7324ever
Topic Author

Ed Shultz Vs Rush Limbaugh?

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:47 am

I could not find any posts on this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0...hultz-challenges-rus_n_234594.html

Ed wants to throw in down with agruabley the conservative king Rush Limbaugh.

Who would win?

My money is on Limbaugh just because I am a fan.

But Shultz is his Liberal counterpart so it would be interesting too see.
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

UAXDXer

RE: Ed Shultz Vs Rush Limbaugh?

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am

Rush would tear him up... Sholtz is dying to have just a tiny fraction of Limbaugh's ratings.
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:42 am

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 1):
Rush would tear him up... Sholtz is dying to have just a tiny fraction of Limbaugh's ratings.

Then again, Ed Schultz is not the leading figurehead and voice for his party. Not a good situation for a party when a blowhard radio host serves as that...
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Mir

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:09 am

Quoting 7324ever (Thread starter):
Who would win?

How about them both self-destructing? I'd really like to see that.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

max550

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:50 am

How long has Ed Schultz been on TV? I remember listening to him 7 or 8 years ago on the radio but I haven't heard him in years.
I'm not too familiar with him but I doubt he would have much problem debating Limbaugh, as long as they were both given time and couldn't talk over each other.

StarAC17

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 4):
How long has Ed Schultz been on TV? I remember listening to him 7 or 8 years ago on the radio but I haven't heard him in years.

I have seen him as a guest for the past couple of years on MSNBC and CNN but has only had his own show for the past few months and there is not that much special about the show.

As for a debate it would be rather pointless because each side would claim their guy won it. The big difference between the two is that Schultz makes and effort to engage rational conservatives who disagree with him where as far as I know Limbaugh hardly does it if ever and when he does he gets all mad like an immature teenager who is on Oxycontin.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

UAXDXer

Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:29 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 2):
Then again, Ed Schultz is not the leading figurehead and voice for his party. Not a good situation for a party when a blowhard radio host serves as that...

Rush is not the figure head of the GOP... that's just something liberals tell themselves to feel better about themselves.

futurepilot16

Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:41 am

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 1):
Rush would tear him up

That's why they should give him a muzzle. Looks like he gained a few pounds. Honestly, they should toss me in there with Limbaugh. I'd show what good ol' fashioned conservative liberalism is all about. He annoys me anytime he even speaks
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

austinairport

Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:44 am

Rush can rot in hell.

But yeah. He would win.
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

UAXDXer

Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:58 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 7):
Looks like he gained a few pounds.

.... and that has to do with what? All hate, no substance!

futurepilot16

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 am

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 9):

Has to do with the fact that he wants Obama not to succeed, but it doesn't seem like he can succeed at shedding a few Lbs.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

kc135topboom

Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 4):
I'm not too familiar with him but I doubt he would have much problem debating Limbaugh, as long as they were both given time and couldn't talk over each other.

If you are not familiar with Shultz, why do you think he would have no problem with Rush?

That's why they should give him a muzzle. Looks like he gained a few pounds.

Many Americans and Europeans have trouble with weight control. That includes Micheal Moore, who always seems to look like he hasn't taken a bath/shower in years.  vomit 

Honestly, they should toss me in there with Limbaugh. I'd show what good ol' fashioned conservative liberalism is all about.

Go right ahead, my young friend.

He annoys me anytime he even speaks

Then don't listen to him.

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 10):
Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 9):

Has to do with the fact that he wants Obama not to succeed, but it doesn't seem like he can succeed at shedding a few Lbs.

I also want BHO's administration to fail. It seems BHO is doing that with his $1T + health care (Obamacare) program, and no idea how to pay for the full bill (so far he or Congress wants tax increases that will only pay for 40%, according to the CBO).

The dems side had n o problem with wanting the Bush Administration to fail.

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 5):
The big difference between the two is that Schultz makes and effort to engage rational conservatives who disagree with him where as far as I know Limbaugh hardly does it if ever and when he does he gets all mad like an immature teenager who is on Oxycontin.

Good one. You do know Rush has been off pain killers, like oxycontin, for years now, don't you? he is free from that addition. BTW, Rush does debate liberals everyday on his radio show. Go ahead and call him, always moves Libs to the head of the line, and is always very polite with them.

7324ever
Topic Author

Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 11):
Many Americans and Europeans have trouble with weight control. That includes Micheal Moore, who always seems to look like he hasn't taken a bath/shower in years. vomit

He makes his movies like him. Terrible, smelly, and gross  yuck   vomit 

Good one. You do know Rush has been off pain killers, like oxycontin, for years now, don't you? he is free from that addition. BTW, Rush does debate liberals everyday on his radio show. Go ahead and call him, always moves Libs to the head of the line, and is always very polite with them.

Polite like a starving lion is polite to a zebra  beady 

I think shultz has the liberal mindset that 90% do but has the balls to speak his mind witch I respect him for but I am far from a fan.

Limbaugh is by far the winner he has the debate skills he always does and determination. He is a brute in debates
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

kc135topboom

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 12):
Many Americans and Europeans have trouble with weight control. That includes Micheal Moore, who always seems to look like he hasn't taken a bath/shower in years. vomit

He makes his movies like him. Terrible, smelly, and gross

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Limbaugh is by far the winner he has the debate skills he always does and determination. He is a brute in debates

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

I think shultz has the liberal mindset that 90% do but has the balls to speak his mind witch I respect him for but I am far from a fan.

Shultz is the light weight showing up for the heavy weight championship fight.  white   white   white 

Mir

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Has he ever actually had a debate?

-Mir

D L X

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:51 pm

I find the people who say with knee-jerk precision that Rush would win the debate funny.

When was the last time Rush was in a debate? If it were an actual debate, Rush would get his clock cleaned because he's never actually done it before. I don't care who the opponent is. The only way he "wins" arguments on his show is because he cuts off people's mikes. (Actually, these days, people with opposing viewpoints don't even make it to the mike.)

kc135topboom

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):
Has he ever actually had a debate?

Quoting D L X (Reply 15):
I find the people who say with knee-jerk precision that Rush would win the debate funny.

When was the last time Rush was in a debate? If it were an actual debate, Rush would get his clock cleaned because he's never actually done it before. I don't care who the opponent is. The only way he "wins" arguments on his show is because he cuts off people's mikes. (Actually, these days, people with opposing viewpoints don't even make it to the mike.)

Rush has debated those with the Democratic party point of view many times. He has been on Larry King, CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and others.

D L X

Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 16):
Rush has debated those with the Democratic party point of view many times. He has been on Larry King, CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and others.

When? Specifically, when has he been on MSNBC?

What did he debate?

Mir

Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:35 pm

He has been on Larry King, CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and others.

Larry King comes closest, but I don't consider any of those to be forums for debate.

-Mir

STT757

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 pm

How about a hot dog eating contest, these guys are way past obese.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

7324ever
Topic Author

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 19):

I think if Michael Moore found out there was a hot dog political debate him and Rosie o Donnell would charter the next An-225 to DC (Actually they would both need separates)  duck 

Rush has been in a few debates with people and I won't be the first to admit he does play dirty (Turn off mics and stuff) But if he was to sit in a formal debate *Witch im sure he has at one point* He could tear some people to shreds  mischievous 

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=0&oq=rush+limbaugh+de

Has some of his debates listed but alot of it is his media convoy following his challenges to Obama.

Mir

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 20):
I think if Michael Moore found out there was a hot dog political debate him and Rosie o Donnell would charter the next An-225 to DC (Actually they would both need separates)

Too bad - only one of the planes in existence.

But if he was to sit in a formal debate *Witch im sure he has at one point*

I don't believe he has. Appearing on TV news stations doesn't count - I'm talking about a proper debate with a moderator, time limits, etc.

-Mir

DLPMMM

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Never heard of Ed Schultz. Any relation to Charles Shultz? I always liked the Snoopy cartoons in the funny papers.

Mir

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 22):
Never heard of Ed Schultz.

Democratic radio talk show host, who now also appears on MSNBC. I don't listen to his show much, because I have better stuff to do with my life, but I did like it better than Al Franken's show back when he had one (I listened to half of a show and that was enough for me).

-Mir

7324ever
Topic Author

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 21):

An-124 I get confuzled

Thanks for catching the mistake

Quoting Mir (Reply 21):
I don't believe he has. Appearing on TV news stations doesn't count - I'm talking about a proper debate with a moderator, time limits, etc.

I honestly do not think he has been in a "Formal" debate. But he has sat down with some senators and governors and/or had them on his show and covered some controversial topics like Immigration, War, abortion, ect...

D L X

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 24):
But he has sat down with some senators and governors

Who?? More importantly, which Democrats? It's immaterial what brown-nosers came on his show.

kc135topboom

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 17):

When? Specifically, when has he been on MSNBC?

What did he debate?

Why do I always have to find information for you? Don't you know how to Google?

Quoting Mir (Reply 18):
Larry King comes closest, but I don't consider any of those to be forums for debate.

Perhaps your right, Larry's program does come on after his (Larry's) bedtime.

Quoting STT757 (Reply 19):

I think if Michael Moore found out there was a hot dog political debate him and Rosie o Donnell would charter the next An-225 to DC

Quoting Mir (Reply 21):
I think if Michael Moore found out there was a hot dog political debate him and Rosie o Donnell would charter the next An-225 to DC (Actually they would both need separates)

Oh, that would be one hell of a food fight to see who gets to fly on it first.

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 22):
Never heard of Ed Schultz. Any relation to Charles Shultz? I always liked the Snoopy cartoons in the funny papers.

No relation. Charles had both talent and intellegence.

Quoting D L X (Reply 25):
Quoting 7324ever (Reply 24):
But he has sat down with some senators and governors

Who?? More importantly, which Democrats?

There you go again, asking how to find stuff. Look it up

D L X

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 26):

When YOU make a claim, YOU must back it up with facts. I will not do YOUR work for you. Capiche?

Ken777

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 6):
Rush is not the figure head of the GOP

Actually I always thought of him as one of the back room fat cats with a cigar. The difference for him is that he can tell the party heads what to do while making tens of millions a year.

You do know Rush has been off pain killers

We assume he has. I doubt if he goes to NA - those people would be below him.

And he does eat well. Throw in his major overweight problem with his Type A personality and you have some real medical problems. Guy is going to pop a stroke or have a heart attack and his mouth or money won't help him then.

kc135topboom

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:02 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 27):

When YOU make a claim, YOU must back it up with facts. I will not do YOUR work for you. Capiche?

Can't find it, can you?

7324ever
Topic Author

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:49 am

1.) Don't say "Capiche" it kind of died in the 20s

and

2.) Take my word or just as easily google/yahoo/bing it or go to youtube and type in "Rush Limbaugh -senator,governor,w/e- you will be surprised what comes up

Oh, that would be one hell of a food fight to see who gets to fly on it first.

Rosie has the money but Moore will threaten to make a 9/11 conspiracy involving the Russians that own the jet, Rosie, and Canada. If he dosent get to go first.

D L X

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 29):

Can't find it, can you?

Do you even know what you're asking?

Your claim (7324ever's claim): Rush Limbaugh has sat down with Senators in the context of a debate.

My question: which ones, specifically which Democrats?

Your response: go look it up yourself.

So... if I can't find it, then you realize that means it shows that I am right, correct?

This would be a good time for you to stop hiding the ball, and tell us what you know. Put up or shut up.

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 30):
Take my word or just as easily google/yahoo/bing it or go to youtube and type in "Rush Limbaugh -senator,governor,w/e- you will be surprised what comes up

Naw dude, there are thousands of hits. If you know something, say it. But your fear of saying it shows all of us that you actually don't know of any democrats that have sat down with Rush on his show.

kc135topboom

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 31):
So... if I can't find it, then you realize that means it shows that I am right, correct?

No, it does not. It means you don't know how to use the internet.

This would be a good time for you to stop hiding the ball, and tell us what you know. Put up or shut up.

Still can't find it?

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 30):
Take my word or just as easily google/yahoo/bing it or go to youtube and type in "Rush Limbaugh -senator,governor,w/e- you will be surprised what comes up

Naw dude, there are thousands of hits. If you know something, say it. But your fear of saying it shows all of us that you actually don't know of any democrats that have sat down with Rush on his show.

Okay, 7324ever actually TOLD you where to look. Apparently you either cannot look for yourself, or you are in denial, again?

D L X

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 32):
Still can't find it?

Nope, and since you won't share it, I have no reason to believe you have it either.

Put up or shut up.