Topic Author

Lane Kiffin To USC

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 am

Let the laughing begin.

Can you say cellar-dwellar?  Smile

JBirdAV8r

RE: Lane Kiffin To USC

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 am

Screw you, Lane Kiffin. I look forward to seeing pictures of you hanging your head in shame after turning USC into the laughingstock of the Pac-10 within two years. Possibly just one.

Pat Summitt for UT football coach! She's more man than he'll ever be!!
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

JBirdAV8r

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 am

And The Rock on the UT campus already speaks volumes on public opinion in Knoxville:

Big version: Width: 604 Height: 453 File size: 50kb
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

futurepilot16

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 am

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 1):
Screw you, Lane Kiffin. I look forward to seeing pictures of you hanging your head in shame after turning USC into the laughingstock of the Pac-10 within two years. Possibly just one.

I agree. What a lowlife. I hated him before he got to Tennessee and I still hate him. Some people say speak soft but carry a big stick, Lane speaks loud as hell, and i've seen his wife's disappointed face at the UT games, he has a small stick Big grin
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

ArmitageShanks

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:59 am

I hated him from the START. He always struck me as a cry baby thug from beginning.

Good riddance.

LTU932

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 am

Well, perhaps once Al Davis fires Tom Cable, you could replace an ex-Raiders coach with another.  Wink

casinterest

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:42 pm

All I can say as a Gator fan is
BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA to Tennessee.

They pushed out Fulmer for this tool  Smile

They deserve what they got.

To USC....What are you thinking?? This guy has not proven himself as a head coach at all.
Remember Oakland? One year at Tennessee shows nothing about his recruiting skills other than he can cry when he looses a recruit.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

DfwRevolution

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 6):
To USC....What are you thinking?? This guy has not proven himself as a head coach at all.

USC is about to be in a world of hurt because of NCAA violations. Who wants to go play or coach for a program that could quickly be hamstrung by all sorts of penalties? Maybe Lane Kiffin was the best they could get.

Personally, I have no vested interest in either university but I would like to see coaches held to the same standard as their players. If you want to leave a contract and go coach at another institution, that's fine. Just be prepared to sit out a year.

USPIT10L

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Quoting DfwRevolution (Reply 7):
USC is about to be in a world of hurt because of NCAA violations. Who wants to go play or coach for a program that could quickly be hamstrung by all sorts of penalties? Maybe Lane Kiffin was the best they could get.

The NCAA is not going to put USC on anything crippling as far as probation goes. Both Oklahoma and Alabama have been on probation but were allowed to participate in postseason games--and look where they've ended the last two years.

Yes, Kiffin is a potential problem long-term, but he does have a long track record with USC, and has brought in good coordinatiors and recruiting people. There's even a possibility Norm Chow will return to USC from UCLA as offensive coordinator.

Tennessee has already contacted Phillip Fulmer about possibly returning as head coach.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

Gatorman96

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 am

Thank God he's out of the SEC. Tennessee's AD should be shown the door for the way he handled Fulmer and the hire of Kiffin. Kiffin ruins every program he is a part of. Time for USC to fall even farther from grace...
Cha brro

EA CO AS

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 am

Any money on Kiffin leaving USC next week to take the Bills job?  Wink
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

thegreatRDU

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm

What on his resume merits this? Honestly I'm still in shock...and what made USC even look at him?
Our Returning Champion