dtwclipper

Neo-Nazi Shooting At US Holocaust Museum

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 pm

suspect is a 88 year old hardline neo-nazi!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/10/museum.shooting/index.html
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

skyhigh777

RE: Neo-Nazi Shooting At US Holocaust Museum

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I just walked down 14st...it's all blocked off with police surrounding the building.

Sad this type of thing still happens this day and age...why all the hate?
Prepare for take-off.

AirframeAS

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Headline News on TV is saying 5 shots fired so far. But that is subject to change.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

jcs17

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Hopefully everything turns out okay with the security guard.

It's a shame this 89 year old dope didn't have Zyklon-B come through his shower head this morning.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

sv7887

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Ugh,
I am tired of thugs running around with guns and hurting people. First the crazed Muslim convert shooting up the Army recruiting office and now this.

The question is what do you do with a 88 yr old criminal? Lock him up for the few years he has left?

Superfly

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 4):
The question is what do you do with a 88 yr old criminal? Lock him up for the few years he has left?

Punish him as you would a 28 year old.
This man is sick and I hope they get anyone else in his organization that is planning further attacks.
Bring back the Concorde

dtwclipper

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 pm

I just read some of his writings...one mixed up dude, to say the least.

http://www.holywesternempire.org/tob_shebbe_goyim_harog_first6.pdf
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

AirframeAS

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 5):

Punish him as you would a 28 year old.

That wouldn't do anything given his age. He knows he is on his way out sooner if not later anyway.

Superfly

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 7):
That wouldn't do anything given his age. He knows he is on his way out sooner if not later anyway.

So just let him walk freely?
Bring back the Concorde

santosdumont

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:54 pm

The site has been taken off the air, but in any case -- it's clear that this guy had enough marbles left to propagate his warped views and to take the next step...
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

RussianJet

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm

A disgusting act. My sympathies go out to all those affected.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Thread starter):
88 year old hardline neo-nazi

At 88 years old probably not so much a neo-nazi as a lifelong nazi supporter.

Ugh,
I am tired of thugs running around with guns and hurting people. First the crazed Muslim convert shooting up the Army recruiting office and now this.

Agreed. Guns need to be kept away from the unbalanced in the population. In practice this will mean restricting their availability to all.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

NIKV69

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:58 pm

The laws of this land doesn't take age into consideration. He should be prosecuted like anyone else.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 6):
I just read some of his writings...one mixed up dude, to say the least

Yep, needs a lot of help. I heard one report that he didn't like the high interest rates or something like that. Interesting.

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 3):
Hopefully everything turns out okay with the security guard.

Unfortunately he didn't make it.

R.I.P.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

santosdumont

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Local media now reporting security guard has died.

AirframeAS

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:04 pm

The news is now saying the suspect is a James Von Brunn.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 8):
So just let him walk freely?

I didn't say that, not even close. The suspect knows, being 88, he is pretty much past the life expectancy and not much will be done with him anyway. Jail for the remainder of his natural life is a given. I doubt the death penalty will be requested, again, given his age.....

I say let the guy die naturally in the slammer.

Superfly

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 13):
I didn't say that, not even close. The suspect knows, being 88, he is pretty much past the life expectancy and not much will be done with him anyway. Jail for the remainder of his natural life is a given. I doubt the death penalty will be requested, again, given his age.....

No death penalty in the District of Colombia so even a 28 year old wouldn't get the death penalty. So again, treat him as you would a 28 year old. Throw his ass in the slammer for the rest of his pathetic life.
Bring back the Concorde

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 10):
Agreed. Guns need to be kept away from the unbalanced in the population. In practice this will mean restricting their availability to all.

DC is one of the places in the country with the most restrictive gun laws....apparently they didn't work. Before one comes up with new laws for honest gun owners..how about enforcing the ones already on the books?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

D L X

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Man what a !@#$ed up dude.

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 15):
DC is one of the places in the country with the most restrictive gun laws.

not anymore!!

Not after Heller.

BMI727

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 13):
I say let the guy die naturally in the slammer.

I disagree. Take him out back and shoot him. Don't even wait till dawn.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

AirframeAS

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 17):
I disagree. Take him out back and shoot him. Don't even wait till dawn.

This guy still has a right to trial by jury under the law, which includes a speedy trial. I'm sure you already know that.

KSYR

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Well, the shooter is 88 years old, was shot, and is in critical condition. You won't find me disappointed if he doesn't make it through the night.

BMI727

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 18):
This guy still has a right to trial by jury under the law, which includes a speedy trial. I'm sure you already know that.

I think we can accomplish a trial by dawn.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Mir

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:15 pm

What a sick idiot. It shouldn't be surprising that these people still exist, but somehow it still is.

RIP to the security guard, and condolences to his family.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 19):
the shooter is 88 years old, was shot, and is in critical condition. You won't find me disappointed if he doesn't make it through the night.

Nor me.

That sounds like a pretty good plan.  thumbsup 

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

steeler83

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 3):
It's a shame this 89 year old dope didn't have Zyklon-B come through his shower head this morning.

Good one!

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 7):

I say screw the ACLU and lock this bastard in a dark hole someplace. Alcatraz is just the place for him, or would have been anyway. Thanks alot ACLU...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

Springbok747

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 pm

What a sick old man. Hard to believe such people exist in this day and age. I was watching a program about the KKK and other such white supremacist groups on TV the other day and was dumbfounded to see such people still exist. I can only feel sorry for those sad individuals who don't have anything better to do with their lives than think somehow they're better than everyone else and go around preaching that hate.

RIP to the security guard, he died doing his job. But..how the hell did this idiot walk in unnoticed with a rifle?!
אני תומך בישראל

ltbewr

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:14 am

The Holocaust Museum is considered one of the biggest potential terrorist or right wing attack sites in the District of Columbia due to it's primary accent on the dominate proportion of Jews murdered during the Nazi WWII Holocaust. Homeland Security did a report that came out earlier this year that noted the higher risks of right wing domestic based groups and individuals at sites like the Holocaust Museum due to the election of Pres. Obama as a Black man as well as the more 'liberal' policies he is advocating.

This terrorist - that is what I call him - figured out the weaknesses of the security there and around it to make his point and kill someone. At 88 years old and probably with a bullet in him he won't last long. Then he can join the 9/11 terrorists in Hell.

CPH-R

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:18 am

Looks like the perpetrator was a Holocaust Denier, 9/11 Truther (#9196 on http://www.justicefor911.org/signatures.php?page=92 ), Obama birther ( http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/doc...-brunn-obama-is-missing.php?page=1 ), huge fans of Alex Jones' Infowars (Comments section of http://www.infowars.com/bali-bomber-claims-ciamossad-involvement/ ) and generally an alround nutcase ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sevilla_meeting/message/379 ).

What a nice chap  Yeah sure

Aaron747

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 62):
There is no valid interpretation of the constitution it means exactly what it says.

I specifically established that context because the 2nd amendment as written is absent of the knowledge of myriad externalities affecting the gun rights issue that modern courts must evaluate and/or be aware of. I'm not in any way suggesting that this practical reality invalidates anyone's understanding of what it means as-written.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

LMP737

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm

It's unfortanate that he did not let go of all that hate like former KKK member Elwin Wilson did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHQJUKoj4w
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

max999

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:22 pm

I recall that several months ago, conservatives were up in arms about a report from Homeland Security which warned of rising right wing extremism...they claimed the report was totally off base. On the contrary, I believe the report has always been accurate...especially now with this incident and the recent abortion doctor killing.

[Edited 2009-06-11 12:27:36]
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

charlienorth

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Quoting Max999 (Reply 69):
I recall that several months ago, conservatives were up in arms about a report from Homeland Security which warned of rising right wing extremism...they claimed the report was totally off base. On the contrary, I believe the report has always been accurate...especially now with this incident and the recent abortion doctor killing.

[Edited 2009-06-11 12:27:36]

Except this guy is no conservative..he hated the Bush's,the "neocons" as posted earlier thought 9/11 was a hoax ...sounds like some of our members here...BTW where is the outrage about the muslims who murdered the army recruiter...would it be fair to label them as liberals...
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

max999

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 pm

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 70):
Except this guy is no conservative..he hated the Bush's,the "neocons" as posted earlier thought 9/11 was a hoax ...sounds like some of our members here...BTW where is the outrage about the muslims who murdered the army recruiter...would it be fair to label them as liberals...

I'm not talking about the shooter at the museum being a conservative...I'm talking about the conservative politicians and pundits on TV who reacted strongly after the Homeland Security report came out. I think they were wrong to question the report because the report warning about right wing extremists was telling the truth.

And it's useless for you to try and connect the army recruiter killer with being a liberal because I wasn't referring to the museum shooter as being anything. I personally believe that guy is a total nutcase!

[Edited 2009-06-11 12:56:15]
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

charlienorth

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Quoting Max999 (Reply 71):
I think they were wrong to question the report because the report warning about right wing extremists was telling the truth

There are many extremest groups..and they may be right but again this guy was no right-winger,I woul more connect him with the preachings of The "reverend Wright" And no I'm not trying to equate the muslim terrorist being a liberal,that's like equating the shooter with the right wing....I was pointing out the nuttiness of all these labels and warnings,fact is there is a lot of mopes out there of all persuasions out there wanting to do us harm.
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

AGM100

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:34 pm

warning about right wing extremists

That's valid enough , they should be monitored. But meanwhile they call Islamic terrorism ... "man made catastrophe". Its seems to be easier for them to target the right-wing extremists and too call them by name than it is the other... just a observation that's all.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

cws818

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:53 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 83):
One thing to consider is that when you do have a mad-man run amok over there chances are he will be shooting a full auto AK smuggled accross from the east. Our shoots when they happen tend to be packing much less heat.

I fully agree. So what would be the problem, then, with prohibiting the sale of such "full auto" weapons? None of the hunters that I know felt that their right to hunt was in any way abridged by the Clinton/Biden assault weapons ban.
volgende halte...Station Hollands Spoor

L-188

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:02 am

Quoting Cws818 (Reply 84):
So what would be the problem, then, with prohibiting the sale of such "full auto" weapons?

They have been highly resticted in the US since the 1932 gun control act. If you want one you are looking at low 5 figures to start. I know a guy who had a M240G. 6 years ago it was worth $75K. I am sure that has gone up since then.

Do a seach for "Class III" weapons. Crimes simply aren't committed with them in the US.

Oddly enough most of the pressure to keep the class III rules are from the current owners who bought them as investment pieces. They want to keep the market small.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

santosdumont

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 72):
I think they were wrong to question the report because the report warning about right wing extremists was telling the truth

There are many extremest groups..and they may be right but again this guy was no right-winger,I woul more connect him with the preachings of The "reverend Wright"

As I said earlier, this guy's ideology is far more insidious than any religion. Anti-Semitism makes for the strangest bedfellows you can imagine. Consider:

• Ann Coulter said Jews need to be "perfected"

• The Rev. Wright said the "Jews" won't let him get close to Obama.

• Richard Nixon's contempt for Jews was the worst kept secret in Washington.

• Louis Farrakahn of the Nation of Islam made a $100 contribution to Aryan Nations founder Tom Metzger in appreciation of his anti-Semitic work.

• And, in what is no doubt the gold standard for hatred of things Jewish trumping even the most basic tenets of loyalty, there's this pro-Al Qa'ida nugget from Billy Roper, deputy membership coordinator of the National Alliance (whose late founder penned Timothy McVeigh's favorite read, The Turner Diaries): "We may not want them marrying our daughters...But anyone who is willing to drive a plane into a building to kill Jews is alright by me. I wish our members had half as much testicular fortitude."

So there you have it. It's pointless to try to fit psychopaths like Von Brunn under a simplistic label. But what cannot be denied, however, is that anti-government anger in general and anti-Obama anger in particular is approaching a critical mass.

Shepherd Smith broke Fox News protocol and offered a moment of genuine concern when he said that his e-mail is becoming "more and more frightening." It's worth noting that Rush Limbaugh promptly dismissed Smith for "whining and moaning."

It's also worth noting that on the night of the Holocaust Museum shootings, Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points addressed not that very pressing story, but rather the "far left" antics of Nancy Pelosi and how she's putting US troops in danger.

Superfly

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 72):
,I woul more connect him with the preachings of The "reverend Wright"

Reverend Wright is a military vet that is a leader of a large Church congregation that is open to all. He has never attempted murder, never advocated violence, never committed crimes or served any time at all. He may have made some inflammatory remarks that are unacceptable but not on the same league as a vicious murderer like Von Brunn.

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 94):
It's pointless to try to fit psychopaths like Von Brunn under a simplistic label.

checkmark 

These people are just trying to dismiss Von Brunn's actions and down play the anti-government and anti-Obama anger by right-wing groups. To drag Rev. Wright in to this is totally retarded.
In other words, the apologist here in these forums agree with the actions of Von Brunn.
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 100):
Many hate the government period.... Whoever is in charge is the focus of the hate.

So explain why there has been an increase since Obama has been President?
He isn't the first, nor the last Democrat president. Don't pretend it's his politics that has caused an increase in the amount of hatred and membership in such right-wing Nazi/Nazi-like organizations.
Bring back the Concorde

AirframeAS

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 23):
I say screw the ACLU and lock this bastard in a dark hole someplace. Alcatraz is just the place for him, or would have been anyway. Thanks alot ACLU...

I fail to see how the ACLU has anything to do with this situation since they are not involved.  confused 

Superfly

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 23):
Alcatraz is just the place for him, or would have been anyway.

Huh?  confused 

Alcatraz is a major tourist attraction here in San Francisco. Alcatraz also has some of the best views of a the city. I wouldn't want this Nazi working at the gift shop or giving tours of that facility.  no 
Bring back the Concorde

falstaff

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:09 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 103):
I wouldn't want this Nazi working at the gift shop or giving tours of that facility.

Maybe we should get some Gitmo detainees to work there.  Silly

Quoting Superfly (Reply 101):

I don't know if there really is an increase or not. The media may be jumping on it more than it did before. Any criticism of Obama as been in the news. Just the other day Jon Voight was in the news for knocking on Obama. When Hollywood stars knocked on Bush it was in the news too, but shown in a positive light.

Either way, there are a lot of nut jobs out there that hate the government and don't like president no matter who he is. We have had all white presidents in the past and there has been no shortage of people that would want to kill them for for any number of reasons. Everything probably balances out. Now a bunch of skin heads want to kill the president, but there is probably some other group who used to want to kill George Bush that doesn't want to kill the president anymore. We just traded one group of wackos for another.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Superfly

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:55 am

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 104):
The media may be jumping on it more than it did before.

I was referring to the increase in membership and activity by white supremest organizations. Not talking about the usual chatter in the mainstream media.
Bring back the Concorde

KSYR

Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:33 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 99):
Unless there wasn't a kernel of truth to my post, you wouldn't be so offended.

No, your post was just ludicrous and baseless. That's all. Seriously, this dude believed that GWB and neo-cons planned 9/11, and he called Christianity a hoax. Seems like he had a lot of left-wing tendencies as well, but you won't find me calling him a liberal, because he wasn't. He wasn't a conservative either-he was a nut.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 101):

Um, in case you haven't noticed, Obama is black. I'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened if Alan Keyes had been elected on the Republican ticket instead.

falstaff

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 106):
was referring to the increase in membership and activity by white supremest organizations. Not talking about the usual chatter in the mainstream media.

When the economy is bad membership in that kind of thing usually increases. During the depression of the 1930s there was a lot of action going on in white supremacy groups. If you would like to see an movie version of such a group you should check out "Black Legion" (1937). It is based on events that happened in Detroit and focuses on one group at one plant (Ford Rouge, but they never mention the actual name). The gang recruits "regular Americans" and they brutalize foreigners, who they feel are stealing their jobs. It is an interesting movie.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Superfly

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 107):
No, your post was just ludicrous and baseless.

..and yours' wasn't?
I must have really touched a nerve with you.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 107):
Um, in case you haven't noticed, Obama is black. I'm pretty sure the same thing would have happened if Alan Keyes had been elected on the Republican ticket instead.

You are correct. I was simply pointing something out to my friend Falstaff about the increase in membership of White supremest organizations since Obama has become President.
Bring back the Concorde

moderators
Crew

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:25 am

After removing 65 posts from this thread for being completely off-topic, the following advice is offered:

Any posts in this thread should be directly related to the Holocaust Museum, or the perpetrator, the intended victims or the deceased victim. A discussion about associated hate groups and hate crimes is also fine.

But this will not be a gun rights / gun control debate under any circumstances.

If someone wishes to start another gun thread, please do so and keep all gun-related comments out of this thread.
Please use moderators@airliners.net to contact us.