slz396

P2P Program, Which Do You Use And Why?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:05 pm

I am looking for a good P2P program to install on my computer, but those that I've tried aren't living up to the expectations.

I've used Kazaa and Bearshare before, but I am looking for something else, which hasn't been hijacked by the music/film industry yet.

Any suggestions?

metroliner

RE: P2P Program, Which Do You Use And Why?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Quoting Slz396 (Thread starter):
I've used Kazaa and Bearshare before

Ouch. I made the same mistake  Smile These were pretty awful even way back when. In my opinion, the way forward are sites like Rapidshare, although there are even ones which allow multiple downloads per day for free that are faster and better. Megaupload springs to mind, but I'm not sure if they still do that for free.*

Of course, torrents are still around and a you can't go far wrong with the Pirate Bay and a good program like BitTorrent or uTorrent.*

I presume you won't be using this all for strictly legal purposes. Still, if you're aware of the risks, and are prepared to continue, then these are good places to start. Not condoning it myself, or admitting I've ever done it, or anything, of course.

Cheers,

Toni

* repeats to self "I cannot incriminate myself - I cannot incriminate myself - I cannot incriminate myself"  Wink
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

Francoflier

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

A friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin of the sister of my brother's wife's aunt told me that Ares is a good P2P program, light on the system and with access to a good P2P network. It even downloads torrents very well, although it is not very good at sharing them afterwards.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

metroliner

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Quoting Francoflier (Reply 2):
sharing them afterwards

That's illegal! Embarrassment
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

DeltaMD90

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Actually I've used torrents a lot--legally. A lot of game mods use torrents rather than their own bandwith. I use uTorrent. Be careful tho, it's not always easy to tell if it's legal or not, if you have doubts, just say no!  Smile
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)