RussianJet
Topic Author

Yulia Tymoshenko - Ukraine's Sore Loser

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:52 pm

The elections in the Ukraine have been comprehensively observed by international independent observers and declared free, fair and totally legitimate. In spite of this, she still alleges fraud and refuses to give in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8514517.stm

The people have spoken, Tymoshenko. Give up.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

Newark777

RE: Yulia Tymoshenko - Ukraine's Sore Loser

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:06 pm

She's really sounded like a whining kid the past week. Pathetic.

Bitches be crazy.
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

RussianJet
Topic Author

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Quoting newark777 (Reply 1):
She's really sounded like a whining kid the past week. Pathetic.

Quite right. Problem is, because of what happened the last time people may believe her.

Fly2HMO

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Bitches be crazy.

You say that, but upon further investigation:

I'd hit it. (then promptly quit it) 

stasisLAX

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 3):

Good idea - her eyes are dead, like a black widow spider.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

Fabo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Thread starter):
The elections in the Ukraine have been comprehensively observed by international independent observers and declared free, fair and totally legitimate. In spite of this, she still alleges fraud and refuses to give in.

I am sorry, but is this any news? I would expect that from her.
The light at the end of tunnel turn out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

757MDE

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Her daughter es 3X better
Quisiera volveraamartevolveraquerertevolveratenertecerrrrcaademígirl! Mis ojos lloran porrr ti...

Newark777

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Those are usually the craziest ones.  
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

TheCol

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Quoting 757MDE (Reply 6):
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

stasisLAX

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 am

The citizens of Ukraine remains deeply split, even though the top Ukrainian politicians keep speaking about a single people and a single country, this very close election has shown that there are - in reality - two very different countries. One tied to Russian customs, politics, and culture, and another highly independent minded viewpoint.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

RussianJet
Topic Author

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 am

Quoting stasisLAX (Reply 9):
The citizens of Ukraine remains deeply split, even though the top Ukrainian politicians keep speaking about a single people and a single country, this very close election has shown that there are - in reality - two very different countries. One tied to Russian customs, politics, and culture, and another highly independent minded viewpoint.

That is certainly true. However, in the past the balance has swung to the west, now it has swung to the east. Either way, given the level of scrutiny this election has been subject to, she needs to be quiet and accept the result for the good of the country.

n229nw

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 am

Bitches be crazy.

Way to make generalizations about all women! And anyway, I don't blame her for digging in her feet when you see what she's up against.

Take the actual winner, Yanukovych, he is sort of Ukraine's George Bush, can't really speak a sentence, or spell, propped up by big business oligarchs. But actually there's more: not only was he jailed twice for violent crimes in the past (once apparently including rape), he also falsified documents, forged the signature of a judge, and committed electoral fraud in 2006 and tried to violently crush protesters who pointed this out. Can you blame Tymoshenko for being skeptical that he will allow free elections in the future, etc.?

[Edited 2010-02-13 17:17:24]
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

RussianJet
Topic Author

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 am

Quoting N229NW (Reply 11):
Take the actual winner, Yanukovych, he is sort of Ukraine's George Bush, can't really speak a sentence, or spell, propped up by big business oligarchs. But actually there's more: not only was jailed twice for violent crimes in the past (once apparently including rape), he also committed electoral fraud in 2006 and tried to violently crush protesters who pointed this out. Can you blame Tymoshenko for being skeptical that he will allow free elections in the future, etc.?

The elections have been verified as fair and democratic. She can be as skeptical as she likes, it won't change that fact.

n229nw

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:37 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 12):
The elections have been verified as fair and democratic.

I don't doubt that really in this case. But I still am amazed at people's lack of long-term thought in politics, like when the US elected Bush (twice), or the Israelis Sharon, or the Palestinians Hamas, or the Venezuelans Chavez. It just seems that people love to shoot themselves in the foot.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

757MDE

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:59 am

Quoting TheCol (Reply 8):
Quoting 757MDE (Reply 6):

Here you go:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9288/665small2xa.jpg

Quisiera volveraamartevolveraquerertevolveratenertecerrrrcaademígirl! Mis ojos lloran porrr ti...

LTU932

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:54 am

Since past elections, I have come to distrust election observers of any kind, as I feel they can be bought for the right price, just as politicians can be bought. Call me a pessimist or a fool, but that's how I feel about election observers today.

That being said, Tymoshenko should stop being a sore loser and just admit defeat. All she'll do is just make a fool out of herself in the international scene, and maybe even make the Ukraine lose credibility in case a judge rules in her favour for some reason.

tk747

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 am

Tymoshenko and Yushenko pretty much ruined the whole country according to my family in Ukraine (Who were pro orange revolution and now regretting that it ever happened).

Through mass privatisation and the selling off of state resources she along with Yushenko have pretty much destroyed the Ukrainian economy. Naturally people want to go back to happier times hence this election result.

Tymoshenko needs to stop whining and move on

TheCol

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 am

Quoting N229NW (Reply 13):

I doubt things would be much better under the "Man of Moscow". I wouldn't trust any of Putin's friends farther than I could throw them.

Quoting 757MDE (Reply 14):

Well, that would have bought my vote.  

Springbok747

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:30 am

Wait...is this turning into a 'would you hit it thread...?'

I'd hit that BTW..   
אני תומך בישראל

tu204

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 pm

I cant use the quote function on my mobile, so this is a blanket reply to anti yanukovich posts. What is wrong with him being pro-russia? Russia is by far Ukraine's largest trading partner. Even Timoshenko turned more toward Russia recently. Only thick-headed Yushenko kept pissing Russia off. Look where it got Ukraine- they are poorer, their unemployment rose, they are worse off than before him. Picture Canada pissing off the US, establishing close ties with Russia, close military cooperation. Stupid, eh?
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

tk747

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Quoting Tu204 (Reply 19):

Exactly! And the majority of Ukrainians feel close to Russia and want closer ties, although this is never reported in the Western media.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Quoting N229NW (Reply 13):
I don't doubt that really in this case. But I still am amazed at people's lack of long-term thought in politics, like when the US elected Bush (twice), or the Israelis Sharon, or the Palestinians Hamas, or the Venezuelans Chavez. It just seems that people love to shoot themselves in the foot.

Ukraine has really suffered over the last few years. It is natural that many people will be wanting to vote for the next viable alternative. Closer ties with Russia could actually bring some much-needed and pretty swift improvements.

tk747

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 pm

There is much hotter Ukrainian girls than this 

TheCol

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Russia is by far Ukraine's largest trading partner. Even Timoshenko turned more toward Russia recently.

There's a big difference between being a trading partner and a proxy.

Picture Canada pissing off the US, establishing close ties with Russia, close military cooperation. Stupid, eh?

Only a fool would agree to a military pact with Russia.

Only thick-headed Yushenko kept pissing Russia off.

That isn't a difficult thing to do. If the Ukraine doesn't tow the line, Russia will make them regret it. Even more reason to join NATO.

Bottom line: the Ukraine can't have their cake and eat it too. The West may welcome that kind of cooperation, but Russia expects them to bow to the "motherland".

RussianJet
Topic Author

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Quoting TheCol (Reply 23):
That isn't a difficult thing to do. If the Ukraine doesn't tow the line, Russia will make them regret it. Even more reason to join NATO.

Bottom line: the Ukraine can't have their cake and eat it too. The West may welcome that kind of cooperation, but Russia expects them to bow to the "motherland".

That's mighty simplistic. Believe it or not, Russia does not want a 'proxy' in the Ukraine, just an ally and a government willing to cooperate rather than antagonise. Please try not to swallow too much propoganda and spin from either side of the extremes of argument.

757MDE

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Quoting tk747 (Reply 22):
There is much hotter Ukrainian girls than this 

Undoubtedly... but I'd still hit it.

------

On the topic, it may be true the orange revolution may not have turned as expected, but rigged or not, the results of the elections don't really show a country ultra sure of wanting to be allied with Russia, but rather a very polarized one.

TheCol

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 24):
just an ally and a government willing to cooperate rather than antagonise.

Russia's definition of "ally" differs from that of the West. It's similar to Bush's defunct "with us or against us" policy, but Putin tends to follow it to the letter.

tk747

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Quoting 757MDE (Reply 25):

Yushenko got 4 or 5% of the vote, he was most Anti Russia and was clearly rejected by the majority of Ukrainians. Tymoshenko received a greater percentage but she was starting to lean towards Russia as well.

Hopefully things start to look up for Ukraine after the mess that was the past few years.

L410Turbolet

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 21):
Closer ties with Russia could actually bring some much-needed and pretty swift improvements.

Improvements like in a Belarus? In terms of freedoms and polictical rights, in particular?
You can't think of any country tied closer to Russia than them, yet their economy is in the shitter regardless.
Also, words like "ally", "willing" and "cooperate" have a slightly different meaning in the corridors of Kremlin. Paranoid as they traditionally are, the rulers of Kremlin are clearly building a buffer zone between them and EU/NATO and Janukovych's election victory seems like a point for them and a huge defeat of any pro-European aspirations there were in Ukraine. At the same time I understand why Timoshenko's is not trying to give up easily because next time the elections might be anything but free, fair and democratic.
Anyway it will be interesting to watch whether Janukovych will actually convince Putin to reconsider NordStream, the energy version of the Ribbentropp-Molotov pact they forged together with Schroeder, as a prize for turning the Ukraininan ship 180 deg..

Quoting tk747 (Reply 20):
majority of Ukrainians feel close to Russia and want closer ties

Depends greatly on the location where you ask

tu204

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:55 am

Replying to TheCol.
Only a fool would join a military pact with NATO when you DEPEND on the country that NATO is against. Yushenko's election results prove that.
Since you seem to have a sour view of Russian foreign politics, what do you call the move by the EU against Belarus (sanctions if Belarus recognizes s.osetia and Abkhazia as independent) How is that not bullying?
Try to watch less cbc and Canadian press in general. I lived bout 6 years there. All press is biased. Look at the other point of view.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

TheCol

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 am

Quoting Tu204 (Reply 29):
Only a fool would join a military pact with NATO when you DEPEND on the country that NATO is against.

A. When Putin plays nice, NATO's current form will cease to exist.
B. The Ukraine isn't a Russian proxy.
C. Given the way Putin treats his "friends", the Ukrainians would stand to gain from being a member of the EU and NATO. Though it would be a long process, and wouldn't happen overnight.

Like I said, the Ukraine can't have their cake and eat it too. Russia won't allow it.

Yushenko's election results prove that.

Hopefully that won't end up being a bad decision.

what do you call the move by the EU against Belarus

You mean Little Russia?

Try to watch less cbc and Canadian press in general. I lived bout 6 years there. All press is biased.

I don't doubt it, but they're still more objective than the Russian media.

Look at the other point of view.

I'm quite aware of the Russian point of view. They make us aware of it every couple of months.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 28):
Improvements like in a Belarus? In terms of freedoms and polictical rights, in particular?
You can't think of any country tied closer to Russia than them

Belarus is notionally close to Russia of course, but Russia does not decide how far Lukashenko chooses to screw the country up. The Russian influence is overstated. In recent times there have been many disputes between the two. Milk and energy are but two which spring to mind.