Kiqaboy
Topic Author

Football Fan Murdered In Belgrade

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 pm

I really do not understand how people get so emotionalized about their football club and kill a fan from the other team.

"Soccer violence is not the work of just die-hard fans, it involves members of organised crime groups and we have to work with the other state institutions to gather evidence in order to ban their activities."

here is the source link:
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/...uk-soccer-europe-serbia-death.html
once upone time

EZEIZA

RE: Football Fan Murdered In Belgrade

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:28 pm

I had read about the violence in this game but I didn't know the fan died, I thought he was "only" injured. Red Star and Partizan Ultras are known to be very, very violent. Hopefully a life sentence wil deterr them from future clashes, but honestly, I doubt it.
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

7324ever

RE: Football Fan Murdered In Belgrade

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 1):
I had read about the violence in this game but I didn't know the fan died, I thought he was "only" injured. Red Star and Partizan Ultras are known to be very, very violent. Hopefully a life sentence wil deterr them from future clashes, but honestly, I doubt it.

Correctomundo, Last red star game I attended there were fights in the parking area and it takes a while for the police to respond. Granted I live in the states, but when I visit home they are really passionate about teams. But its not just in Europe I hear in South America people have lots of violent brawls in people have passed but those occurrences are rare.
Anything the US and EU build the Russians do it better! i.e. TU-144 vs Concorde and TU-154 vs The 727...