MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Obama's Teleprompter Breaks In Mid-speech

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:31 am

Why does President Obama always need a teleprompter?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31897367/

WASHINGTON - "President Barack Obama had just started a spirited defense of his economic stimulus plan on Monday when one of his teleprompter screens came loose, crashed to the floor and shattered into pieces.

The gadget's fall surprised Obama, who uses a teleprompter during most speeches and even brief remarks. The glass plate displaying his speech hit the floor in the auditorium of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, a massive building within the White House compound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiow6...t%3D620422&feature=player_embedded
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

RE: Obama's Teleprompter Breaks In Mid-speech

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:47 am

Obama can't seem to be able to deliver speeches without a teleprompter.

Could he just not improvise or even memorize his speeches? Or he could have paper with notes on them.

He has already had this kind of incident it seems. I don't think this is new that he had a teleprompter breakdown during a speech.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

EI320

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 am

An embarrassing moment in time I'm sure

Yellowstone

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 2):

Could he just not improvise or even memorize his speeches? Or he could have paper with notes on them.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. Most politicians in recent memory use teleprompters, and to the extent that Obama uses them more often, it's probably because he feels he's more effective reading from a teleprompter rather than from notes on his podium, and as president he can always have access to a teleprompter if he likes. The speech is scripted in advance either way. And I sincerely hope he has better things to do with his time than memorize his speeches.

I'd be concerned if Obama had trouble speaking in non-speech format without a teleprompter, but he doesn't. True, he throws quite a few "umms" in there while he's putting together his response, but the content of the remarks is good.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

TransIsland

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Did anybody actually bother reading the story linked by the OP??

Quote:
To finish his 11-minute remarks calling for a new policy toward the nation's cities and metropolitan areas, he used notes and the remaining teleprompter screen.

I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

mt99

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm

He probably uses it to avoid saying things like "Bring it on!"  Smile
Step into my office, baby

L410Turbolet

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Obama kills a fly, Obama breaks a teleprompter, Obama stares at some (nice) ass... unbelievable what sort of "news" we are being fed.

D L X

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Where's Falcon with his "not this shit again" picture?

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 10):

Why get caught up with pesky things like the truth? Seriously TransIsland...  Silly

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 8):
True, he throws quite a few "umms" in there while he's putting together his response, but the content of the remarks is good.

I think we have stumbled across how an anemic president such as Bush 43 could get reelected - his followers are trained to be able to listen only to 6 second soundbites that are well rehearsed and coordinated across all members of the party to require the least amount of thought necessary for the listener to receive. They are thought free, which is why they parrot this idea that using a teleprompter is somehow bad.

michlis

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 13):
I think we have stumbled across how an anemic president such as Bush 43 could get reelected - his followers are trained to be able to listen only to 6 second soundbites that are well rehearsed and coordinated across all members of the party to require the least amount of thought necessary for the listener to receive. They are thought free, which is why they parrot this idea that using a teleprompter is somehow bad.

I agree, where is the "not this shit again" picture.  Yeah sure  crazy 
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.

Mir

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Big F-ing Deal.

Every major politician these days uses a teleprompter. Bush certainly couldn't have handled his teleprompter breaking mid-speech. Not that I fault him for that, since I don't expect my elected representatives to memorize their prepared speeches in their entirety.

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 6):
I'd be concerned if Obama had trouble speaking in non-speech format without a teleprompter, but he doesn't. True, he throws quite a few "umms" in there while he's putting together his response, but the content of the remarks is good.

And while the awkward pauses are, well, awkward, the content is much appreciated.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

futurepilot16

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Most speeches from presidents are from a teleprompter. How many times have we seen those messages from the oval office on the state of the country. Do you guys really think that they memorize a whole hour worth of a speech? But I guess it's fine that our new president gets scrutinized over everything. Nonetheless that is extremely embarassing.

Quoting Mir (Reply 15):
Every major politician these days uses a teleprompter. Bush certainly couldn't have handled his teleprompter breaking mid-speech.

That is true, the man is a natural orator and a good one at that.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

HAWK21M

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Use any medium to make your speech effective & perfect...Thats the key.
Why complain.
regds
MEL.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

NIKV69

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 1):

Your just learning that now?
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

captaink

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 8):

Quote:
To finish his 11-minute remarks calling for a new policy toward the nation's cities and metropolitan areas, he used notes and the remaining teleprompter screen.

I was wondering the same thing.

People are so dead set on finding all the possible faults with Obama that they don't even read entire articles. I mean come on. I clearly states that he said "Oh my god, sorry about that guys.." and continued his speech using his notes. SO how does this all change the price of sugar? How does that make him a terrible speaker? How many other presidents used teleprompters or at least notes?

Come one guys get over it. I too am a bit disappointed in how he has handled and is handling certain matters, as I had very high expectations of him. But after coming for an 8 period of crazy Bush, Obama seems like a piece of cake. What's more he is still 'new' as a president barely a few months.

Everyday is something else with the contra-Obama crew. (COC)
There is something special about planes....

mham001

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 pm

In context, we have to remember how we were told during the campaign how intelligent the man is and what a brilliant orator he is speaking off the cuff. That was the perception and this just illustrates that perception is not necessarily reality. That's all.

D L X

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Quoting Captaink (Reply 13):
Everyday is something else with the contra-Obama crew. (COC)

Hmmm... how do you pronounce that?  devil 

Moderators: it's just a joke.  Smile

KPDX

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Haha, so funny to see all the Obama supporters rush to his rescue whenever something funny/bad to him happens.  rotfl 
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

fxramper

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 17):
Haha, so funny to see all the Obama supporters rush to his rescue whenever something funny/bad to him happens.

Agreed.

Funny his crutch broke and he made fun of himself about it.  rotfl 

captaink

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 17):
Haha, so funny to see all the Obama supporters rush to his rescue whenever something funny/bad to him happens.

It's silly to see how those against Obama react to every little thing that happens. Teleprompter falls, he reverts to his notes = he is not eloquent, he is a terrible president, he was put into office by the rich, he can't speak from the mind.. All that was said on this thread, which is here because? The teleprompter fell. :S

Good Lord.

Quoting D L X (Reply 15):
Hmmm... how do you pronounce that? devil

Moderators: it's just a joke.

HAHA, leave it to the imagination.

Let me be clear, in some ways I find that Obama is not turning out to be all that he was imagined to be, but he also isn't as bad as some make him out to be. He has been in office for just a few months, but honestly he seems to be among the better of the recent presidents.

Falcon84

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 7):

Where's Falcon with his "not this shit again" picture?

Here I is!!

Quoting KPDX (Reply 17):

Uh, OK. His teleprompter fell. What's the big deal with that? He didn't make a big deal out of it, and went on with his speech. And I haven't seen anyone "rushing to his rescue" because of it. What IS the big deal?  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

KPDX

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 19):
What IS the big deal?

I just laugh because you know if the same thing happen to anyone else but a democrat, you guys would be for sure making a huge deal out of it, thats all. It's a double standard.
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

rfields5421

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Thread starter):
he Eisenhower Executive Office Building, a massive building within the White House compound.

The EOB is not located in the White House block, but across the street west of the White House.

rfields5421

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Because he is not as good an actor as our best teleprompter President Ronald Reagan.

D L X

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 20):
I just laugh because you know if the same thing happen to anyone else but a democrat, you guys would be for sure making a huge deal out of it, thats all.

Yeah sure

Right, because the last time a Republican broke a teleprompter, liberals made a big deal out of it. Can you point me to where that happened?

michlis

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 23):
Right, because the last time a Republican broke a teleprompter, liberals made a big deal out of it. Can you point me to where that happened?

The liberals wouldn't make a big deal out of it; the media has that angle covered.  Wink
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.

Falcon84

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 20):
I just laugh because you know if the same thing happen to anyone else but a democrat, you guys would be for sure making a huge deal out of it, thats all. It's a double standard.

Why would anyone make a big deal out of something falling to the floor? Did it stop the speech? Uh, no. Did it hurt anyone? Uh, no.

I don't care if it's Obama or Bush or McCain or Palin. If it happens, it happens. And if you're worried about a "double standard" when a telepropter falls to the floor, you're beyond reasonable human beings. Grow up a bit.
Work Right, Fly Hard

D L X

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 21):
The EOB is not located in the White House block, but across the street west of the White House.

Actually...

I'm looking out my window at the White House and the EOB. They are next door, both east of 17th Street and west of 15th Street. (The White House straddles where 16th Street would be.)

now, the NEW Executive Office Building is on the other side of Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House. Is that what you meant?

Quoting Michlis (Reply 24):
The liberals wouldn't make a big deal out of it; the media has that angle covered.

Which is why they've covered every time a conservative's teleprompter fell to the floor, right? What's your conspiracy theory on that? You can have the last word.

michlis

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 26):
Which is why they've covered every time a conservative's teleprompter fell to the floor, right?

You're splitting hairs. That's like looking for the identical set of facts in another case to prove your own case instead of relying on the precedent set in a previous case. By the way, you did forget one portion of that quote:

Quoting KPDX (Reply 20):
It's a double standard.

Can you objectively tell me there is not.

What's your conspiracy theory on that?

I'm not a personal injury lawyer.

You can have the last word.

We'll see.

fxramper

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Quoting KPDX (Reply 20):
Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 19):
What IS the big deal?

flamed 

EA772LR

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Well he stumbles without his teleprompters because he doesn't memorize his speeches for one, and secondly, he doesn't really believe in the nonsense he's saying, which is why he can't recover well at all. I personally got a kick out of the one where he was reading the wrong speech and didn't even realize it!  rotfl 

Quoting D L X (Reply 7):

You mean like the Obama Zombies who would walk off a cliff if Obama said it was good for them:

We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

D L X

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 29):
You mean like the Obama Zombies who would walk off a cliff if Obama said it was good for them:

Well, these zombies as you call them clearly can understand a speech that lasts longer than 6 seconds.

Obama Zombies: 1
Bush Lemmings: 0

Falcon84

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Well he stumbles without his teleprompters because he doesn't memorize his speeches for one, and secondly, he doesn't really believe in the nonsense he's saying, which is why he can't recover well at all. I personally got a kick out of the one where he was reading the wrong speech and didn't even realize it!

Unbelievable.

And the sorry fact is, you believe the nonsense you're typing on here. I certianly won't dignify those made up photos, that you put down to support your "facts". And this is the most I'll dignify what you wrote above.

Absolute ignorance.
Work Right, Fly Hard

EA772LR

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:10 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 30):
Well, these zombies as you call them clearly can understand a speech that lasts longer than 6 seconds.

Obama Zombies: 1
Bush Lemmings: 0

That's a pretty broad statement to claim that all conservatives are ignorant. A major voting block in the Dem. Party is highly uneducated. Both parties have their intellectuals and idiots.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 31):
And the sorry fact is, you believe the nonsense you're typing on here. I certianly won't dignify those made up photos, that you put down to support your "facts". And this is the most I'll dignify what you wrote above.

The pictures were in fun. Get over yourself already. Don't you post the notorious 'Not this $hit Again' photo...it's all in fun!! Chill!!

D L X

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 32):
That's a pretty broad statement to claim that all conservatives are ignorant.

Those were not my words.

7324ever

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 31):

Absolute ignorance.

Like he said CALM DOWN! its just a light harded picture and a grat way to prove a point!

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 32):
That's a pretty broad statement to claim that all conservatives are ignorant. A major voting block in the Dem. Party is highly uneducated. Both parties have their intellectuals and idiots.

Q

Well of course we are I mean were the only ones who know how to back what were saying and not make brash statements when we are  boxedin 

Well he stumbles without his teleprompters because he doesn't memorize his speeches for one, and secondly, he doesn't really believe in the nonsense he's saying, which is why he can't recover well at all. I personally got a kick out of the one where he was reading the wrong speech and didn't even realize it! rotfl

HAHAHAHA!!!  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

That is amazing and made my day! The sad part is it is true and has a deeper meaning than "All Obama supporters are Zombies" because they blindly follow him like lemmings and the media sucks that up like a drug addict in a Columbian cocaine factory.
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

Falcon84

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 34):
Like he said CALM DOWN! its just a light harded picture and a grat way to prove a point!

And then, further down, you say...

That is amazing and made my day! The sad part is it is true and has a deeper meaning than "All Obama supporters are Zombies" because they blindly follow him like lemmings and the media sucks that up like a drug addict in a Columbian cocaine factory.

Thanks for shooting your cred to hell with those two statements. Next.
Work Right, Fly Hard

stasisLAX

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Quoting Captaink (Reply 13):
People are so dead set on finding all the possible faults with Obama that they don't even read entire articles. I mean come on.

Big version: Width: 267 Height: 450 File size: 60kb
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

EA772LR

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Guys I don't know why this thread is getting so heated. I posted some pics IN FUN! Some guys on here dish out a lot towards conservatives, we're just dishing a little back.  box 

Back on topic, I really believe that Obama stumbles so much without his tele because like i said, he doesn't memorize them, and 2 because I honestly believe he doesn't know much about the contents of his speech. From community organizer, to a brief brief brief stint in the Senate, to the POTUS. Do we really expect Obama to have a full grasp on all the issues surrounding us? No freaking way!  no 

Falcon84

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 38):
Back on topic, I really believe that Obama stumbles so much without his tele because like i said, he doesn't memorize them, and 2 because I honestly believe he doesn't know much about the contents of his speech.

You do realize that 1) most people don't memorize a speech, and 2) that Obama writes a good deal of the material that he speaks about, especially for a major speech?

Fact is, he DOES have a good grasp of the issues. Just because you don't agree with his stance on issues doesn't mean he doesn't understand them. He does. Far more than our last president, that's for sure.

Again, you contradict yourself by saying in the first sentence to lighten up, then you reheat the fire with your rhetoric in the last paragraph. Again, it blows your cred all to hell.
Work Right, Fly Hard

7324ever

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 39):
You do realize that 1) most people don't memorize a speech, and 2) that Obama writes a good deal of the material that he speaks about, especially for a major speech?

When I give a speech I try to memorize it and I can but he DOES pay people to write his own speeches and they work like bands. When they write a song its a best seller but when they contact it out and buy it from song writers it just is a CD filler. Same case with presidents.

Fact is, he DOES have a good grasp of the issues. Just because you don't agree with his stance on issues doesn't mean he doesn't understand them. He does. Far more than our last president, that's for sure.

Know here YOU go contradicting you self. You say that obamas speeches are all correct and you agree with them and there all well thought out and orgasmic. then you say the exact opposite about Bush, thats not agreeing with him and your using the same logic we are and trying to pass it a flame topper. So dont try to do that and get mad at us for contradictory thingy s when you do it.

Next.
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

Phoenix9

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Can everyone just Calm The F**k Down!

Here, use this:

Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

PPVRA

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Weirder question is why he's having so many teleprompter moments. Can't they get the damn things right?
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

vikkyvik

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:45 pm

This thread is hilarious. Makes for some great reading when I'm taking a break from working.

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 39):
When they write a song its a best seller but when they contact it out and buy it from song writers it just is a CD filler. Same case with presidents.

Hah, do you know the sheer volume of top 40 hits that were NOT written by the singer/band?

Probably not the best analogy to use.

then you say the exact opposite about Bush, thats not agreeing with him and your using the same logic we are and trying to pass it a flame topper.

He said Bush didn't have a good grasp of the issues. Nothing about agreeing with him or not.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

EA772LR

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Again, you contradict yourself by saying in the first sentence to lighten up, then you reheat the fire with your rhetoric in the last paragraph. Again, it blows your cred all to hell.

Huh?? Once again Falcon84, see Phoenix9's post and read the directions very carefully. It worked for me  Wink

Quoting Phoenix9 (Reply 40):
Can everyone just Calm The F**k Down!

Here, use this:

I love it!  rotfl 

captaink

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 pm

I personally got a kick out of the one where he was reading the wrong speech and didn't even realize it! rotfl

Wasn't that the case with the Irish PM. That was indeed funny. But hey the Irish PM started it, he got way into a speech Obama just gave.. LOL

The sad part is it is true and has a deeper meaning than "All Obama supporters are Zombies" because they blindly follow him like lemmings and the media sucks that up like a drug addict in a Columbian cocaine factory.

As are all those who are dead set against him sometimes without reason. I gotta hand it to Bush, the majority were simply against him coming to the end of this term, no complication there.. Big grin

Klaus

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 pm

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 14):
In context, we have to remember how we were told during the campaign how intelligent the man is and what a brilliant orator he is speaking off the cuff. That was the perception and this just illustrates that perception is not necessarily reality. That's all.

The scene just actually didn't show anything like that, even though that's apparently what you expected. He simply went on and held his speech.

He also regularly speaks freely without a script, not least during his press conferences where he exposes himself to questions for extensive periods of time. And his level of eloquence is not significantly below his scripted appearances which simply means that:

a) He actually is rather eloquent on his own.

b) He does indeed grasp the issues.

c) He can think on his feet.

This whole obsession of the obamaphobes with their imaginary "teleprompter issue" is utterly made up, inconsistent with information everybody has easy access to and is an embarrassment only to those who keep peddling it.

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 37):
Back on topic, I really believe that Obama stumbles so much without his tele because like i said, he doesn't memorize them

It's called thinking on your feet. You should try it sometimes, especially in a Q&A situation about complex issues. Obama is quite eloquent and intellectually coherent even under these circumstances, but his sentence construction doesn't always keep up with the ideas he's trying to get across.

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 37):
Do we really expect Obama to have a full grasp on all the issues surrounding us? No freaking way!

You may not expect that, but anybody can check his interviews and press conferences: They show that in fact he does have a rather good grasp on a wide range of issues.

When I give a speech I try to memorize it and I can but he DOES pay people to write his own speeches and they work like bands.

And in some bands the lead singer does most of the songwriting. From all accounts Obama writes much of his speeches himself as well.

And especially when presenting a text which you've been working at for some length of time, it can be tricky avoiding to fall into the memory of an earlier draft which you had modified afterwards. Written notes (and a teleprompter isn't anything else in essence) can be quite useful to stick to the final polished version, especially when you care about wording and precise structure.

Falcon84

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 45):
When I give a speech I try to memorize it and I can but he DOES pay people to write his own speeches and they work like bands.

And in some bands the lead singer does most of the songwriting

Plus, I imagine there's a difference between memorizing a 5-minute song, which most of us can do-and a 50-minutes speech to a Joint Session of Congress.

I doubt 7324ever has ever tried that. I haven't, and I doubt, like all of us, he couldn't memorize it. Not a good comparison.
Work Right, Fly Hard

rfields5421

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 46):
Plus, I imagine there's a difference between memorizing a 5-minute song, which most of us can do-and a 50-minutes speech to a Joint Session of Congress.

One of the biggest problems any of our recent Presidents have is that the speeches are constantly being revised up until a few moments before they are given. If he gets 10 clean minutes before the speech to study the script - he is lucky. He is doubly lucky if there are not changes in that last 10 minutes.

The speech he gives has to match the copy passed out to the press a few minutes before the President speaks.

Technology has made this worse for the President. Back before computers, the production process actually gave the President time to study the speech. Not today when several speech writers will be responsible for only one or two pages each.

Most of the time when you read a story about the President's speeches, the story is written either while the speech is being given or just before the speech from the advance copy. The reporters seldom work from the actual spoken words of the President.

News organizations will take the advance copy, decide which sound bites you will hear in the story and be ready to go on the air the moment the speech is completed.

If the president goes "off script", the reporters and their editors/ producers/ directors are upset. Any time the president goes significantly off script - the initial stories will be negative.

ltbewr

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:10 am

I believe that when someone is the President, the use of a teleprompter is probably the best way to make sure they state the policy and what could be official positions clearly, with accuracy and to prevent any possible misstatements that could cause serious poltical and governmental problems.

7324ever

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:47 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 42):

Ok your right granted its not the best comparison its all I could really think of.

I doubt 7324ever has ever tried that. I haven't, and I doubt, like all of us, he couldn't memorize it. Not a good comparison.

Sorry I haven't had a need for a 50 minute speech. But if I did I would try my best tp memorize a lot of the filler of it not and put down the key points down on note card not just read it off a teleprompter. That is at least what obama should be doing/should have done. Like Klaus said we are relying to much on technology and should go back to the basics. When Nixon gave the Checkers speech he was doing it from memory and note card not teleprompters.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 48):
I believe that when someone is the President, the use of a teleprompter is probably the best way to make sure they state the policy and what could be official positions clearly, with accuracy and to prevent any possible misstatements that could cause serious poltical and governmental problems.

Same can be done with note cards.

It's called thinking on your feet. You should try it sometimes, especially in a Q&A situation about complex issues. Obama is quite eloquent and intellectually coherent even under these circumstances, but his sentence construction doesn't always keep up with the ideas he's trying to get across.

Just a general observation but I noticed that when s democrat speaks they talk at you in a loud way that just stabs it into you but when a conservative talks they talk to you not at you and are somebody who is relatable.