MoltenRock
Topic Author

Limbaugh Screams "Retard" - 3 Times

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

I wonder why those conservatives on the Palin - Rahm thread about him saying a plan was "f**king retarded" haven't come out demanding an apology from Rush Limbaugh? Why is that a.net conservatives? Where is your outrage? Should Rush now be fired as well? He even went one further by using "retard" vs. "retarded", and not just once but 3 times.

Quote:
“Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks. They are looney tunes. And I’m not going to apologize for it. I’m just quoting Emanuel, so now there’s going to be a meeting. There’s going to be a retard summit at the White House.”

It is quite interesting that Pills Limbaugh is trying to shift the blame to liberals when it is Sarah Palin and the Republican faux news echo chamber that have taken such great umbrage at the insult. Will Sarah Palin demand an apology from Rush or demand he should be fired?

N328KF

RE: Limbaugh Screams "Retard" - 3 Times

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:51 pm

The station I listen to for my morning drive (WLS AM, Chicago), plays Limbaugh during lunchtime, so I happened to hear this myself when he said it. I just cringed when I heard it.
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

lowrider

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:03 pm

I'll standby to criticize Limbaugh, as soon as you will do the same for Emanunel. Rush should have taken the high road.
Proud OOTSK member

tbar220

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 2):
I'll standby to criticize Limbaugh, as soon as you will do the same for Emanunel.

Your criticism of Rush has nothing to do with Emanuel. That's like a little kid saying, "I'll apologize for hitting him ONLY after he apologizes for hitting me first!" If you just can't get yourself to criticize Limbaugh for this stupid statement, then don't bother saying you will. Either do it or don't.
NO URLS in signature

mt99

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:17 pm

I'll standby to criticize Limbaugh

OK we will wait for you.. What about Palin.. what is she waiting for?
Step into my office, baby

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:19 pm

I'll standby to criticize Limbaugh, as soon as you will do the same for Emanunel. Rush should have taken the high road.

So do you think Rush should resign and "fall on his own sword" as you expected of Rahm? You asked, "is it so wrong to demand a higher level of conduct from those in positions of significant power?"

It's pretty cut and dried. Either someone holds the same prescription for Rush that they do/did for Rahm as a consistent thinker, or they were wrong previously and in fact what Rahm said wasn't any big deal or worth being fired for / resign over.

[Edited 2010-02-04 09:24:43]

Superfly

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Rush should have taken the high road.

Since when has Rush Limbaugh ever taken the high road?
Bring back the Concorde

charlienorth

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 pm

The "word police" need to stop on both sides,we all say shit that could catch up with us,I'm hardly a fan of Rahm but what he said was was a private conversation..he owes no apology to anyone over this.
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

AGM100

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Thread starter):
Should Rush now be fired as well?

Who is going to fire him ? .... he owns EIB ! Sorry ...about that.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

jfk69

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Obviously what he said is disgusting and repulsive, but let's call a spade a spade here. Rush is a radio host who you can turn the dial if you disagree. Rahm is a public figure who represents the country.....Rahm is worse off here.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 9):
Obviously what he said is disgusting and repulsive, but let's call a spade a spade here. Rush is a radio host who you can turn the dial if you disagree. Rahm is a public figure who represents the country.....Rahm is worse off here.

He's using the public airwaves to blast out his "intolerance" as so many Palin conservatives have called it about Rahm.

Rahm was in a private meeting with staffers, whereby Rush blasted it out to however millions of people that are forced to hear it in their workplace, waiting rooms, airports, etc.

I'm sorry but it is either offensive by both people, or it's not. There is no "well..... in this case it could be ..... " without using dubious logic.

If Palin or others have advocated a course of action for one person, it needs to be consistent otherwise, they're hypocrites.

slider

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Will Sarah Palin demand an apology from Rush or demand he should be fired?

You have no sense of humor, do you? Don't you understand tongue-in-cheek humor?

Besides, did he say RE-tard or re-TARD, like in The Hangover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8

dxing

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Will Sarah Palin demand an apology from Rush or demand he should be fired?

rotfl   rotfl 
This is only the 4th or 5th time he's pulled this type of gag. The earliest version of this I can remember was during the Clinton administration. What that report doesn't mention is the fact that before he went on that tirade he said he was going to act just like Emanuel so the entire event was satire with Emanuel as the butt of the jokes for the entire segment which I have linked to below.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...020310/content/01125111.guest.html
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

D L X

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 12):

And thus ends DXing's standing to argue that there's a double-standard.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 11):
You have no sense of humor, do you? Don't you understand tongue-in-cheek humor?

Are you kidding me? I think the whole ordeal is retarded. My point is for all those expressing faux rage against Rahm can't now backpedal over what Rush said. Palin now too is required to step up and condemn Limbaugh as she did with Rahm. That, or the idiot Republicans who were whining to the TV & radio stations about the "insult" admit they were just making stuff up to be partisan over. Either/or.

But it is amusing to see those who were so "deeply saddened" or upset suddenly start making excuses rather than be a stand up, honest, logical person. It's now "but..... but...... but.......... ________". It's hypocrisy of the highest order. And ironic to boot. LOL!

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Quoting D L X:

It reminds me yet again about Republican's glee over going after Clinton over Monica. The Republicans pontificated endlessly in order to get elected about morality and honesty to pander to their wingnut base. Then they would lecture and cluck their tongues at Clinton demanding he be impeached. As each month and year went by almost every one of those "moral" Republicans were exposed to be frauds and pervs. Newt Gingrich had the gall to wax in lofty moral tones about Clinton's bj, while at the same time he was playing hide the sausage in the ho'bag. David Vitter too. Or the men's bathroom airport sex Republican. Republicans really do have the most bizarre, twisted, frequent, sex scandals.

dxing

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 13):

Feel free to elaborate although I doubt you can in any sort of fasion.

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 16):
It reminds me yet again about Republican's glee over going after Clinton over Monica.

That reminds me of how the left could never understand it wasn't about Monica, it was about lying under oath in a court of law which is far worse than any sort of sexual dalliance he could have had with her.

Here we go again folks. Rather than admit their own guy (Emanuel) screwed up and castigate him for it, we turn to looking to see if there is any evidence, even imagined or manufactured if it has to be, to deflect from the original actor. When that doesn't work, Well well well welll.....you guys went after Clinton!!!!!! gets trotted out as some sort of magical talisman.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:05 pm

DXing, you said that Rahm should be fired, and added that a Republican should be fired too if they said it.

Why have you not condemned Limbuagh for saying it 3 times, and rather tried to make an excuse? How can that possibly be logically sound?

NIKV69

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Should Rush now be fired as well? He even went one further by using "retard" vs. "retarded", and not just once but 3 times

Let us be a little clear here. He should not be fired but I was very disappointed in him. I don't get to listen to him often when in NY but I was listening to the show in my car waiting for Travolta to depart and couldn't believe it. He used Rahm's name to try to qualify it as referring to the incident so he would get a pass but his choice to use the word even in that context was very poor. On the heels of a high ranking official being called out on it Rush should have made mention of it and let it go. Instead he resorted to the tactics we see with the likes of Levin and such. I think Rush is beginning to lose his mind. At a time when he could do the GOP a ton of good he just puts his foot in his mouth.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

IMissPiedmont

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

The "word police" need to stop on both sides,we all say shit that could catch up with us,I'm hardly a fan of Rahm but what he said was was a private conversation

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 7):
The "word police" need to stop on both sides,we all say shit that could catch up with us,I'm hardly a fan of Rahm but what he said was was a private conversation..he owes no apology to anyone over this.

Damn right, even if he said it in a broadcast interview. It's time for people to quit crying so much about damn words.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

D L X

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 17):
Quoting D L X (Reply 13):

Feel free to elaborate

MoltenRock beat me to it. (Though it's laughable that you didn't get it in the first place.) See below:

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 18):
DXing, you said that Rahm should be fired, and added that a Republican should be fired too if they said it.

Why have you not condemned Limbuagh for saying it 3 times, and rather tried to make an excuse?

Inquiring minds want to know, DXing!

BMI727

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

There are plenty of things to criticize Rush for, but just usning the word "retard" isn't one of them.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

flanker

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I wonder why those conservatives on the Palin - Rahm thread about him saying a plan was "f**king retarded" haven't come out demanding an apology from Rush Limbaugh? Why is that a.net conservatives? Where is your outrage? Should Rush now be fired as well? He even went one further by using "retard" vs. "retarded", and not just once but 3 times.

Sorry but he is right. This political correctness bullshit needs to stop.

Second he is completely correct about liberal activists who really are retards,retards,retards.

Third no I will not demand an apology from a private party.

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 18):

Your retarded tries at this wont work. So just give up now because its really retarded. And last time i checked Rush is not part of the current administration.

[Edited 2010-02-04 12:05:19 by flanker]
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Quoting Flanker (Reply 23):

Your retarded tries at this wont work. So just give up now because its really retarded. And last time i checked Rush is not part of the current administration.

Double standards much? If it's wrong to say in public, then anyone saying it is wrong. Making up loopholes of why its wrong for one person vs. ok for another isn't logically sound now is it?

Conservatives just need to admit they never cared about it in the first place but were just trying to hamstring the administration and create a conflict out of personal vendettas and being partisan is more important than anything.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Looks like Palin realized she would be a huge hypocrite if she didn't hold people from her party to the same standard. While she was far less vehement than in her condemnation, and call for Rahm to resign, at least she was relatively consistent.

Quote:
Palin believes Limbaugh’s repeated use of the word “retard” yesterday was “crude and demeaning,” her spokesperson emails.

It hardly has the passion of her response to Rahm, and there’s no call for him to step down. But given Rush’s stature among conservatives, it’s pretty interesting that she went this far, denouncing his on-air rant as “crude and demeaning name-calling.”

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/po...rd-comment-as-crude-and-demeaning/

Conservatives, now that Sarah Palin too finds his use of the word "crude and demeaning" after holding Rush to the same standard where do you stand?

[Edited 2010-02-04 15:17:33]

Carlisle

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 am

It's called liberals, and anyone who is against Rush Limbeigh and conservative politics taking whatever a conservative such as Limbeugh says, editing and whacking it out of conext to fit their own retarded agenda. (Sigh) NEXT?  

Signed,

Jeremy Whohadaroughdayandneedsanicedrink Carlisle

PS, I am allowed to use the "R" word as it is they who I work for and pay my bills...

Edited for technical errors

[Edited 2010-02-04 16:39:50]
"CLEAN PLANES AND DIRTY MARTINIS" (Delta)

Cadet57

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 am

Limbaugh Screams "Retard" - 3 Times  

If the shoe fits..

That said. Rush is a blowhard. BillO is a blowhard, Olbermann is a blowhard. Personally, any political commentator, regardless of party is a blowhard. They all go on and on just to hear themselves talk.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

futurepilot16

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:43 am

I wonder why those conservatives on the Palin - Rahm thread about him saying a plan was "f**king retarded" haven't come out demanding an apology from Rush Limbaugh?

Because they're two faced. Ignorance is bliss, and Sarah Palin is completely full of it.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

dxing

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:55 am

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 17):

Why have you not condemned Limbuagh for saying it 3 times, and rather tried to make an excuse? How can that possibly be logically sound?
Quoting D L X (Reply 20):
Inquiring minds want to know, DXing!

Because Emanuel just came out and said it with no prompting. Limbaugh's satire was based on what Emanuel said as described in the link. But of course you don't get that, won't get that, and even if you did would refuse to admit that you did. There is a huge difference between the two. But since you refuse to admit that what Emanuel even said was wrong, and hold Palin and Limbaugh more guilty for, in Palins case being upset as a mother of a special needs child, and in Limbaugh's case for parodying what Emanuel said no one is surprised. As usual the double standard continues.

JMackey

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:21 am

IMHO, Emanuel and Limbaugh are elitist, obnoxious slobs to being with. I am not surprised this horrible word came out of either of their mouths. Having a child with special needs, I am appalled that they use the word so flippantly.
I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning

Aesma

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:25 am

If I understand correctly, in those times of hypermediatization, cameras everywhere, sleeping of tongues on youtube right away, what Rahm Emanuel said wasn't heard by much people. A paper reported it...six month later. That must really have been a chocker !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

comorin

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:33 am

RETARD! Retard!! - Isn't that what the annunciator on the A320 says?

D L X

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:04 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 28):
Because Emanuel just came out and said it with no prompting.

SO? According to Palin, there is NO appropriate time to use the word. Remember? She says it's the equivalent of the N-word. (Which is retarded, btw.) So if it's bad in private by Rahm, it's absolutely wrong in public by Rush. Besides that, satire or not, Rush ACTUALLY CALLED PEOPLE RETARDED. He wasn't quoting, he was labeling people retarded. Did you fail to notice that?

There is a huge difference between the two.

Right. So, I can call a poster here a retard if I say I'm just mimicking Rahm Emmanuel?   Ã‚ 

and hold Palin and Limbaugh more guilty for, in Palins case being upset as a mother of a special needs child

No dude, it clearly went over your head. The whole point of this thread has gone over your head. It's the HYPOCRISY! It's the feigned indignance. Palin going all apoplectic about Rahm calling people retarded, but having no issues with Limbaugh calling people retarded. You, the utmost champion of the idea that liberals live to a double standard are the freakin' poster child of HAVING a double standard on this thread, even when I hit you over the head with it in Reply 13. Seriously, if you ever utter the words "double standard" again, I'm going to point you back to this thread.   
You're smarter than this.

As usual the double standard continues.

A textbook retarded conclusion.

you refuse to admit that what Emanuel even said was wrong

You're damn right! I don't care that Rahm used the word, nor do I care that Limbaugh used the word. I'm not PC. And you know what? My brother had Down's, and I'm a lot more concerned with the fact that he is dead than I ever would be about what names some people use to describe other people.

FlyDeltaJets87

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:05 am

Why is that a.net conservatives? Where is your outrage?

Since my viewpoint here is consistent with my viewpoint in the other thread in that I don't care if someone uses the world "retard", I feel I can ask this fairly - are you going to call out the liberals who were excusing Rahm in the other thread and then criticizing Limbaugh here now since you seem to be obsessed with calling out the conservatives on this?
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

D L X

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:31 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 33):
are you going to call out the liberals who were excusing Rahm in the other thread and then criticizing Limbaugh here

Who are those people?

mt99

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:41 am

Maybe he though he was an Airbus flaring just before landing   A380 perharps?

Thank you!,, ill be here all week. Enjoy the veal  

AirStairs

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:53 am

Pills Limbaugh

So can I refer to the President as Cokehead Obama now? There is nothing I like about Rush Limbaugh, but I find it interesting that is was a major transgression to even mention BO's coke use during the 08 election, but it is apparently funny to make fun of former drug addictions, as long as they're of a Republican nature. Did you have an opinion about Cindy as well?

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 5):
So do you think Rush should resign and "fall on his own sword" as you expected of Rahm? You asked, "is it so wrong to demand a higher level of conduct from those in positions of significant power?"

I don't think either should resign over using the word "retard," but be real about this. Rahm is in public office, Limbaugh is a paid entertainer. Olbermann said MUCH worse, more disrespectful things about Scott Brown. While I do think of KO as even more pathetic now than he was before, I realize that he is an entertainer and is in a different position than, say, Valerie Jarrett.

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 9):

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 10):
He's using the public airwaves to blast out his "intolerance" as so many Palin conservatives have called it about Rahm.

See above. Entertainer v. representative of the White House. Both instances are, as Palin says, crude and demeaning. But you have to see the contextual differences.

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 23):
Double standards much? If it's wrong to say in public, then anyone saying it is wrong. Making up loopholes of why its wrong for one person vs. ok for another isn't logically sound now is it?

So, according to your logic then, the President and I should suffer the same consequences for saying "retard" in public. Sorry, but these people are respresentatives of our government to the entire country and the world, Rush is not. However popular, he is not. There is a difference.

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 24):
Conservatives, now that Sarah Palin too finds his use of the word "crude and demeaning" after holding Rush to the same standard where do you stand?

As I've noted above, I think both instances are crude and demeaning (using Palin's words).

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 26):
That said. Rush is a blowhard. BillO is a blowhard, Olbermann is a blowhard. Personally, any political commentator, regardless of party is a blowhard. They all go on and on just to hear themselves talk.

Quoting D L X (Reply 32):
It's the feigned indignance. Palin going all apoplectic about Rahm calling people retarded, but having no issues with Limbaugh calling people retarded.

How can you call it feigned indignance when she has a mentally retarded child herself? And issued a statement about Limbaugh's remarks? She may be a shoddy politician, but how can you suspect her of being disingenuous when she is raising a retarded kid? I don't get it.

D L X

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:12 am

Quoting AirStairs (Reply 36):
How can you call it feigned indignance when she has a mentally retarded child herself?

Because she didn't attack Rush when he said it.

Oh, and Beck has used the term countless times, and not even a whisper from Palin. If it's only offensive when liberals say it, it's feigned.

thegreatRDU

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 am

what's wrong with using the word retarded...

Quoting comorin (Reply 31):
RETARD! Retard!! - Isn't that what the annunciator on the A320 says?

damn....
Our Returning Champion

FlyDeltaJets87

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:34 am

I do believe there is a difference between the President or a high ranking member of the government says something compared to everyday citizens, but the word "retard" isn't the one to get bent out of shape over. Besides, even though he was forced to apologize for it, remember Rahm's boss (Obama) is the guy who made a joke comparing his bowling game to something out of the Special Olympics (which made me laugh). So I really don't think Obama is going to fire Rahm or ask him to resign.

Quoting mt99 (Reply 35):
Maybe he though he was an Airbus flaring just before landing A380 perharps?

Thank you!,, ill be here all week. Enjoy the veal

I beat ya to it in the other thread about Rahm in Reply 26 and comorin beat you to it in this thread by a few replies.   

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 23):

That's fine. Then I hope I don't ever see you defend Clinton about how "it was just a blow job", because Clinton was the Commander in Chief, and therefore should be subject to the same regulations we in the military are, and adultery is punishable under Article 134 of the UCMJ. Never mind the perjury. Shouldn't the President, the highest person in the chain of command, be held to the highest standard?

Quoting D L X (Reply 34):
Who are those people?

I'm sure seb146 will be here soon.   
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

mt99

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 39):
I beat ya to it in the other thread about Rahm in Reply 26 and comorin beat you to it in this thread by a few replies.   

Arghh.. Oh well better late than never! I was just "retarded" in my comment. yes? is this thing on?

[Edited 2010-02-04 19:46:37]

dxing

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:17 am

SO? According to Palin, there is NO appropriate time to use the word.

Really? Care to provide a link where she said that? Here, let me help you out, here is the link to her face book page on the subject. Care to point out that quote?

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sarah-...-decency-rahm-emanuel/278672843434

Right. So, I can call a poster here a retard if I say I'm just mimicking Rahm Emmanuel?

No unless it dovetails with what Emanuel did and you announce in advance that what you are doing is parody or satire of what Emanuel did. I'm sure you understand the difference but equally sure that you wouldn't admit it if you had too since your vested interest is now defending the double standard the left lives by.

A textbook retarded conclusion.

And that is a textbook answer when somone knows they don't have a leg to stand on.

You're damn right! I don't care that Rahm used the word, nor do I care that Limbaugh used the word. I'm not PC.

Sure you aren't.

It's the HYPOCRISY! It's the feigned indignance. Palin going all apoplectic about Rahm calling people retarded, but having no issues with Limbaugh calling people retarded.
Quoting D L X (Reply 37):
Because she didn't attack Rush when he said it.

As usual you're wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...h-palin-rebukes-rush_n_449963.html

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/po...rd-comment-as-crude-and-demeaning/

I think she understands satire versus what seems to be ingrained behaviour that Emanuel esposed as well as the level of retribution needs to be leveled at each.

Oh, and Beck has used the term countless times, and not even a whisper from Palin. If it's only offensive when liberals say it, it's feigned.

Source? Quotes? Please provide some. 

lowrider

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:08 am

Quoting Tbar220 (Reply 3):
If you just can't get yourself to criticize Limbaugh for this stupid statement, then don't bother saying you will. Either do it or don't.

No, I am saying that they should both be held to the same standard. If it is wrong for one, it is wrong for both. Is a little consistency too much to look for?

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 4):
What about Palin.. what is she waiting for?

Ask her. I am not responsible for what she decides to do or not do.

It's pretty cut and dried. Either someone holds the same prescription for Rush that they do/did for Rahm as a consistent thinker, or they were wrong previously and in fact what Rahm said wasn't any big deal or worth being fired for / resign over.

Yeah, if Rush is going to make a stink over it, then he should hold himself to the same standard. Leadership by example. I would expect Rush's version of falling on his sword to take the form of a public admission of fault and a significant contribution to a related charity.
Proud OOTSK member

D L X

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:24 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 41):
Really? Care to provide a link where she said that?

She's pretty clear when she says "Just as we’d be appalled if any public figure of Rahm’s stature ever used the “N-word” or other such inappropriate language, Rahm’s slur on all God’s children with cognitive and developmental disabilities – and the people who love them – is unacceptable, and it’s heartbreaking. "

But you're right. She clearly only thinks it's wholly unacceptable when a democrat says it.

No unless it dovetails with what Emanuel did and you announce in advance that what you are doing is parody or satire of what Emanuel did.

Dovetailing from what Emmanuel did as it is the secondary focus of this thread, and in parody and satire of him, you're a retard.

Dear mods and other readers: I don't actually think DXing is a retard. I write this only to prove the absurdity of his argument.

your vested interest is now defending the double standard

Again, literacy. I've consistently argued that there is no double standard. That as you well can infer is inconsistent with defending a double standard.

As usual you're wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...h-palin-rebukes-rush_n_449963.html

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/po...ning/

Hah!

Where's the facebook post? Where's the tweet? Where's the call that Limbaugh be taken off the air? Hell, she hasn't even said she won't go on his show now because we both know that she will. No, her spokesperson said this, not Palin, and it's weak weak weak weakass shit compared to her doublebarrel attack on Rahm.

I think she understands satire

You're so incredibly full of it that I have to laugh.    Substitute the N-word in (because as I'm sure you're aware, Palin says that "Retard" is the equivalent of the N-word), and I'm sure that it would be just knee-slapping, stitch-in-my-belly laughter from everyone that heard it!   

Source? Quotes? Please provide some.
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200901090014

Google is a wonderful thing. Beck is actually making fun of special needs children.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 43):
Google is a wonderful thing. Beck is actually making fun of special needs children.

Beck really does deserve a special place in hell / planet Kolob (as his Mormon religion teaches).

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 42):
Yeah, if Rush is going to make a stink over it, then he should hold himself to the same standard. Leadership by example. I would expect Rush's version of falling on his sword to take the form of a public admission of fault and a significant contribution to a related charity.

Thank you for being consistent, and a rare conservative that gains respect from me.

D L X

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:42 am

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 44):
Thank you for being consistent, and a rare conservative that gains respect from me.

Don't throw all conservatives under the bus. There are others on this site that choose not to get involved in these discussions because they do not enjoy banter with the knee-jerkers. I wish they would post more, honestly.

MoltenRock
Topic Author

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:04 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 45):
Don't throw all conservatives under the bus. There are others on this site that choose not to get involved in these discussions because they do not enjoy banter with the knee-jerkers. I wish they would post more, honestly.

I don't. But the thing is after the fraud of the Bush term, all true "conservatives" that I know have switched over to either the Libertarian party, the WHIG party, or are just disgusted by all of it and refuse to participate. If someone is a true small government, less taxes person there is no way that they support the Republican party of today. Nothing has changed in Congress. There is only a handful of Republicans in the House & Senate today that weren't there under the spending orgy under Bush. So it's intellectually dishonest in the extreme to act as if the Republicans had been or were in power would be spending less money or doing anything differently than the actions that ran the country into the ditch in the first place under Bush.

In fact almost every true conservative I know sat out the 2004 and 2008 election after watching Republicans puke down their own leg over their talking points vs. actual actions. They saw just what a joke Bush had become and was from the beginning and wouldn't vote again for them. Then again, they had to admit I was right when I had told them back in 1999 what an idiot Bush II was. The other part of these true conservatives that I'm friends with have seen that their own jobs have vaporized being middle management as Directors and Vice Presidents, all the while CEO pay has quadrupled and their COBRA, unemployment, and new employment opportunities have become pipe dreams.

LOT767-300ER

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:25 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 45):

Heres an honest post. You guys are unbelievable.

You expect a radio talk show host to hold the same moral standards as the White House Chief of Staff?

Should we hold Comedy Central to the same standards as C-SPAN? What a ridiculous thread.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:09 am

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 44):
Beck really does deserve a special place in hell

Does Keith, Rachel and Ed get their place in hell too?
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

LOT767-300ER

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:16 am

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 46):
In fact almost every true conservative I know sat out the 2004 and 2008 election after watching Republicans puke down their own leg over their talking points vs. actual actions. They saw just what a joke Bush had become and was from the beginning and wouldn't vote again for them. Then again, they had to admit I was right when I had told them back in 1999 what an idiot Bush II was

Good thing that now the country realizing that Obama is just another idiot also and Democrats are bailing left and right. Just wait till 2010 elections will come. The democrats are going to sink like the Titanic and they have no one but themselves to blame this time.