Falcon84
Topic Author

Copy Of Free Republic Hate-Job On Mrs. Obama, Kids

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:21 am

Found this pretty much by accident, as I was reading something else online. But apparently Free Republic which has been described as a MODERATED "premier online gathering place for independent, grass-roots conservatism on the web" was the site of what can be described as nothing short of a racists, online lynching of the Obama's recently. It was only pulled after other more respectible websites and blogs complained to the "moderators" that what was going on was completely out of control. Apparently, the Mods didn't find any of it offensive.

Here's a copy of the entire psoting on Free Republic, and some of the vile, disgusting things that were being said.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7610/missobamaspeaceniktshir.jpg

I'm not going to turn this into a bash-fest against Conservatives. I believe most conservatives don't have such personal vitrol against the Obama's. I believe many do. I wouldn't be surprised it someo n here think there's nothing wrong with this, either. But it's another black eye on the face of conservatism at a time where it doesn't need any more bad press.

It does tell you one thing-even in 2009, after all the progress we've made in this great nation, that racism is still alive and well in many quarters. And to think such lunatics vote.

By the way, did anyone notice a fairly familiar Anet handle on there? Hopefully, just coincidence.

Edited as text didn't get linked first time.

[Edited 2009-07-13 20:31:58]
Work Right, Fly Hard

L-188

RE: Copy Of Free Republic Hate-Job On Mrs. Obama, Kids

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:34 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
I wouldn't be surprised it someo n here think there's nothing wrong with this, either.

Nothing wrong with critisim of the false messiah Obama.

With the way his poll numbers are tanking and unemployment is rising more and more people are thankfully realizing that he wasn't was he promised people he was.

that racism is still alive and well in many quarters.

Protesting the policies of a left-wing nut like Obama isn't racisim, it is common sense politics.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:45 am

L-188, there is something wrong with it. This was NOT criticism of policies. This was low-ball name-calling, of the worst kind, of a child and her mother.

If you want to critisize on policy, nothing wrong with that. But when people get in the race gutter like this-and they did in this blog-then it shows we still have a LONG way to go on race.

The fact that you don't see that as a problem puts up a big  redflag  for me about where you're coming from.
Work Right, Fly Hard

L-188

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:48 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
This was low-ball name-calling, of the worst kind, of a child and her mother.

You did the same s#*& with Sarah and Bristol, so I don't care.

The fact that you don't see that as a problem puts up a big for me about where you're coming from.

I am comming from Truth, Justice and the American way.

I just wish it wasn't so hard to find a phone booth now that cell-phones are around.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:52 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):

Uh, actually, I did NOT, L-188. I was one of the first on here to condemn the crap about Bristol. It had no place in the discussion. If you want to say my criticism of Mrs. Palin for not being able to answer a few simply POLITICAL questions thrown at her is the same thing, well 1) you're wrong, and 2) the nI guess you DO think it's OK to personally smear a young girl.

Who's that say more about-you or me?

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):

Oh, please!  rotfl 

You don't even BELIEVE in the American Way-you're for Alaska independence!

Can I get sick now, after that? LOL!
Work Right, Fly Hard

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 am

I'm not going to turn this into a bash-fest against Conservatives.

Just so I'm clear, you're not bashing conservatives but you're posting unmoderated rantings from a public forum? Have you ever looked at the comments under just about any YouTube video? I'm not sure what this shows other than there are ugly people in this world.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:57 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 5):
Just so I'm clear, you're not bashing conservatives but you're posting unmoderated rantings from a public forum?

Read again, Maverick. It is a MODERATED forum. it was left up and running, full of that hatred for a long time. Look at the bottom of the page, and see how many pages and posts were allowed before it was yanked. Big diff.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 5):
I'm not sure what this shows other than there are ugly people in this world.

There certainly are, and I think it shows a lot more than that.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:17 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 6):
It is a MODERATED forum

Clearly it was not

There certainly are, and I think it shows a lot more than that.

There are a bunch of sh!tty people online. I'm not sure what kind of revelation that is.
E pur si muove -Galileo

san747

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:59 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

that racism is still alive and well in many quarters.

Protesting the policies of a left-wing nut like Obama isn't racisim, it is common sense politics.

It wouldn't be an issue and we wouldn't be talking about it if was that.

This was NOT criticism of policies. This was low-ball name-calling, of the worst kind, of a child and her mother.

Precisely.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):

A) no "we" didn't. David Letterman made off-color jokes about Bristol Palin that were inappropriate. They shouldn't have been said; whatever Sarah Palin does, Bristol deserves her privacy.

B) The jokes Letterman made were miles away from what is on the pages of that forum. Letterman was being sarcastic, satirical, whatever you want to call it, but he wasn't being sexist and racist. He wasn't spitting out pure venom, which is all I read on that entire page.

There wasn't even ONE person on that forum that said "wait a minute... you guys might be going too far. We may not like Obama, but back off Malia." Even on here, someone would have been a voice of reason, and the fact that there was not one scares me.
Scotty doesn't know...

Zentraedi

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 am

lol, freerepublic.

Yeah, that's kinda like the democraticunderground of the right. Still, most of the people I know in real life who identify themselves as Republicans are nowhere near as bad as Freepers. On the other hand, it seems like many real life Democrats come closer to being democraticunderground types.

Anyway, we just need to step back and realize that these people just get their rocks off on being internet dbags. No need to get worked up over it.

futurepilot16

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:48 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):

Oh yea sure you are! I guess your friend Bush was telling the truth to congress when he wanted them to approve the war in Iraq so he could finish what his father couldn't. But I guess 4500 american lives was worth it right? Unbelievable! But I guess that is the American way because I would love to know what part of politics or the american way do YOU see as true. The next thing is that people have all these expectations that the economy and all our problems will be fixed by next week. THIS THING COULD TAKE YEARS PEOPLE. Oh and by the way, the last job loss reports show that those levels are at their lowest since January, just an after thought for you to research something before you post it  Smile
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

san747

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:27 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):

That reminds me- I forgot to thank you for your help in saving Metropolis, Mr. Kent.
Scotty doesn't know...

Aaron747

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):

Those three concepts are in no way represented by the vile commentary exhibited on that Freeper free for all. Talk of ghetto thuggery regarding strangers in pictures and imagined conversations exhibiting slanted notions of ebonics are not a valid basis for any kind of political criticism, period.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

dxing

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm not going to turn this into a bash-fest against Conservatives.

No, you're just hoping that others will do that for you.

Yep, no one could accuse you of that!!

Letterman VS Palin ... How Do You See It?
Falcon84 From United States, joined Sep 2004, 14722 posts, RR: 82
Reply 13, posted Wed Jun 10 2009 18:56:46 your local time

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 13):
Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 4):
Sarah Palin made her daughter fair game when she paraded her around the campaign trail and made an issue out of her pregnancy.

The man wins the Todd Palin Action Figure.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 4):
Uh, actually, I did NOT, L-188. I was one of the first on here to condemn the crap about Bristol.

You were? Well here's the link to the thread about Bristol Palin being pregnant. Care to point that out?

Sarah Palin To Be Grandmother (by SAN787 Sep 1 2008 in Non Aviation)?threadid=1966679&searchid=1968603&s=palin daughter pregnant#ID1968603

I'm off today and tomorrow, I was hoping the shuttle launch would be today so I could fly my daughters down to witness it but alas Wednesday night is too close to start of work the next day. Maybe I'll spend some time today trolling the internet for some liberal forums bashing Sarah Palins daughters. Shouldn't be too hard to find. BTW:

But apparently Free Republic which has been described as a MODERATED "premier online gathering place for independent, grass-roots conservatism on the web" was the site of what can be described as nothing short of a racists, online lynching of the Obama's recently.

Would you care to explain where on their website it says that the forum is moderated? I see where it says they retain the right to remove offensive posts but not that it is continously moderated as is the case here.

As several posters have said, you can find all sorts of evil people on the net if you look around just a little.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

MadameConcorde

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Why is it that Russian officials refused to shake hands with Obama when he was in Russia?

This is bizarre...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1C_NWMRs8Q

Yeah sure  Confused  Yeah sure
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 7):
It is a MODERATED forum

Clearly it was not

Clearly, it was. There were "moderators" on the forum when all this was happening. Again, THEY SAY they are a moderated site, Maverick, not me.
Work Right, Fly Hard

LMP737

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

The problem is that the article had nothing to do with his policies. It was about what his daughter was wearing followed by the rants of some goof balls.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

MadameConcorde

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:56 pm

About the Obama children wear, I may sound a bit conservative here but they are the children of a Head of State, albeit one of the most powerful on the planet.

I think the mother should make a bit of effort and care so not to have the daughters wearing anything and everything when they are going on an official trip where they are being watched by the whole world media about every step.

I don't remember seeing Amy Carter or Chelsea Clinton (both democrat US Presidents daughters) wearing such far out outfits during their official trips if they participated to the trips at all. This is not Bush or Reagan I am talking about but more like recent Democrat President's children.

I don't think the Obamas have any excuses for this. They are the ones who should be a bit more careful of their chidren's wearables and behaviour in public when they travel abroad. This is not holiday trips but official visits to other Heads of States.

dtwclipper

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 14):
Why is it that Russian officials refused to shake hands with Obama when he was in Russia?

This is bizarre...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1C_N...MRs8Q

Clearly he is introducing people on the receiving line. Let's not make something up that isn't there. Really, MadamC I expect more from you!

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 17):
I think the mother should make a bit of effort and care so not to have the daughters wearing anything and everything when they are going on an official trip where they are being watched by the whole world media about every step.

Here I agree with you. Even though they are young, I think Mrs. O should have dressed them a bit better.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

MadameConcorde

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 18):
Clearly he is introducing people on the receiving line. Let's not make something up that isn't there. Really, MadamC I expect more from you!

My mistake. I must have looked too quickly and not paid enough attention to what was going on.  Wow!  Yeah sure

dtwclipper

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 19):
My mistake. I must have looked too quickly and not paid enough attention to what was going on.

You did look too quickly. If you can't see that he is introducing HIS staff than you need to get some new glasses!

dxing

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 15):
Clearly, it was. There were "moderators" on the forum when all this was happening. Again, THEY SAY they are a moderated site, Maverick, not me.

Where does it say that?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

dtwclipper

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 21):
Where does it say that?

Free Republic does not edit or censor user posts but does reserve the right to remove what it deems to be (in its own judgment) inappropriate posts or materials.
http://www.freerepublic.com/perl/register

That's pretty close, wouldn't you agree?

Pellegrine

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Here's a copy of the entire psoting on Free Republic, and some of the vile, disgusting things that were being said.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/761...r.jpg

People of this type are not to be paid attention to. They are most likely poor, uneducated, jilted, marginalized, bitter, nasty persons who are obviously quite racist too. They are just coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches because with the election of a black man, these bigoted people feel like they have lost some sort of "power". To be swept aside like the trash they utter.
oh boy!!!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Where does it say that?

Free Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free Republic is a moderated Internet forum, activist and chat site for self- described conservatives, primarily within the United States. ...
Work Right, Fly Hard

7324ever

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

With the way his poll numbers are tanking and unemployment is rising more and more people are thankfully realizing that he wasn't was he promised people he was.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

checkmark  very true people need to realize there are 2 sides too every argument. The media built him up to be god on a silver platter who will save the nation from the big bad BUSH  scared  But he is just another democrat in office he is nothing special sure he is African-American but that doesn't let him take the cake as amazing we live in a time were people are know able to live among each other when 80 years ago we were lynching blacks know we have one in office. Know I may not agree with Mr. Obamas policy I still respect him as president and you shouldn't be making out all conservatives as bad guys Falcon.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 18):

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 20):
You did look too quickly. If you can't see that he is introducing HIS staff than you need to get some new glasses!

You clearly are the one who needs more glasses he shows his hand for shaking and they shake Mendelevs(Sp?) hand but not Obamas  old 

I don't think the Obamas have any excuses for this. They are the ones who should be a bit more careful of their chidren's wearables and behaviour in public when they travel abroad. This is not holiday trips but official visits to other Heads of States.

Very true if it was vacation I can see those types of shirts but on a diplomatic visit they should not be walking around wearing shirts like that. Really need to watch the "Wardrobe malfunctions" when visiting especially different countries were people still se the Peace Sign as a way for Hippies to smoke pot in the 60s

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 24):

Im sorry but you can not legitimately quote wikipedia on some thing it is always changing and is not a valuable scorce

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 22):

Free Republic does not edit or censor user posts but does reserve the right to remove what it deems to be (in its own judgment) inappropriate posts or materials.
http://www.freerepublic.com/perl/register

That's pretty close, wouldn't you agree?

No I don't consider that pretty close that is from the direct web site that's being argued that is IT not close.  Wink

Quoting Pellegrine (Reply 23):
People of this type are not to be paid attention to. They are most likely poor, uneducated, jilted, marginalized, bitter, nasty persons who are obviously quite racist too. They are just coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches because with the election of a black man, these bigoted people feel like they have lost some sort of "power". To be swept aside like the trash they utter.

True racism should not stand at all and most of these people are from areas of the country who are still mad about slavery and still haven't gotten over it and cannot accept that we have a Black leader
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

dtwclipper

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 25):
You clearly are the one who needs more glasses he shows his hand for shaking and they shake Mendelevs

Sorry sweetie, but you are dead wrong. He is introducing HIS diplomatic staff.

No I don't consider that pretty close that is from the direct web site that's being argued that is IT not close.

What?  confused   confused 

dxing

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 24):

Where does it say that?

Free Republic is a moderated Internet forum, activist and chat site for self- described conservatives, primarily within the United States. ...

Ok, let me be more specific. Since we aren't talking about something that no longer exists, in which case Wikipedia might be an ok source, where on Free Republics website does it say that the forum is moderated by a staff? As I stated earlier, the website does reserve the right to remove any offensive material but no where that I can find on the website that is open to the public do they claim that it is moderated forum. Please be specific as to where on the website it says it is.

7324ever

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 26):

Sorry sweetie, but you are dead wrong. He is introducing HIS diplomatic staff.

Sorry the scene looked different to me I was wrong but Obama was introduces and his had was not shaked but its a stupid argument there is no way to control we are all entitled to are own opinion

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 26):

What? confused confused

I worded that one wrong my bad  Silly I ment to say that It is not close it is exact.
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

EA772LR

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Quoting Pellegrine (Reply 23):
People of this type are not to be paid attention to. They are most likely poor, uneducated, jilted, marginalized, bitter, nasty persons who are obviously quite racist too.

Why is it when anyone disagrees with Obama or his policies, they are immediately called racists? We are farther apart than we were in the 60s racially, and that is not the fault of Conservatives. Bush had more blacks working under him than Clinton or Obama, why is that never brought up? The real racists in politics are the ones always playing the race card, and last I checked, that wasn't many Conservatives.

Quoting Zentraedi (Reply 9):
Still, most of the people I know in real life who identify themselves as Republicans are nowhere near as bad as Freepers. On the other hand, it seems like many real life Democrats come closer to being democraticunderground types.

Absolutely agree  checkmark  I find this no more offensive than the crap spewed about Sarah Palin and her family.

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 10):
The next thing is that people have all these expectations that the economy and all our problems will be fixed by next week. THIS THING COULD TAKE YEARS PEOPLE. Oh and by the way, the last job loss reports show that those levels are at their lowest since January, just an after thought for you to research something before you post it

Oh please. I guess you're ok with my grandkids paying for Obama's spending?? What 10-20TRILLION dollars later, then maybe the economy will turn around? THAT'S unbelievable. What would the Democrats be saying if McCain were in office and running up a $1,000,000,000,000.00 in 1 year!!!!!!??????? I can only imagine. Or if unemployment were rocketing right up to 10% up to as high as 13%?? My gosh...

Back on topic:

very true people need to realize there are 2 sides too every argument. The media built him up to be god on a silver platter who will save the nation from the big bad BUSH scared But he is just another democrat in office he is nothing special sure he is African-American but that doesn't let him take the cake as amazing we live in a time were people are know able to live among each other when 80 years ago we were lynching blacks know we have one in office. Know I may not agree with Mr. Obamas policy I still respect him as president and you shouldn't be making out all conservatives as bad guys Falcon.

Agree  checkmark  The blog may have been done in poor taste, but it's a blog, nothing more. If you don't like what's on it, don't read it. But surely, we're not talking censorship here?
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

yowza

RE: Copy Of Free Republic Hate-Job On Mrs. Obama,

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 pm

I play video games on Xbox Live and it never ceases to amaze me just how much racism there is in that particular arena - particularly from American patrons. Just a couple nights ago I overheard something to the effect of "go f*ck yourself you f*cking c**n sh*t, you're probably a n***er or at least related to one. How'd you get the money for an xbox did you rob a liquor store or is that n***er Obama cutting you bigger welfare checks these days." What's sad is that these are people my age or younger who should know better. I guess if you give idiots a microphone and relative anonymity you're going to prompt them to share their deepest hidden sentiments.

YOWza

[Edited 2009-07-14 13:54:05]

7324ever

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 29):

Why is it when anyone disagrees with Obama or his policies, they are immediately called racists? We are farther apart than we were in the 60s racially, and that is not the fault of Conservatives. Bush had more blacks working under him than Clinton or Obama, why is that never brought up? The real racists in politics are the ones always playing the race card, and last I checked, that wasn't many Conservatives.

I agree with you 100000% every time I say I don't agree with him on immigration, foreign policy, or the war. I immediately get accused as a racist and no better than the KKK. Every body got so swept up on the Obama craze with the media and same with the Pailin craze. If TMZ was to say that Obama eats kittens for snacks and Mccain is old and senial and yells at parking meters naked in pink bath robes people would consider that more liable than Fox or CNN saying there real opinions on the details. Ever sence JFK who ever the media builds up or tears down follows that matter.

Oh please. I guess you're ok with my grandkids paying for Obama's spending?? What 10-20TRILLION dollars later, then maybe the economy will turn around? THAT'S unbelievable. What would the Democrats be saying if McCain were in office and running up a $1,000,000,000,000.00 in 1 year!!!!!!??????? I can only imagine. Or if unemployment were rocketing right up to 10% up to as high as 13%?? My gosh...

My opinion can mirror that perfectly just flat out ti the point.

Quoting YOWza (Reply 30):
I play video games on Xbox Live and it never ceases to amaze me just how much racism there is in that particular arena - particularly from American patrons. Just a couple nights ago I overheard something to the effect of "go f*ck yourself you f*cking c**n sh*t, you're probably a n***er or at least related to one. How'd you get the money for an xbox did you rob a liquor store or is that n***er Obama cutting you bigger welfare checks these days." What's sad is that these are people my age or younger who should know better. I guess if you give idiots a microphone and relative anonymity you're going to prompt them to share their deepest hidden sentiments.

YOWza

I have to admit Canadians are alot cleaner and more down to the point. On Halo evey time you take a kill you get called a N***** loving Obama man. and kids today think its cool to have tags that are incredibly offensive that say things like "Obama picks my cotton" witch is just sick and Microsoft refuses to take care of it. And 90% of these kids are just repeating what they hear from there parents and just think that its cool to be racist or when you hear stupid kids think that Jeffrey Dahmer is cool. One of my neighboors has a shirt that says Jeffery Dahmer is my Lord... It is just appuling

On a lighter note if you want to knock out some zombies or take out some idiots on Halo just send me a message!

yowza

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 31):
I have to admit Canadians are alot cleaner and more down to the point.

I play late night (Eastern) and most of the Canucks online are west coast potheads. I've actually never heard any such vulgarities from Canadian players. I don't doubt there are some but nothing like I hear on a nightly basis playing COD4.

YOWza

Dreadnought

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

On this there is no question. The kids are dressed horribly.

They are accompanying their father on official state visits. Even if they sneak off to do a little sightseeing on their own, they will be noticed, and must consider themselves as representatives of their country. They should be well-dressed and well groomed.

Some people might say, "Oh let the kids be kids". Sorry, but this is part of the price to pay when you run for high public office - your family WILL be scrutinized. Most people will be fine with leaving them alone, but they are effectively ambassadors of their parents.

The same could be said some 8 years ago when GW Bush's daughters were photographed falling down drunk at a college party. If you don't feel that your kids can live up to that standard, then don't run.
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

NIKV69

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:28 pm

L-188, there is something wrong with it. This was NOT criticism of policies. This was low-ball name-calling, of the worst kind, of a child and her mother.

Such as the treatment Palin and her daughter is getting from your side? I can't believe you posted this thread. You have to be kidding. If your side is going to attack people in the GOP you should realize it will happen to your party as well.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 33):
On this there is no question. The kids are dressed horribly.

So, of curse, that's the excuse needed to treat them like that, eh Charles?  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

7324ever

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 35):

So, of curse, that's the excuse needed to treat them like that, eh Charles? Yeah sure

He isn't treating them bad just pointing out that you cant dress like a tourist when your dad is the president and you pretty much a diplomat...

N867DA

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 pm

The same could be said some 8 years ago when GW Bush's daughters were photographed falling down drunk at a college party. If you don't feel that your kids can live up to that standard, then don't run.

Wearing clothes the general public would wear (what a sin!) and getting wasted at a college party are two different things. Anyone with half a working brain (to use one of your lines) will recognize that.

I wish they'd dress a little nicer, but it's not the end of the world. No one looks down on America's First Family for wearing the same style shirt and shorts that about three million French women wore the same day. Looking at it from another angle however, I have noticed that the Obamas often try to project this image of being an average American family. That's the reason why President Obama goes to these restaurants, orders off the menu, and pays cash...it's all for image.

I'll reserve my words of contempt for Mr. Obama's children if/when they do something genuinely stupid...
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

EA772LR

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 am

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 31):
If TMZ was to say that Obama eats kittens for snacks and Mccain is old and senial and yells at parking meters naked in pink bath robes people would consider that more liable than Fox or CNN saying there real opinions on the details.

checkmark   rotfl  Very funny...but also sad and true!

Quoting YOWza (Reply 30):
Just a couple nights ago I overheard something to the effect of "go f*ck yourself you f*cking c**n sh*t, you're probably a n***er or at least related to one. How'd you get the money for an xbox did you rob a liquor store or is that n***er Obama cutting you bigger welfare checks these days

That is disgraceful. Such unbelievably ignorant and classless things to say, no matter where you stand politically.  Sad

Yellowstone

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:06 am

Quoting N867DA (Reply 37):
No one looks down on America's First Family for wearing the same style shirt and shorts that about three million French women wore the same day.

More importantly, no one looks down on the First Daughter for wearing the same style shirt and shorts as millions of other eleven-year-old girls around the world.

They should be well-dressed and well groomed.

Which, by any reasonable standard for an eleven-year-old girl out in public in summer, she is.

Why is it when anyone disagrees with Obama or his policies, they are immediately called racists?

Not this again. Look, we're not calling you a racist, we're calling the Freepers who called Malia "ghetto trash" and posted "wonder when she'll get her first abortion" racist. Which they are.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

usair320

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:23 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

Now L-188, I usually agree with you on political topics, but it's over the top to say there is nothing wrong with the free republic posting. It's racism plain and simple. I am not saying Sotomayor's not a racist either; ), but racism is racism, no matter who it is directed at.

futurepilot16

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:39 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 34):
Such as the treatment Palin and her daughter is getting from your side?

Yea but no one called Palin anything racist. I admit that even I have said some bad things about Palin and her daughter, but never have I ever once thought about saying anything racist about them because a pregnant 18 yr old girl is not just a white issue, it's every body's issue in this country today. My problem with all the heat they're catching is that they're black and being made fun of because of it. "Obama picks my cotton"? how immature is that. No other president has suffered such immense racist attacks from anyone and it's a shame that the nomination of the country's first black president made it seem as though we've taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back in terms of racism. Then we have the nerve to tell every other country what proper human rights is.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

tsaord

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:44 am

Why didn't the GOP act like this while they held control of congress or during the election cycle. Majority of Americans voted for the current President. We gave Bush eight years yet Obama is expected to do so much in six months. People's expectations were just delusional.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

TheCol

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:46 am

Found this pretty much by accident

Yeah, we believe you...  Yeah sure
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

7324ever

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:20 am

Quoting TSAORD (Reply 42):
Why didn't the GOP act like this while they held control of congress or during the election cycle. Majority of Americans voted for the current President. We gave Bush eight years yet Obama is expected to do so much in six months. People's expectations were just delusional.

How dare you! Obama is 9000000000 times beter than bush and is the best thing to happen to the US since sliced bread! He is to do gods work in no time at all because he is a voice of change in this dark time that bush and only bush alone brought on *Sarcasm*

People need to get off the fact that all liberals cant blame every thing on bush its the same concept as the USSR blaming everything on the "West" you cant just keep doing it it is annoying and should stop.

Quoting TheCol (Reply 43):

Yeah, we believe you... Yeah sure

Yay more sarcasm
 cloudnine 

EA772LR

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Why didn't the GOP act like this while they held control of congress or during the election cycle. Majority of Americans voted for the current President.

Because we had (and no disrespect to his service) a luke warm conservative nominee John McCain, who refused to take the gloves off with Obama and call him out for what and who he really was.

We gave Bush eight years yet Obama is expected to do so much in six months.

We gave Bush eight years for what? You absolutely cannot blame Bush for the economy. The reasons for the collapse are a series of mistakes starting with the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 under, you guessed it, Jimmy Carter. Bush assumed a minor recession, then a full recession in 2001, then we exploded out of it, then the underlying issues finally started to surface and the Democrats used that to their advantage and thus we have Obama.

People's expectations were just delusional.

Those thinking we were going to have real change, real prosperity, dreamy foreign relations, and a peaceful planet via Obama were delusional.

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 39):
Not this again. Look, we're not calling you a racist, we're calling the Freepers who called Malia "ghetto trash" and posted "wonder when she'll get her first abortion" racist. Which they are.

Ok, I also agree that the blogs contents were done in very poor taste. But I don't think they were necessarily racially motivated. I think they were done out of the same kind of anger and contempt towards the Obamas, that the Left displays towards the Palins. If you look at it from that angle, they are no different from each other.

7324ever

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 45):
Because we had (and no disrespect to his service) a luke warm conservative nominee John McCain, who refused to take the gloves off with Obama and call him out for what and who he really was.

If he had done that then people would have realized obama is just another liberal who is here to blame everything on bush.

We gave Bush eight years for what? You absolutely cannot blame Bush for the economy. The reasons for the collapse are a series of mistakes starting with the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 under, you guessed it, Jimmy Carter. Bush assumed a minor recession, then a full recession in 2001, then we exploded out of it, then the underlying issues finally started to surface and the Democrats used that to their advantage and thus we have Obama.

The economic crisis is something that can be traced back a long time. But its just a phase that always happens every 10 years. Now were coming up at the end of the cycle and it should make this easier to get over. Obama is spending to much and taxing out the ass to make it "right" and at this rate we get communism!

Those thinking we were going to have real change, real prosperity, dreamy foreign relations, and a peaceful planet via Obama were delusional.

But Obama is better than god and can clean up the mess that is 100% bushes fault.  Silly  duck 

austinairport

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:10 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

Since when is just under 60% "tanking?"

Especially considering our "Hero", "G Dub" as I like to call him, his numbers were around 23%.

LOL.
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

PSA727

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Doesn't anyone remember the crap that was said about Sarah Palin and her family on THIS actual forum back in the summer??? My favorite came from the idiots who were insistant that Trig was actually Palin's grandson and that Bristol gave birth to him.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

dtwclipper

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 48):
Doesn't anyone remember the crap that was said about Sarah Palin and her family on THIS actual forum back in the summer??? My favorite came from the idiots who were insistant that Trig was actually Palin's grandson and that Bristol gave birth to him.

http://www.palinbabyquestion.com/

That was fun wasn't it?