sudden

Dakar Rally 2010

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 pm

The cars are rolling off the podium at the moment of writing.

I'm most likely not the only one who follow this rally year after year. I really enjoy watching it for many reasons.
I don't think it was such a bad move to move it to South America. The challenge is just as hard, and just as spectacular to watch. So for me who sit at home on the couch it has not changed anything.

VW/Red Bull seem to have geared up to the max, and it would not surprise me if one of their cars take home the win for the cars.
I don't have any particular driver I cheer on. I'm just enjoying watching it all.

So the major players among cars would be BMW, VW and Nissan this year. Not so sure if Mitsubishi is really up there this year.(?)
Robby Gordon's car looking mean as always.  Wink

So lets see if we can try to keep up to date with drivers and other spectacular action going on through the rally.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

RE: Dakar Rally 2010

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 am

Quoting Sudden (Thread starter):
Not so sure if Mitsubishi is really up there this year.(?)

Mitsubishi don't have a works team this year, only privateers using last years cars I think. I expect it to be all Volkswagen led by Carlos Sainz. He was unlucky last year and probably would have won it if he knew about that ditch.

Quoting Sudden (Thread starter):
I don't think it was such a bad move to move it to South America. The challenge is just as hard, and just as spectacular to watch. So for me who sit at home on the couch it has not changed anything.

Hopefully it goes back to Africa at some point given that Dakar is in Africa.

sudden

RE: Dakar Rally 2010

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Peterhansel has moved in to the lead after stage 3. Saints in the VW is 4,33 minutes behind.

On the sad side a female spectator lost her life after a (German) driver crashed and ran in to spectators.
The spectators were standing at a place where they were not allowed to stand.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!