say the green movement wasn't BS, I said if the business wants to build that kind of image, power to them. They pay for the property and can do what they please with it. Amazing how uptight (not you personally, so don't take it that way   ) get about stuff like this. Whats the big deal, honestly? I think people have way to much time on their hands if this starts to irritate them.

Personally, what irritates me more the people who think they're special and have to park their Ford Expedition or whatever in a spot that has been clearly marked for a hybrid or other vehicle just to prove a point that they are nothing more than a dick.

Bottom line is, you can drive what ever you want and park where ever you want as far as I am concerned. But a business has the right to allocate parking spots where ever and for what ever reason they please, if we agree or disagree doesn't matter. But if there is a spot reserved for a small car, hybrid, Smart, parents with kids or handicapped and you park there just to prove a point. The only point you're proving is that you're a selfish asshole that thinks the business should revolve around you. If you don't like how they allocate parking stalls, shop elsewhere.

If hybrid cars contribute to saving the rainforest or climate or whatever is a discussion with endless opinions. I agree, its more or less just a PR gimmick, but its also the businesses right to use it if they feel it'll benifit them.

[Edited 2009-06-07 15:21:59]

Superfly

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:58 pm

Hybrid owners need to be constantly reminded that they are 'special'.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

ACDC8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 12):

Hybrid owners need to be constantly reminded that they are 'special'.

And SUV and pick-truck drivers seem to think that they constantly need to remind us that they think they're 'special'  Wink

AirframeAS

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:02 pm

At the Ikea in Richmond BC I note there are now prime parking spots for hybrid vehicles...

Someone at IKEA just won the Darwin of the Month Award. WTF?! This is just lame!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

Superfly

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 13):
And SUV and pick-truck drivers seem to think that they constantly need to remind us that they think they're 'special'

Prius & H2 are equally obnoxious.
Bring back the Concorde

ACDC8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 15):
Prius & H2 are equally obnoxious.

So are a lot of cars, but jacked up F350s with the 10" pipes who feel they need to floor it everytime they step on the throttle spewing out a volcanic ash cloud of black soot just so they can get to the mall and park sideways across 2 handicapped spots have serious issues  Wink

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 14):

Someone at IKEA just won the Darwin of the Month Award. WTF?! This is just lame!

Lots of businesses have them, also for Smart cars and other types of vehicles. The other IKEA in the Lower Mainland also has spots reserved for a car sharing program.

Superfly

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 16):
So are a lot of cars, but jacked up F350s with the 10" pipes who feel they need to floor it everytime they step on the throttle spewing out a volcanic ash cloud of black soot just so they can get to the mall and park sideways across 2 handicapped spots have serious issues

I am sure they have lots of fun with their trucks in places you can't drive.  Smile
Even though I don't like aftermarket modifications I can respect those guys with the jacked up F350s. At least they take them off road and go places ordinary cars can't.
The H2 is stupid and so the Prius.
Bring back the Concorde

ACDC8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 17):
I am sure they have lots of fun with their trucks in places you can't drive.
Even though I don't like aftermarket modifications I can respect those guys with the jacked up F350s. At least they take them off road and go places ordinary cars can't.
The H2 is stupid and so the Prius.

You wanna jack up your truck and go off road, power to you! I have no problem with that. But I do have a problem when they ...

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 16):
who feel they need to floor it everytime they step on the throttle spewing out a volcanic ash cloud of black soot just so they can get to the mall and park sideways across 2 handicapped spots have serious issues

... and you don't need a 10" inch exhaust thats louder than most Harleys to go off road.

And FYI, my Golf can drive where those trucks drive, only part is I usually don't get very far ... Big grin

photopilot

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Quoting Bohica (Reply 2):
That is almost as bad as the "Employee of the month" parking spot

Actually, one company that I worked for (6.000 employees) held a yearly CHARITY RAFFLE and one of the prime prizes was a parking spot right at the door. Even closer than the CEO.
That one single parking spot raised over $50,000 in ticket sales each and EVERY year.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 11):
But a business has the right to allocate parking spots where ever and for what ever reason they please, if we agree or disagree doesn't matter.

So, if I have a business a put up a sign saying "Whites Only" that would be acceptable to you.

Superfly

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 18):
You wanna jack up your truck and go off road, power to you! I

That's not my thing. I am more of a luxury sedan kind of guy.
Notice how I left off the 10" pipes in my post.
I hate those as much as fart pipes on a Honda/Acura,
Bring back the Concorde

DfwRevolution

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 am

Quoting KSYR (Reply 5):
If I saw one of those parking spots while driving I would happily park my gas-guzzling Chevy Tahoe there for a few hours. Pretty bushleague if you ask me.

I would just take my business elsewhere.

ACDC8

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 am

Quoting Photopilot (Reply 19):
So, if I have a business a put up a sign saying "Whites Only" that would be acceptable to you.

What does racial discrimination have to do with a business trying to market itself of as an environmentally friendly/green establishment? Try to come up with a more serious comparison, then we'll talk.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 20):
That's not my thing. I am more of a luxury sedan kind of guy.

You have a very interesting taste in vehicles, there's not question about that. You've got class, I'll give you that Big grin

Quoting Superfly (Reply 20):
I hate those as much as fart pipes on a Honda/Acura,

You mean those coffee grinders, ugh!

richm

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:13 am

I guess they're just trying to promote the whole concept of going "green". + Try and enhance their own image at the same time. But then again, are they really achieving that?

I'm pretty easy I guess, things like this don't bother me. But I can imagine that it would upset quite a few people, the comments in this topic are just an example of that. :P

For this to work though, I guess they will have to enforce some rather strict parking regulations. If people abuse parking bays intended for disabled people, then I'm sure they won't think twice about parking in a bay intended for people who drive a hybrid car!

Superfly

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:23 am

Quoting RichM (Reply 23):
I guess they're just trying to promote the whole concept of going "green". + Try and enhance their own image at the same time. But then again, are they really achieving that?

How about a sign that reads "Only For Cars 15 years or Older".
The "greenest" thing to do is keep an old car running.
Your not wasting rew materials from the earth to build a new one and you are sparing a car from rotting in a landfill.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 22):
You have a very interesting taste in vehicles, there's not question about that. You've got class, I'll give you that Big grin

Takes a bow. Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

57AZ

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 am

Special parking spaces are nothing compared to what some governments are doing regarding fees for registration or parking of vehicles. One district in London, England bases the semi-annual fee for parking vehicles on the amount of emissions that the vehicle puts out. Electric vehicle/hybrid owners pay nothing for their parking permits. Owners of smaller, newer or more fuel efficient vehicles pay less than owners of larger, older or less efficient vehicles . SUV owners pay the maximum for their parking permits.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

dragon6172

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 pm

How about parking spots for car-poolers? Is that not being green?

I wonder if they sell "HYBRID" stickers. I would buy one and place it on my Bronco, it is part SUV, part truck. That makes it a hybrid vehicle right?
Phrogs Phorever

A332

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Not really sure why people get so bitter about assigned parking spaces that are close to the entrances... are we all that lazy that we actually care where other people get to park?

C'mon... just park wherever and walk in... who cares how close it is... a few more footsteps isn't going to do anyone any harm.

Well, they are the 'upper crust' after all... top of the food chain looking down at all of us driving everywhere in our cars, doing nothing for the environment.

Oh wait... neither are they... when you think about it.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 13):
And SUV and pick-truck drivers seem to think that they constantly need to remind us that they think they're 'special'

We are special. We can run you off the road. We can do whatever we want, regardless of how wreckless it is... so just get out of our way already!
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

sw733

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Quoting AznMadSci (Reply 7):
Some places annoyingly have "compact" car spaces which makes me think that the people who put the lines didn't quite measure the space correctly

Not always. Many places that have parking garages have them because space is at a premium, mostly city centres. They have a specific plot of land on which to build, and that is all. They try to cram as many spots in as they can, so that they can advertise and sell such a number of spots. This can result in different size spaces, such as the compact ones.

JakeOrion

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 27):
Not really sure why people get so bitter about assigned parking spaces that are close to the entrances... are we all that lazy that we actually care where other people get to park?

C'mon... just park wherever and walk in... who cares how close it is... a few more footsteps isn't going to do anyone any harm.

I think the key issue here with this argument is why do people with Hybrids get the special treatment then? Its one thing with the disabled and expectant mother's parking, but hybrid drivers?

Come on, even you have to say, "Wait, there is something not right with that."

Personally, I'm one of those that could care less how far away I park. What drives me up the wall is when I can't find parking at all. Having these "hybrid" spots will only exasperate the problem.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

JakeOrion

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 27):

I think the key issue here with this argument is why do people with Hybrids get the special treatment then? Its one thing with the disabled and expectant mother's parking, but hybrid drivers?

Personally, I'm one of those that could care less how far away I park. What drives me up the wall is when I can't find parking at all. Having these "hybrid" spots will only exasperate the problem.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

sw733

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 27):
a few more footsteps isn't going to do anyone any harm.

Tell that to the Atkins diet guy!  duck 

A332

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 29):

The parking lot belongs to Ikea (or whatever respective business) and if it is their desire to designate spaces for those driving hybrids, than so be it.

It would be their right to designate parking spaces based on colors too... say, only blue or yellow cars in the first row... it's their property, they can do what they please.

It's really a waste of energy to get all worked up about something so trivial. I don't like hybrid cars, and I think the implementation of such a designation is absurd, but really... I can simply vote with my wallet.

A few more footsteps never hurt anyone... that's why I park in the first space I see and walk in... while everyone else is hunting down something close to the doors, getting all mad because someone in a hybrid (or handicapped person/new mother/etc) gets to park by the front doors.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

LAXintl

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:54 pm

LAX for several years has had designated hybrid/electrical parking spots at several of its parking structures.
For the most part these have disappeared as hyrbid vehicles have become so common and the few dozen preferential spots always taken.

However many local cities here in Southern California still have ordinances that provide various perks for hybrid cars including free parking at meters, or municipal parking structure. City of Los Angeles however recently on March 1st terminated its 4-year free-meter parking program.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

falstaff

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 6):
And I'd happily see you towed

It might be hard to have a car towed or ticketed if you were in one of those spots. You would have to have some sort of civil violation for the police to get involved, such as parking an a fire lane or in a hanidcapped space.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 22):
What does racial discrimination have to do with a business trying to market itself of as an environmentally friendly/green establishment?

It is being descrimitory to people driving other kinds of cars. Bascially the Hybrid parking sign says to me: Only people with enough money to buy a hybrid are welcome in this spot. There are cars that get better mpg than hybrids so just because you drive a hybrid doesn't mean you are green.

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 26):
I wonder if they sell "HYBRID" stickers. I would buy one and place it on my Bronco, it is part SUV, part truck.

Just go to any car dealer that sells hybrid cars and go to their parts department. Order up any set of emblems you want and stick them on whatever you like. They will be able to order them because they will be needed for wreck repair.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

iflykpdx

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 pm

I could understand special Hybrid spots that have outlets to recharge your car batteries with (not that there are (m)any of those out yet), but sticking a "Hybrids Only" label on an ordinary spot seems ridiculous.
Airport Management - UND

MYT332

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Quoting PC12Fan (Reply 1):
I'm a

ridiculous

Prius owner

Well said! In the extra-urban EC fuel consumption test, a BMW 318d Touring shows exactly the same fuel economy!  bigthumbsup 
One Life, Live it.

andz

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Toyota missed the boat with 'Prius". It should have been "Pious".
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

max550

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to have spots up front for large trucks and SUV's? They would use a lot more gas driving around the lot looking for a spot, so if they had reserved spots it would save fuel. Hybrids could drive around a parking lot for quite a while looking for a spot without using much gas, they probably wouldn't even need the gas motor for most of that time.

Superfly

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 38):
Wouldn't it make more sense to have spots up front for large trucks and SUV's? They would use a lot more gas driving around the lot looking for a spot, so if they had reserved spots it would save fuel. Hybrids could drive around a parking lot for quite a while looking for a spot without using much gas, they probably wouldn't even need the gas motor for most of that time.

No way, that makes sense.
Nothing about the whole 'green movement' is supposed to make sense.  banghead 
Bring back the Concorde

ACDC8

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 27):

I usually take the first spot I see thats reasonably close to the entrance, sometimes I'll even park quite far back so I can walk a bit. A friend of mine though, he'll circle the lot for half an hour just to get a spot 3 meters closer to the door than the first empty spot he sees ... lol!

Quoting A332 (Reply 27):
We are special. We can run you off the road. We can do whatever we want, regardless of how wreckless it is... so just get out of our way already!

Jackass .... lol! 

If Hybrids really help the environment or are greener than this car or that car, doesn't really matter. The key issue here is that the business has chosen to adapt this type of image and use it to market themselves. We could argue and argue about this car is cleaner or that car is greener but it doesn't change the simple fact that its the businesses choice to reserve a spot for a Hybrid or a Smart car or even a blue, yellow or red car. Its their right end of story!

All I have to say is what is the big freaking deal?

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 34):
It might be hard to have a car towed or ticketed if you were in one of those spots. You would have to have some sort of civil violation for the police to get involved, such as parking an a fire lane or in a hanidcapped space.

I guess it really depends on the country, state, provincial or even city itself. More or less, it is private property and the owner has the right to remove a vehicle for what ever reason they choose. Being a buisiness offering to services to the public does throw a possible legal lawsuit into the mix, and I'm sure we'll be hearing of one rather soon with the "victim" being discriminated against and claiming they can't live a normal life anymore, blah, blah, blah .. lol! Bottom line though, it is private property and they can have a vehicle removed in they wanted to.

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 34):
It is being descrimitory to people driving other kinds of cars. Bascially the Hybrid parking sign says to me: Only people with enough money to buy a hybrid are welcome in this spot. There are cars that get better mpg than hybrids so just because you drive a hybrid doesn't mean you are green.

Is it just me or is the term discrimanation just being tossed around like a hacky sack these days? Discriminating against someone is a pretty serious thing and shouldn't be tossed around lightly.

Seriously people, we're talking about a parking spot here, its not going to harm anyone if they have to pass it up because a buisiness wants to establish a green image for whatever reason.

[Edited 2009-06-08 11:35:09]

JakeOrion

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Quoting A332 (Reply 32):
The parking lot belongs to Ikea (or whatever respective business) and if it is their desire to designate spaces for those driving hybrids, than so be it.

But by doing this, they will open up a whole new can of worms. People will begin to demand a parking space for their type of vehicles, and so forth.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 40):
If Hybrids really help the environment or are greener than this car or that car, doesn't really matter. The key issue here is that the business has chosen to adapt this type of image and use it to market themselves. We could argue and argue about this car is cleaner or that car is greener but it doesn't change the simple fact that its the businesses choice to reserve a spot for a Hybrid or a Smart car or even a blue, yellow or red car. Its their right end of story!

This will probably hurt them more than help them. It's one thing to gradually introduce green technologies, but it is entirely a different matter when you start forcing it down people's throats.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 40):
All I have to say is what is the big freaking deal?

Okay, I demand to have parking spaces designated for Jeeps only. What's the problem?

Superfly

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:05 pm

I think it's a sad state of affairs when people need to make a political statement in the frikkin' parking lot.  Sad
Bring back the Concorde

ACDC8

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 41):
But by doing this, they will open up a whole new can of worms. People will begin to demand a parking space for their type of vehicles, and so forth

They will? The only people who will be demanding anything are those who just have way too much time on their hands and should be more concerned about the important things in life like what cereal to buy.

This will probably hurt them more than help them. It's one thing to gradually introduce green technologies, but it is entirely a different matter when you start forcing it down people's throats.

They're not forcing anything down anyones throats. An average parking lot at a large business has hundreds of stalls maybe be even upwards of a thousand stalls. I'm sure we can survive if 20, 10 or even less of those stalls are reserved for certain vehicles.

Will this hurt their business? I seriously doubt it, but I also don't think it'll improve their business either. Sure there are a handfull of people who will boycott a store for this just as there are a handfull of people who will go out of their way to shop there. I doubt it'll make any difference what so ever though.

Okay, I demand to have parking spaces designated for Jeeps only. What's the problem?

There is no problem with that. If a business wants to do that, power to them. Problem is when people take this way to seriously and start demanding things. I said it before, I'll say it again. We're talking about a simple parking spot here. Is it really that important to get all worked up on? Seriously?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 42):

I think it's a sad state of affairs when people need to make a political statement in the frikkin' parking lot.

I think its a sad state of affairs when people need to make this such a big deal ... lol!

There are people who hate SUVS, there are people who hate Hybrids, there are people who hate motorcycles, but thats all completely irrelevant. Its a parking stall people, get over yourselves .... lol! If its really that bad, take the bus 

[Edited 2009-06-08 12:19:20]

Superfly

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 43):
I think its a sad state of affairs when people need to make this such a big deal ... lol!

I think we're both saying the same thing.
Bring back the Concorde

JakeOrion

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 42):
I think it's a sad state of affairs when people need to make a political statement in the frikkin' parking lot.

I'm just stating what should be "equal" to everyone. I'm just using the same logic that everyone needs to be "equal", much how like everyone else uses this argument in various other topics.

They will? The only people who will be demanding anything are those who just have way too much time on their hands and should be more concerned about the important things in life like what cereal to buy.

Do I really need to answer this? You know as well as I some people will do it.

They're not forcing anything down anyones throats. An average parking lot at a large business has hundreds of stalls maybe be even upwards of a thousand stalls. I'm sure we can survive if 20, 10 or even less of those stalls are reserved for certain vehicles.

Sure, its 10 to 20 now, but what is to stop them from moving on to 100, 500, 1000, etc?

Is it really that important to get all worked up on? Seriously?

There is actually a more underlying point, but the problem is if I comment I will have my post deleted for being off-topic (rightfully so.)

ACDC8

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 44):
I think we're both saying the same thing.

In a way I guess, but I think we're coming at it from different angles though.

Superfly

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 46):
In a way I guess, but I think we're coming at it from different angles though.

I am hardly angry or losing sleep over this.
Personally I rather park further away where their are fewer cars. Smaller chance of my car getting dented from the parked car next to me.
Bring back the Concorde

ACDC8

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 45):
Do I really need to answer this? You know as well as I some people will do it.

I know there are some people that will, there are people who get uptight about anything and everything. Like I said, they've got way too much time on their hands. Needless to say, the few people who'll raise a ruckus aren't worth the business caving in for.

Sure, its 10 to 20 now, but what is to stop them from moving on to 100, 500, 1000, etc?

Why would they? They could do that with anything if they wanted to, but they haven't yet and I doubt they would. All they're trying to do is make a small statement that they're a "green" business or at least trying to do something about the environment or whatever. You and I don't have to agree with that statement and we can argue for hours on end about it, but its not in the best interest for a business to take up half their lot and make a mess out of it by reserving various stalls for various vehicles. On the other hand, allocating a handfull of stalls for this or that doesn't make a mess of things and won't be damaging to the business.

There is actually a more underlying point, but the problem is if I comment I will have my post deleted for being off-topic (rightfully so.)

You can PM me if you want.

ACDC8

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 47):
Personally I rather park further away where their are fewer cars. Smaller chance of my car getting dented from the parked car next to me.

I used to be like that, but after the first 3 dents, I just don't care anymore ... lol!