Aaron747
Topic Author

It's Official - He Said It

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 am

Now it's not just Holocaust denial or his deputies saying it - Mr. Ahmedinejad has declared himself a full-fledged conspiracy theorist with out and out 9/11 denial. What will the Obama administration's response be??

"September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act."

The Iranian president has questioned the official U.S. version of the Sept. 11 attacks before, but this is the first time he ventured to label it a "big lie."

A big lie supported by mountains of data analysis by some of the world's top experts in the fields of structural engineering...care to explain that sir?

At the time, he also told Iranian state TV the attacks were "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others.

Deflecting attention from the poor management of your own country, yet again. Someone polish off the hypocrisy award for this guy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100306/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

kc135topboom

RE: It's Official - He Said It

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:40 am

Ahmedinejad, like is wanna be side kick Charviz is an idiot.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 am

This is a surprise?

The guy is nuts. I am more worried about his nuclear program
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Maverick623

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:52 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 2):
The guy is nuts.

Au contraire, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Quoting Aaron747 (Thread starter):
Deflecting attention from the poor management of your own country, yet again.

Pushing the propaganda against the evil West....
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:11 am

I hope the 9/11 "truthers" can finally see the kind of morons that adhere to the same conspiracy that they believe. Congrats truthers, your cause is now no better than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

TransIsland

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:12 am

and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others.

Not defending Amanutcasejidad, but... Iraq anyone?
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

Ken777

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 am

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 3):

Until he takes one step too many.

CPH-R

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:01 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 5):

In which case they missed by a few hundred miles, seeing as they ended up in Afghanistan  

Mir

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 am

There is a big difference between saying that the US government used 9/11 as justification for invading Iraq, and saying that the US government caused 9/11 in order to justify invading Iraq.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

PlymSpotter

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:32 am

Ironically this will probably make him slightly more popular in the US, considering how many millions of conspiracy theorists there are.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

varigb707

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:00 am

Mr. Ahmedinejad has declared himself a full-fledged conspiracy theorist with out and out 9/11 denial

Well, this guy is idiot and so are those who listen to what he has to say. Same goes to Chavez.
There, i said that.  
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

MoltenRock

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 1):

Now, now, now. Americans have no problem buying nearly 1 million barrels of petro products per day from President Chavez. That's like being critical of your drug dealer. Lots of vapidity, not much substance.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:14 am

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 11):
That's like being critical of your drug dealer.

Well, one certainly doesn't want the dealer to jack up the price now, do they?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

TransIsland

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 3):
Quoting CPH-R (Reply 7):
In which case they missed by a few hundred miles, seeing as they ended up in Afghanistan

Silly me, I thought the U.S. went into both countries.

Quoting Mir (Reply 8):
There is a big difference between saying that the US government used 9/11 as justification for invading Iraq, and saying that the US government caused 9/11 in order to justify invading Iraq

See:

At the time, he also told Iranian state TV the attacks were "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others

While his convoluted babble may suggest that the U.S. attacked itself, which would be rubbish, he does not explicitly say so. He is in his latest statement, however, basically denying Al Qaeda's responsibility.

In this older statement (quote above), however, he is almost justifying 9/11 as a legitimate reaction of non-American groups who oppose the Americans' "inhumane managing of the world." And then simply concludes that the U.S., instead of analyzing the events and improving their "inhumane managing of the world," used it as a pretext to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

Of course, Amanutcasejidad cannot be taken seriously overall, but, accidentally, with Iraq he's not that far off.

Rj111

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 7):

They made up their own excuse for Iraq.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:05 pm

ahmedinejad, like is wanna be side kick Charviz is an idiot.

I never take anything seriously from Ahmendinejad...he's just a puppet of the Mullahs. They are the ones who are really in control..he's bassically their PR guy...simple as that.

TransIsland

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Quoting RJ111 (Reply 14):
They made up their own excuse for Iraq.

While never explicitly linking Iraq to 9/11, and adding the whole WMD lie, the US gov't implicitly linked Saddam to Bin Laden and encouraged the media to create a very popular belief in this connection.

baroque

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:22 pm

If you want to get into a huff about all this try:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-g...inejad-says-us-is-ly_b_488987.html

By and large, the US can just be thankful that critics like friend Ahmad make such a mess out of making criticism. Laughing at Ahmad might leave your thinking you are perfect and hubris was supposed to go out of style in Jan 2009 was it not?

But you never have come to terms with some of your most powerful internal critics and I do not mean the conspiracy nuts.

In any event, with a fair slab of the US population apparently following Lord Monckton in his "UN plot to rule America via a commie takeover", it is no time to deride conspiracy theorists from outside until the home stables are cleansed.

Danfearn77

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 2):
This is a surprise?

The guy is nuts. I am more worried about his nuclear program

Yep. He's clever. Diverting attention away from the nuclear programme. Utter crack job.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!

kc135topboom

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Now, now, now. Americans have no problem buying nearly 1 million barrels of petro products per day from President Chavez.

I would push my out of gas Ford F-150 gas station past a Citgo station (Citgo is own by Charviz) rather than buy gas there.

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 13):
He is in his latest statement, however, basically denying Al Qaeda's responsibility.

Even though al Qeada did publicly claim responsibility.

Quoting Baroque (Reply 17):
In any event, with a fair slab of the US population apparently following Lord Monckton in his "UN plot to rule America via a commie takeover", it is no time to deride conspiracy theorists from outside until the home stables are cleansed.

As I understand it, Lord Monckton is also very popular among the British and former British subjects, too.

LMP737

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Now, now, now. Americans have no problem buying nearly 1 million barrels of petro products per day from President Chavez.

Ironically that makes him more dependant on us than we are of him. There are around 13000 Citgo stations in the US; most of the Venezuela's tanker fleet is optimized for the short trip across the Gulf of Mexico. The type of crude pumped out of the ground there is refined in special refineries in Texas and Louisiana.

In any event, with a fair slab of the US population apparently following Lord Monckton in his "UN plot to rule America via a commie takeover",

What's your definition of "fair slab" twenty percent, thirty percent, ninety percent? Ask most Americans if they know who the guy is and they probably will say they never heard of him.

[Edited 2010-03-07 09:46:45]
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

baroque

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:03 am

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 20):
In any event, with a fair slab of the US population apparently following Lord Monckton in his "UN plot to rule America via a commie takeover",

What's your definition of "fair slab" twenty percent, thirty percent, ninety percent? Ask most Americans if they know who the guy is and they probably will say they never heard of him.

Hopefully he has low recognition, but of those who have heard of him, it is probably around 20%. The real laugh is that the organization he accused of wanting to mastermind the takeover is said to have about 8 staff. Oh well, it would not take much skill to rule the world would it?   

LMP737

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 22):
Hopefully he has low recognition, but of those who have heard of him, it is probably around 20%. The real laugh is that the organization he accused of wanting to mastermind the takeover is said to have about 8 staff. Oh well, it would not take much skill to rule the world would it?

To be honest I had to look up who he was. When I did and read some of the stuff he has said I came to the conclusion that he ate lead paint chips as a child. And possibly as an adult.

baroque

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 23):
To be honest I had to look up who he was. When I did and read some of the stuff he has said I came to the conclusion that he ate lead paint chips as a child. And possibly as an adult.

Made my night - well early morning as I wait for some data to go through to a client. We had a rather large dose of him here a couple of weeks ago. Now we have Richard Dawkins as a contrast. And what a contrast.

mayor

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm

I think I can multitask and deride both outsiders and those inside the country at the same time, thank you very much.  
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

planespotting

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 8):
There is a big difference between saying that the US government used 9/11 as justification for invading Iraq, and saying that the US government caused 9/11 in order to justify invading Iraq.

-Mir

He's actually saying that the US government made up 9/11 in order to justify invading Iraq.

Which means he's even more coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs than originally thought.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

baroque

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 am

Quoting planespotting (Reply 25):
He's actually saying that the US government made up 9/11 in order to justify invading Iraq.

Possibly about the only thing they did NOT make up re Iraq??? Wonder why he does not pursue the bleeding obvious, the things they DID make up? It is really difficult to find a set of propositions that lead to his pronouncements as a logical outcome. That, I suppose is why he is widely billed as mad. But such a conclusions is probably about as dangerous as the errors re Iraq. Ahmad might be dangerous, but whatver he is doing it fits some strange logic that he has. So he is not mad in his own terms. In some ways not a million miles away from Cheney's actions fitting his logic???

baroque

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Oh dear, now he is peddling lines that do have a bit of credibility. I just knew we could not rely on his to be permanently off beam.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8559084.stm
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad attacks US for Afghan 'double game'
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accused the US of playing a "double game" in Afghanistan after the US used the same term to condemn Iran's role.

Mr Ahmadinejad said the US had "created terrorists and now say they are fighting them", as he appeared with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in Kabul.

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates, who is also in Kabul, has accused Iran of giving the Taliban low-level support.

Although he might have acknowledged the assistance of Saudi Arabia in creating the terrorists.

Just have to hope he is not reading a.net.

Quoting Baroque (Reply 26):
Wonder why he does not pursue the bleeding obvious, the things they DID make up?

CPH-R

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 27):
"created terrorists and now say they are fighting them"

Rubbish.

The Taliban and Al Qaeda has/had nothing to do with the indigneous Afghan resistance fighters, that were supported by the US (via the CIA-ISI connection).

Al Qaeda rose out of the Arabian volunteers, primarily organised by Osama bin Laden and funded by the Saudis. The Taliban rose out of the ISI's wish to seize power in the post-Soviet retreat, fractured Afghanistan, resulting in the latter supporting the then relatively unknown Afghan student movement (Taliban, of course, is Pashtun for Student).

It is certainly possible that some of the money, arms, and logistics, provided by the CIA to the ISI, for use by the Afghan resistance movement, ended up in the hands of the Arabian volunteers and/or the Taliban movement, but to say the US created either of them, is too far a stretch.

baroque

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:45 am

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 28):
Rubbish.

The Taliban and Al Qaeda has/had nothing to do with the indigneous Afghan resistance fighters, that were supported by the US (via the CIA-ISI connection).

And of course the CIA left signed statements all over the place saying exactly who they had supported. Equally "of course" the words to which you take exception are those of Ahmad not me. And clearly you are missing the point (his point).

The Taliban were at least in part a creation of ISI and where do you suppose the US money to Pakistan went - well apart from that straight to the pollies back pockets.

In any event there is a case that CIA money did indeed go to the Arabs.

Wiki
According to a BBC article "Who is Osama Bin Laden" published shortly after the 9/11 attacks, bin Laden "received security training from the CIA itself, according to Middle Eastern analyst Hazhir Teimourian."[1]

In a 2003 article, Michael Powelson of the Russian journal Demokratizatsiya wrote:

"It is difficult to believe that the United States played no role in the operations of the son of one of the wealthiest men in Saudi Arabia. Indeed, it is much more likely that the United States knew full-well of bin Laden's operation and gave it all the support they could." [2]

A 2004 BBC article entitled "Al-Qaeda's origins and links", the BBC claimed:

"During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA."[3]

A Der Spiegel article in 2007, entitled "Arming the Middle East", Siegesmund von Ilsemann called Bin Laden "one of the CIA's best weapons customers." [4]

Hillary Clinton has mentioned funding Islamic extremists "the people we are fighting today we funded twenty years ago", she explains that this has included recruiting "Mujahideen" and importing the "Wahabi brand of Islam" from Saudi Arabia [5], but she did not mention Osama bin Laden personally neither the CIA.

In any case it barely matters if it is correct or not, it is close enough in the world of propaganda to constitute a BULL'S EYE.

If you have someone who is a bit of an angry young man and you fund and arm him, one way or another, and he decides on a life of terrorism, to deny that you created the terrorist means you have just entered the next contest for counting the number of angels on the head of a pin. Welcome to the world of specious arguments.

You see it might not even be true, but to say it is "too far a stretch" entirely misses the point. You mess with this stuff, it ALL comes off and contaminates you. Plausible is quite enough, and plausible it certainly is.

Keep on like that, and friend Ahmad will definitely win.

National757

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 am

What will the Obama administration's response be??

They'll send Joe Biden to Iran and he will then show up late to dinner  

Now that's change I can believe in!

[Edited 2010-03-10 23:37:04]

mayor

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 29):
It is difficult to believe
it is much more likely
Some analysts believe

Hardly damning testimony or hard hitting statements, are they? I could use these same statements about anything, to further what I'm trying to say, and, because they are so vague, it would look like actual facts.  
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

baroque

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 31):
It is difficult to believe
it is much more likely
Some analysts believe

Hardly damning testimony or hard hitting statements, are they? I could use these same statements about anything, to further what I'm trying to say, and, because they are so vague, it would look like actual facts

A bit stronger than the evidence about Ahmad wanting nuclear bombs then?

mayor

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 32):

Do you think he doesn't or isn't working on them?  

baroque

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 33):
Quoting Baroque (Reply 32):

Do you think he doesn't or isn't working on them?

Do you think no US funds went to Arab Mujahudeen?

mayor

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 34):

I'm not saying that. Funds probably did flow in that direction. However the three statements I posted were trying to connect that aid with the current Taliban. I was just pointing out that they were hardly factual statements but you posted them as proof that they were.  

baroque

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 am

Quoting mayor (Reply 35):
Quoting Baroque (Reply 34):

I'm not saying that. Funds probably did flow in that direction. However the three statements I posted were trying to connect that aid with the current Taliban. I was just pointing out that they were hardly factual statements but you posted them as proof that they were.

Well
Various Wikis
Many of the mujahideen who later joined the Taliban fought alongside Afghan warlord Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi's Harkat i Inqilabi group at the time of the Russian invasion. This group also enjoyed the loyalty of most Afghan Arab fighters.

Mohammadi was among Afghan leaders who met President Reagan at the White House during that war. Reagan called the rebel leaders "freedom fighters."[3] Through continuous struggle the Afghan Mujahideen succeeded in their mission, and the Russian forces withdrew from Afghanistan in 1989 after the loss of tens of thousands of its soldiers. In 1992 the pro-Moscow government in Kabul collapsed and the Mujahideen took power.

So no formal contact there then.

LMP737

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 23):
Made my night - well early morning as I wait for some data to go through to a client. We had a rather large dose of him here a couple of weeks ago.

Glad you liked it.   Like I said though, most Americans probably have never heard of the guy. Those that that I have most I would venture to say write him off as a quack.