Aaron747
Topic Author

Two Women Fight On SF Bus - Caught On Tape

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:32 am

If anyone needs any proof about the ineptitude of the SF Municipal Railway's overpaid idiot staff, this video is proof enough. As a former resident, my reaction is "been there, seen that!". Note how in the last minute or so MUNI staff can be seen clearly outside doing absolutely nothing. Five bucks says the driver was chatting to a friend on their cellphone or another rider at the time. Serious anger management issues here too - the Chinese woman barely nudged the other woman's bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rm4SazjKsQ

On the other hand, that hottie who intervened can ride my bus anyday  Big grin
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Pellegrine

RE: Two Women Fight On SF Bus - Caught On Tape

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 am

Hilarious.

I've seen a few fights and rude drunkards/doped-up people (including a guy sitting in back smoking a "dipper" wearing his pants on top of his head) back in my days of riding public trans. too.

To be fair to the driver though, what are they supposed to do? I know the Metrobus drivers in DC will basically pull the bus over and make them both get off, or if it's bad enough they'll call the cops. They're just at work, they don't want to get involved.
oh boy, here we go!!!

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Thread starter):
Serious anger management issues here too - the Chinese woman barely nudged the other woman's bag.

Both women needlessly escalated this, but the African-American woman was clearly "more in the wrong" for waving her hands in the other woman's face and then finally striking her.

Gotta love the Chinese woman's taunts of "FAH YU!" though...
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Superfly

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:22 am

More reasons why I chose to pollute and leave a huge carbon foot-print here in San Francisco by driving a car.
MUNI has failed the city on every front. It's not reliable, not safe and no longer a cheap alternative.
Why should the bus driver care? He/she has excellent benefits and more job security than a United 747 Captain.
Glad the Chinese lady kicked that b!tches @ss!

[Edited 2009-10-09 03:24:07]
Bring back the Concorde

Goldenshield

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 3):
More reasons why I chose to pollute and leave a huge carbon foot-print here in San Francisco by driving a car.
MUNI has failed the city on every front. It's not reliable, not safe and no longer a cheap alternative.

I think what you are really trying to say there is that you would rather drive around in your flashy car and make everyone else jealous of how cool you are.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

futurepilot16

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 pm

laughing   laughing   rotfl   rotfl  . Funniest thing i've seen in a while. Two grown women fighting like they're in middle school.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

DocLightning

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:50 pm

I agree. It's a major problem with San Francisco. You can't trust that the bus will show up when it says it will, you can't trust that the trip won't take six times longer than it should, and the system is difficult to navigate.

As soon as my ankle is finished healing, I'm getting a bike.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Airstud

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Superfly - Don't forget the "wanna go on strike" BART "drivers," who make between $60,000 and $140,000 for pressing the "close doors" button, and voted to go on strike when the BART district asked them to start paying a nickel into their own pension plans?

Last time I paid attention to Muni (and I re-arranged my life to take place in the East Bay, Peninsula, or Marin so I wouldn't have to ride it), the drivers' union had a clause in their contract by which they could cause six injury accidents before they became "eligible for discipline."

Eligible.

So cause six traffic accidents with a 60-foot bus and discipline will still be optional.

There are so many reasons to hate this town - I really hope I get that new job in Miami.
Pancakes are delicious.

falstaff

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:59 pm

It's not reliable

Only the 60 plus year old PCC cars are reliable. I have worked around PCCs before and my dad has done heavy repair to them. They are bullet proof and easy to fix.

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 5):
Two grown women fighting like they're in middle school

I see that stuff all the time around the D town.

Quoting Goldenshield (Reply 4):
I think what you are really trying to say there is that you would rather drive around in your flashy car

No, the fly liked to drive around before he had a flashy car.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 6):
I agree. It's a major problem with San Francisco. You can't trust that the bus will show up when it says it will, you can't trust that the trip won't take six times longer than it should,

You also have to worry about bums taking a dump on the bus or peeing on your leg. Fly, didn't you see a guy jacking off on the bus once?

Quoting Pellegrine (Reply 1):
I've seen a few fights and rude drunkards/doped-up people

I saw to guys get in a fight on an SF bus over spilled fruit. It was funny as hell. The bus was so crowded that the two guys could hardly move and the fight was over as soon as it started. That stuf doesn't bother me much. Just another thing that makes a funny story.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Aaron747
Topic Author

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 8):
Only the 60 plus year old PCC cars are reliable. I have worked around PCCs before and my dad has done heavy repair to them. They are bullet proof and easy to fix.

There were formerly several lines using the PCC cars around the city - unfortunately they were all replaced by those awful Boeing contraptions in the '70s. The Breda cars are much better but completely lack class.

You also have to worry about bums taking a dump on the bus or peeing on your leg. Fly, didn't you see a guy jacking off on the bus once?

I've seen a guy jacking off ON the bus stop (don't know what's so hot about a route map, but to each their own I guess) on the 5 at Divisadero, and I've also seen a woman run up to a bus stop with a baseball bat and go after a guy she apparently didn't like somewhere in SoMa.

Nice to see the occasional junkie arranging stuff in their little go-pack across the aisle now and then as well  Yeah sure
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Superfly

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Quoting Goldenshield (Reply 4):
I think what you are really trying to say there is that you would rather drive around in your flashy car and make everyone else jealous of how cool you are.

No it's not my car that makes me cool.  Wink
Seriously though, I'll ride my bicycle when possible rather than ride MUNI.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 6):
It's a major problem with San Francisco. You can't trust that the bus will show up when it says it will, you can't trust that the trip won't take six times longer than it should, and the system is difficult to navigate.

checkmark 
....and this is a city that tells us to be 'green' and encourage using MUNI? That is partially why I've hopped off the environmental bandwagon a few years ago. I used to have faith in our system. But after being late for work on several occasions and almost end up late for job interviews, I said screw it!
Even under optimal operating conditions, it takes almost 1 hour to get from the Outer Sunset where I live to the Financial District/Downtown. It's only 4 miles away!
If I didn't have to wear business attire, I'd ride my bicycle to work.
Now I budget out 2 hours to get downtown when riding MUNI.

Quoting Airstud (Reply 7):
Superfly - Don't forget the "wanna go on strike" BART "drivers," who make between $60,000 and $140,000 for pressing the "close doors" button, and voted to go on strike when the BART district asked them to start paying a nickel into their own pension plans?

Don't EVEN get me started on those BART operators!  mad 
Just like MUNI, unless your father, uncle, cousin or parent works at BART, don't even bother applying for a job with them. Those jobs are set aside for the relatives of those who already work there.
It's a very secure job with excellent benefits and they don't even have to work late hours.
BART doesn't run 24 hours because most of the people there don't want to work graveyard. I don't buy that maintenance excuse they cooked up for not being a 24 hour system.
On top of that, BART is very expensive to ride. Even in my gas guzzler, it's still cheaper to drive than take BART.

Quoting Airstud (Reply 7):
So cause six traffic accidents with a 60-foot bus and discipline will still be optional.

....and they get free therapy.
Hell they can get a free sex-change at the taxpayers expense!
No joke!

Yes. I have seen a man masturbate on the bus.
That didn't bother me so much. What bothers me is when they urinate, defecate or vomit. That stuff smells and can slide all over the place.
The grosses thing I've seen was a homeless guy vomit on a lady wearing a business dress suit. She looked to be on her way to a job interview or important meeting. I felt really bad for her. The vomit not only ruined her clothes, but it got in to her bag that was carrying her laptop and other items. The homeless guy just walked off at the next stop as if nothing happened.
Stuff like this happens on a regular basis.

Now here is another recent MUNI story much worse than these ladies brawl;

http://cbs5.com/local/muni.bus.stabbing.2.1171337.html

An 11-year-old San Francisco boy stabbed on a Muni bus...

Hatim Mansori was riding home alone from baseball practice Tuesday after school when a man attacked him at the back of the bus, stabbing him once in the abdomen, according to police.

....doctors said he could have bled to death if he had arrived five minutes later.

...the attack was completely unprovoked. Mansori had been sitting with a balloon on his lap at the time,

Muni officials confirmed a surveillance camera monitoring the back of the bus had not been working at the time.

The suspect has not yet been arrested,

WTF?
Those expensive surveillance cameras are brand spanking new!
An 11 year old kid was almost killed!
A smelly homeless bum got away on foot in a densely populated area?
No one had the balls to try to stop this bum? Most bums are not that strong either.
Our system in this town is completely defunct and they have the nerve to enforce fares?
Had this bum not had a transfer (proof of payment) I am sure authorities would have caught him immediately.

....and on top of all of this, Gavin Newsom, Board of Supervisors and treehugging environmentalist tell us that we shouldn't drive??!?!?!?!
This is the main reason why I have given the entire 'green' movement the BIG MIDDLE FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring back the Concorde

Airstud

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Well, I would not forsake the whole green movement. I figure I can recycle (which I do obsessively) and compost and turn off my nonessential lights & other gear whenever I'm not using them, without professing allegiance to Newsom and Co.

But I arrived in SF from the Boston suburbs, a born-and-raised, dyed-in-the-wool Volvo Democrat, and less than five years of Bay Area life turned me into a staunch conservative.

Gerardo Sandoval, elected to the Board of Supervisors by the people of San Francisco, goes on national television and says, "the United States should not have a standing military."
Pancakes are delicious.

falstaff

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 10):
Had this bum not had a transfer (proof of payment) I am sure authorities would have caught him immediately.

I doubt it. The bum would never pay his fine so there would no point for them to write him a ticket. You one the other hand look like you have the ability to pay so they will fine you.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 10):
No one had the balls to try to stop this bum?

Too many people in SF and other cities see the homeless as a problem that needs to be solved with compassion and won't do a thing that might hurt " these poor down trodden people". A vast majority of homeless are just worthless bums leaching off of society. Too many people see the homeless as pets that need to be taken care of not the pests that need to be eliminated that they really are. Every city on the west coast sends their bums to SF because they will be out of their hair and the city of SF will be nice to them.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 9):
The Breda cars are much better

It is difficult to imagine the Breda cars being better than anything.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

johnboy

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:28 pm

The kid getting stabbed was a much worse event but didn't get the national press because no one thought to videotape it and slap it up on You Tube.

Honestly, i can't figure out why this story has "legs." This shit happens all the time on Muni, for chrissakes!

LH459

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 12):

Heh heh, I guess you never rode on one of the Boeings, then? Those things were terrible. I really don't mind the Bredas at all, though they lack character.

As for the topic at hand, I've witnessed far worse things on Muni myself. I've seen knives, guns, heard death threats...I don't ride Muni unless I have to. Nepotism has completely undermined that agency! It's really unfortunate, because good public transportation is essential in a city like SF, with very limited parking.
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

Airstud

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Falstaff, do you have some numbers (from various metro studies programs, or the Coalition for the Homeless, etc.) to back up the idea that the "majority" are worthless bums? I have no doubt that some of them are, but I do wonder about the numbers. My problem isn't so much that a city shouldn't "be nice" to them; it's that the same liberals who complain about the homeless problem are the ones who fight hardest against the only realistic solutions to it. Namely mayor Jordan's "Matrix" program, which was really just a strict program of enforcing the loitering statutes; homeless folks would get picked up for loitering and routed to area shelters, if appropriate. After Jordan left office the homeless population visibly increased by seemingly tenfold. Jordan's left-wing opponents said the program violated those homeless folks' "civil rights." Are these same liberals making the same noise in wintry climes? There they'd be crusading for the homeless and poor's "right" to freeze to death!!

Only in San Francesspool could the Breda cars genuinely count as an improvement.

BTW everyone, I do not like San Francisco.
Pancakes are delicious.

Superfly

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Quoting Airstud (Reply 11):
But I arrived in SF from the Boston suburbs, a born-and-raised, dyed-in-the-wool Volvo Democrat, and less than five years of Bay Area life turned me into a staunch conservative.

I am more of a Rust-Belt Democrat. Born & raised in the Chicago area, then Los Angeles. (I never embraced Hollywood).
I always buy American when possible and suppor unions.

I figure I can recycle (which I do obsessively) and compost and turn off my nonessential lights

Me too but that's just common sense.

Gerardo Sandoval, elected to the Board of Supervisors by the people of San Francisco, goes on national television and says, "the United States should not have a standing military."

I was disappointed to hear him say that. Gerardo Sandoval was my favorite member of the Board of Supervisors too. Even after that foolsih remark, I still respect Gerardo Sandoval more than Newsome's puppets such as Bevan Dufty, Sean Elsbernd and Michela Alioto-Pier. They are the worst of the lot!
...and don't get me started on that that horse face, home-wrecker, whore, opportunist, drag-queen D.A. named Kamal Harris!  mad 
I am still a Democrat but I just can't embrace the eco-freak wing of the party.

[Edited 2009-10-09 12:34:59]
Bring back the Concorde

LH459

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Yes, that was shameful! Almost as bad as the Berkeley city council declaring the Armed Forces recruiting office "an unwanted intruder." These episodes only serve to perpetuate negative stereotypes about the Bay Area. For the record, I moved here from Cambridge, Mass. myself, and I still love it here, in spite of these idiots. Most of my neighbors in Oakland are honest, hard-working, politically moderate folk like myself.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 16):
and don't get me started on that that horse face, home-wrecker, whore, opportunist, drag-queen D.A. named Kamal Harris!

Oh, don't get me started on her, either! She ruined my friend's life!  Angry
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

Mike89406

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Quoting LH459 (Reply 17):

You must be talking about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLzmmYEIJE

Mike

Superfly

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:27 am

Quoting LH459 (Reply 17):
Oh, don't get me started on her, either! She ruined my friend's life!

Really?
What is his/her story?
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:48 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 9):
There were formerly several lines using the PCC cars around the city - unfortunately they were all replaced by those awful Boeing contraptions in the '70s. The Breda cars are much better but completely lack class.

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!  Wow!

Aaron my friend, you have GOT to be kidding?
The Boeing trains were a lot better than the Breda turds that replaced them.
At least on the Boeing trians, you could open the window when a bum takes a crap or urinates in the aisle.
Not to mention, the many smelly bums that don't wear deodorant hops on the train. I miss being able to open a window to get fresh air.
Those Breda trains arrived fresh off the boat with problems and after 4 years of service, 1/3rd. was out of commission and needed major servicing.

I doubt it. The bum would never pay his fine so there would no point for them to write him a ticket. You one the other hand look like you have the ability to pay so they will fine you.

Therefore, the city is encouraging you to look and smell like a bum. I can just wear some old beat up clothes and not shower for a few days and get a free ride on MUNI.  banghead 

A vast majority of homeless are just worthless bums leaching off of society.

checkmark 

Too many people see the homeless as pets that need to be taken care of not the pests that need to be eliminated that they really are.

The homeless and their advocates need their teeth kicked and ran out of our city on a rail!!!!!!!

checkmark 

Quoting Airstud (Reply 15):
Falstaff, do you have some numbers (from various metro studies programs, or the Coalition for the Homeless, etc.) to back up the idea that the "majority" are worthless bums? I have no doubt that some of them are, but I do wonder about the numbers.

That stupid Hollywood actor governor we used to have from 1966 to 1974 released a lot of crazy people from nut-houses so they can live on the streets.

Quoting Airstud (Reply 15):
Jordan's left-wing opponents said the program violated those homeless folks' "civil rights." Are these same liberals making the same noise in wintry climes? There they'd be crusading for the homeless and poor's "right" to freeze to death!!

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Airstud get's it!
I used to be a homeless sympathizer when I first moved here. Many of the homeless advocates claim that the high cost to buy a home in San Francisco is the cause of homelessness in San Francisco.  gasp 
Considering that these people are mostly mentally ill and drug addicted, there is no way in hell that these people would ever be able to hold a serious job, qualify for a $700,000.00 home loan or even be able rent a place for $1,000.00 per month.
In all of the years I put in ads for roommates in shared rentals, I've never had a homeless person come look as a potential renter.

We need to bring back the nut-houses and throw these bums back in to these nut-houses!

Quoting Johnboy (Reply 13):
The kid getting stabbed was a much worse event but didn't get the national press because no one thought to videotape it and slap it up on You Tube.

checkmark 

That story would expose some serious flaws with MUNI.
Flaws much worse than the obvious.
Keep in mind, many riders and former riders are angry about the fare increases, fare inspectors, cuts in services ON TOP of the routine malfunctioning system.
To expose that these brand new cameras don't work would be bad P.R. for MUNI.
The cost to repair these cameras would be much less than what MUNI pays their fare inspectors.
The fare inspector positions were created for relatives of MUNI that were not competent enough to be bus/train operators.
Bring back the Concorde

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 20):
At least on the Boeing trians, you could open the window when a bum takes a crap or urinates in the aisle. Not to mention, the many smelly bums that don't wear deodorant hops on the train. I miss being able to open a window to get fresh air.

A fair point about the windows. Though on most mornings, the area between SF State and West Portal is too friggin cold to have the windows open.

The homeless and their advocates need their teeth kicked and ran out of our city on a rail!!!!!!!

I used to be a homeless sympathizer when I first moved here.

Ditto. I wonder how many San Franciscans have similar experience. The hardcore homeless advocates are just certifiably loco. When I interned at the Redevelopment Agency, we had a project on 6th and Mission delayed for five months because the homeless coalition threatened to sue with the claim that our affordable housing criteria didn't include homeless! Great idea - turn a new building with a lot of affordable units and green technology into an SRO  Yeah sure

The fare inspector positions were created for relatives of MUNI that were not competent enough to be bus/train operators.

If that's not an indicator of serious lack of anything resembling skill, I don't know what is. To drive a MUNI train: let ATS create, implement, and eventually worsen even the slightest delay in the Castro or Market tunnels.

To drive a MUNI bus: follow the herd started by the first guy to get off his extended break. Occasionally spend 20 minutes getting help from other MUNI staff when you can't get the trackless trolley caternary re-attached to the lines because you took a corner turn too fast and/or wide!!

Superfly

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 21):
Though on most mornings, the area between SF State and West Portal is too friggin cold to have the windows open.

I rather freeze instead of smell dookie!

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 21):
Ditto. I wonder how many San Franciscans have similar experience. The hardcore homeless advocates are just certifiably loco.

These homeless advocacy groups masquerade as non-profits. They should have their non-profit status revoked and forced to take in the very homeless they advocate for.
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 pm

As shown on TV on the KRON. Local news station in San Francisco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wetmfClMLk8&feature=related

Chinese (Cantonese) translation
In high-definition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJ7zhduESY&feature=related

Dance remix version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lur3vIvH9tc&feature=related

Traditional Chinese instrumental version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONLzOTCIVOo&feature=related

If you want a coupon for a local Chinese restaurant, download this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iujaAJs_BYA&feature=related

Rap version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zOOCtF51Z4
Bring back the Concorde

Pellegrine

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 23):
Chinese (Cantonese) translation
In high-definition

Hilarious Superfly, you made me choke up with laughter with all these versions!!!  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 
oh boy, here we go!!!

Superfly

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:30 am

Quoting Pellegrine (Reply 24):
Hilarious Superfly, you made me choke up with laughter with all these versions!!!

唔使客
m̀hsái haakhei

Smile
Bring back the Concorde

alberchico

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:33 am

Breaking news:

The chinese lady involved in this incident speaks to the cameras for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKcovAC3Js

razz   Big grin  Big grin
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Superfly

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 am

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 26):
The chinese lady involved in this incident speaks to the cameras for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKcovAC3Js

That's a guy.
Bring back the Concorde

alberchico

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:50 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 27):
That's a guy

that was the joke

Wink
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Superfly

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:55 am

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 28):
that was the joke

He was funny though.  Smile
MUNI officials and their buddies in the local media are probably afraid to talk to that lady or anyone involved. This video revealed many flaws in their system.
I encourage more people to boycott MUNI and drive, ride a bike and/or refuse to pay fares and ride for free.
MUNI's problems have NOTHING to do with money.
Bring back the Concorde

alberchico

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:09 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 29):
This video revealed many flaws in their system.

To be fair it was a long accordion bus that was packed so the driver probably didn't even see the fight until it was over and even then had no way of knowing how bad it was.

So the fares on the BART are calculated based on distance traveled rather than a flat fee.? What a freaking rip off.

In the New York/ Jersey area I can start off from JFK airport travel across the city and transfer to the NJ PATH and continue on to Newark ( a distance of almost 40 miles) all for $4.25

Superfly

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:31 am

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 30):
So the fares on the BART are calculated based on distance traveled rather than a flat fee.? What a freaking rip off.

True.
But this wasn't on BART.
This fight was on MUNI.
Bring back the Concorde

LH459

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 19):
Really?
What is his/her story?

Here's the condensed version: my friend was at her wit's end because her roommate had moved his mother and gang-banger brother into the apartment without her permission. Both of them were very unpleasant people, and were verbally abusive to my friend. The roommate wasn't doing anything about it. One day, after more abuse, my friend left a message on the roommate's cell phone, telling him about the verbal abuse again and saying "I'm so upset, I could kill them." The brother happened to have the roommate's cell phone, heard the message, and called the police. My friend was arrested and held in SF county jail for a month. Kamala Harris prosecuted her as though she had made a legitimate death threat, even though she had no prior record, no weapons, and the fact that her accusers (mother and son) were both convicted criminals and were effectively squatting in her flat. My friend finally accepted a plea deal for time served, so she could get on with her life. She left California immediately afterwards.

Superfly

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Quoting LH459 (Reply 32):
Here's the condensed version: my friend was at her wit's end because her roommate had moved his mother and gang-banger brother into the apartment without her permission. Both of them were very unpleasant people, and were verbally abusive to my friend. The roommate wasn't doing anything about it. One day, after more abuse, my friend left a message on the roommate's cell phone, telling him about the verbal abuse again and saying "I'm so upset, I could kill them." The brother happened to have the roommate's cell phone, heard the message, and called the police. My friend was arrested and held in SF county jail for a month. Kamala Harris prosecuted her as though she had made a legitimate death threat, even though she had no prior record, no weapons, and the fact that her accusers (mother and son) were both convicted criminals and were effectively squatting in her flat. My friend finally accepted a plea deal for time served, so she could get on with her life. She left California immediately afterwards.

WHAT?!?!?!?!  Wow!

That is terrible!
The sad thing is that I am not surprised. This totally sounds like something Kamala Harris would do.
Kamala Harris has an affinity for thugs. She likes giving thugs and convicted felons a free pass and 3rd. chance. She probably has a thugish hood-rat, boy-toy on the side that she sleeps with.
That tramp has the nerve and gall to run for state Attorney General for 2010. There is no way in hell I'd vote for her. If Kamala Harris ends up being the Democratic nominee for Attorney General, I will vote for the Republican candidate.
Bring back the Concorde

F9Widebody

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:02 pm

What bothers me most about MUNI is how many people get in the back door without paying a dime. That's why the fares went up.....
YES URLS in signature!!!

Superfly

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Quoting F9Widebody (Reply 34):
What bothers me most about MUNI is how many people get in the back door without paying a dime. That's why the fares went up.....

No that is NOT why the fares went up. I am glad people board through the back door, particularly on busy routes. It speeds the process and commute times up. I hate it when a line forms on the street to get on the bus while each person takes their turn figuring out how to insert their dollar$ in to a malfunctioning fare collector machine. On weekends on the N-Judah inbound, trains are held up for as long as 15 minutes per stop because of this.

Don't recite the excuse MUNI wants the public to believe.
Bring back the Concorde

LH459

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 33):
The sad thing is that I am not surprised. This totally sounds like something Kamala Harris would do.

Yes, several other people told me the same thing at the time it happened. Apparently she achieves her high conviction rate by prosecuting cases like this.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 33):
. If Kamala Harris ends up being the Democratic nominee for Attorney General, I will vote for the Republican candidate.

checkmark   checkmark  No way in hell would I EVER vote for that woman!

Superfly

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Quoting LH459 (Reply 36):
Apparently she achieves her high conviction rate by prosecuting cases like this.

Yep. She goes after easy targets.
Meanwhile violent attempted murders, vandals and those who have assaulted innocent people freely walk the streets.
There is still a group of vandals going around setting cars on fire and no one has been caught. My next door neighbor's car was set on fire 3 months ago. The city didn't seem to care about investigating. In fact, one city official tried to accused them of insurance fraud!
Kamala Harris hasn't lifted a finger in trying to catch these low-lifes.
She just rather go after Johns exchanging in businesses behind closed doors.

Worst of all she defeated my favorite local politician, Terence Hallinan.
Bring back the Concorde

LH459

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
Worst of all she defeated my favorite local politician, Terence Hallinan.

I really liked him, too! His policies clearly separated violent, repeat offenders from non-violent, minor offenders. I doubt if my friend's case ever would've gone to court on his watch. Harris has sold herself as being "tough on crime," and based that on her conviction statistics. Unfortunately, people are buying it. Meanwhile, a crackhead sparked up his pipe in broad daylight in front of the restaurant where I was having lunch the other day, and the car fires you mentioned still haven't been solved.

Superfly

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Quoting LH459 (Reply 38):
I really liked him, too! His policies clearly separated violent, repeat offenders from non-violent, minor offenders. I doubt if my friend's case ever would've gone to court on his watch.

Very true. San Francisco was a safe city under his administration as well. Terence Hallinan lost a lot of support from the Democratic machine as a result. The local media always bashed him on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, people are buying it.

Yes it and it's very sad.

and the car fires you mentioned still haven't been solved.

I doubt those will ever get solved. Even if they catch these animals, they wont get punished. They'll probably get therapy.
It looks like we're going to be stuck with Kamala Harris for awhile.  Sad
Same for Nathaniel Ford who is in charge of MUNI should also be send back to Atlanta.
I haven't seen any improvements under his reign.
Bring back the Concorde

F9Widebody

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 35):

No that is NOT why the fares went up. I am glad people board through the back door, particularly on busy routes. It speeds the process and commute times up. I hate it when a line forms on the street to get on the bus while each person takes their turn figuring out how to insert their dollar$ in to a malfunctioning fare collector machine. On weekends on the N-Judah inbound, trains are held up for as long as 15 minutes per stop because of this.

Don't recite the excuse MUNI wants the public to believe.

I have been on buses where the bus had to wait before departing while people boarded in the rear door and nothing was happening upfront. It's also where the homeless board.
YES URLS in signature!!!

F9Widebody

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:52 am

On weekends on the N-Judah inbound, trains are held up for as long as 15 minutes per stop because of this.

Although I admit this is a good point...
YES URLS in signature!!!

Superfly

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 am

Quoting F9Widebody (Reply 40):
I have been on buses where the bus had to wait before departing while people boarded in the rear door and nothing was happening upfront. It's also where the homeless board.

Quoting F9Widebody (Reply 41):
Although I admit this is a good point...

Not everyone boarding through the back is a fare evader. Many already have transfers and fast-passes. It's simply quicker to board through the back sometimes. Not to mention, too many riders don't understand that they need to move back instead of standing in the aisle up front. In many cases, drivers tell passengers to board in the back to speed things up.

The fare inspectors aren't bringing in new revenue to MUNI. The little extra cash MUNI aquired has gone to cameras that do not work and adding more buses on existing routes that are already well served.
Routes that have poor service continue to have poor service. Even when MUNI was flush with cash, MUNI still had problems. Money is not the problem at MUNI.
Bring back the Concorde

DocLightning

Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 pm

And it's so easy to fix, too! Ban cash fares and institute punch cards! Why does MUNI not have punch cards for people who want to ride the bus intermittently but not every day?

I refuse to take MUNI at all because I can't get a punch card and I'm sick and tired of feeding dollar bills into those machines. Give me a punch card and I'll ride.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Superfly

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 43):
And it's so easy to fix, too! Ban cash fares and institute punch cards! Why does MUNI not have punch cards for people who want to ride the bus intermittently but not every day?

...and you live in a part of the city that has better MUNI service.
It only takes you 45 minutes for the 1.5 mile commute to downtown.

As far as your punch card suggestion, that requires intelligence on MUNI's part. Don't expect that from them.
Bring back the Concorde

Airstud

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Doc, would you really? MUNI vehicles are super-grimy, super-gross, and full of gross people. As a committed germophobe; I haven't set foot on ANY MUNI conveyance in countless years. So convinved I'll get typhoid, or hepatitis, or...well I don't know. Something.

I live in constant fear of the germs on the sidewalk as well.

Nice going.
Pancakes are delicious.

czbbflier

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:01 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Thread starter):
Five bucks says the driver was chatting to a friend on their cellphone or another rider at the time.

Aaron747, I think we've found a crease in your armour (I just HAVE to avoid the pun if I were to replace 'crease')..... You seem to be the exemplary personification of coolness as a cucumber when facing an onslaught of Republican Hawks. But here, you seem to lose a little perspective and I must call you on it.

While I have not ridden the MUNI in SF for a very long time and it is possible that things have gone to Hell in Handbasket, as a transit operator I have to say that this is an unfair statement. Five bucks the driver was unaware of the situation almost 60 feet behind. Trolleys are not quiet machines- the motor resinates and even drowns out the most boistrous conversations. Since most of the shouting is in Cantonese, how is the driver, who may only speak English, have any idea of what is being said?

Why should the bus driver care? He/she has excellent benefits and more job security than a United 747 Captain.

redflag My job is not to get involved in peoples' petty squabbles. It is definitely not to stop fights. As for more job security- the bus is the means of transportation of the proletariat: it is the lowest common denominator. A 747 captain, with all due respect to ALL aviators out there in a.net-land, is subject to the vagaries of the economy. So, in effect, ALL transit operators, worldwide have more secure jobs than 747 captains. But at least the captains don't have to put up with this sort of petty crap.

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 30):

In the New York/ Jersey area I can start off from JFK airport travel across the city and transfer to the NJ PATH and continue on to Newark ( a distance of almost 40 miles) all for $4.25

Paying fares based on distance travelled is a rip off? Your example is more like a rip off to the tax payer. In Vancouver we use a zone system: a flat fee system, if you like. You can travel for miles and miles for $2.50, but if you cross a zone boundary, it's $3.75. A person can travel from UBC to Boundary Road, a distance of about 5 miles for $2.50. But a person who travels 1/2 a mile from Kingsway and Lincoln to Metrotown, a major shopping district only 1/2 a mile away, costs $3.75. Where's the fairness in that?

Superfly

Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 am

Quoting Czbbflier (Reply 46):
While I have not ridden the MUNI in SF for a very long time and it is possible that things have gone to Hell in Handbasket,

In the 15 years I've liked here, MUNI has always been plauged with problems. When were you here?

My job is not to get involved in peoples' petty squabbles. It is definitely not to stop fights.

I agree and I certainly didn't mean to come off as if I was disrespecting your profession.

bus is the means of transportation of the proletariat:

Not really. In this city our local politicians encourages everyone to ride the bus to help stop the polar ice caps from melting.
Bring back the Concorde

czbbflier

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 47):
When were you here?

I was in San Francisco about 10 years ago for a business meeting- I stayed the weekend and rode the MUNI a few times. I found nothing out of the ordinary. But then again it was middle of the day and ten years ago.

I agree and I certainly didn't mean to come off as if I was disrespecting your profession.

Thank you. Please understand as well that the benefits and job security transit operators have have nothing to do with whether ops get involved in fights or not. Company policies and workers' compensation rules most often do. Why would I want to risk getting stabbed or something if the workers' compensation won't cover me?

Cops have tasered people for less violence than what we saw on this video. The Braidwood Inquiry looking into the death of Robert Dziekanski at YVR learned that the four burley RCMP officers 'felt their lives were in peril' and responded by tasering him four times when Dziekanski waved a stapler around 'in a threatening manner'. I digress but you get my point, I hope.

Not really. In this city our local politicians encourages everyone to ride the bus to help stop the polar ice caps from melting.

Of course transit is part of the solution- imperfect as it may be. However, one rarely finds a homeless, unemployed drug addict driving a Mercedes S-500. Transit is therefore the transportation option of the masses- hence the proletariat. And because everybody has to get around, the bus will always be around. That's what gives ops like me job security.

But let's be clear: transit is not the vehicle (pun not intended) nor the time for people to learn respect and common courtesy- although riding a bus is definitely one time when both not only come in handy but are necessary for a safe, enjoyable ride. What was missing in this video was both in both participants. Too bad neither remembered what they were taught in play-school.

How quickly things get out of hand and how violent things can become is why we just drive the bus.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm

But at least the captains don't have to put up with this sort of petty crap.

Dunno about that - an AA flight diverted to SFO flying DFW-NRT just a couple weeks ago because of unruly passengers.

While I have not ridden the MUNI in SF for a very long time and it is possible that things have gone to Hell in Handbasket

That is the source of my consternation sir. As a former SF resident and lover of the city, one of its most rotten abscesses aside from what goes on in City Hall over the homeless issue is, unfortunately, the transit body. MUNI is a disaster from A to Z and the F-line is the only thing remotely worthy of respect in the entire system. What's the point to having service within 2 blocks of every residential address if it's disgusting, staffed by lazy bums, and hopelessly late on a daily basis??

In this city our local politicians encourages everyone to ride the bus to help stop the polar ice caps from melting.

LOL! Little to they realize the fair city is hardly large enough to be making much of an impact. Blame the rest of the Bay Area and all those bridge 'n tunnel folks - that's what provincialism is for, after all!