Ken777
Topic Author

Tea Party Turns Nasty - Tosses Out "N" Word

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 am

A pretty sad situation, and an indication of just how divided this country is these days:

[quote]WASHINGTON -- Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol, angry over the proposed health-care reform bill, shouted "nigger" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.
The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus, lawmakers said.
"They were shouting, sort of harassing," Lewis said. "But, it's OK, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the '60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean."[/quote}

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/2...-party-protesters-hurl-racial.html

UAL747

RE: Tea Party Turns Nasty - Tosses Out "N" Word

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 am

As well as spitting on them, calling Barney Frank a derogatory word for homosexual.....America's finest! Wonder if FOX news is reporting on this?
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

PSA53

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 am

If it is true,shameful! I read the Yahoo story.

But in today's world,who can you trust to give you the truth.The Democrats are just as unethical as the Republicans.The Democrats can't even clean up and uphold criteria in their own house who taught us to be PC which means you have a credibility problem and people are going start to say it's fair game and do these shameful acts.

And how do you know these people weren't planted knowing the left wing media will jump all over this?

Are people that stupid knowing that it would be very harmful to the Tea Party.

I'm a little suspect..

[Edited 2010-03-20 18:19:06]
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

OA412
Crew

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:18 am

They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Can't wait to see how the apologists are going to spin this one.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 2):
And how do you know these people weren't planted knowing the left wing media will jump all over this?

Where's that tinfoil hat conspiracy picture when you need it?

[Edited 2010-03-20 19:01:59]
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

texan

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:21 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 2):
But in today's world,who can you trust to give you the truth.The Democrats are just as unethical as the Republicans

Even though I am definitely not a Repub, we should notice that the Tea Party and the Republican Party are two different animals. Republicans are courting members of the Tea Party and want to be seen as members in order to build populist support, but the Tea Party appears to reject many members of the Republican Party.

That said, it is completely despicable what those people did and no excuse can be made for it.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

thegreatRDU

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:23 am

We've stooped to an all time low...
Damn these politicians feeding this nonsense trying to score political points....

Quoting Ken777 (Thread starter):
shouted "nigger" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

Disgusting.
Our Returning Champion

mdsh00

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 am

Is anybody here that surprised by this? Lately more and more, it seemed painfully obvious that down to the core, this is what most of their anger and fervor was about; not taxes or healthcare.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

BMI727

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:53 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 2):

I doubt that.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 2):
Are people that stupid knowing that it would be very harmful to the Tea Party

People stupid enough to go around shouting the N word are probably also too stupid to realize that they are hurting their cause. Unfortunately, cameras and the media gravitate to such people, even ones without agendas.

Quoting mdsh00 (Reply 6):
this is what most of their anger and fervor was about; not taxes or healthcare.

A certain faction perhaps, but not the mainstream who seem to have been drowned out in all of this.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

stasisLAX

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 am

Is anybody here that surprised by this? Lately more and more, it seemed painfully obvious that down to the core, this is what most of their anger and fervor was about; not taxes or healthcare

And the party of "No" is trying to win over these haters? What would Lincoln think about all of this?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

STT757

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 am

From looking around I found it astounding that Foxnews is the only news outlet that uses the word "allegedly" or "alleges" or "alleged" throughout their reporting if this incident, they even put "allegedly" in the headline.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ithets-african-american-lawmakers/
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

UAL747

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:33 am

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 7):
A certain faction perhaps, but not the mainstream who seem to have been drowned out in all of this.

See, I think this IS mainstream thought, but they don't say it. I get this info from being gay only, but I recently was at a party where I didn't know anyone, and those people did not know I was gay, and they were all white. And a political discussion started, and I was amazed at how much "faggot, nigger, etc." was thrown around. Sorry if I seem pessimistic, but I DO think it represents the majority, but this minority of people are the only ones with the nuts to actually get on TV and say it. Racism, sexism, religionism (?), I believe exists, it's just not cool to talk about it anymore, at least when said person that is the target is around.

Later on that night I explained to them why I thought "faggot" was an inappropriate term for the evening, and you know what they did? They tried to back pedal and say that they were saying it only like they say on the South Park episode where they call bikers "Fags." I'm like, uhhh huh.

Anyway, off my soapbox.
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

TeamAmerica

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 am

[quote=Ken777,reply=0]A pretty sad situation, and an indication of just how divided this country is these days:

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol, angry over the proposed health-care reform bill, shouted "nigger" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

That's nothing! Check out this video of Tea Baggers taunting a man with Parkinsons' (at about 1:10):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxCfLwUsUtM

The man happens to have a doctorate in Nuclear Engineering from Cornell. His video response:
http://www.myvidster.com/video/10911..._his_response_It_was_the_video_tha
Failure is not an option; it's an outcome.

Dreadnought

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 9):
From looking around I found it astounding that Foxnews is the only news outlet that uses the word "allegedly" or "alleges" or "alleged" throughout their reporting if this incident, they even put "allegedly" in the headline.

As well they should. ONE person says he heard the word, and he is hardly impartial.

It's possible that it happened, and it's possible that it's made up.
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:52 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 1):
As well as spitting on them, calling Barney Frank a derogatory word for homosexual.....America's finest! Wonder if FOX news is reporting on this?

. You know the answer to that. Stay classy teabaggers.

Quoting OA412 (Reply 3):
They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Can't wait to see how the apologists are going to spin this one

They'll probably have Sarah Palin come out and claim that it was comedy.  . This shit has been stewing across America for some time now, and I hate to say it, but how long has the left wing been saying that at some point it's gonna reach a fever pitch? This is as close to fever pitch that we're gonna get. Next thing you know, they'll be hurling bottles instead of racial slurs. All of this perpetuated by the right wing media. I said at some point it would turn violent, though we're not to that point as of yet, it's till only a matter of time.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 2):

Are people that stupid knowing that it would be very harmful to the Tea Party.

It's a possibility, but again, i'll take the risk and say i'm 100% sure they were tea partiers. And yes, people are that stupid.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

UAL747

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:58 am

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 13):
I said at some point it would turn violent, though we're not to that point as of yet, it's till only a matter of time

I firmly believe it will as well. The US is more divided now than it has ever been, and it's getting to the point I'm not sure if a solution can actually be had.

ATTart

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:00 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 12):

Here is CNN's report on it....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...democrats/?hpt=T1&fbid=ZIMwcKdvb_9

Protesters also hurled anti-gay comments at Rep. Barney Frank, D-Massachusetts, who is openly gay, as he left the same health care meeting that Lewis attended in a House office building.

A CNN producer overheard the word "faggot" yelled at Frank several times in the lobby of the Longworth building. Frank said he heard someone yell "homo" at him.

"I'm disappointed," Frank said. "There's an unwillingness to be civil."

Frank, who said he rarely hears such slurs anymore, said the health care issue has become "the proxy for a lot of other sentiments. A lot of which are perfectly reasonable but some of which are kind of ugly."
Remember: When someone talks behind your back, it only means you're two steps ahead of them!

Ken777
Topic Author

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 am

Quoting TeamAmerica (Reply 11):
That's nothing! Check out this video of Tea Baggers taunting a man with Parkinsons' (at about 1:10):

That was all over the TV yesterday.

I looked at it and thought, "why am I not surprised?"

Quoting TeamAmerica (Reply 11):
The man happens to have a doctorate in Nuclear Engineering from Cornell.

Why am I not surprised? And the sharply dressed guy throwing dollar bills at him?

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 12):
It's possible that it happened, and it's possible that it's made up.

I got the story off of news.google.com and if you go there now you'll see around 450 news stories about the situation.

You can just about pick your news source and find the story reported. Considering what happened yesterday I would be very surprised if it was "made up". It is simply an exceptionally nasty time for the Tea Party. I only hope that we can get through the rest of the weekend without someone getting physically hurt.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:04 am

Tea partiers use slurs. Bill Ayers planted bombs.

Shall we get started on the radical left?

A black panther standing at voting location holding a club?

Give it a rest. Your congress is below 20% approval rating and the country thinks you are all insane. Not to mention your radicals are no better than the rights radicals if not worse.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:06 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 16):
I only hope that we can get through the rest of the weekend without someone getting physically hurt.

Also hoping for this.

ATTart

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:10 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 17):

So you are ok with what they were saying today?
Remember: When someone talks behind your back, it only means you're two steps ahead of them!

TeamAmerica

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:12 am

Give it a rest. Your congress is below 20% approval rating and the country thinks you are all insane. Not to mention your radicals are no better than the rights radicals if not worse.

"Your" Congress? "Your" radicals? Pretty lucky for you to be apart from it all.

Just might be that some of us are decrying ALL the idiocy and not taking sides.

And it's OUR Congress, sir. You are not innocent.  
Failure is not an option; it's an outcome.

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:13 am

Tea partiers use slurs. Bill Ayers planted bombs.

Shall we get started on the radical left?

A black panther standing at voting location holding a club?

Give it a rest. Your congress is below 20% approval rating and the country thinks you are all insane. Not to mention your radicals are no better than the rights radicals if not worse

I see we have no excuses huh NIK? Sorry, but nothing you righties say can really change the situation that your friends in the tea party have gotten you into.

ltbewr

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:17 am

If you look at the posters of some of those with the Tea party group there today, there is a clear pattern of racism, homophobia and other hateful speech. In the past history of the USA when some on either the left or right have gone too far with such hateful speech or threatens or does acts of violence, they are on the way to the destruction of such groups. I suspect the FBI and Secret Service will go after those that committed assult today, look into these groups to seek those that may encourage violence against government leaders.

Let us hope that this kind of behavior of some in the 'Tea party' movement means a more civil organization comes into being to present the legitment right to diverse opinions as to public policy.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:21 am

Quoting ATTart (Reply 19):

No but your all trying to make this something huge and something only practiced on the right. Your not going to tell me that protests against Bush were civil?

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 21):
I see we have no excuses huh NIK? Sorry, but nothing you righties say can really change the situation that your friends in the tea party have gotten you into

You should talk, the radical left is basically contolling the WH and congress and less than 20% of the country thinks your doing a good job. Give yourself a gold star.

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:29 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 23):
You should talk, the radical left is basically contolling the WH and congress and less than 20% of the country thinks your doing a good job. Give yourself a gold star

I think you have the 20% confused with the Bush admin.

Radical left? You're funny. I would ask you what you mean by that, but I know you don't know. I know you got it from one of your conservative radio shows, and you really don't know why you're writing it down. You can't explain to me the radical left agenda, they're leaders and exactly why they're radicals. The reason for this simple being there is no "radical left". Sorry to burst your bubble

Bill Ayers    That's the best you've got you don't have much.

ATTart

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:34 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 23):
something only practiced on the right. Your not going to tell me that protests against Bush were civil?

I never said that, but you are still trying to justify their actions. Instead of saying yea it was wrong, who instead point out that well the other side does it also. Then, go on to slam the congress even though this thread is not about congress.

Then suggested that what they were saying are slur words. They are not just slur words to the people who are being called that. That last time I was called a faggot was by gay bashers, who then started to bash my face in. I had a good friend of mine killed by gay bashers and they carved into his chest FAG !!!! So to us they are not just slur words.

[Edited 2010-03-20 20:44:46]

NIKV69

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:55 am

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 24):
I think you have the 20% confused with the Bush admin

No I don't check congresses approval rating. November will be a bloodbath.

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 24):
Bill Ayers That's the best you've got you don't have much.

Oh I guess his actions get a pass? Oh I get it, because it destroys your lame argument that only the right sides radicals behave bad. Ok.

Quoting ATTart (Reply 25):
but you are still trying to justify their actions. Instead of saying yea it was wrong, who instead point out that well the other side does it also. Then, go on to slam the congress even though this thread is not about congress.

Please don't put words in my mouth, these actions are despicable and I don't agree with hurling racial slurs but sure beats having a bomb planted in a building doesn't it?

ATTart

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:06 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 26):

Please don't put words in my mouth, these actions are despicable

Well, then why did you not say that in the first place? Instead of pointing out that the other side also has it's nut cases.

I don't agree with hurling racial slurs but sure beats having a bomb planted in a building doesn't it?

Again, you just can't say it was wrong with out pointing out what another person did. It's like well he started it first...

NIKV69

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:10 am

Quoting ATTart (Reply 27):
Well, then why did you not say that in the first place? Instead of pointing out that the other side also has it's nut cases.

I did go read my earlier reply

Again, you just can't say it was wrong with out pointing out what another person did. It's like well he started it first...

See above

ATTart

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:20 am

Please don't put words in my mouth, these actions are despicable and I don't agree with hurling racial slurs but sure beats having a bomb planted in a building doesn't it?

I did read the above post, yes you did point out that what they said was wrong. But again you just could not say yes they were wrong. As quoted in the post above of yours. It seems there always has to be a "But" in what you say.

[Edited 2010-03-20 21:22:57]

Boeing4ever

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:22 am

This just proves that people who identify with Left wing or Right wing are scum.

A Democrat shot up the Pentagon.

A Republican crashed his plane into an IRS building.

So...Tea Baggers, Dumbassocrats, Retardicans...apologize, sit down, shut up, and let the pragmatists take their rightful place as the true leaders of America.

It's time for the fringes to skulk away and die off.

Remember, if you are a Democrat, you are inferior.

If you are a Republicans, you are inferior.

If you are a Tea Partier, you are inferior.

If you steer clear of these assinine ideologies that are harming the greatest nation on earth, then you are superior.

Logic dictates it. Quite simple really.

B4e-Forever New Frontiers  

ATTart

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:24 am

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 30):

Love it, Love it.. You are so right, name calling comes from both sides. It is like we are back in grade school in the school yard on recess.

Boeing4ever

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:30 am

Quoting ATTart (Reply 31):
Love it, Love it.. You are so right, name calling comes from both sides. It is like we are back in grade school in the school yard on recess.

Democrats and Republicans are simply not Americans.

If they were, they'd be loyal to their country, and not to their party.

If card carrying members of these parties, along with the entire MSNBC and FOX news staffs were sent to an island where a nuke was detonated, this country would be much better off.

There are two sad trends here:

1. Right wingers who defend to the death the action of the tea baggers

2. Idiot left wingers (a certain 20 year old namely) who somehow is delusional enough to think his side is pure.

Both sides slam each other for things they are guilty of themselves, making Democrat = Republican = Un-American Hypocrite.

So to all Democrats and Republicans...please leave my country and drop dead.

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:30 am

right now. You guys are funny. American politicss, why are we even arguing. we should be teaming up against thee ,man.          . Taaht man happens to be Obamer. That guy is spineless. I gotta stop

Dreadnought

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:31 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 16):
I got the story off of news.google.com and if you go there now you'll see around 450 news stories about the situation.

I got the story from AP, who confirmed that only one single person reported hearing the N-word.

The point is clear. Look at the attention this alleged incident has garnered. On any other day it would have been a minor B-story for a slow news day, but with the imminent vote, the sympathetic press and the Obama-sycophants go all ape about it - knowing that even if it is proven over the next few days that it never happened, it might be worth a little extra sympathy and one or two votes in Congress. It's the nature of politics, I suppose.
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

UAL747

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:36 am

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 33):
right now. You guys are funny. American politicss, why are we even arguing. we should be teaming up against thee ,man. . Taaht man happens to be Obamer. That guy is spineless. I gotta stop

You got drunk.....fast.

Boeing4ever

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 am

Only an idiot would be a Democrat and be proud of it.

Only an idiot would be a Republican and be proud of it.

What have either of these parties done to benefit America?

All they are are big unions protecting inept slugs. A "make work" program for idiot politicians and MSNBC/FOX anchors.

BMI727

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 am

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 36):
What have either of these parties done to benefit America?

They don't benefit the nation but that isn't their purpose. Their purpose is to get politicians elected, nothing more, nothing less.

Quoting ATTart (Reply 15):
"the proxy for a lot of other sentiments. A lot of which are perfectly reasonable but some of which are kind of ugly."

So if Obama was white and Barney Frank was straight, everyone would have no problem with the heath care plan?  

OA412
Crew

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 am

I see that some people are trying to minimize what happened by bringing up 1960s radicalism and Congressional approval ratings. Let's focus on what happened and stop trying to deflect by trying to claim that two wrongs make a right. When is a bunch of left wingers hurling racial and homophobic epithets, let's discuss it then, but right now, let's focus on the issue at hand. We should be able to denounce what happened without resorting to childish finger pointing and "well you did it too" behavior.

Furthermore, let me add that what they did to that man with Parkinson's is unconscionable. Watching those videos, it's abundantly clear that the tea party movement is not interested in what is best for this country. Yelling a man with Parkinson's who has to sit down and throwing money at him is despicable. Saying something like "Barack Obama is a Communist" is not only idiotic, it shows how little some of the people in the movement truly understand about politics. They throw labels around without knowing what they even mean. In watching those videos, it becomes abundantly clear that many in the movement would rather be divisive than inclusive, and would rather see the political discourse in this country continue to be dragged through the mud rather than finding a common solution.

I wish it were possible for some of these people to spend just one week in Stalin's Soviet Union. Do that, and then come back and tell me who's a communist, lady.

Lately more and more, it seemed painfully obvious that down to the core, this is what most of their anger and fervor was about; not taxes or healthcare.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If the tea party people are indeed so against rampant government spending, where were they during the Bush administration? I'm actually curious to see what political figures who have aligned themselves with the movement such as Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin have to say about this.

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 10):
And a political discussion started, and I was amazed at how much "faggot, nigger, etc." was thrown around.

I have similar experiences to your own. It amazes me how cavalier people are with some of these epithets.

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 10):
They tried to back pedal and say that they were saying it only like they say on the South Park episode where they call bikers "Fags." I'm like, uhhh huh.

Been there, done that. The excuses get really old, really fast. The words "faggot" and "nigger" are loaded, hurtful, and have no place in civilized conversation. There is no such thing as "well I heard it on South Park so it's OK for me to say it." Sorry, but it's not OK. I don't appreciate being called a fag. I can't help the fact that I was born gay, but that certainly doesn't give anyone the right to call me names.

I have heard people say, "oh slavery happened so long ago, get over it." Really? It's very easy to say that when you're not on the receiving end of racism or homophobia. Anyone who honestly believes that racism and homophobia don't exist in this country (and believe me some people do), is living in a fool's paradise.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

BMI727

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 am

Quoting OA412 (Reply 38):
I see that some people are trying to minimize what happened by bringing up 1960s radicalism and Congressional approval ratings

That is a fair argument against people arguing that idiocy and bigotry is something confined to conservatives.

ua777222

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:16 am

The Tea Party movement and its following, while shocking, is not a true representation of where the conservative movement is at.

Its just an excuse for racist bigots to stand outside and hurl words and signs "in the name of America's interests" while hiding behind the 1st amendment.

I relate this to the WBC who go and hold flags upside down or drag them on the ground out of their back pockets at the funerals of fallen heroes with the logical reasoning that its ok because a "soldier's death is the result of God punishing America for our tolerance of Fags" and they preach how they "hate America" and yet seek the protection of the police where ever they go and declare that their right to free speech be protected (which a court ruled that it was not a settled a law suit against them for $11,000,000.00).

And they can look at you with a straight face and tell you that's the weather.

Once the media stops giving these losers a forum with which to push their agenda (?), they'll disappear.
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

MadameConcorde

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:44 am

I will not discredit a whole group of people because of a few idiots, whether those few are provocateurs or not.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

windy95

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Quoting ATTart (Reply 19):

The proof of burden is on the ones who claim it was said.

http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/...-tea-party-protesters-video-proof/

futurepilot16

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 41):
I will not discredit a whole group of people because of a few idiots, whether those few are provocateurs or not.

Madame, if you lived in this country, you would see how "colorful" these people can be with their protests. I've seen it, and it's a lot more than a "few" people and a "few" racial slurs.

Quoting windy95 (Reply 42):

I'm sure it was a claim, says the hundreds of news sites and T.V. news shows, and radio news shows that have covered the story. This does not include a right wing media site, which is obviously biased. You might as well be posting a link from faux news.

In the video, the guy only filmed him walking through like 5% of the crowed. You call that proof? You do realize that the crowed was MUCH larger than 20 people right? he had to walk through about 1000 people on the other side of the street, as well as more people after he passed the cameraman. But i'm sure that video is overwhelming proof.  

ua777222

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 42):

An AP Reporter was the one who broke the story as they saw it happen.....

Please don't tell me that you believe that left-wingers some how got control of our "state-run" media.

Ala not-Fox media.

windy95

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 44):
An AP Reporter was the one who broke the story as they saw it happen.....

Please don't tell me that you believe that left-wingers some how got control of our "state-run" media.

An AP Obama reporter and some unknown Tea Party person. So all of this is alleged. Did anyone actually say it and where they actually a Tea Party person? I would not doubt that the left wing nut jobs would place people in the crowds for this vey purpose of trying to make the Tea Party look like a bunch of racists. Sorry but this story is crap until the run the Tape and show us who these "tea Partiers" are.

Lufthansa411

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 37):
So if Obama was white and Barney Frank was straight, everyone would have no problem with the heath care plan?  

Not at all, but the mentality of some of the Americans that I have seen is mind boggling. They do not act like adults, but small children at school. I remember in grade school when someone was smarter/better/faster at something, the first thing to be hurled was the word "gay", which was simply a cover for the anger or jealousy that the taunter was feeling.

The same thing is happening now, but these people are not in grade school. People who are angry at congress or Obama try to humiliate by yelling fag and nigger at them, trying to feel better about themselves by making others feel worse.
Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.

Yellowstone

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 45):
I do believe that the Constitution makes no mention of political parties in the election process.

All Democrats and Republicans are thus in direct violation of federal law.

You do realize that's not how law works, right? Political parties are not forbidden, ergo they are allowed. And any step to ban them would be a clear violation of the First Amendment rights to assembly and free speech.

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 45):
Democrats and Republicans are such sub-human filth. Animals feeding off of greed, hate, and money. They're the biggest drain our country has ever seen.

Anyone who is a card carrying member of these parties has to be legally retarded. How else would you explain a reasonable person willfully following this crap? Well, reasonable people don't follow this crap. That's how.

You seem to be unable to separate your antipathy towards partisan politicians from your views on the 60-plus percent of American voters that are registered Democrats or Republicans. Take me, for instance. I'm definitely not sub-human filth or legally retarded, and I'm a reasonable person. I agree with most (but not all) of the positions in the Democratic Party's platform. Any third party that I might be better aligned with, however, has no chance of winning an election. I certainly recognize that Democratic politicians won't always live up to the principles in their platform, but they make decisions I agree with far more often than do Republican politicians, so I tend to vote for them. I also want to be able to weigh in on which candidate the Democrats run in general elections.

Why, then, is it wrong for me to be a registered Democrat?

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 13):
Next thing you know, they'll be hurling bottles instead of racial slurs.

Already happening, though with something rather more dangerous than bottles:

Quote:
Meanwhile, a brick came through the window at Rep. Louise Slaughter's Niagara Falls office on Saturday (the day she argued for her "Slaughter solution" to pass health care reform, though it was rejected by other Democrats on the House Rules Committee).
http://www.salon.com/news/healthcare...litics/2010/03/20/tea_party_racism
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...laughter-s-office-in-Niagara-Falls
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Quoting futurepilot16 (Reply 43):
This does not include a right wing media site, which is obviously biased. You might as well be posting a link from faux news

Oh like MSNBC and CNN area not? LOL

ua777222

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Quoting windy95 (Reply 45):
An AP Obama reporter

Yes. Exactly. That was completely rational.