FriendlySkies
Topic Author

Chavez Blames Haiti On US "Earthquake Weapon"

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 am

This is unreal...but if we really do, maybe we could level his house next?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583588,00.html

Quote:

Citing an alleged report from Russia's Northern Fleet, the Venezuelan strongman's state mouthpiece ViVe TV shot out a press release saying the 7.0 magnitude Haiti quake was caused by a U.S. test of an experimental shockwave system that can also create "weather anomalies to cause floods, droughts and hurricanes."

The station's Web site added that the U.S. government's HAARP program, an atmospheric research facility in Alaska (and frequent subject of conspiracy theories), was also to blame for a Jan. 9 quake in Eureka, Calif., and may have been behind the 7.8-magnitude quake in China that killed nearly 90,000 people in 2008.

What's more, the site says, the cataclysmic ruin in Haiti was only a test run for much bigger game: the coming showdown with Iran.

The ultimate goal of the test attack in Haiti, the report reads, is the United States' "planned destruction of Iran through a series of earthquakes designed to topple the current Islamic regime."

The story has since been taken down from the Venezuelan Web site, but a Google cache of the charges remains intact.

The publication of the story came just days after Chavez himself accused the U.S. of using the earthquake as an excuse to "invade and militarily occupy Haiti," a nation so poor that its entire economy is based on foreign aid — particularly from the U.S.

"The empire (the U.S.) is taking Haiti over the bodies and tears of its people," he said at a press conference.

"I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. They are occupying Haiti undercover."

By week's end, some 16,000 U.S. troops are expected to be providing humanitarian assistance in Haiti, where they have taken control of the only working airport and are coordinating relief efforts on the ground.

rfields5421

RE: Chavez Blames Haiti On US "Earthquake Weapon"

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 am

This has been extensively discussed on the Haiti thread. Old news because the story came out a couple days after the earthquake.

I knew Chavez was a lot of things - but a follower of Art Bell ?

LTU932

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 am

I wonder what El Chavo has smoked, because it must have that really psychodelic shit the hippies used to take at Woodstock or something. That guy never ceases to amaze me as to the crap he pukes out of his mouth when it comes to bashing the US and people who are against him.

FlyDeltaJets87

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 am

So who's more of a nutjob?

Pat Robertson saying this earthquake was because Haiti made a deal with the Devil? Or Chavez saying the US caused it with this secret earthquake weapon?
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

CaliAtenza

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:39 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 3):

Pat Robertson saying this earthquake was because Haiti made a deal with the Devil? Or Chavez saying the US caused it with this secret earthquake weapon?

hahah i think prolly both. Chavez is a nut ball, but then again, if you read Micheal Chriton's book: "State of Fear", projects designed to control weather patterns are nothing new.

Flighty

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 am

Why don't we just admit it? It's true. We have an earthquake weapon.  Yeah sure And we would have gotten away with it, too. If not for the world's most brilliant man, Hugo Chavez.

sasd209

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 am

Ahhhh, I see it all now. The Americans caused it, and then they come as occupiers. And even though they sent ships and planes and troops, it's not enough:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583829,00.html?test=latestnews

".......Italy's top disaster official blasted the U.S.-led relief effort in Haiti as a "pathetic" failure that is turning a national tragedy into a "vanity show for the television cameras."......

My relatives in America tell me that their employer is matching individual money contributions to the relief effort. For example, my aunt gives $50 and her employer will match it to be $100. I guess if they do something, they are bad, but if nothing is done, they are bad also?   

edited for spelling, sorry.

[Edited 2010-01-25 22:19:39 by SASD209]

oly720man

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 am

Quoting Sasd209 (Reply 6):
and then they come as occupiers

Well you've got to see how effective the "weapon" was. And, no doubt, hide any incriminating evidence.

I wonder how many other desperately poor countries want an earthquake as well, just so they can get some attention and help. I mean, how many of us would have known anything or done anything about Haiti if there hadn't been a earthquake?
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

mdsh00

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 am

".......Italy's top disaster official blasted the U.S.-led relief effort in Haiti as a "pathetic" failure that is turning a national tragedy into a "vanity show for the television cameras."......

I'd like to see Italy match the level of involvement that the US has before whining about it. Blame America; i'ts easier.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

ltbewr

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am

40-60 years ago, the USA would have it's CIA assissinate this fool and put in some puppet. Of course that is morally wrong and in recent years we get the backlash like from Chavez for those past attempts to have our preferred leader (even if awful to thier own people).

Chavez is destroying his country, human and civil rights, freedom of speech, chasing out the rich he really needs. He is jailing and killing his 'enemies' inside the country. He has become a dictator of the worst sort. He is showing signs of mental instability. Of course as we need his oil so we don't have the leverage USA could use to push him out of office but we must find some diplomatic and economic processes to curb this fool for his own people's benefit.

EZEIZA

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Funny Chavez is saying all this crap and he forgot to mention that even Cuba allowed US aircraft to fly into Cuban airspace for the relief effort.

I'm amazed how this guy still has support, not only within Venezuela but also abroad. Venezuela's economy is deteriorating fast, energy is on critical levels (the people are not too happy about the blackouts) and the current energy crisis is a proof that Hugo didn't invest sh*t. media is being targetted by the govt' and shut down ... and now this. I can't wait for this person (who IMHO might be the missing link in eveloution from ape to human ...) to get out of the picture for good.
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

N328KF

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 pm

The problem with his conspiracy is, if we were capable of starting such an earthquake, it seems to me that there are much juicier targets to aim for.
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

757gb

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

You know what the sad part is? Here we can laugh at it, because people have enough culture to know that he's full of it. Yet among people who are not well informed (and I say this with the utmost respect for everyone) people eat this stuff with a spoon.

I've read discussions in some circles where people defend these ideas and argue to death in favor of them because they see what they want to see... no need to think or get informed about anything, just take whatever comes out of his mouth as holy writ and carry on hating the imperialists. I'm absolutely sick of it, and how this guy gets away with so much. Those in the know just laugh. Those who are not just believe him. And he continues to get away with all his BS.

Every time we have one of these "look at what Chavez just said..." kind of threads my mind keeps going back to the same thing: he is reaching some people (many) with his venom. There are a lot of people/entities playing that game, manipulating people with simplistic arguments and sinking them into misery, both economic and human.

Ok I guess I needed to let that out... thanks for listening.

GB
God is The Alpha and The Omega. We come from God. We go towards God. What an Amazing Journey...

EA772LR

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm

What an A$$HOLE. Chavez and his rhetoric get old real quick. The fact that he is even aloud to speak at the UN is embarrassing.

First of all in order create that much energy to shake an island of that size would require how much power? All of the weapons in our nuclear arsenal-or more?? What an absolute quack.
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

Aaron747

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Courtesy of Herr Chavez: coming to an American defense lab near you - the Star Trek The Next Generation weather modification grid!!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

EA772LR

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 14):
Courtesy of Herr Chavez: coming to an American defense lab near you - the Star Trek The Next Generation weather modification grid!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

DocLightning

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm

I think we figured out what their respective personal hells will be: a small room with each-other for company.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

LMP737

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 14):

Shut your mouth! No one is supposed to know about that.  Wink

He came to this conclusion after how many days in Haiti?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

PacNWjet

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

So now we know what the U.S. government has been developing for all these years at Area 51. The secret is out.

David L

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I wonder what Hugo's user name is at www.ChemtrailCentral.com .

travelin man

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Quoting FriendlySkies (Thread starter):
The station's Web site added that the U.S. government's HAARP program, an atmospheric research facility in Alaska (and frequent subject of conspiracy theories), was also to blame for a Jan. 9 quake in Eureka, Calif., and may have been behind the 7.8-magnitude quake in China that killed nearly 90,000 people in 2008.

So, the US is testing the "earthquake weapon" on ourselves? Finally, proof the US is trying to make California fall into the ocean!!!

CaliAtenza

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 20):

So, the US is testing the "earthquake weapon" on ourselves? Finally, proof the US is trying to make California fall into the ocean!!!

lol...whats with all the Cali hate, hehehe. Yeah seriously i thought the CIA would have assasinated this guy by now; it would have made for a more interesting time.

LTU932

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 21):
Yeah seriously i thought the CIA would have assasinated this guy by now; it would have made for a more interesting time.

Unfortunately, an Executive Order bans them from doing so. However, it does NOT mean they can't depose him in some way (at least by financially supporting any movement that would launch a coup against Chávez, but then we'd have a shitstorm similar to the one in Chile, where the CIA was said to support the murderer Pinochet).

CaliAtenza

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:02 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 22):

Unfortunately, an Executive Order bans them from doing so. However, it does NOT mean they can't depose him in some way (at least by financially supporting any movement that would launch a coup against Chávez, but then we'd have a shitstorm similar to the one in Chile, where the CIA was said to support the murderer Pinochet).

yeah i remember that stuff about Pinochet. When did this Executive Order come into force?

corocks

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Quoting FriendlySkies (Thread starter):
They are occupying Haiti undercover."

Because there is so much there that we would want.......

LTU932

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:03 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 23):
yeah i remember that stuff about Pinochet. When did this Executive Order come into force?

http://www.ford.utexas.edu/library/speeches/760110e.htm#assassination

Refer to Executive Order 11905 by President Gerald Ford. It entered effect on March 1st 1976, was re-affirmed by President Ronald Reagan under Executive Order 12333 in 1981. However, it seems that there may be exceptions, or at least that the ban was relaxed, especially since 9/11.

BMI727

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:20 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 22):
Unfortunately, an Executive Order bans them from doing so.

That is why you do it quietly.
 shhh 
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

LTU932

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 am

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 26):
shhh

Well, if the US government wants to get rid of Chávez "quietly", fine by me.  Wink

rfields5421

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:50 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 27):
Quoting BMI727 (Reply 26):
shhh

Well, if the US government wants to get rid of Chávez "quietly", fine by me

But we are terribly incompetent at such plots.

If we were ever really were good at that sort of thing - do you think Fidel Castro would have been the world leader to hold his position for the longest period of time in the 20th century?

us330

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:56 am

I'd put them both into the category of people that I'd like to lock in a basement room somewhere and then throw away the key.

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 7):
I mean, how many of us would have known anything or done anything about Haiti if there hadn't been a earthquake?

Let's be honest here: how many will still be doing something or following the situation in Haiti a year from now (other than the various NGOs)?

I'm not trying to be insulting, it's just that people nowadays tend to have short attention spans, and will gravitate towards whatever is receiving the most press or whatever is the latest humanitarian/natural disaster or other story that tugs on our heart strings.

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 10):
I'm amazed how this guy still has support, not only within Venezuela but also abroad. Venezuela's economy is deteriorating fast, energy is on critical levels (the people are not too happy about the blackouts) and the current energy crisis is a proof that Hugo didn't invest sh*t. media is being targetted by the govt' and shut down ... and now this. I can't wait for this person (who IMHO might be the missing link in eveloution from ape to human ...) to get out of the picture for good.

Well, when your number 1 supporter abroad is A'jad, you really don't have anything other than marginal international support beyond fellow dictators, cronies, and leftist inclined leaders, like Morales.
He's still in power because he rules with an iron fist, squashes any form of dissent, and rigs elections. From what I understand, the number of Venezuelans who actually support this guy is steadily decreasing (and understandably so given that he's basically put Venezuela up sh*t creek without a paddle). Supposedly, if the most recent elections weren't rigged, he would've been long gone by now.

Quoting COrocks (Reply 24):
Because there is so much there that we would want.......

The only thing there that we would want we already have: it's people, who come to the U.S. and work their tails off. Plenty of children whose parents were Haitian immigrants are now attending top-flight universities, and becoming doctors, lawyers, and other professionals.

LTU932

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:38 am

Quoting RFields5421 (Reply 28):
If we were ever really were good at that sort of thing - do you think Fidel Castro would have been the world leader to hold his position for the longest period of time in the 20th century?

Point well taken.

Mudboy

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:28 am

Sounds like he has seen GoldenEye and Under Siege 2, one too many times.

I think if this was back in the 70s-80s, someone would have put him to sleep by now.

If we had such a weapon, why would you waste it on Haiti, where you are having to send troops, when you could just test it on Venezuela, Iran or North Korea?
Maybe that was how Obama was planning on shutting down Guantanamo Bay, by the year deadline , and they just missed and hit Haiti by accident?? Big grin  rotfl 

4holer

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Surprised no one's shown a pic of Dr Evil or said we require "One Miiiilion Dollars!!"
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

EZEIZA

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Quoting Us330 (Reply 29):
He's still in power because he rules with an iron fist, squashes any form of dissent, and rigs elections

true, but what I meant is that he still does have genuine support. Too many people still believe in the constant BS he says. He is obviously very very close to being a full dictator, but even the worst, most evil dictator can't stay in power with a significant public support.
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

bhill

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Yep, we do..the secret is out. Seeing how he spilled the beans we should use it on his palace..it IS that accurate ya know...
Carpe Pices

ER757

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Let's call it a draw, shall we?  Wink

Every time I think Chavez has said the stupidest thing ever uttered, he manages to lower the bar even further. He's got to go a ways to beat this one though. How can anyone take him seriously?

Danfearn77

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm

They both smoke some good shit. Where do they come up with this crap.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!