flanker
Topic Author

Paranormal Activity Sparks Panic Attacks In Italy

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:55 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8508675.stm

This movie frankly sucked. I cant believe i payed 10$ to go watch it when it came out.

I was laughing the whole time, it was more of a comedy than anything else.
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist

vikkyvik

RE: Paranormal Activity Sparks Panic Attacks In Italy

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Quoting flanker (Thread starter):
This movie frankly sucked. I cant believe i payed 10$ to go watch it when it came out.

I was laughing the whole time, it was more of a comedy than anything else.

Not scary at all, and I correctly guessed what would happen at the end about halfway through.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

AR385

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 pm

[quote=flanker,reply=0]I was laughing the whole time, it was more of a comedy than anything else.

I can´t understand why it has been hailed as one of the scariest movies ever. Worthless...not only do I regret the money spent, but the 90 mins. of my life I´ll never get back.

futurepilot16

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):

I can´t understand why it has been hailed as one of the scariest movies ever. Worthless...not only do I regret the money spent, but the 90 mins. of my life I´ll never get back.

No one held a gun to your head and made you guys watch it. I personally didn't mind watching it. It wasn't the scariest movie i've ever seen, but I can see why a small minded person would think this is scary. the good thing is the amount of hype they were able to get behind the film. It's a marketing masterpiece.

The funniest thing is the amount of Italians being scared by this, when a simple Google search will show you that the movie was not real.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

vikkyvik

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 3):
No one held a gun to your head and made you guys watch it.

What does that have to do with it? Are we not allowed to comment negatively on something?
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

ACDC8

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 am

I'm gonna be the odd one out on this one (nothing new there   lol) but I've seen a lot of movies over the last year and I thought it was great movie, I really enjoyed it. Sure I've seen scarier, but not in recent times. That its just a movie is obvious, but I always find horror movies with demons/evil spirits much more believable than zombie or unstoppable mass murder/slasher flicks, which of course are entertaining in their own way.

However, I just wish that Paranormal Activity would have gotten more into why her.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

flanker
Topic Author

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 5):
but I always find horror movies with demons/evil spirits much more believable than zombie or unstoppable mass murder/slasher flicks, which of course are entertaining in their own way.

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later still give me nightmares.

That is psychological terror. excellent films. scariest movies that i have ever seen.
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist

metroliner

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 3):
when a simple Google search will show you that the movie was not real

You need to search Google to tell you that...?  
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

lhr380

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am

The same scenes were played with Blair Witch, people in the US fainting and screaming etc.
I thought the film was crap (though did get a little scared a few weeks later when taking the dogs for a walk thru the woods and started seeing the symbols made out of wood attached to 2 trees, I may have run away lol)
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

sw733

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):
I can´t understand why it has been hailed as one of the scariest movies ever.

When the production company's marketing department says it's the scariest movie ever, that automatically makes me know it isn't...

I was entertained, but definitely not scared. I am glad I rented it though...wasn't worth the movie theater pricing, but I enjoed the $1 Redbox price, and felt it was worth that.

Quoting flanker (Reply 6):

I still need to check those out...

futurepilot16

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 4):
What does that have to do with it? Are we not allowed to comment negatively on something?

Of course you are. But what's the point of crying about not getting your $10 back or crying about losing 2 hours of your life that you'll never get back?    No one forced you to watch it. You did it on your own terms.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

AR385

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Quoting flanker (Reply 6):

True. Those two movies, were very original and scary. I liked 28 weeks later better.

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 10):
But what's the point of crying about not getting your $10 back or crying about losing 2 hours of your life that you'll never get back?

You do understand the concept "figure of speech" right?

JBirdAV8r

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Quoting LHR380 (Reply 8):
I thought the film was crap (though did get a little scared a few weeks later when taking the dogs for a walk thru the woods and started seeing the symbols made out of wood attached to 2 trees, I may have run away lol)

The only thing I felt after watching that movie was immensely ripped off.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet