Top 10 Conspiracy Theories

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:58 pm

1. 9/11 was Planned by the US Government
2. John F. Kennedy’s Assasination
3. Princess Diana was Murdered by the Royal Family
4. Jewish World Domination
5. Apollo Moon Landing Hoax
6. Pearl Harbor Was Allowed to Happen
7. Obama is not eligible to be President.
8. Roswell, Area 51
9. AIDS Is a Man-Made Disease/HIV does not cause AIDS, etc.

I'll leave 10 open for the rest of you to add your best ideas.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

michlis

RE: Top 10 Conspiracy Theories

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:03 pm

10. Sara and Todd Palin to divorce...probably doesn't count since it was debunked.  stirthepot 
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.

dtwclipper

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Quoting Michlis (Reply 1):
10. Sara and Todd Palin to divorce...probably doesn't count since it was debunked

We'll see.  duck   duck 

Bookies Giving Odds On Palin Divorce

http://lezgetreal.com/?p=20095
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Vega9000

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Holocaust never happened

banghead   banghead   banghead 
Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.

MSNDC9

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Quoting Vega9000 (Reply 3):
Holocaust never happened

#1 right there.

Kiwirob

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Thread starter):

I think this one has some legs and could be possible. There could have been more than one shooter if you believe the eyewitness reports:

Thirty-five witnesses who were present at the shooting thought that shots were fired from in front of the President — from the area of the Grassy Knoll or Triple Underpass — while 56 eyewitnesses thought the shots came from the Depository, or at least in that direction, behind the President, and 5 witnesses thought that the shots came from two directions. By another account[6], sixty-four of the known ninety witnesses indicated that the shots originated from ahead of the motorcade. This number represents nearly two-thirds of witnesses whose accounts appeared published in the Warren Report or contemporaneous news accounts.

Nellie Connally was sitting in the presidential car next to her husband, Governor John Connally. In her book From Love Field: Our Final Hours, Connally was adamant that her husband was hit by a bullet that was separate from the two that hit Kennedy.

Roy Kellerman, a U.S. Secret Service Agent, testified that, "Now, in the seconds that I talked just now, a flurry of shells come into the car." Kellerman said that he saw a 5-inch diameter hole in the back right-hand side of the President’s head.

Lee Bowers was operating a railroad interlocking tower, overlooking the parking lot just north of the grassy knoll and west of the Texas School Book Depository. He reported that he saw two men behind the picket fence at the top of the grassy knoll before the shooting. However, the men had moved in front of the fence by the time the motorcade went by and the shooting occurred.

Clint Hill, the Secret Service Agent who was sheltering the President with his body on the way to the hospital, described "The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car." Later, to a National Geographic documentary film crew, he described the large defect in the skull as "gaping hole above his right ear, about the size of my palm."

Robert McClelland, a physician in the emergency room who observed the head wound, testified that the back right part of the head was blown out with posterior cerebral tissue and some of the cerebellar tissue was missing. The size of the back head wound, according to his description, indicated it was an exit wound, and that a second shooter from the front delivered the fatal head shot.

Ike Altgens, the AP photographer who snapped a famous photo of Kennedy reacting to the first bullet hit, was positioned on the south side of Elm Street across from the Grassy Knoll. According to Altgen, when the president's car was directly between him and the knoll, the fatal gunshot struck, "sending substance in my direction". In accordance with the laws of physics, Altgen's statement would indicate that the fatal shot was fired from the general vicinity around or behind the grassy knoll.

ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy...racy_theories#More_than_one_gunman

futurepilot16

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:39 pm

I'll leave 10 open for the rest of you to add your best ideas.

The U.S. gov't is planning a new world order with the world's largest banks  biggrin .
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

globeex

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Pearl Harbor Was Allowed to Happen

I wouldn't call this a conspiracy theory. It counts as proven that one of the most important navy consultants did actually now of it, or was quite sure that it would happen.
If Roosevelt did exactly know what was going to happen, remains discussion.

I wouldn't really call it Conspiracy theory, but rather a still ongoing controversy
As you may presently yourself be fully made aware of, my grammar sucks.

MadameConcorde

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:50 pm

The biggest one I can think of is "9/11 was an inside job".

Lady Di being murdered by the Royal Family is not bad either.

How about Saddam's so-called Weapons of Mass Destruction?
Could this qualify as a Conspiracy Theory?
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

speedygonzales

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 pm

The biggest (and most dangerous) of them all:
Global warming not happening and/or not man made.
Las Malvinas son Argentinas

MSNDC9

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Quoting SpeedyGonzales (Reply 9):
The biggest (and most dangerous) of them all:

It would be even more dangerous if it is not happening and is not man made due to the associated economic harm.

rfields5421

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:17 pm

JFK is #1

Others -

Bill Clinton ordered Ron Brown's death and oversaw the manipulation of NAVAIDS in Croatia to cause the crash.

John F Kennedy, Jr. was shot down by the US Navy to prevent him from becoming president and revealing the truth about JFK's death.

7324ever

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:21 pm

TWA 800, EgyptAir 990 caused by the US government! Well of course they were I mean ALL the proof is there!!! *Sarcasm*

All a conspiracy theory is is made by some old fat guy who never pays his taxes and hates the government and biches and blames all his problems on the government and take all the "Inconsistencies" of something and pile them up and roll them into one giant roll of crap called a conspiracy theory!
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:23 pm

How about TWA Flight 800 being shot down by an errant missile?

rfields5421

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 12):
All a conspiracy theory is is made by some old fat guy who never pays his taxes and hates the government and biches and blames all his problems on the government and take all the "Inconsistencies" of something and pile them up and roll them into one giant roll of crap called a conspiracy theory!

Not always. I live in Dallas and have seen most of the 'evidence' and talked to many of the people supporting the JFK theories.

Conspiracy theories are BIG BUSINESS - supporting million dollar incomes and many highend lifestyles.

Fly2HMO

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:41 pm

What about the one looney a while back saying the planes flying into the WTC and Pentagon were equipped with missile pods  Yeah sure

GDB

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Well they are all bollocks, even the 'acceptable face of conspiracy theory', JFK.
Note when that film came out in 1991, the director, the not all heavy drinking, grass chuffing, magic mushroom chomping Oliver Stone, claimed it was an accurate version.
Now? It's a 're-imaging'. A downgrade, not a 'Director's Cut'.

You have to just apply the 'Watergate Test'.
A tawdry, low rent, attempt at political espionage, as part of a general smear campaign, was exposed.
How many were in on it? Very few, unlike all these 'theories'.
But it still got exposed, by only a few (literally) people in the pre internet age.

So, here we have a REAL bit of plotting, but it's exposed and fells a President, less than two years after he won a landslide.
See where this is going, how the hell do these supposed HUGE plots...........?
Enough said.

Most cover ups by those in power, in democracies at least, are in fact panicked attempts to cover tracks and spin when a mistake is made.
What gets them is the attempt at deception, rarely the thing they were trying to avoid any scrutiny on.

MadameConcorde

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Quoting Canadi>n (Reply 13):

ooohhh... I had a dear most friend on that flight. Almost like a twin brother...
I did not know anyone else as genuine as him in my whole life.
RIP Marcel Dadi..

You are right. Big time conspiracy theory on TWA 800.
The aircraft hit by a misile and all...

It hurts every time I hear about it.  crying   crying   crying 

YYZflyer

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 15):
What about the one looney a while back saying the planes flying into the WTC and Pentagon were equipped with missile pods

Don't forget that a missle actually hit the Pentagon not an AA 757.  Yeah sure

It's really unfortunate that the security tapes at the pentagon only took pics every second or so.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

tz757300

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:53 pm

10. HE'S STILL ALIVE!!!!

[Edited 2009-08-05 13:08:54]
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

MadameConcorde

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:55 pm

Quoting TZ757300 (Reply 19):
10. HE'S STILL ALIVE!!!!

Who? OBL?  Confused

YYZflyer

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Quoting TZ757300 (Reply 19):
10. HE'S STILL ALIVE!!!!

Who's alive in the form of a red X?
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

garnetpalmetto

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 21):

Based on the source of the image - Elvis, I believe.

Here's a #10 - a rather old one - water fluoridation is an evil plot
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

GDB

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 17):
You are right. Big time conspiracy theory on TWA 800.

In that case you should give up flying, because that would requite the National Transportation Safety Board to have taken part in a massive plot.
Given the role they play in the safety of the world's airline fleet, logically you should avoid flying, since they are tainted.
Boeing too, as well as other safety agencies with an interest.

Of course, in my work I only encountered various mods and fixes to airliners, not just 747's but aging aircraft in general, as a result of the physical evidence of TWA800.
Indeed, it was part of the extra package of work that BA and AF were given for Concorde in early 2003, that $40 million extra that was a factor in it's retirement.

MadameConcorde

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:22 pm

An old one.

Paul Mc Cartney is dead.
The current one is just a look-alike.

Big grin

ShyFlyer

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:52 pm

Vaccinations being used to facilitate mind control.
I lift things up and put them down.

garnetpalmetto

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 25):
Vaccinations being used to facilitate mind control.

And alongside it...the MMR vaccination causes autism.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Vega9000

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 8):
How about Saddam's so-called Weapons of Mass Destruction?
Could this qualify as a Conspiracy Theory?

A conspiracy is normally understood as the government covering-up the truth to deceive the people.
If the people know the truth, and pretend to believe the cover-up, I think it's better called "mass delusion"

twocents 
Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.

Dreadnought

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 22):
Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 21):

Based on the source of the image - Elvis, I believe.

Debunked. We all know he went back to his home planet  Smile
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - W. Churchill

Phoenix9

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 pm

- UFO conspiracy (especially Roswell)
- Weather modification
- New world order
- Chemtrails

[Edited 2009-08-05 14:31:53]
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

csavel

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 pm

1) The Clinton's killed Vince Foster
2) The Clinton's ran cocaine out of Mena, Arkansas
3) RFK - as well as JFK - is a supposed conspiracy theory
4) Bush pere had a role in the assassination attempt on Reagan. Supposedly one of the Bush boys was having dinner with Hinckly's brothers - which is an amazing coincidence, but not a conspiracy
5) The CIA wanted to "off" John Lennon
6) Crack was deliberately loosed upon ghettos to destroy black communities
7) LSD same, to discredit the anti-war counter culture. All a CIA plot.
8) Skull and Bones, Skull and Bones, Skull and Bones.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

rfields5421

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 pm

One of my favorite coincidences is Richard Nixon. On Nov 22, 1963 he was interviewed at DAL before boarding a flight to Idewild, where he commented that he did not need Secret Service protection, unlike Kennedy who was tearing the nation apart with his unpopular policies.

Danfearn77

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Titanic? There are a lot of theories about that. Apparently it was sunk as part of a massive insurance scam involving the White Star Line and Titanic's sister ship, the Olympic i think it may have been called.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!

LMP737

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 16):
Well they are all bollocks, even the 'acceptable face of conspiracy theory', JFK.
Note when that film came out in 1991, the director, the not all heavy drinking, grass chuffing, magic mushroom chomping Oliver Stone, claimed it was an accurate version.
Now? It's a 're-imaging'. A downgrade, not a 'Director's Cut'.

Don't even get me started on Oliver Stone and the guy he tried to make a hero out of, Jim Garrison. It does not take much reserch to figure out that Jim Garrison was unstable kook who abused his office.

In life Jim Garrison slandered an innocent man, Clay Shaw, and in death Oliver Stone dragged his name through the mud some more. As Clay Shaw said when he was aquited of all charges brought by Garrison "If I had been found guilty I would have gone to prison gladly. It would have been the only safe place in a world gone mad."

What's scary is that there are people out there who believe Oliver Stone's version of the JFK assasination is how it actually happened.

[Edited 2009-08-05 16:49:11]
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

7324ever

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 5):
I think this one has some legs and could be possible. There could have been more than one shooter if you believe the eyewitness reports:

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 14):

Not always. I live in Dallas and have seen most of the 'evidence' and talked to many of the people supporting the JFK theories.

1 episode of The show BS cover the biggies including JFK and the moon landing

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...n=vids.individual&videoid=17978426

And South Park has covered 9/11

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103775

What about the one looney a while back saying the planes flying into the WTC and Pentagon were equipped with missile pods Yeah sure

Ohh you must be taking about those 2 things under the wings! I mean what else would they be? There all planted by the US government working with Alkida for oil and all that other stuff.

Conspiracy theories are BIG BUSINESS - supporting million dollar incomes and many highend lifestyles.

Your right the money in the theorys are from the book sales that these crack pot ass holes write and sell to the public.

Quoting Danfearn77 (Reply 32):
Titanic? There are a lot of theories about that. Apparently it was sunk as part of a massive insurance scam involving the White Star Line and Titanic's sister ship, the Olympic i think it may have been called.

I came across a book on that at a bookstore a while ago. just more crap that people cannot accept
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...

LMP737

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 am

Quoting GlobeEx (Reply 7):
I wouldn't call this a conspiracy theory. It counts as proven that one of the most important navy consultants did actually now of it, or was quite sure that it would happen.

Who might that be?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

us330

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 5):

Thirty-five witnesses who were present at the shooting thought that shots were fired from in front of the President — from the area of the Grassy Knoll or Triple Underpass — while 56 eyewitnesses thought the shots came from the Depository, or at least in that direction, behind the President, and 5 witnesses thought that the shots came from two directions. By another account[6], sixty-four of the known ninety witnesses indicated that the shots originated from ahead of the motorcade. This number represents nearly two-thirds of witnesses whose accounts appeared published in the Warren Report or contemporaneous news accounts

I'd remove JFK's assassination from the conspiracy list as well. I grew up in Dallas and have been to dealey plaza and the sixth floor museum, and seen the Zapruder film multiple times. There had to be multiple gunmen.
The Oswald sole shooter theory doesn't explain what dozens of eyewitnesses saw.

As an interesting fun fact, my late grandmother was actually at the motorcade's destination that day, as one of those attending the luncheon.

IMHO, Jewish World Domination has to be the top all-time conspiracy theory.
While others will likely go by the wayside in a couple of generations (Will your grandkids honestly give a crap about who killed Diana?), JWD is here to stay, unfortunately.

af773atmsp

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:35 am

People believing Earth is flat or Earth is at the center of the universe.
It ain't no normal MD80 its a Super 80!

787seattle

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 am

Quoting Phoenix9 (Reply 29):
UFO conspiracy

Area 51 also.
Student - KELN

Aaron747

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 am

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 33):

Don't even get me started on Oliver Stone and the guy he tried to make a hero out of, Jim Garrison. It does not take much reserch to figure out that Jim Garrison was unstable kook who abused his office.

I take the entire movie as another attempt by Stone to slander homosexuals.

That doesn't change that there is still controversy and evidence supporting a multiple shooter scenario in Dealey...if you've been there, it's not hard to imagine the setup.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

rfields5421

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:21 am

Quoting 7324ever (Reply 34):

Your right the money in the theorys are from the book sales that these crack pot ass holes write and sell to the public.

Web site advertising revenue and speaking fees are also big dollars these days.

Anything to keep the talk going, and certainly to make sure there is never a final end to the story.

BMI727

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 am

Quoting Canadi>n (Reply 13):

Some say the missile wasn't errant. Wasn't there some lady who wrote a book saying that TW800, SR111 and a couple of other crashes were due to radiation? Those people are all nuts.

What about the one looney a while back saying the planes flying into the WTC and Pentagon were equipped with missile pods

Like the same people who show a compressor disc and say that it was too small to come from a 757, so it proves that the airliners were hidden and drones hit the buildings.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the KE007 conspiracy theory yet. Some think that the plane was on some sort of ferret mission and say that there ECM aircraft in the area trying to protect it. Personally, I don't buy it.

Quoting 787seattle (Reply 38):
Area 51 also.

Chances are, if the government told us what they really do there we wouldn't believe them anyway.

I even saw these doctored photos ( http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0204b.shtml ) passed off as real on the History Channel.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

ALexeu

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 am

- Malaria was invented to kill the Africans, just like HIV
- Jewish paid for the holocaust to happen
- Osama bin Laden is fictional

PPVRA

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:49 am

Quoting SpeedyGonzales (Reply 9):

Global Warming would only qualify as a conspiracy if it is not happening/not man-made and is being used to cover something else up. People who deny the moon landing think there's a government conspiracy covering up the truth about the moon, not that they are themselves conspiring to anything.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

ltbewr

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 am

1. 9/11 was Planned by the US Government
3. Princess Diana was Murdered by the Royal Family
4. Jewish World Domination
5. Apollo Moon Landing Hoax
6. Pearl Harbor Was Allowed to Happen
7. Obama is not eligible to be President.
8. Roswell, Area 51
9. AIDS Is a Man-Made Disease/HIV does not cause AIDS, etc.

Interesting choices that I mostly agree with.
As to #10, I would suggest the actions of GW Bush as to the WMD's in Iraq and realted false info connecting al-Queda to Saddam/Iraq leading to going to war there. That was a real conspircicy, abusing and twisting information from the CIA and other sources including those that might take power in Iraq upon the demise of Saddam Hussain. You have the desire of GWB/Chenney to take contol of and place into power in Iraq a government that would not be an enemy of Israel and allow contol of the oil fields by USA and other 'friendly' counties' oil companies, ending the highly corrupt (and conservative hated UN run) 'food for oil program'.

Several things props up many 'conpiracy' theories.
A situation that many believe could never happen does and seems to required massive planning including government controlled agencies. 9/11, JFK assination are excellent examplest.
A situation that prevents a problem of power and contol by the 'wrong' people. The Princess Di murder by the Royal family is a classic, out of fear of a possible person of Islamic faith in line for the UK throne.
A need to cover up real activity for security reasons. Area 51 is a site where a lot of expirmental aircraft are tried out, for example the 'sealth' aircraft. Allowing for 'UFO' theories to be aound covered the actual activities there that the Government did not want it's enemies or spies to know.

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 am

How they can get 4 NFL Games on Sunday, all on separate TV networks, to all go to commercial at the same time.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

MadameConcorde

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 am

Quoting Csavel (Reply 30):
5) The CIA wanted to "off" John Lennon

There was another conspiracy theory going around at the time saying that Yoko Ono was the Mastermind in John Lennon's assassination.  Wow!

MadameConcorde

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 am

Has anyone mentioned crop circles yet?

Crop circles are made by reptilians communicating with their main base on the Moon through building new crop circles. They travel back and forth by UFOs.

laughing   blockhead   laughing 

BCAL

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:37 am

Quoting Danfearn77 (Reply 32):

Indeed. The RMS Olympic, sister ship to RMS Titanic, collided with a warship just outside Southampton Harbour and was badly damaged as a result. Her scheduled trip to New York was cancelled and she had to return to the Harland & Wolff shipyard at Belfast for urgent repairs. The Titanic's owners could not claim any insurance, as the ship's Captain and Pilot were blamed for the collision. It is rumoured that the damage to the Olympic was far worse than originally thought - indeed the cost of repairing the ship was greated than building a new ship from scratch.

Being in a perilous financial position and with an unworthy ship absorbing their reserve funds, there must have been some eagerness for the insurance scam. After all, both ships were almost identical apart from the spacing of some portholes and the enclosure of the front promenade deck on the Titanic. Also, contrary to popular belief equipment on the Titanic and Olympic was standard White Star Line and there was nothing apart from the ship's bell and name plate that was unique to each liner.

The theory was that the ships were "switched" over when both were at Harland & Wolf's shipyard - Olympic for repair and the Titanic for finishing. There were plans for the Titanic to hit an iceberg and sink, with other liners standing by to rescue passengers. The owners could then claim insurance for the loss of "Titanic", and the "Olympic" would be a new ship.

There is evidence that the theory was possible. Ballard when discovering the Titanic wreck found a bulkhead that was not on the Titanic's plans. The disaster site was much further out than the position calculated by the ships' officers. Nothing, apart from the ship's bell, recovered from the wreck was unique to Titanic. It was not explained why some other ships, close to the Titanic when she sank, were standing by for something yet did nothing. Surveys of the Titanic wreck did not find the ship's nameplate. All this and more can be found in the book, "Titanic - The Ship that never Sank".

However, the theory has been disregarded as evidence has proved the wreck at the bottom of the Atlantic is definitely Titanic.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

GDB

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:32 am

The trouble with this whole JFK 'magic bullet' stuff is that it only applies if Connolly and JFK were seated, as depicted, in the film JFK

But they were not, that limos seating arrangement meant that the Texan Governor and the President were seated not in line with each other and were also, IIRC right, staggered vertically somewhat too.
Which when you trace bullet paths from the book depository, guess what, the so called 'magic bullet' assumes a more rational path, correlating exactly with wounds on both men.
No mid air stops and about turns, but just as a bullet would fly.

There are so many others like this example, from the Conspiracy types lying about the duration of the rounds that Oswald fired, two seconds more than they claim being a notable one.

All because so many people just cannot accept the fact that a home grown nutcase could kill the most powerful man on Earth.
Never mind that 18 years later another very nearly succeeded in killing Reagan.
Had he died too, I wonder what theories would be around about that one?

You can be sure there would be plenty, but most seem to accept that a disgruntled, unstable, frustrated young man almost killed the 40th President, yet cannot accept the same happened to JFK, from a person with many of the traits of Reagan's would be killer, the only difference being that Oswald succeeded.