seb146

Footloose Music

Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Last night, we were watching Footloose the movie on CMT. How irritating there were so many commerical breaks! I have the DVD also and I am wondering two things:

1. The scene where Ren (played by Kevin Bacon) is dancing in the factory because he is mad. I could have sworn the first couple of hundred times I saw the movie, that he was dancing to a different song. Anyone remember if it was or not?

2. When Ariel (played by Laurie Singer) gives Ren the music box after she was beaten by her ex, there is an instrumental version of "Almost Paradise" playing. Stringy and sappy, but then, a guitar starts playing. I have always throught that was so cool. It plays a couple of more times after that, too. Anyone know who did that?
Life in the wall is a drag.

Superfly

RE: Footloose Music

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Thread starter):
"Almost Paradise"
Anyone know who did that?

"Almost Paradise" - Ann Wilson and Mike Reno.
Ann Wilson (Heart)
Mike Reno (Loverboy)

Quoting Seb146 (Thread starter):
1. The scene where Ren (played by Kevin Bacon) is dancing in the factory because he is mad. I could have sworn the first couple of hundred times I saw the movie, that he was dancing to a different song. Anyone remember if it was or not?

"Never" - Moving Pictures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footloose_(soundtrack)
Bring back the Concorde

seb146

RE: Footloose Music

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 1):
"Almost Paradise" - Ann Wilson and Mike Reno.
Ann Wilson (Heart)
Mike Reno (Loverboy)

Ha. Ha. Ha.

There was that one at the dance at the end, but there was another version, an instrumental, when Ren went to save Ariel after she got beat up and she gave him a music box.

I wonder why people think that is a gay movie......

Quoting Superfly (Reply 1):
"Never" - Moving Pictures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footloo...rack)

I thought, for some reason, that was a different song in that scene. Foreigner or something. Guess not.
Life in the wall is a drag.