ltbewr

Film Director Polanski Arrested In Switzerland

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33042460/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

Acclamed Film Diector Roman Polanski was arrested at the airport in Zurich as he entered Switzerland for a film Festival there where he was to be given an award for his work and for a retrospective on his films. The long standing warrent was for feeing proscutiton due to charges of rape on a (13 age) minor in 1977 in Los Angeles, California at the then home of Jack Nicholson. He is a citizen of France and he escaped to there to under the less strict standards of travel then. France is very protective of granting extradition of their citizens to other countries so the warrent could not be served there.

Although he has been in Switzerland and other European countries a number of times (but not the UK due to the outstanding warrent) since escaping to France in 1978, one has to wonder why it was served on him and arrested at this time. Some speculation is the recent crackdown on USA Citizens evading taxes with arranged secret accounts in Swiss banks may have one reason, another is that the current Justice Dept. of Pres. Obama made a push to arrange for the Swiss to arrest him. Polanski currently is appealing the original California State warrent in the US Circuit Court (9th) on grounds of Judicial misconduct, that the Judge renegend on a plea agreement where Polanski would have served a short time in jail. Of course, his flight during the late stages of the trial meant he violated other laws too. Then there is the whole political issue of alleged drugging then raping of the then 13 year old woman.
I posted this in the context of a recent post made in the main Avition section of a Dual National Dutch-Argentine pilot arrested in Spain for his part in murders of people of Spanish citizenship during a past governance of Argentina.

Aaron747

RE: Film Director Polanski Arrested In Switzerland

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Get this spoiled idiot behind bars where he belongs.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

SOBHI51

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 1):

For this type of crime i agree with you 100%. But lets agree he is innocent till proven guilty. So he has to stand trial again.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

LAXintl

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm

About time.

Living it up in Europe all these years snubbing his nose an making a mockery of the US justice system.

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 2):
But lets agree he is innocent till proven guilty. So he has to stand trial again.

He already had his time in court, and plead guilty. But he fled the country prior to his sentencing in 1978. (actualy on the day of his sentencing by going to LAX and buying a seat on BA flight to London).

[Edited 2009-09-27 16:15:17]
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

OA260

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:16 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 1):

checkmark   checkmark  Cant believe people didnt boycott his work . A 13 year old Girl drugged and raped and I hear people on the news defending him ?? They need to be thrown in jail also. Its sick....

LTU932

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Thread starter):
Although he has been in Switzerland and other European countries a number of times (but not the UK due to the outstanding warrent) since escaping to France in 1978, one has to wonder why it was served on him and arrested at this time. Some speculation is the recent crackdown on USA Citizens evading taxes with arranged secret accounts in Swiss banks may have one reason, another is that the current Justice Dept. of Pres. Obama made a push to arrange for the Swiss to arrest him.

In Focus Online, they said that there was an international arrest warrant for Roman Polanski since 2005, so perhaps the Swiss simply chose to act on that arrest warrant.

Anyway, I don't care if the victim forgave him or not, he has to go to Prison for commiting this rape.

EMBQA

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:20 pm

But lets agree he is innocent till proven guilty. So he has to stand trial again.

There will be no trial......he has already pled guilty to the charges. He fled when he was due to show up to be taken to prison

[Edited 2009-09-27 16:23:08]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Ken777

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:29 pm

From what I read the local DA in California learned the bum was going to be in Switzerland on a certain date and put the paperwork together. Not for the first time.

As for the rape, a grown man doesn't have a meaningful sexual relationship with a 13 year old girl. A 13 year old boy might hope for one, but a grown man should be heading to prison. Maybe we'll get lucky with this guy.

Aaron747

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Personally I'm a big fan of noir films and Chinatown is one of his best works - but in the scene where Polanski plays that thug with the knife "right here kitty-cat"...he's undeniably creepy. Life imitates art, or the other way around??
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

boeingfever777

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 4):
Cant believe people didnt boycott his work . A 13 year old Girl drugged and raped and I hear people on the news defending him ?? They need to be thrown in jail also. Its sick....

Yes I agree 100%  yes 

Guy is a sick bastard for his actions and past.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.

MaverickM11

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:27 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 4):
Cant believe people didnt boycott his work

They gave him a frickin' award!
E pur si muove -Galileo

STT757

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 am

He already had his trial, he was found (plead) guilty. He fled so as to avoid his sentencing, so it's time to serve his time for the original crime. Plus the evading.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

stasisLAX

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 am

That the victim has forgiven him doesn't excuse Polanski's criminal behavior. Besides that, he makes movies. He isn't doing cancer research or developing clean water systems in the third world helping large numbers of people. How does being a filmmaker entitle someone to preferential legal treatment? Go to jail already!  vomit 
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

ME AVN FAN

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 5):
In Focus Online, they said that there was an international arrest warrant for Roman Polanski since 2005, so perhaps the Swiss simply chose to act on that arrest warrant.

He often profited from the fact that police (including passport controls) is strictly a matter of the Cantons, and so entering in the Canton of Zurich or Geneva, getting to the Canton of Berne, he many times simply slipped through, as he was/is not a criminal high up on the lists. This time, somebody (???) gave a hint to the Cantonal Police at Zurich Airport. The rest was routine.

OHLHD

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 am

So he has not been in the US since 30 years?

If guilty he should sit in for a long time.

ME AVN FAN

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:36 am

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 14):
So he has not been in the US since 30 years?

According to all reports he kept out of the USA ever since.

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 14):
If guilty he should sit in for a long time.

First of all I cannot tell you whether his crime by Swiss law has "expired". If so, he will get released. Resulting in some USsers jumping up and down for a while. If not, he will in the end BE extradited and will then have to sit for a long time indeed. If however, France demands a "repatriation" he may get "extradited" to France and in such a case will not be in prison. So that the whole matter is business for the lawyers.

OA260

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 10):
They gave him a frickin' award!

Yeah sure  Yeah sure Apparantly it has now been suspended indefinately. I should hope so, it should never be awarded.

PanHAM

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 15):
First of all I cannot tell you whether his crime by Swiss law has "expired".

usually, extradition agreements have clauses that those who are extradited cannot receive a higher sentence than what is the norm in the extraditing country.

That means, he could probably get the maximum time in jail that Swiss law provides for the crime.

Americans shouldn't be too exited about this, I doubt that he will ever set foot on Californian soil again and enjoy the third world prison system in Sunshine State.
powered by Eierlikör

offloaded

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:55 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 16):
Apparantly it has now been suspended indefinately. I should hope so, it should never be awarded.

Like they never knew about his past...

I'm not sure why the film world has been so kind to him anyway.

First of all I cannot tell you whether his crime by Swiss law has "expired".

I can see that the statute of limitations may apply if he was never charged with the crime, but under Swiss law does the same apply to someone who was charged and convicted?
To no one will we sell, or deny, or delay, right or justice - Magna Carta, 1215

falstaff

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:19 pm

First of all I cannot tell you whether his crime by Swiss law has "expired". If so, he will get released

Quoting Offloaded (Reply 18):
I can see that the statute of limitations may apply if he was never charged with the crime, but under Swiss law does the same apply to someone who was charged and convicted?

The statute of limitations stopped when he was convicted of the crime. He never served jail time because he fled the country. As far as US courts go he is still awaiting sentence. This would be similar if he was an escaped prisoner. We had a case here in Michigan recently where a woman who escaped from a Michigan prison in 1975 was found in California living a normal life. She was brought back to Michigan and sent back to prison for a while. She didn't serve her entire sentence, but that was up to the courts in Michigan to decide. Statute of Limitations also stop if a person is serving time in another state for another crime. When that person is released in the other state they can be charged with previous crimes in other states.

I don't see the Swiss doing much about it, the crime was not committed in their country. If they release him I guess we can count on the Swiss ignoring warrants for other criminals from other places too.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

slz396

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:34 pm

According to the French Secretary of Foreign Affairs Bernard Kouchner, Switzerland is seriously contemplating releasing R.P. on bail.

If indeed the case, it offers a way out to the Swiss, who now have a diplomatic problem at hands thanks to some overly zealous officers at ZRH, since both France and Poland are firmly demanding his immediate release, whereas the US demands his extradition.

Since Switzerland is part of the Schengen zone a release on bail means R.P. could in fact return to France, which obviously won't extradite him to the US and the Swiss can then look like they merely followed the legal procedures only to find he ran off before it came to a decision on his extradition...

slz396

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm

On a side note, it might come as a shock to most Americans, but as an adult in Switzerland, you may have full sexual relations with a minor as of the age of 16 (even prostitution!), so the Swiss legal system may look at this case a bid differently then the average US citizen does...

Combine it with the fact it is a case from over 30 years ago and the strong diplomatic pressure from France and I think they are working very hard to find a face-saving way out, so the above scenario seems very plausible indeed.

PanHAM

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:54 pm

From what I read in he link in the above, he pleaded guilty under a plea bargain arrangement which the judge did not accept. Polanski was never sentenced to a specified jail term, which would have been 2 or 3 years at the most of which he might have served 1 or 2 years. He fled the country when he learned that he might eventually have to serve an unreasonable long term.

I really doubt that Polanski will stay in extradition jail and it is unlikely that he will be extradited. His lawyers will fight this aöll the way through and this will take years. Switzerland has just made another diplomatic, they simply cannot keep him in prison for such a long time.
powered by Eierlikör

falstaff

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Quoting Slz396 (Reply 20):
thanks to some overly zealous officers at ZRH

Policemen doing their job isn't over zealous.

Quoting Slz396 (Reply 21):
but as an adult in Switzerland, you may have full sexual relations with a minor as of the age (even prostitution!),

16 is different than 13. There are states in the US where 16 is the age of consent. A grown man having sex with a 13 year old is rather creepy!

since both France and Poland are firmly demanding his immediate release, whereas the US demands his extradition.

What does Poland have to do with this? The guy lives in France, flew to Zurich, was picked up by police there. His crime was commited in the USA. Those are all those people who should have a say in this. If I commited a serious crime in another country I doubt the USA would bother with me. I would have to do my time there like anyone else.

[Edited 2009-09-28 06:45:59]

EMBQA

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:11 pm

People.. listen.. here is the deal.. There is no bond, there is no bail, there is no trail. He has already had is time in court and was found guilty. Between the time he pled guilty and he was due to show up to go to prison he took off to Europe. To with hold extradition is just spitting in the face of our court system. He has already had his trial and was found GUILTY.

[Edited 2009-09-28 06:18:37]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

aviationmaster

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm

If indeed the case, it offers a way out to the Swiss, who now have a diplomatic problem at hands thanks to some overly zealous officers at ZRH, since both France and Poland are firmly demanding his immediate release, whereas the US demands his extradition.

Had this been a regular guy being arrested at ZRH while entering Switzerland, the whole world would be applauding the policemen, for having arrested a wanted child molester. They were just doing their jobs; besides, Swiss law does not differentiate between normal civilians and celebrities. France and Poland - both acting as hypocrites in this situation IMO - are only getting involved because R.P. is famous.

Revelation

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:39 pm

I guess this means the French people wouldn't have a problem with the US harboring someone who committed child rape in France?
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

falstaff

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Quoting Aviationmaster (Reply 25):
France and Poland - both acting as hypocrites in this situation IMO - are only getting involved because R.P. is famous

I would agree. If this was just some run of the mill slob nobody would care.

If this crime would have happened more recently he would probably not been able to skip before sentencing, his passport would have been held or if he was that big of flight risk we would have been held without bond.

Detroit's former mayor had his passport held and cannot leave the country while he is still on probation. I would imagine it would the same for anyone these days.

na

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Good that he is arrested. He raped/misused a thirteen year old girl, said its true - and ran away before he could be sentenced. He used his prominence to gain a foreign passport. No matter how long ago it is, he has to serve his time in prison.
But I´m sure it´ll end with a dirty deal. People like him always make a "deal". Maybe he´ll pay 100.000$ or a million, anyway, he wont spend much time in prison.

N328KF

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Quoting Slz396 (Reply 21):
On a side note, it might come as a shock to most Americans, but as an adult in Switzerland, you may have full sexual relations with a minor as of the age of 16 (even prostitution!), so the Swiss legal system may look at this case a bid differently then the average US citizen does...

Overzealous? Sheesh, what a cad you are! Polanski should be taking a dirt nap somewhere...
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

babybus

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 4):
Cant believe people didnt boycott his work . A 13 year old Girl drugged and raped and I hear people on the news defending him ?? They need to be thrown in jail also. Its sick....

Too true. I detest criminals wherever they are.

I think we have to be careful not to diss his work though. We have to separate the artist from the pervert. He has made some good stuff. What we do want is him to act like a responsible citizen, admit his crimes and pay the cost. That poor girl.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

jm017

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 26):
I guess this means the French people wouldn't have a problem with the US harboring someone who committed child rape in France?

Oh yeah, they'd be okay with it  sarcastic 

I am amazed at people coming out in defense of Polanski. One person even commented that the sex was "consensual."

As stated above, there is no such thing as consensual sex between an adult and a 13 year old. Besides, the use of alcohol and drugs suggest otherwise.

I wholeheartedly agree with the US here. Extradition is appropriate.
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

LAXintl

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Regardless of the soft tone some people here wish to take against the crime committed in 1977, this bum has been a international fugitive for 30 years for fleeing from his sentencing hearing.

At the very least that alone should warrant his arrest, and deportation to the US.

I cant imagine anyone condoning being a fugitives or ignoring long standing arrest warrants for him.

I also hope the Swiss have a spine and continue to hold him in custody as we know he fled once, and certainly would be a flight risk again today.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Revelation

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:08 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090928/...p_on_en_mo/eu_switzerland_polanski has some answers to some of the questions in this thread. A fair use exerpt:

Quote:
Polanski, who has dual French-Polish citizenship, has hired Swiss attorney Lorenz Erni to represent him in Switzerland, according to the law firm Eschmann & Erni.

Polanski seems most likely to spend several months in detention, unless he agrees to forgo any challenge to his extradition to the United States. Under a 1990 accord between Switzerland and the U.S., Washington has 60 days to submit a formal request for his transfer. Rulings in a similar dispute four years ago over Russia's former atomic energy minister Yevgeny Adamov confirmed that subjects should be held in custody throughout the procedure.

That means the procedure for extradition could also be lengthy for the United States. Its request for Polanski's transfer must first be examined by the Swiss Justice Ministry, and once approved it can be appealed at a number of courts.

The 2005 saga over Adamov's extradition, eventually to Russia and not the U.S., took seven months. The case also sets a possible precedent for France, which may wish to try one of its own nationals in a domestic court rather than in Los Angeles.

ME AVN FAN

Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 19):
The statute of limitations stopped

There, as I saw in the meantime, is no time-limitation in either the USA or in Switzerland, the crime however has expired long ago in the view of the French judiciary.

As above, rape apparently does not meet a time limitation. What courts in other countries may have decided however is not the point. Which means that if a particular crime has met the time limitation date, a verdict of a foreign court is irrelevant.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 32):
the Swiss have a spine

the case never was in the hands of "THE Swiss" but :

According to the NZZ
Wie die «Los Angeles Times» berichtet, hatte das Bezirksgericht der Westküstenstadt letzte Woche von den Reiseplänen Roman Polanskis erfahren. Der Filmemacher wollte nach Zürich reisen, um den ihm vom Zurich Filmfestival verliehenen Preis abzuholen. Umgehend benachrichtigte die lokale Behörde das US-Justizdepartement und stellte ein Gesuch um Festnahme des «Flüchtigen». Die Bundesbehörde der Vereinigten Staaten wiederum gelangte an das Schweizer Justizministerium.

it was different. The district-court of L.A. heard about the travel plans of Roman Polanski and informed the (federal) US Ministry of Justice, which directly contacted the Swiss Federal Ministry of Justice. Which in turn informed the Cantonal Police of Zurich.

The lawyers of Mr Polanski apparently are in full action already. They hope to get him out of prison against payment of a deposit and have him transferred to Gstaad to be under "house arrest" there

that he apparently has some very good lawyers fighting for him is what really matters

max999

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:00 pm

He deserves to be arrested for his selfish behavior.

Even if he is innocent, who does he think he is that he can bail out of the country right before sentencing? This is what sickens me about him...that he thinks he's so entitled that he is practically above the law and can skip the normal judicial processes.

Not every innocent person is so lucky they can do what he did.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

falstaff

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 34):
the crime however has expired long ago in the view of the French judiciary.

In the case of being prosecuted for it or in the case of serving a sentence? He was convicted already. He just didn't do his time. I didn't think time ever ran out on a fugitive.

So in France you can avoid doing jail time if you escape and go uncaught long enough? What a deal.

slider

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Thread starter):
France is very protective of granting extradition of their citizens to other countries so the warrent could not be served there.

France protecting a convicted child rapist is disgusting.

I'm not sure why the film world has been so kind to him anyway.

Because they love that stuff and don't see anything wrong with an abberant immoral lifestyle. He's an antihero to them and his "artistic" value far overshadows the fact he's a pedophile to them. That's Hollywood.

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 19):
The statute of limitations stopped when he was convicted of the crime. He never served jail time because he fled the country. As far as US courts go he is still awaiting sentence.

Exactly- bring him back here, put him in general population and let him be raped. What's good for the goose...

Toulouse

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 23):
Policemen doing their job isn't over zealous.

Totally agree with you. The police in Zürich did what their duty is, and well done to him. I'm just amazed it's taken 30 years for him to be arrested.

Quoting Aviationmaster (Reply 25):

Had this been a regular guy being arrested at ZRH while entering Switzerland, the whole world would be applauding the policemen, for having arrested a wanted child molester.

Exactly. Just goes to show. As far as I'm concerned, he apparently drugged/gave alcohol and then raped a 13 year-old girl. Should be locked up the key thrown away as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter whether he's a celebrity or not.

Quoting JM017 (Reply 31):
I am amazed at people coming out in defense of Polanski.

It's absolutely sickening to be honest.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 32):
this bum has been a international fugitive for 30 years for fleeing from his sentencing hearing.

At the very least that alone should warrant his arrest, and deportation to the US.

That's a very good point, which myself and Mrs Toulouse were discussing today at lunch.
Long live Aer Lingus!

falstaff

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:58 pm

They hope to get him out of prison against payment of a deposit and have him transferred to Gstaad to be under "house arrest" there

Who put up the bail money for him back in '77? They would have forfeited that money when he didn't show up for sentencing. Continuation of bail while awaiting sentence in common, but if the defendant is a flight risk, it usually doesn't happen.

Revelation

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 pm

They hope to get him out of prison against payment of a deposit and have him transferred to Gstaad to be under "house arrest" there

Yes, but...

Quoting Revelation (Reply 33):
Rulings in a similar dispute four years ago over Russia's former atomic energy minister Yevgeny Adamov confirmed that subjects should be held in custody throughout the procedure.

It'll be interesting to see if Polanski gets special treatment.

If so, the Russian guy hired the wrong lawyers!

Given he is 76 years of age, I wonder if we won't see his lawyers find some medical reason why he should not be in jail and/or be returned to France or the US.

ME AVN FAN

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 36):
So in France you can avoid doing jail time if you escape and go uncaught long enough? What a deal.

on CNN, an expert said that according to French law, a "minor" is less than 12 years old, just to give one example. I today saw a comment of one law-expert in Switzerland who says that rape does not expire and later on TV another export who says that it has expired by Swiss law, but that the expiry is irrelevant by the articles of the extradition treaty. What all experts however agree is the point that the verdict of a US court is irrelevant.

Interesting is that an adhoc opinion poll on roads in Paris resulted in a clear majority being in favour of him being extradited to the USA

Quoting Slider (Reply 37):
France is very protective of granting extradition of their citizens to other countries so the warrent could not be served there.

France protecting a convicted child rapist is disgusting.

I don't know how it is in the USA, but here in Switzerland, a Swiss citizen is NOT extradited to any other country under whatever circumstances

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 38):
Quoting JM017 (Reply 31):
I am amazed at people coming out in defense of Polanski.

It's absolutely sickening to be honest.

There was a team of Swiss TV up in Gstaad, and there practically everybody is siding with Mr Polanski and everybody likes him

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 39):
it usually doesn't happen.

This actually is what a spokesman of the Federal Justice Ministry said.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 40):
so, the Russian guy hired the wrong lawyers!

His case was different in various parts, most of all that BOTH the USA and Russia placed extradition requests, with Russia in the end succeeding

jm017

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 am

As above, rape apparently does not meet a time limitation. What courts in other countries may have decided however is not the point. Which means that if a particular crime has met the time limitation date, a verdict of a foreign court is irrelevant.

He pled guilty to the crime, so the statute of limitations point is moot. He is a fugitive from justice.

Quoting Slider (Reply 37):
Because they love that stuff and don't see anything wrong with an abberent immoral lifestyle. He's an antihero to them and his "artistic" value far overshadows the fact he's a pedophile to them. That's Hollywood.

Yeah, they seem to have much lower standards of acceptable behaviour.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 41):
There was a team of Swiss TV up in Gstaad, and there practically everybody is siding with Mr Polanski and everybody likes him

I am sure he's a sweet guy. Pillar of the community and all that. But he broke the law, confessed to the crime and has not paid the price for his crime. That's all I need to know. And frankly the details of the crime are sickening. These people need to look at their daughters and ask "what if he did that to MY child?"
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

WarRI1

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:55 am

Quoting JM017 (Reply 42):
I am sure he's a sweet guy. Pillar of the community and all that. But he broke the law, confessed to the crime and has not paid the price for his crime. That's all I need to know. And frankly the details of the crime are sickening. These people need to look at their daughters and ask "what if he did that to MY child?"

I agree. We can see once again the fine example Hollywood and their types set morally. To defend and reward this man is sickening and an outrage.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Revelation

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:06 am

[quote=WarRI1,reply=43]I agree. We can see once again the fine example Hollywood and their types set morally. To defend and reward this man is sickening and an outrage.[/quote

Huh? This guy hasn't been in Hollywood in 30 years....

BTW Ronald Reagan was as Hollywood as it gets. Are you taking a shot at Ronnie?  Smile

WarRI1

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 44):
quote=WarRI1,reply=43]I agree. We can see once again the fine example Hollywood and their types set morally. To defend and reward this man is sickening and an outrage.[/quote

Huh? This guy hasn't been in Hollywood in 30 years....

BTW Ronald Reagan was as Hollywood as it gets. Are you taking a shot at Ronnie?

I did say "and their types", meaning any entertainment types who are defending and rewarding this guy. European and US. or any others. I do not remember Ronnie getting accused of rape though, nor fleeing the US. Just look at Deborah Winger, ridiculous.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

dl021

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:41 am

To all that wonder...the guy drugged and raped a 13 year old girl, anally. He has skated by on some sort of elitist excuse that "he's an artist" and ought to have allowances made. He needs to serve the same jail time you'd think any other pedophile rapist ought to get. Why is he treated better by some? Pseudo-intellectuals who want to ignore reality so they can have what they want.

Same goes for MJ fans who ignored the facts, including those on the jury.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

LOT767-300ER

Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:20 am

Not that I care if he goes to jail or not, my personal opinion is that the LA Prosecutor must be running out of things to do in this case but I must make a comment or two. Might I add that I really dont even consider him to be Polish so there is no nationality bias here whatsoever.

I like how you guys believe he just had some random 13 year old girl in Jack Nicholsons house. Funny how her mother set her up with him for the photo shoot, practically flat out assuming that she was 18 and legally allowed to even do it. Nice mom

Am I missing something or is it strange for a 13 year old girl to already not be a virgin, drink champagne and get in a jacuzzi with a grown man? Where the hell is the supervision?

Personal opinion: He should have been arrested 30 years ago and sat in jail. Such actions cant be defended, but you also cant spare to criticize the other party who practically let this happen for not using better judgement. That being said, I dont expect 21 year olds to start carding chicks in clubs to see if they are of age.

The only jail sentence/law Ive found to be ridiculous moronic in this category is that 17yr old black guy who went to jail for getting a BJ from a 15 year old chick in Georgia. Still cant believe he got 10 years and had to serve 2.

BTW, for those who think all of Poland is mad at this you are dead wrong. Heres a nice article I have for you from Reuters BTW: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE58O4LE20090925
Forcible castration for pedophiles. Quaint.

L-188

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 47):
Personal opinion: He should have been arrested 30 years ago and sat in jail.

Dude that was the idea but he skipped the country before the sentencing. If he had just cowboy'd up and did the 45 days that he was sentenced do nobody would remember this.

Actually I think he needs time tacked on for skipping town but that is another case.

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 47):
Am I missing something or is it strange for a 13 year old girl to already not be a virgin, drink champagne and get in a jacuzzi with a grown man? Where the hell is the supervision

You blaming the victim there?

France protecting a convicted child rapist is disgusting

Agreed, but I got accused of insulting the French when I made that point.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ME AVN FAN

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:11 am

He pled guilty to the crime, so the statute of limitations point is moot. He is a fugitive from justice.

The statute of limitations is moot in so far as the Extradition Treaty apparently has an article saying that this is irrelevant. That he pled guilty however is moot and completely irrelevant as he did not do so in Switzerland. And he may be a "fugitive from justice" in the USA, in Switzerland he simply is a foreigner wanted by another country.

These people need to look at their daughters and ask "what if he did that to MY child?"

He was nice with their daughters and of course sooooo honourable

Quoting L-188 (Reply 48):
France protecting a convicted child rapist is disgusting

Agreed, but I got accused of insulting the French when I made that point.

The quote was not from me. And France is not protecting a "convicted child rapist" but an honourable French citizen and tremendous artist who had some problem with the judiciary across the ocean. At the time when he fled to France, his "undoing" would not even have been punishable in France, and so was irrelevant