Topic Author

The Dangers Of Tandooris

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:43 am

Amazing what can go on in a restaurant kitchen

Environmental health bosses have launched a "curry crackdown" following a spate of injuries from exploding tandoori ovens.
Only a small percentage had working ignitions and employees "routinely" lit ovens with burning serviettes.

"The cylindrical design of the tandoor with an ignition source at the bottom, means that when gas builds up inside and an employee leans in to light it, the oven effectively becomes like a cannon."

wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

RE: The Dangers Of Tandooris

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 pm

That's quite funny for the explosion factor - explosions are great at the right place at the right time. I guess it's never the right place or the right time for a tandoori oven! Interesting at how few were properly maintained. There was another story in the news recently about a cooker that caused carbon monoxide poisoning because the grill door was closed. Pretty crazy.
Soar like the birds.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I was reading about that this morning. Sounds lethal! Just goes to show that you should always get your equipment services!
- Alec

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

I told you the curry was to hot !!   
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm

The perils of modern technology. No such trouble in a proper clay tandoor with charcoal!
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈