Elite
Topic Author

1 Day Acuvue Vs 1 Day Acuvue Moist

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:41 am

I'm a daily user of the 1 Day Acuvue contact lenses, and I use the contacts for up to 12 hours or more everyday. I'm thinking of switching over to Moist, but I wanted to see if there were any major, noticeable differences. Any users on here who have used both who can recommend me?

Thanks
Elite

Speedbirdie

RE: 1 Day Acuvue Vs 1 Day Acuvue Moist

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:38 am

Elite, I have never used the normal ones but am a daily user of the moist ones
as I am in a metal tube for quite a lot of time and they suit me.
I was told by my optician that the moist ones are best if you are going
to wear them over 8 hours. Give them a try, they are very, erm, moist!

Big grin
Never give up..

Cadet57

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:25 pm

I use the regular acuvue ones. I tried the moist when I first started with contacts and the caused my eyes to become very irritated and red. I did not find them comfortable at all. I suggest sticking with the regular ones.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

captaink

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 pm

I use the new Acuvue Advance, 2 week lenses, after recently switching from Acuvue 2. The Advance has similar technology to the Moist, and i would tell you that the difference is noted. It is not a world of difference but for the little change in price I invest in the best available..

Contacts lenses have changed I can tell i have been using them for 10 years now,. HAH
There is something special about planes....

KirkSeattle

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I just recently switched over to the Moist from the regular Acuvue (5 years). I find them more comfortable and my eyes are not as red at the end of the day.

Cheers,
Kirk

ac888yow

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Perhaps not really answering the question, but after using Focus Dailies and Daily Acuvue for several years I switched to bi-weekly Acuvue 'Oasys' and have never looked back. I have massively sensitive eyes and these are by far the most comfortable contact lens I've ever worn ... not to mention bi-weeklies are cheaper than dailies

I always found the dailies to be comfortable for up to 5-6 hours ... tops. If you wear your contacts for 8-10-12 hours, I'm sure the Oasys will provide you with much better comfort. Get a trial pair from your optician and give them a shot.

pocho

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am

I've worn both for a year each and find the Moist easier on the eyes after 14+ hour days.

The non-moist dries out after about 12 hours. The Focus Dailies seemed to dry out after about 10-11 hrs.

I wear a pair (Moist) for up to 3 days until throwing them out and they still feel fresh. I take them out each night of course.

Elite
Topic Author

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Quoting Pocho (Reply 6):
I wear a pair (Moist) for up to 3 days until throwing them out and they still feel fresh. I take them out each night of course.

You wear dailies for up to three days? I recommend you stop that ASAP! Daily contact lenses are made of cheap quality materials that can't last for that long...

JoKeR

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:16 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 2):
I use the regular acuvue ones. I tried the moist when I first started with contacts and the caused my eyes to become very irritated and red. I did not find them comfortable at all. I suggest sticking with the regular ones.

Same here, I hate the "Moists", find them blurry and uncomfortable, went back to regular ones...