dxing

Dan Rather, Biggest Loser Of The Day

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:23 am

The lawsuit is kaput. Nice try Dan, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/...p_on_re_us/us_dan_rather_lawsuit_4

NEW YORK – A New York court on Tuesday dismissed Dan Rather's $70 million breach of contract lawsuit against CBS Corp., noting that the network continued to pay the anchor $6 million a year even after he left the evening news broadcast.

The wheels of justice turn slowly but they do turn.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

itsjustme

RE: Dan Rather, Biggest Loser Of The Day

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:26 am

Quoting DXing (Thread starter):

And they're still turning...

Rather's lawyer, Martin Gold, said he was "extremely disappointed" in the decision and would appeal it to the Court of Appeals, New York's highest court.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 am

Quoting DXing (Thread starter):

Nice but I refer readers to the other thread about the American who went to Japan to retrieve the kids his ex kidnapped from him. The biggest loser of the day is still the Japanese government.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

L-188

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:41 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 2):
Nice but I refer readers to the other thread about the American who went to Japan to retrieve the kids his ex kidnapped from him. The biggest loser of the day is still the Japanese government.

Between those guys and the Japanese whalers, those guys suck.

Actually Japan will probably take another big hit tommorrow when the NTSB releases the report on the sinking of the Alaska Ranger.

Wise money is saying that the Japanese fish master is going to get a lot of the blame for overstepping his authority on the boat.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

NIKV69

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 3):
Between those guys and the Japanese whalers, those guys suck.

Def, I have lost a ton of respect for the country of Japan lately. A country I used to hold in very high regard. I would wait a little to see how they handle the kidnapping though. That may play out a bit differntly seeing they are going to get slaughtered in the PR sense on that to the whole world.

As for Dan I am glad. He screwed up bigtime and deserves it. All in the name of hating the GOP.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

dxing

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 1):
And they're still turning...

Rather's lawyer, Martin Gold, said he was "extremely disappointed" in the decision and would appeal it to the Court of Appeals, New York's highest court.

It also says:

General counsel Louis Briskman said that action "is technically still pending, but it's hanging by a thread."

Barring a miracle, his lawsuit is over.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!