todaReisinger
Topic Author

Windows Mobile Or Android?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi all. I must buy a new mobile phone and I'm getting mad as I do not know WHICH model to select...

I get contradicting counsels from all sides...... Is Windows Mobile great or terrible? Same question about Android....

This would already indicate me in which direction to look...
I bitterly miss the livery that should never have been changed (repetition...)

Phoenix9

RE: Windows Mobile Or Android?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Go with Android. It is getting very good reviews and more and more devices are starting to use Android.
As for windows mobile, they are coming out with a new version soon...how well that does, only time will tell.
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

IH8BY

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:03 am

It depends what you want out of your phone. If you're not using it for business - and if you don't want complete integration with Outlook and the rest of the Office suite - Android will suit you fine. My last phone was Windows Mobile (which, contrary to the reviews, I actually liked), and my current phone is Android; after a Windows phone, I wasn't going to go back to a non-smart phone, but I've found I get far more out of Android. Web browsing is better by far, the range of available apps is useful, and integration with social networking sites is convenient.

I have an HTC Hero (well, actually I have a T-Mobile G2 Touch, which is a rebranded Hero), and HTC's Sense interface is the icing on the Android cake. I really like it, and I'd recommend it to my friends. It's more straightforward and intuitive than WM, and the phone is equally pleasing.
Have you ever felt like you could float into the sky / like the laws of physics simply don't apply?

todaReisinger
Topic Author

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 am

Great, many thanks for your detailed answers.

I won't use my phone for work purposes. I need Wi-Fi to get a free internet access while abroad (because otherwise, internet connection abroad might cost thousands of CHF/USD very quickly...) to read my e-mails and to get access to eBay, mainly for my AVIATION auctions...  

I think the choice will be around phones like the HTC Tattoo or the Samsung I7500 Galaxy.......

Best
I bitterly miss the livery that should never have been changed (repetition...)