AM744
Topic Author

Banking Services In Your Country

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14 pm

I am amazed and frustrated about the dismal training and knowledge of "Accounting/Investment executives" in most of the banks I need to deal with. They can't perform non standard operations and don't know the rules that apply to your particular products (which most of the time are posted on their web sites). Most of all, they just can't find their way when something, anything, goes wrong. It's almost as if there was no difference between them and a regular teller (managers aren't much better BTW). I've found that this is nearly universal and its becoming worst as I've been needing more sofisticated products. Am I alone on this one? Do you get half decent services from your banks?

757MDE

RE: Banking Services In Your Country

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:44 pm

I don't know how it be here, because they're so extortionate that I rather not go beyond my simple savings account for the convenience.
But something tells me it'd be the same!
Quisiera volveraamartevolveraquerertevolveratenertecerrrrcaademígirl! Mis ojos lloran porrr ti...

Fly2HMO

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Quoting AM744 (Thread starter):
I am amazed and frustrated about the dismal training and knowledge of "Accounting/Investment executives" in most of the banks I need to deal with. They can't perform non standard operations and don't know the rules that apply to your particular products (which most of the time are posted on their web sites). Most of all, they just can't find their way when something, anything, goes wrong. It's almost as if there was no difference between them and a regular teller (managers aren't much better BTW). I've found that this is nearly universal and its becoming worst as I've been needing more sofisticated products. Am I alone on this one? Do you get half decent services from your banks?

Lemme guess, this is thanks to either HSBC, Banorte or Banamex

AM744
Topic Author

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:02 pm

I've found Bancomer to be the worst offender of the banks I regularly use. AMEX is rather good, too bad they're not a 'regular' bank. Banamex sits somewhere in the middle, closer to Bancomer than to AMEX. (Measured by their problem solving habilities, rather than by their 'happy path' simple processes)