D L X
Topic Author

Sarah Palin Gets A TV Contract... With Fox News

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100111/ap_on_en_tv/us_palin_fox_news

I'm surprised it's Fox News, since the word on the street was that she would host a talk show. Her role at Fox will be as a pundit.

Honestly, as much as I am looking forward to her exposing herself for what I think she is (low on substance), I think this is the absolute best way possible for her to prove me wrong. If given the chance to talk in depth about substantive issues, either she will impress people with her knowledge (and forever shake the Couric interview off), or will inform her that she lacks such depth.

Good job, Sarah, and I really mean that. You've pushed all your chips into the pot. Now, the question will be whether you have a good hand, or if you are bluffing.

Dreadnought

RE: Sarah Palin Gets A TV Contract... With Fox News

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Quoting D L X (Thread starter):
Honestly, as much as I am looking forward to her exposing herself for what I think she is (low on substance), I think this is the absolute best way possible for her to prove me wrong. If given the chance to talk in depth about substantive issues, either she will impress people with her knowledge (and forever shake the Couric interview off), or will inform her that she lacks such depth.

I agree. It's time to put up or shut up - on both sides. We will see.

I'm surprised it's Fox News, since the word on the street was that she would host a talk show.

They already host Huckabee's show - which frankly I hope is cancelled. Dreadful. Maybe one time out of 10 he'll have something interesting, but otherwise a waste of time.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - W. Churchill

dxing

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 1):
I agree. It's time to put up or shut up - on both sides. We will see.

No matter what she says, or how right her insights prove to be, this will be nothing but fodder for Olberman and Maddow. They've already made up their minds.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 1):
They already host Huckabee's show - which frankly I hope is cancelled.

Add Beck to that list. Shrill and predictable only go so far. I do like the musical guests that Huckabee has in from time to time though.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

D L X
Topic Author

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 2):
this will be nothing but fodder for Olberman and Maddow.

So? If they say absurd things about her, it will show. If they say on point things about her, it will probably be stuff that is said by others as well.

I personally don't make up my mind based on what Olbermann and Maddow say. It's just more data to me.

Quoting DXing (Reply 2):
Add Beck to that list.

Interesting to hear you say that.

Dreadnought

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 3):
So? If they say absurd things about her, it will show.

Well you have to admit that they have said and done some outrageously stupid things in the past, and their defenders will never even admit it. Like when that Gerofolo (sp?) woman saying that the tea party movement was purely motivated by racism and nothing else, and Olbermann was just agreeing with her all the way?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - W. Churchill

D L X
Topic Author

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 4):
Well you have to admit that they have said and done some outrageously stupid things in the past, and their defenders will never even admit it.

I personally don't have to admit it since I rarely watch their shows.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 4):
Like when that Gerofolo (sp?) woman saying that the tea party movement was purely motivated by racism and nothing else, and Olbermann was just agreeing with her all the way?

I actually did see that episode, and Garofalo (I think that's right) really disturbed me. As you may know, I hate protests, no matter what position you're arguing, because they are today so obnoxious that that obnoxiousness overpowers whatever point they were trying to make. I feel the same way about Jenneane Garofalo. I mean, it's so intense, that her appearance on 24 (a favorite show) nearly made me not want to watch. (Fortunately, they balanced her with some tasty eye candy.)

jcs17

RE: Sarah Palin Gets A TV Contract... With Fox New

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 2):
this will be nothing but fodder for Olberman and Maddow.

Quoting DXing (Reply 2):
Shrill and predictable only go so far.

You were saying?

Olbermann has a segment called "Worst Person of the Day!?" I mean, if that isn't shrill I don't know what is. I've watched some Olbermann and Maddow, they both, as liberals do, run on sheer emotion. It's like watch petulant, emotional 12-year old children try to debate news.

Look, if the Fox News lineup was "shrill and predictable," I don't think they'd destroy MSNBC in the ratings. You might say, "But, that's because only Republicans watch." Not so, FNC has more diversity in viewership than CNN and MSNBC.

I'm pretty ambivalent about Palin, it will be interesting to see how she does.

[Edited 2010-01-11 14:07:41]
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

cytz_pilot

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Good job, Sarah, and I really mean that. You've pushed all your chips into the pot. Now, the question will be whether you have a good hand, or if you are bluffing.

Yeah that. I don't often agree with her viewpoints but I really admire her charisma and strength of personality, and this is one of the best avenues I think she can take.

Dreadnought

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 5):
As you may know, I hate protests, no matter what position you're arguing, because they are today so obnoxious that that obnoxiousness overpowers whatever point they were trying to make.

Isn't that part of the point? With all the Tea Party protests that went on around the country, including a couple of very big events in Washington, as I recall, there were no arrests, no burning cars, no vandalism of any kind. In addition after the Tea Party in Washington, the protestors even cleaned up after themselves, and before/after pictures comparing the tea parties vs the Obama innauguration were all over the place. The Tea Party protesters were not out there just as an excuse to trash the town (like G8 protesters). They were responsible, came to make their point non-violently, and tried their best to ensure that their protest did not destroy anyone's property. Do you still find that obnoxious? I wish all protesters were so well behaved.

D L X
Topic Author

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 8):
Isn't that part of the point?

NO!

I had prepared a lengthy response, but protests are completely off topic to discussing Palin's getting a contract.

D L X
Topic Author

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Quoting Cytz_pilot (Reply 7):
Yeah that. I don't often agree with her viewpoints but I really admire her charisma and strength of personality, and this is one of the best avenues I think she can take.

It will be very interesting to say the least about what she says and how much she shows off her brains.

The next question will be however, does this mean she's out for 2012? No journalist has ever gone from journalism/punditry to the presidency. The closest I can think of was Al Gore, who obviously didn't win. We'll see what happens to Lou Dobbs.

Mir

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Are we seeing the start of a new trend where political hopefuls get their own shows on the 24-hour "news" networks in order to build their personas for future election? Part of me says that it might be useful, but another part of me says that it's only going to lead to further polarization.

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 6):
Olbermann has a segment called "Worst Person of the Day!?" I mean, if that isn't shrill I don't know what is.

Yeah, it's shrill. So is O'Reilly's "Patriot and Pinhead" segment.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Ken777

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:53 pm

I think Sarah might wear even some conservatives out. She does have the ability to talk for 15+ minutes and not really say anything - the debates clearly showed that.

And there will probably be some dumb statements that she'll make. But look at Harry Reid. That's nothing new for a politician.

And I would bet that her contract includes a wardrobe allowance.  laughing 

futurepilot16

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 pm

This has to be the funniest story of the day. I will be looking forward to plenty of laughs from her. Good luck to her at Faux, it couldn't be a more perfect fit.  laughing   rotfl  . And they say they're not an arm of the republican party. It's kind of like saying if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's cat.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

johnboy

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:09 am

Does this mean she's going bottle blonde and getting breast implants?

I mean...it IS Fox News after all....... Silly

This is a role she was born for.....to be in front of a TV camera.

usair320

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 13):

This has to be the funniest story of the day. I will be looking forward to plenty of laughs from her. Good luck to her at Faux, it couldn't be a more perfect fit. . And they say they're not an arm of the republican party. It's kind of like saying if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's cat.

As a Republican I acknowledge Fox has a pro-GOP bias. Now will you acknowledge MSNBC (and to a lesser extent CNN) has a Pro-Democrat bias??????

futurepilot16

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 am

Quoting Usair320 (Reply 15):

As a Republican I acknowledge Fox has a pro-GOP bias. Now will you acknowledge MSNBC (and to a lesser extent CNN) has a Pro-Democrat bias??????

Obviously.

I have to admit that I like Fox's coverage because the love denying it, but it's so clear to see their bias, which is funny to me. So when I see them using misleading footage or seeing Beck go off on another of his chalkboard conspiracies, I find it funny. But they would defend it to death that they don't have a bias. I'm pretty sure MSNBC would do the dame thing.

Quoting Johnboy (Reply 14):

This is a role she was born for.....to be in front of a TV camera.

I was thinking of a different camera
 bouncy   Big grin

[Edited 2010-01-11 16:41:52]

ltbewr

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:10 am

Why am I not surprised at this. She only has to work a few days a week at most, probably gets paid a lot more than being a Governor, maybe good benefits for her and her family and will be among friends. It's too bad she doesn't have the intellectual status to really contribute to the political debates of our times.

Yellowstone

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:28 am

I'm surprised it's Fox News, since the word on the street was that she would host a talk show. Her role at Fox will be as a pundit.

Not terribly surprising to me. Palin has shown that she's decent at public speaking when she knows in advance/is told in advance what she is going to say, so the commentator job is perfect for her. She can't really speak off the cuff in the way that you need to be able to do in order to conduct interviews and such.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

Dreadnought

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 am

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 19):
Palin has shown that she's decent at public speaking when she knows in advance/is told in advance what she is going to say, so the commentator job is perfect for her. She can't really speak off the cuff in the way that you need to be able to do in order to conduct interviews and such.

Huh? Commentators generally are off the cuff. They may have gotten enough time concerning the subject matter to put together maybe 40-60 seconds of prepared remarks, but the rest of the time on the air, they have to improvise.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 17):
It's too bad she doesn't have the intellectual status to really contribute to the political debates of our times.

We will see, although you seem to have already made up your mind.

Falcon84

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 am

Perfect marriage if you ask me. All the righties who buy her mindless crap now can get more of the crap every day. And the rest of us know where to avoid her mindless crap.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 20):
Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 17):

It's too bad she doesn't have the intellectual status to really contribute to the political debates of our times.

We will see, although you seem to have already made up your mind.

Duh, Charles-most of us made up our minds after we watched, with horror, the Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric interviews a year ago, and how inept she was.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MoltenRock

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 am

Just another empty headed, pretty face, to serve up Republican Puppy Chow for their loyal followers I suppose.

The fodder from her gaffes should be amusing.

DocLightning

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:03 am

I'm debating whether watching her is going to be more amusing or more painful.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

futurepilot16

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 21):
the Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric interviews a year ago, and how inept she was.

In all seriousness, I was beyond shocked when I saw the Couric interview. It wasn't sad to me, but I couldn't believe the republicans would even nominate her for VP. I thought it was a joke. I hope she says more funny stuff on fox. But, as I said, this is all a front for her for 2012. Getting her rating up with conservatives so she can get their full support in 2012.

Dreadnought

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:06 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 21):
Duh, Charles-most of us made up our minds after we watched, with horror, the Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric interviews a year ago, and how inept she was.

Which is a pretty dumb thing to say. The "Bush Doctrine question" was intentionally vague (I could list a half-dozen different policies that have been called "the Bush Doctrine" at various times). If Gibson had asked me that question, I would have asked back, "Which one?". Palin's response was no different. Couric's "what do you read" was an incredibly stupid question. But you guys believed the spin and swallowed it hook, line and sinker. It speeks very poorly of you to hold those up as your decision points.

[Edited 2010-01-11 18:11:27]

Aaron747

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:14 am

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 6):
Look, if the Fox News lineup was "shrill and predictable," I don't think they'd destroy MSNBC in the ratings. You might say, "But, that's because only Republicans watch." Not so, FNC has more diversity in viewership than CNN and MSNBC.

You've got it backwards. They destroy everyone in the ratings because they're the most controversial. Controversy always sells in media, regardless of the format. Do you really think there are enough teen goths in America for Marilyn Manson to have actually sold 25 million records? Aside from a few good covers his music itself is not that innovative or groundbreaking.

Basically FOX is a win-win situation. Diehards like yourself watch their favorite personalities and liberals with a fixation on reasons to whine can't stop watching so they can take notes to blog on. Either way it amounts to a lot of ratings.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MoltenRock

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:21 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 26):
They destroy everyone in the ratings because they're the most controversial.

Yup. The cost of manufacturing said controversy however is truth, and the American public is worse off for it.

Falcon84

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:22 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 25):
Which is a pretty dumb thing to say. The "Bush Doctrine question" was intentionally vague

What the hell is so vague about answering: "Charlie, I am for pre-emptive action to stop terrorism before it hits the U.S. That is why I supported the invasion of Iraq by this administration."

THAT IS THE BUSH DOCTRINE! And she didn't have a freaking clue. You had a clue, didn't you? Was it "vague" to you then, or are you just so afraid of saying anything negative about the woman? She's an airhead, Charles. She couldn't even answer a softball question from softball thrower Katie Couric! She has no ideas of her own-there's not doubt she's borrowed them from everyone else, with the exception of "I like guns, low taxes, and Russia is over there", what has she EVER SAID that makes anyone believe she's anything more than good-looking lightweight?

Unbelievable.
Work Right, Fly Hard

NIKV69

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:35 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 26):
You've got it backwards. They destroy everyone in the ratings because they're the most controversial.

Oh please.. You watch Rachel Maddow, Matthews and Schutlz then watch O'Reilly, Greta and Hannity. It's not even close who is more controversial. Fox is watched more because they don't spin things and spew the hatred you get on the other left wing networks.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):
THAT IS THE BUSH DOCTRINE! And she didn't have a freaking clue. You had a clue, didn't you? Was it "vague" to you then, or are you just so afraid of saying anything negative about the woman? She's an airhead, Charles. She couldn't even answer a softball question from softball thrower Katie Couric! She has no ideas of her own-there's not doubt she's borrowed them from everyone else, with the exception of "I like guns, low taxes, and Russia is over there", what has she EVER SAID that makes anyone believe she's anything more than good-looking lightweight?

The loathing and hatred that comes out of you is so amusing, as is the fear. Get used to her you are going to see a lot more of her next three years.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

MoltenRock

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:36 am

Although I will say, using ratings as some sort of "winner" and claiming 1 or 2 million is a lot. How many people are there in the USA now, 305 million or 310 million?

Then again, John Stewart's Daily Show scores 1.5 to 2 million and sometimes more. Maybe controversy isn't as compelling as humor and farce?

Dreadnought

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):
What the hell is so vague about answering: "Charlie, I am for pre-emptive action to stop terrorism before it hits the U.S. That is why I supported the invasion of Iraq by this administration."

The following policies were called the Bush Doctrine in the press:

1. The trend toward unilateralism, starting with Bush's renounciation of the ABM Treaty

2. The declaration that "we will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them."

3. The Policy of pre-emptive strikes, "If we wait for threats to fully materialize, we will have waited too long"

4. The policy declaring that the United States should actively support democratic governments around the world, especially in the Middle East, as a strategy for combating the threat of terrorism

These were all well-covered at the time. There is no single "Bush Doctrine".

When Palin asked for clarification (correctly) as to which one, Gibson grudgingly explained (incorrectly) that the Bush doctrine “is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense.” To be precise, it was partially true.

It was a trick question. Had she immediately answered in respect to pre-emptive strikes, he could have embarassed her that the Bush Doctrine was in respect to promoting Democracy, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure he was prepared to do that. It was intended to influence stupid people among the electorate, and it worked. On the other hand if Gibson didn't know that there were multiple answers, he's a moron, and I don't think he is.

[Edited 2010-01-11 18:46:05]

Mir

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:22 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):
Oh please.. You watch Rachel Maddow, Matthews and Schutlz then watch O'Reilly, Greta and Hannity. It's not even close who is more controversial.

You are absolutely correct. It's not even close.

Fox is watched more because they don't spin things and spew the hatred you get on the other left wing networks.

Just because something claims to be a "no spin zone" does not make it so. There's plenty of spin coming out of Fox.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Falcon84

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:49 am

The loathing and hatred that comes out of you is so amusing, as is the fear.

Steeeeerike One!!!

Steeeeerike Two!!!

Steeeeerike Three!! NIK is outta there!  rotfl 

None of the above, NIK. Sorry.

I don't loathe the woman. I pity those-like yourself-who actually think she has ANY political talent or will. She has neither. She's a QUITTER.

Hatred? I save that for those who truly deserve it: Osama bin Laden comes to mind; Some who are dead who still get it are Saddam Hussein, Josef Stalin, Adolph Hitler; Scrambledbrians Khomeini. President Iwantajihad in Iran also leaps to mind. Truly despicable people in the world, who make this world a worse place. That's not something Sarah Palin remotely approaches. I think, according to her beliefs, she is a decent person, but I have no use for her politics or her bluster. And I certainly have no use for her lack of knowledge on important issues.

As for fear. Again, you're wrong. What little bit of "fear" I had about her, in the sense of possibly turning the '08 election around, ended when I watch the interview with Charles Gibson, and she proved she didn't know crap about issues. The Katie Couric interview only cemented the fact that she was out of her league. Fear? No, not at all. YOu can't fear that which is irrelevant.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 am

Quoting Usair320 (Reply 15):

Absolutely. No brainer.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 31):

When Palin asked for clarification (correctly) as to which one,

Bullshit, Charles. She said to Gibson "In what way, Charlie", and never did ask for any clarification.

And, again, if you can tick off what it is, in part, don't you think the Republican nominee for VPOTUS could have at least answered SOME of it? ANY of it? Why are you trying to apologize for her appalling lack of knowledge. Charles?

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 31):
It was a trick question.

redflag 

Bull, again, Charles. It was a question she could have answered-on any of the subjects you ticked off, had she had a clue. There was nothing "trick" about it. Stop brown-nosing the woman. She didn't have a clue. You know it; I know it; everyone knew it.

Have you REALLY become that much of an apologist for anything on the right, that you can't even call this one the way you REALLY know it went down? Incredible.
Work Right, Fly Hard

usair320

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:51 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 34):
Absolutely. No brainer.

Thank you.  Smile

Now on to the new Palin gig.........I hope she get's a multi-million dollar contract at FOX to host her own show and stay there. Let me tell you why. I want the GOP to win in 2012, and if Palin were to run for the nomination and win, I believe she would go down in a crushing defeat even against a not so popular President Obama (which I predict will be the case in 2012, unless he turns into the next Clinton and get's a Republican congress in 2010 and begins to impliment more moderate policies) and I think that would cripple the party. She's simply not presidential. I think we need to run a solid conservative who truley believes in a limited federal government and will begin to really re-examin what government really ought to be doing (Possibly looking at eliminating the department's of Education, Energy, and HUD). Now this may sound like a long shot for a GOPer, but I'd also like to see someone who would re think American foreign policy. I mean why do we have a military presence in nearly 150 nations when we can hardly defend our homeland these days thanks to the bloated beucracy at the CIA? Why do we continue to give billions upon billions of dollars in foreign aide when we can't even pay our own bills at home? I would go as far as to say that our homeland is less safe with such a stretched military. I would also like to see someone look into American monetary policy. The fed is magically printing paper money out of thin air when the constitution is quite clear that gold and silver are the only legal tender.We should atleast get someone who is willing to audit the fed. Now who would this person be? He's probably a long shot candidate, but I happen to be quite fond of former NM governor Gary Johnson. Now being a bit more in touch with reality I happen to like Sen. Jim Demint (R-SC), Mitt Romney (R-MA), Bill Weld (R-MA), Jon Huntsman (R-UT), and John Ensign (R-NV). Essentially anyone but Sarah, even that jacka$$ Rudy would be better.

futurepilot16

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 am

Fox is watched more because they don't spin things and spew the hatred you get on the other left wing networks.

Please don't say that dude. Ya just sound ignorant. FOX DOESN'T SPIN AND SPEW THINGS??? Oh my goodness. I mean seriously, I know you didn't type that with a straight face.

Go to google and search Fox "News". You will find nothing but evidence of them skewing their reports and spitting hate. I love how much the right wingers at Fox hate the left for not punishing Reid, but wasn't it Beck who said Obama was a racist? Then if Obama is a racist then why does the right care so much?

D L X
Topic Author

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 25):
I could list a half-dozen different policies that have been called "the Bush Doctrine" at various times

Well, I'm sure that if Gibson had asked you you would have come up with at least one possible definition, possibly many. Palin produced none. That's why I think she's an airhead, and I look forward to her proving me wrong.

Look, if this Fox News experiment is successful for her, she's gonna be president someday. Maybe not in 2012, but someday, because the thing that's stopping her now is that independents think she's a f----ng bimbo-brain who's not remotely ready to be in charge of running the country. If she does well as a pundit, she'll change their minds.

Fox is watched more because they don't spin things

That's a really ignorant comment.

Fox is the king of spin. I mean, who else would find out that Obama went to a school in Indonesia and immediately call it a madrassa? (Steve Doocey. That's who.)

spew the hatred you get on the other left wing networks.

Obama has "exposed himself as a guy" with "a deep seated hatred for white people"

-- Glenn Beck.

Seriously Nick, you lose all credibility with your constant defense of Fox News as being unbiased.

sv7887

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:34 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 33):
She didn't have a clue. You know it; I know it; everyone knew it.

I have to agree. Initially I thought the Palin pick was a great one. But the more I saw of her, the more I realized she's at best an amateur. I wasn't impressed with how she repeatedly gave the same stump speeches (selling the business jet on Ebay blah blah blah). She seemingly had a superficial knowledge of the issues, and her performance in the VP debate was not professional in my opinion.

This is the Presidency of the United States we're talking about. It's not something that lends itself well to on the job learning as we've seen repeatedly.

Sarah was a decent governor and this will be a good gig for her. If she has been mis-characterized by the media, well this is her chance. I think she wasn't as bad as the press put her out to be, but she isn't the folksy soccer mom that she puts herself out to be. Some of her conduct as Governor and Mayor show some heavy handed tendencies when people stood up to her.

At the minimum she gets to make some money and build herself up for a future run if she thinks she'll win. Sarah is much like Hillary though, opinions of her are so polarized that I doubt she can easily win.

Hopefully we'll get fresher candidates for 2012 and beyond. I think the anti incumbent sentiment is going to linger regardless of party affiliation. The system is just too corrupt right now.

Rara

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 am

Brilliant. I hope she runs in 2012! It'd be extremely entertaining to watch. Comedy galore.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

baroque

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 37):
the more I realized she's at best an amateur.

Gotta disagree there. I have no idea what it is she is trying to do, but it is a really professional job.  Wink

Falcon84

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 28):

Funniest line in the whole damn thread. There isn't a shred of truth to it, but it does make one  rotfl 
Work Right, Fly Hard

Elite

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 33):
Absolutely. No brainer.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 40):
Funniest line in the whole damn thread. There isn't a shred of truth to it, but it does make one rotfl

While I'm glad that at least some people out there are willing to admit the biases towards the Democratic party from channels like MSNBC and CNN, Fox News is also unfairly attacked because it is probably the only major network that leans towards the right. I can't deny that there isn't some spin to Fox News' reporting, but like you said - that happens everywhere, just different ends of the political spectrum.

johnboy

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm

It's my understanding that she's hosting a series of shows on a somewhat irregular schedule, a la Ollie North's "War Stories." She'll have plenty of time to bone up on topics, and do enough re-takes to make her seem passably intelligent.

I'm not expecting to see her sitting next to that Charles Krauthammer anytime soon.

D L X
Topic Author

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Quoting Johnboy (Reply 42):
I'm not expecting to see her sitting next to that Charles Krauthammer anytime soon.

That would be too bad, because that is how she could really show off the fact that she has a brain.

The BIGGEST knock against her is that people don't think she's smart. She needs to sit down for Fox News Sunday and shows like that and show off that she is deeper than we think.

Dreadnought

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Quoting Johnboy (Reply 42):

Well, that's what she needs to do to come off as believable. It would be an excellent forum to show that she can articulate her thoughts on the fly.

I have not heard anything about her being limited as you describe. I heard she starts making the rounds of the prime time talk shows tonight.

NIKV69

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 32):
YOu can't fear that which is irrelevant.

Irrelevant? Could have fooled me? 2012 will be fun pal. Just because Palin isn't a Havard eduacted elitist with book smarts doesn't mean she isn't fit to lead. I mean look at your well spoken college eduacted president now. He is so smart yet he is a total debacle and will be voted out of office in 3 years.

You do hate her because people love her for the fact she is real and doesn't feel the need to cater to the eitist left networks who ambush people with inane talking points like "doctrine" It's ok I will send you some valium when election season rolls around. Your going to need it.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

D L X
Topic Author

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 44):
I heard she starts making the rounds of the prime time talk shows tonight.

I expect a huge bump in ratings tonight then. Everyone wants to know if there's anything between her ears.

My question now is, will it be like an interview with Hannity's trademark softball questions? Which were even softer than Couric's yet seemingly did nothing to piss Palin off.

seb146

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 41):
Fox News is also unfairly attacked because it is probably the only major network that leans towards the right.

Quoting Elite (Reply 41):
While I'm glad that at least some people out there are willing to admit the biases towards the Democratic party from channels like MSNBC and CNN

Here is the thing that bothers me about FOX vs MSNBC: When a right-winger quotes FOX, we are all just supposed to lie down and take it; believe every letter of it no matter who is quoted. Usually Hannity, O'Reilly or Beck. But, when ANYONE even mentions MSNBC, they are told those quotes and sources are no good because they are skewed to the left. Moreover, FOX bills themselves as "Fair and Balanced" yet EVERYONE knows they are right-wing supporters. FOX is the perfect place for Palin because she is so far right and so is FOX.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

MoltenRock

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 47):
FOX is the perfect place for Palin because she is so far right and so is FOX.

It's the only place she's qualified to possibly be. As the American people proved just a year ago, they were tired of ignorant, uneducated, untraveled, simpletons running the US. John McCain was a bad choice for Republicans to begin with, and they sank any possibility of recovery by choosing an Alaskan buffoon to placate the wing nut base.

The Democrats would have needed to run a John Kerry for President, with Dennis Kucinich for VP, to be such a bad choice as the McCain/Palin campaign. The Republicans have no one to blame except themselves and their wing nut contingent.

Predicting with certainty that a sitting President is going to be beaten in an election 3 years from now, is a fool's game. As the American electorate demonstrate repeatedly, they have a very short memory of only a few months at best.

futurepilot16

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 46):
I expect a huge bump in ratings tonight then. Everyone wants to know if there's anything between her ears.

I might actually peek in, while watching TYT