jetplaner

Montreal Alouettes Win 97th Grey Cup

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:59 am

Tonight, the Montreal Alouettes defeated the Saskatchewan Roughriders in a 28-27 victory in the 97th Grey Cup. The Riders led the game all the way up until the last play, when Damon Duval missed a 43 yard field goal. The Alouettes got a second chance when the Riders were penalized for having too many men on the field. Damon Duval then kicked a 33 yard field goal to win the Grey Cup. Rider fan are VERY disappointed. The flights back to Regina wont be very happy. What a way to end a season for the Riders, in such a close loss. I guess the 13th man really does make all the difference. Your thoughts?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...5mrm06xfFDGt-KoXVKarzHkYAD9C9JNGG0

-Jetplaner

scrubbsywg

RE: Montreal Alouettes Win 97th Grey Cup

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:33 am

Quoting Jetplaner (Thread starter):
The flights back to Regina wont be very happy.

by flights you of course mean the drive on their tractors right?

it was a great game to watch. I dont know how many times in the last bit after a play i said 'that is the game', like the two sacks to take MTL out of field goal range, and the missed convert, and the fumble on the punt, etc. But montreal stuck through. one of the best grey cups i have watched.

Curtisman

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 am

I don't watch football but...

YEAH MONTREAL!!!!!!
Citizen of the World

Tesko

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:06 am

It was a disappointing loss for the Riders, the last 10 seconds were intense and it was a great football game. I am making excuses here but the Riders lost because they made a technical mistake, not because they didn't play well.

photopilot

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Quoting Tesko (Reply 3):
the Riders lost because they made a technical mistake

Well you can call it a "technical mistake" but what it was was a complete breakdown of the mental aspect of competition. And everybody knows that high-level sports is just as much a mental game as a physical game.
That's where experience and age worked in Montreal's favour. Don't worry, Saskatchewan will be back stronger mentally next year.

But I've got a smile a mile wide on my face this morning being a Montreal fan (born and bred).

Tesko

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:36 am

Yeah I agree, after half time both teams made for an exciting game and in the end Montreal came out on top. I still have faith in my Rider Pride though, we were so close! haha.