stasisLAX

300 Bodies Disinterred In Cemetary Scam In Chicago

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Authorities today sharply increased the estimate of the number of bodies disinterred at Burr Oak Cemetery in southwest suburban Alsip in a scheme to illegally resell grave sites.
200 to 300 bodies were dug up and dumped into an isolated, weedy area of the cemetery, where many prominent African-Americans are buried, including Emmett Till.

Former cemetery manager Carolyn Towns, 49, foreman Keith Nicks, 45, and dump-truck operator Terrence Nicks, 39, all of Chicago, and back-hoe operator Maurice Dailey, 59, of Robbins, were each charged with one count of dismembering a human body, a Class X felony. They all face up to 30 years in prison.

Authorities are also investigating an Emmett Till Memorial Fund that Towns set up for a museum in the slain teen's memory. Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart and State's Atty. Anita Alvarez asked for the public's help in tracking donations to the fund, set up in 2005.

Source: http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...ies-dug-up-dumped-at-cemetery.html

Disgusting behavior by the cemetary manager. Who can you trust in today's world???  irked 
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

7324ever

RE: 300 Bodies Disinterred In Cemetary Scam In Chicago

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:46 pm

I hate to say it it could be extremely worse there are freaky people. Some people go as far as Necrophilia (Sexual desecration of a corpse). I saw an article online were a man was found in his house after he committed suicide with 2 separate humans remains in his house from 2 different people that separate parts tested positive with semen.

What a world we live in........
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

Soku39

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 am

This has nothing to do with necrophilia, its just Chicagoans doin their Chicago thing... the world we live in is where one will do anything to make money.
The Ohio Player

sw733

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:09 am

They probably had to go vote  duck 

This coming from a guy whose father was buried in Chicago in 2007 and I think probably voted in the last presidential election  Wink

stasisLAX

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 am

Quoting SW733 (Reply 3):
They probably had to go vote

Well, it IS Chicago!!!  Wow!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin