Mir
Topic Author

MLB Playoffs 2009: The Division Series Thread

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 pm

It's October again, and that means playoff baseball.

In the National League, we have the Phillies (93-69, NL East) against the Rockies (92-69, Wild Card), and the Dodgers (94-67, NL West) against the Cardinals (91-71, NL Central).

Last time the Phillies and Rockies met in the postseason, the Rockies swept the series, but I doubt they'll be able to do that again. Despite being a dangerous team, they're not on the same sort of run they were back then, and the Phillies have the confidence of being the defending champions. Phillies in 4.

The Dodgers have struggled of late, and the Cardinals have the best hitter in the game in Pujols and some very good pitching in Carpenter and Wainwright. But I still think Torre's club will be able to pull it out. Dodgers in 5.

In the American League, we have the Angels (96-65, AL West) against the Red Sox (95-67, Wild Card), and the Yankees (103-59, AL East) against...well, 162 games weren't enough to find that out - the Twins and Tigers both have 86-76 records, and will play a tiebreaker on Tuesday (normally it would be Monday, but the Metrodome is already in use with Vikings/Packers on Monday Night Football, and you can't mess with that). It would be great thing for Detroit if the Tigers would get in (the city needs the emotional boost), but the Twins have been on a run, and the Metrodome is a tough place to play.

The Red Sox have owned the Angels in the postseason, but this year might be the best shot the Angels have. They've got home field advantage, and Boston's pitching staff beyond Lester has been suspect. But until Boston actually loses to the Angels, it's hard to bet against them. Red Sox in 5.

The Yankees enter the playoffs on a little bit of a downswing, but they still have the best record in the majors in a tough division, and have been very hard to beat in the second half. The starting pitching has been good down the stretch, the offense is clicking, and the bullpen has the potential to be lights-out (though, outside of Rivera, it is untested by the postseason). The Tigers have good starting pitching in Verlander and Jackson, and a possible MVP in Cabrera, but not a whole lot beyond that. The Twins will be coming off a huge run and will likely have momentum on their side should they make it, but their pitching is going to have a hard time keeping the Yankee bats quiet (granted, that's been said about many Yankee teams in recent years, but this time the Yankees have some good pitchers of their own). If it's the Tigers, Yankees in 5. If it's the Twins, Yankees in 4.

I also predict that at least two of my predictions will be wrong - one grossly so.  Smile

Share thoughts, predictions, trash talk, etc.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

mke717spotter

RE: MLB Playoffs 2009: The Division Series Thread

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am

Quoting Mir (Thread starter):
Twins and Tigers both have 86-76 records, and will play a tiebreaker on Tuesday

I'm really looking forward to this one. These one game playoffs always seem to have a great feel to them and both games the past two years have been close. Hopefully the Twins can pull it out this time.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

vikkyvik

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:23 am

The Red Sox have owned the Angels in the postseason, but this year might be the best shot the Angels have.

checkmark 

Sadly, the Sox have not been spectacular lately by any means. I'll be at Game 2 of this series in Anaheim. I happened to move to Los Angeles at a very opportune time 2 years ago - this will be my 3rd Red Sox - Angels ALDS game.

I am also praying that whoever plays the Yankees in the 1st round somehow manages to beat them....If we get through the Angels and have to face the Yankees in the ALCS, I don't think we stand much of a chance.

Anyway, here's hoping (again) for a Red Sox - Dodgers WS.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

LTU932

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:25 am

In the American League, we have the Angels (96-65, AL West) against the Red Sox (95-67, Wild Card), and the Yankees (103-59, AL East) against...well, 162 games weren't enough to find that out - the Twins and Tigers both have 86-76 records, and will play a tiebreaker on Tuesday (normally it would be Monday, but the Metrodome is already in use with Vikings/Packers on Monday Night Football, and you can't mess with that). It would be great thing for Detroit if the Tigers would get in (the city needs the emotional boost), but the Twins have been on a run, and the Metrodome is a tough place to play.

So this makes how many times that there was such a tiebreaker? The only other tiebreaker I remember was the one between San Diego and the Rockies, and that year, the Rockies went to the WS, only to be swept by the bloody Red Sox.

As for predictions for the ALDS, Yankees in 3 and Angels in 5. For the NLDS, Cardinals in 5 and Phillies in 4. Call me crazy, but I'm all for a few upsets, particularly if the kick the Dodgers and the Red Sox OUT. No "I'm Baaaaack" from Manny in the World Series EVER!

My prediction for the World Series: Cardinals vs Yankees or Phillies vs Yankees.

[Edited 2009-10-04 18:26:54]

[Edited 2009-10-04 18:27:30]

Mir
Topic Author

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:02 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 3):
Call me crazy, but I'm all for a few upsets, particularly if the kick the Dodgers and the Red Sox OUT. No "I'm Baaaaack" from Manny in the World Series EVER!

I'm torn about LA. On the one hand, I don't care for Manny at all, and I'd like to see him lose. But on the other, I am a Joe Torre fan, and I'd like to see him win.

Best way to solve this is for the Dodgers to play the Yankees in the World Series, so that I can be forced to pull for Torre to lose.  Smile

-Mir

steeler83

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:14 am

Last time the Phillies and Rockies met in the postseason, the Rockies swept the series, but I doubt they'll be able to do that again. Despite being a dangerous team, they're not on the same sort of run they were back then, and the Phillies have the confidence of being the defending champions. Phillies in 4.

I like that pick! Go Phills!!! Does I smell a repeat?!!  hyper 

I also predict that at least two of my predictions will be wrong - one grossly so.

I hope you're wrong about the Yankees. I cannot stand them.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

LTU932

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:46 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 5):

I hate them too, however I do think they'll make it to the big game, but once they swept in the ALDS, they will have to go the full seven game distance in the ALCS. As for the NLCS, it won't be a sweep, but it will be a tight affair, so the one who wins the NLCS will have to do at least 6 games.

As to the World Series, I believe it will be won by the National League, so it's either Phillies in 6, or Cardinals in 7.

fxramper

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Come on Astros, lets go! Here we Astros, here we go!  bigthumbsup 

I'd like to see the Angels spank the Yankees in the ALCS.  yes 

max550

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 6):
As to the World Series, I believe it will be won by the National League, so it's either Phillies in 6, or Cardinals in 7.

Hopefully Phillies, it will all come down to how well their bullpen can hold up though.

Just got my tickets to the game on Thursday, hopefully they'll win both at home before going to Denver.

USPIT10L

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:53 pm

So this makes how many times that there was such a tiebreaker? The only other tiebreaker I remember was the one between San Diego and the Rockies, and that year, the Rockies went to the WS, only to be swept by the bloody Red Sox.

There were also wild-card playoffs in 1998 between the Cubs and Giants and in 1999 between the Reds and Mets.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

steeler83

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 8):
Hopefully Phillies, it will all come down to how well their bullpen can hold up though.

Aww come on... I have faith in Cole Hammels and that he will deliver.

Go Phillies!!!
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

GQfluffy

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Sure you do, but Hammels isn't in their bullpen now is he? Big grin
This isn't where I parked my car...

steeler83

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:00 am

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 11):
but Hammels isn't in their bullpen now is he?

Euh, no... Eh, even if he doesn't play, I'm sure the rest of the bullpin will step up. I have faith in them.

Oh, and if that's a crack at my bad spelling, then ha-ha, good one...

QXatFAT

Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:44 am

Rockies vs Phillies: Phillies in 5
Cards vs Dodgers: Dodgers in 4

Bo Sox vs Angels: Bo Sox in 5
(Tigers) vs Yanks: Yanks in 4

I am a big Dodger fan and can't root against my team right? Haha. Although I believe the Rockies are pretty good right now, I just cant see them getting past the big hitters. The Phillies have been struggling for their set up guys but if they can get to Lidge, game over against the Rocks.

Dodgers IMO have the 2nd best starting pitching rotation going into playoffs. With starters out in the bullpen, this will make or break the team. They must warm up longer BUT, its the experience that they have there too that makes them effective. What will hurt the Dodgers against the Cards is of course Puljos and Manny. We need Manny hot to do damage in the post season.

How can you bet against the Bo Sox when they play the Angels in the playoffs?

With the Yanks having the best starting roation in my opinion (not to far infront of the Dodgers), the Tigers will struggle against them. Verlander can only do so much. Inge with his knee problem isnt helping out either. You can count on Gload though to keep runners at first and from stealing off of him. Good games but sorry Tigers.

My other preditions...

Phils vs Dodgers: Dodgers
Bo Sox vs Yanks: Bo Sox

Dodgers vs Bo Sox: Dodgers

This is the year!
Don't Tread On Me!

fxramper

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 13):

I'll take the opposite in all your picks.  twocents 

ANCsupercub

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 am

The Twins had a tie breaker game against the White Sox last year. Home field advantage for the game was decided on a coin-flip, instead of head to head regular season record ( the Twins had the better one). The Twins lost the coin flip and lost the game (the Twins play much better at home) This year the rule is different (because of last years result) and the twins are playing at home because of a better head-to-head record against the tigers. I cannot wait. Go Twins!

QXatFAT

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 14):
I'll take the opposite in all your picks.

Just for the heck of it? Or do you think they actually have a chance? I think the "sleeper" team could be the Colorado Rockies.
Don't Tread On Me!

Mir
Topic Author

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 am

It's getting interesting in Minnesota. Oh, what I would do for a TV instead of having to deal with MLB Gameday.  sigh 

-Mir

GQfluffy

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 17):
It's getting interesting in Minnesota. Oh, what I would do for a TV instead of having to deal with MLB Gameday.

Oh I don't know...just when it looks like it's going to go to one team...something extraordinary happens. It's giving me a migraine.

KBUF

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:10 am

And your AL Central Champions are...

The Minnesota Twins.
"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."-Terry Pegula, February 22, 2011

Continental

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 am

Woo! What a fantastic game. I can't wait for the Yankees game tomorrow.

deltairlines

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:20 am

Great game.

Can't wait to go into my office in Richfield, Minnesota tomorrow wearing my Yankees jersey to remind them of who will win the series.

Mir
Topic Author

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:09 am

Quoting Continental (Reply 20):
I can't wait for the Yankees game tomorrow.

Definitely worth it.

CC was on his game, The Captain was just being The Captain, A-Rod finally got off the playoff schneid with a pair of two-out RBI hits, and Swisher got the big hit when it counted.

Wasn't a great start to the game, but it finished happily. Yanks up 1-0.

As for the Phillies, Cliff Lee was masterful, taking a shutout into the 9th before Colorado managed to make it 5-1. Phillies up 1-0 in the series.

Dodgers leading the Cards 4-2 in the 6th at the moment.

-Mir

Mike89406

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:01 am

I just bought my ticket to tommorows game LAA vs Boston. Anyone else going? Anyways it should be fun.

Tiger119

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 4):
But on the other, I am a Joe Torre fan, and I'd like to see him win

I hope you're wrong about the Yankees. I cannot stand them

- I have never been a Yankee fan (probably because of the owner) but I have always liked and respected Joe Torre. He seems like a respectible person.

This is the year!

- That is where my money is for these playoff, especially after starting this five game series 2 and 0!

- I have a rules question. As much baseball as I watch during the season, you would think I would know the answer. During Game Two of the Cardinals - Dodgers series, it was the bottom of the ninth, Cards up 2 runs to 1, two outs with a runner at second base. The count was one ball and one strike. The batter was Blake who was hitting right handed. On the next pitch, the pitch went in the dirt and was stopped by Molina and Blake waved his bat at it but tried to hold it back. Molina appealed to the first base umpire to see if Blake went around on the pitch. The umpire (I don't remember his name) called it a strike which moved the count to one ball and two strikes. Blake made a motion with his (left) arm in apparent disguised. What if Blake argued with that umpire and got tossed? Would Torre have brought in another batter who took up the count as one ball and two strikes or would that have been the third out of the inning and then game over? The series would have been tied at one game each if that had happened

David
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

Mir
Topic Author

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:57 am

Rockies win today to even the series at 1-1, and the Dodgers have taken a 2-0 lead on the Cards, who really have their work cut out for them as the series goes back to STL.

Quoting Tiger119 (Reply 24):
What if Blake argued with that umpire and got tossed? Would Torre have brought in another batter who took up the count as one ball and two strikes or would that have been the third out of the inning and then game over?

Another batter would have come in. If there had been no more players on the LA bench at the time...I'm not sure.

-Mir

Tiger119

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:55 am

I would sort of like to see an Angels - Dodgers World Series! Let's see if the Angels can win game one tonight of this series against Boston.

How did TBS get the television rights to all four divisional series? ESPN had more regular season games on their network than TBS did. I believe TBS had one game a week and that was on Saturday afternoons!

David

Tiger119

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 am

Bottom of the fifth inning and Hunter just went yard with two runners on base. Three to nada, Angels over the 'Sox. Let's go Halos!

vikkyvik

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 am

Quoting Mike89406 (Reply 23):
I just bought my ticket to tommorows game LAA vs Boston. Anyone else going? Anyways it should be fun.

I wasn't at today's game, but I'm going to tomorrow's game. Beckett vs. Weaver.....should be a good one.

Quoting Tiger119 (Reply 27):
Bottom of the fifth inning and Hunter just went yard with two runners on base. Three to nada, Angels over the 'Sox. Let's go Halos!

Lackey had our number today. Well played, Angels  Sad

On another note (and of no consequence to the result of the game), that 1st base umpire needs to start actually watching what's going on at first before he makes a call.

Anyway, let's hope the Sox can tie it up tomorrow!
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Mir
Topic Author

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:53 am

Oh, Boston's not going to be happy tomorrow....

And when Boston's not happy, I am.  biggrin 

Yankees 1 - 0 Twins
Angels 1 - 0 Red Sox
Dodgers 2 - 0 Cardinals (there are going to be Matt Holiday jokes for some time now)
Phillies 1 - 1 Rockies

-Mir

Mike89406

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:28 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 29):
Oh, Boston's not going to be happy tomorrow....

And when Boston's not happy, I am.

Yankees 1 - 0 Twins
Angels 1 - 0 Red Sox
Dodgers 2 - 0 Cardinals (there are going to be Matt Holiday jokes for some time now)
Phillies 1 - 1 Rockies

-Mir

Just got back fromn the game. Wow! I was pretty close to the bullpen and firework shooter.
All I can say is that HR by Hunter was awesome. I got some good pictures from batting/fielding practice will post later. Yeah, Boston's not going to be very happy, lol. I also think that pitch that hit Hunter was intentional.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 28):
Quoting Mike89406 (Reply 23):

I wasn't at today's game, but I'm going to tomorrow's game. Beckett vs. Weaver.....should be a good one.

checkmark 
Mike

[Edited 2009-10-09 00:31:42]

Mike89406

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Heres the Game pictures from last night. Enjoy.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Jane9191...LeagueDivisionSeriesGame1LAAVsBOS#

Mike

Mike89406

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:52 am

Yanks and Angels up 2-0 in the series.

Mir
Topic Author

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:20 am

Two things to take away from the Yankees dramatic victory:

1) Yes, the left field umpire totally blew the call on Mauer's ground-rule-double-that-wasn't. But that's not the reason why the Twins lost. They lost because they left too many men on base, they lost because they couldn't score a single run with bases loaded and none out, and most of all they lost because Joe Nathan couldn't hold a two run lead.

2) A-Rod is out of the postseason funk. Three clutch base hits and a massively clutch home run in two games. Must be the Kate Hudson effect.

The Twins should have won this game. They got great starting pitching, and they managed to get enough timely hits to hand the ball to their closer with a two-run lead. But the Yankees managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, and it's the good teams that are able to do that.

Now, does Minnesota even take a game at home? As a Yankee fan, I want to see Carl Pavano rocked so hard he'll get whiplash from watching all the hits. Maybe he can actually help the Yankees win in the postseason after all.  biggrin 

As for the Red Sox, Beckett and Lester have combined for 0 wins and 2 losses. Not good. Though I can't say I'm complaining.  Smile

And it's supposed to be in the 20s (Fahrenheit) tomorrow in Denver when the Phillies and Rockies resume the series.  cold 

-Mir

Moose135

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:57 am

You think they will let that umpire bring his guide dog and cane on the field for the next game? That was just a horrible call.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

PSA53

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Quoting Moose135 (Reply 34):
You think they will let that umpire bring his guide dog and cane on the field for the next game? That was just a horrible call.

Yeah,there's been a lot of bad calls.Line calls,pitches and tags.Maybe MLB needs to bring full replay reviews for the playoffs.But not for regular season.Just HR's calls.

I'm ecstatic that my Angels are 2-0 against Boston.Hope they can sweep and return the favor of past humiliations.But always caution lies when playing this club.The starting pitching and even the bullpen,which has been very suspect,has been spectacular.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

san747

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:40 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 33):

And it's supposed to be in the 20s (Fahrenheit) tomorrow in Denver when the Phillies and Rockies resume the series. cold

Indeed it is there, and the game has been postponed. I'm actually wondering what the coldest game of baseball ever played was.
Scotty doesn't know...

vikkyvik

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 35):
But always caution lies when playing this club.

Plus we're going home to Fenway for the next two games  Smile

Had fun at the game last night....with the exception being that the Sox lost  Sad

Pains me to say it, but well done Angels...again.

On another note, quite a few almost-fights near our seats. Way more than I've seen before at Angels-Sox games...even playoff ones. It's always sad to see - there are all these little kids around, having the time of their lives being at a ballgame, and there are all these drunk-off-their-ass "adults" around them, acting like 3-year-olds.

I've generally always enjoyed going to Angels-Sox games in Anaheim because the crowd is relatively mellow - some decent trash-talking, but nothing serious. So I was a bit disappointed last night. Oh well.

max550

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Yeah,there's been a lot of bad calls.Line calls,pitches and tags.Maybe MLB needs to bring full replay reviews for the playoffs.But not for regular season.Just HR's calls.

I don't know, it was a bad call but it's the way it's always been. I think the season and playoffs are long enough to even out any bad calls. Football has to have replay reviews because each game is so important and a season can be won or lost on a bad call. Baseball is long enough to avoid those issues and as much as I hate to see calls like the one last night it almost always evens out and the better team wins.

Quoting San747 (Reply 36):
Indeed it is there, and the game has been postponed. I'm actually wondering what the coldest game of baseball ever played was.

Best I can find is a Pirates-Cubs game in '05. I can't find the actual temperature but I believe it was in the teens with a 36mph wind, so a windchill well below zero.
Sucks to see that tonight's game has been postponed, I think Pedro could have handled it since Montreal and Boston aren't known as the warmest cities to play in, but I think they made the right decision since it will be warmer tomorrow.

PSA53

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes! yes! No,I'm not coming off having some great sex,damn. The Angels just did it! They swept the Red Sox.The Angels we're behind 4-6 to Boston with two outs and rallied for 3 runs in the ninth off Papelbon.

Some payback,finally.About time! Angels advance.

vikkyvik

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 39):
Yes! yes! No,I'm not coming off having some great sex,damn. The Angels just did it! They swept the Red Sox.The Angels we're behind 4-6 to Boston with two outs and rallied for 3 runs in the ninth off Papelbon.

Some payback,finally.About time! Angels advance.

For the 3rd time in 4 days, well done Angels. You guys were clearly the better team this year.

Damn, that loss really hurt.

EMBQA

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 39):
Angels we're behind 4-6 to Boston with two outs and rallied for 3 runs in the ninth off Papelbon.

They lost the World Series that way too back in 1986........ Just one more out is all it would have taken..
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

PSA53

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 40):
For the 3rd time in 4 days, well done Angels. You guys were clearly the better team this year.

Thanks.Long time coming.

Boston has always been thorn on our backside.I express the tremendous respect for the Boston Red Sox over the years and even today, because up until the ninth, Boston look like they we're going to give us a bad time again.

[Edited 2009-10-11 13:29:22 by psa53]

kc135topboom

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:35 pm

I like to see anyone beat the Yankees.

Quoting Fxramper (Reply 7):
I'd like to see the Angels spank the Yankees in the ALCS.

Now that they beat my Red Sox, I want to see this too.

How can you bet against the Bo Sox when they play the Angels in the playoffs?

My other preditions...

Phils vs Dodgers: Dodgers
Bo Sox vs Yanks: Bo Sox

This is the year!

Maybe for LA, but not Boston.

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 16):
I think the "sleeper" team could be the Colorado Rockies.

I think they are still sleeping.

I'm ecstatic that my Angels are 2-0 against Boston.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 37):
Plus we're going home to Fenway for the next two games

Yes, it does, congrads to the Halos. Now kick some NYY ass.

CaliAtenza

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:36 pm

yep  Smile. Hey you are one of the mellow Boston fans...all the crazies seem to be out in force every year!

Mir
Topic Author

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Closers who have blown games leading to big losses for their teams thus far:

Ryan Franklin (not exactly his fault, but he still gave up two hits after Holliday's error)
Joe Nathan
Jonathan Papelbon

Franklin and Nathan likely cost their teams the series, Papelbon did. Makes you really appreciate Mariano.  yes 

Yankees vs. Twins in just over an hour - I would like nothing more than to see Carl Pavano get shelled.

-Mir

san747

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:16 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 43):

I like to see anyone beat the Yankees.

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 43):

Quoting Fxramper (Reply 7):
I'd like to see the Angels spank the Yankees in the ALCS.

Now that they beat my Red Sox, I want to see this too.

Definitely. I'm from SoCal, but I actually wanted the Sox to take the ALDS... but now, its time for the Angels to kick some ass and knock out the Skankees!
Scotty doesn't know...

Moose135

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:39 am

Quoting San747 (Reply 46):
but now, its time for the Angels to kick some ass and knock out the Skankees!

Amen to that!
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

Continental

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:45 am

Boourns!

Even though the Yanks are my 2nd favorite team (legit - originally from NE NJ), I want to Angels to win. With the death of Adenhart and all, they deserve it. GO Angels!

GQfluffy

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 am

Quoting Continental (Reply 48):
With the death of Adenhart and all, they deserve it.

Just because a team mate died doesn't mean they deserve anything. I hate it when people try to incorporate death into the picture.

Which ever team plays the best will take it. Adenhart won't factor in to anything.