3. Hamilton
4. Schumacher
5. Alonso
6. Button
7. Webber
8. Rosberg
9. Barichello
10. Sutil

To be fair, I think Lewis could very well pick up P1 after the race, Hamilton's always been good at Melbourne and the cirucit suits his driving style.

Other News:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82234
McLaren, Mercedes, and two other teams, must modify diffuser (although I think the impact on performance will be nil)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82277
Hamilton believes that Red Bull have a huge advantage.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82299
While Button thinks that McLaren will be stronger in Oz.

Hopefully our Aussie fans on the thread here will be attending and will share some pics!

I wish I was there....

GO Hamilton as always!

EZEIZA

RE: F1 2010: Australian Grand Prix!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm

I see Massa doing well in Australia for some reason ... I can't wait!
And what used to be an inconvenience, now that I have a baby it's actually great ... the race is around 3am Argentina time (if someone could help me confirm that   ), so everyobdy is asleep and I don't need to keep the tv busy with cartoons .. I have f1 all for myself 
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

sudden

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Interesting to see how you rank Schumi. Any particular reason why you put him in front of Alonso and Button? Personally I can't see it happen myself, or at least not yet.
Or does your list rather reflect the result you would like to see?  

I'm going to be very boring and not make any prediction. I simply think it's too difficult as of yet. Also because Raikkonen is not in the game anymore. Yep, I can admit I miss him on the grid. I think it would be have been nice to see him fight it out with the other title holders.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 2):
Interesting to see how you rank Schumi. Any particular reason why you put him in front of Alonso and Button? Personally I can't see it happen myself, or at least not yet.
Or does your list rather reflect the result you would like to see?

No reason I put Schumi in from of Alonso....I just think he'll have a better race. Schumi is known for his confidence...he realized that he'll have to push much harder. And we also know that he's ridiculously hard to pass...Alonso gets stuck behind him...botched Pit stop :-P

Button...well I still don't have much hope for him...he HAS to drive agressively to even catch up to his teammate. His current ( and past) driving style won't let him be as good as Hamilton.

does my list reflect the results I want to see?...no way...I'd want a McLaren 1-2  ...but realistically...it won't happen I hope I'm wrong.

GrahamHill

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Let's hope we'll have more enjoyment than last time...
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

Kiwirob

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm

The first round was terrible, if you wanted to see some exciting open wheel racing then the IRL opener in Brazil was a much better and more entertaining race, they probably had more overtaking in that race than half of last seasons F1 races put together. Makes you wonder what F1 would be like if they had a control chassis with free choice of engines and (maybe) the ability for teams to customise some areo like front and rear wings. Being able to pick the majority of winners based on qualifying position doesn't make racing fun to watch, it's been this way since the early 90's.

I wouldn't count out Schumacher he's won Melbourne 4 times, if he qualifies well he'll and the car is running well he'll be hard to beat.

GrahamHill

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 5):
Makes you wonder what F1 would be like if they had a control chassis with free choice of engines and (maybe) the ability for teams to customise some areo like front and rear wings.

Well, it would go against F1's nature to have standardize chassis or whatever else. IIRC, Mosley wanted to impose one type of engine to all manufacturers and there's been strong protests against this idea.

I think that downforce, electronics and the new circuits "made in FIA" are the three evils of F1.

MIAspotter

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 4):
Let's hope we'll have more enjoyment than last time...

And another Ferrari 1-2, but this time Massa-Alonso!

The race will be broadcasted at 8:00am Spanish time, so I won't have to get up so early, they do however have a "previa" which is a 2 hour programme where they talk about F1, show you some technical stuff and basically talk about Alonso, De La Rosa, and Alguersuari oh and Hispania Racing. that starts at 6am but I think I will skip that.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 1):
the race is around 3am Argentina time (if someone could help me confirm that ),

I am in EST, which is 1 hour behind you so yes 3am, as it is to be broadcast here at 2am.

LTU932

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm kind of happy I was in the stadium last week instead of watching F1. At least in the stadium, USP kept us all busy with the choreos.

Let's see if Round 2 becomes any better, though it's likely I'll miss that as well because of the time difference.

GrahamHill

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 7):
And another Ferrari 1-2, but this time Massa-Alonso!

No ! No no no no no no ! Not Massa. Sorry, but I just can't.

Kent350787

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 6):
IIRC, Mosley wanted to impose one type of engine to all manufacturers and there's been strong protests against this idea.

Isn't it funny how things change - there was a time on the dim distant past where Ferrari was the only team not using a Cosworth engine, through the free choice of the teams.

Then the car manufacturers got involved again......

I'm of the "anyone but ferrari" persuasion (but remember when they were the underdog) and hope the RB's speed and fuel consumption are balanced as, of course, MW should win!  

Interesting article in one of our papers this AM on Button considering V8SC once retired - he did some time in a V8SC yesterday, whilst Whincup (current V8SC champion) had Hamilton's car from last year....

MIAspotter

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 11):
Button considering V8SC once retired

Button should go drive milkfloats (Electric cars to deliver milk for our non-UK friends) which are better suited to his "smooth" driving style (or lack of)

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 10):

Why not? that way his confidence will get a boost and both Ferrari drivers will start pushing each other! Fun!

MIAspotter
Nos vamos de Vueling?

Stealthz

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:41 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Thread starter):
Hopefully our Aussie fans on the thread here will be attending and will share some pics!

Will be attending but pics are a stretch, Albert Park has become the most photographer unfriendly track I have ever been to. This is at both a physical level, barriers, fences and advertising make it almost impossible to get a shot and at an official level with a putative ban on camera lenses over 200mm, turns out this was how security folks interpreted a directive from AGP Corp, real ban is on commercial use of images( Note to self, find email from AGP Corp telling me it was OK to take Bigma!)

An interesting snippet from the fan survey conducted a few weeks back by FOTA & FOM, nearly 67% of respondents(approx 90,000) said that F1 should remain the "pinnacle of automotive technology". Sadly that has not been the case for some time, inexpensive and mundane road cars now have technology and systems that the F1 teams can only dream about.
I think F1 may be considered the pinnacle of allowed automotive technology.
One thing I wish they would consider is making the engines free again... well almost free. Perhaps something like a 2.4 or 3 Litre, freedom of cylinder numbers and configuration, freedom of fuel but a limitation, say 13-14,000 on RPM.

Just a thought.

C
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

MadameConcorde

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Thread starter):
GO Hamilton as always!

Greetings from bkk suvarnabhumi airport          thai airways business lounge on my way to singapore - Thai computers are crap

My take on Melbourne

!. Lewis Hamilton   
2. Kamui Kobayashi
3. Pedro de la Rosa
!9, :Michael Schumacher

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 8):
I am in EST, which is 1 hour behind you so yes 3am, as it is to be broadcast here at 2am.

Will be watching the race from somewhere in Singapore before i First to Fly the Singapore Airlines A380 again this time it will be to Zurich at midnight on GP day

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 12):
Button should go drive milkfloats (Electric cars to deliver milk for our non-UK friends) which are better suited to his "smooth" driving style (or lack of)

Oh what a good idea - Lets find him a contract with one of the milk delivery companies

Quoting stealthz (Reply 13):
Will be attending

Enjoy yourself and have a great time  
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

MIAspotter

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 14):

!. Lewis Hamilton
2. Kamui Kobayashi
3. Pedro de la Rosa
!9, :Michael Schumacher

Oh come on... I mean Lewis finishing 1st is a possibility no doubts about it but Kamui and Pedro? that could only happen if the rest of the field crash out at the first turn and they are the only cars left running, together with the Lotus and Hispania Racing (who will drop out after 4 laps anyways)

Oh what a good idea - Lets find him a contract with one of the milk delivery companies

Yep, they can even paint it silver and put some stickers on it so he can pretend to still be driving for Macca.

My prediction.

1.Alonso
2.Hamilton
3.Vettel
4.Massa
5.Webber
6.Rosberg
7.Schumacher

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

Kiwirob

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:26 am

2. Kamui Kobayashi

2nd come on he's nothing more than a moving chicane.

Better get a second float ready for Kobayashi, I doubt he will ever step foot on the podium in his entire career let alone win a race or a championship.

sudden

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:13 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 16):
2nd come on he's nothing more than a moving chicane.

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 16):
Better get a second float ready for Kobayashi, I doubt he will ever step foot on the podium in his entire career let alone win a race or a championship.

He will most likely go down the same road as most other Asian drivers who came/left F1.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

GrahamHill

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 am

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 12):
Why not?

Because I don't like him? And I very very much prefer Alonso!

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 am

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 15):

Oh come on... I mean Lewis finishing 1st is a possibility no doubts about it but Kamui and Pedro? that could only happen if the rest of the field crash out at the first turn and they are the only cars left running, together with the Lotus and Hispania Racing (who will drop out after 4 laps anyways)

I hope you both know that these 3 drivers are Madame C's favorites.... I hope you all know she's not serious...she knows this is not likely to happen, but it is her dream result  

B747forever

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

If Redbull gets it right this time, I think Vettel will do very well and finish on the podium. Bet Ferrari will continue to perform good, hope so at least.
Work Hard, Fly Right

MadameConcorde

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:09 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 19):
these 3 drivers are Madame C's favorites....

Hammy can win Melbourne - i certainly hope he will

as to Kamui and Pedro i will keep encouraging them
I look forward to seeing them in Monaco

While everybody will be after Schumi Alonso and Massa
I will see my own two at the paddocks and around and Hammy too
I know quite a few of the McLaren people

Wont be Aguri fun - BMW Sauber are tight spirited - though it will be nice to see the boys   

Go Hammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

sudden

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:49 am

One good thing that I know many of us will support, is the fact that we will not have to see Anthony Hamilton anymore in the garage. He will focus on his own business going forward. Or who knows, maybe Lewis kicked dad to the curb.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 am

Quoting sudden (Reply 22):
Or who knows, maybe Lewis kicked dad to the curb.

I doubt that. I'm sure Anthonys got his hand in there in some way, shape or form.

sudden

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:55 am

Quoting bill142 (Reply 23):
I doubt that. I'm sure Anthonys got his hand in there in some way, shape or form.

Probably as he wants a bit of the $ that his son earns. But at least I don't need to see his face in the garage during the weekend anymore.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

GrahamHill

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Another nice statement from Schumi (and this is why I don't like him)

Quote:
I dreamed to kick other drivers' arses, but instead, they've kicked mine
http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breve..._schumacher-en-pere-fouettard.html (in French)

You see? This dude is so full of himself that he thought he could come back to beat everyone. Come on, be humble from time to time!

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 25):
Another nice statement from Schumi (and this is why I don't like him)

I'm not defending Schumi because like you, I don't really like him.

But for clarification due to a possible error in translation. The english article reads differently.

Quote:
"I wasn't dreaming kicking everyone's arse, but neither was I kicked, so I'm okay."
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/60...002/Schumacher-I-Am-Not-A-Magician

It is possible the french writer forgot some "Ne' and "Pas" which apparently can change the meaning of a sentence.

Lets agree to agree..Schumi had his time, and he's not the second coming of.....Senna :-P

EZEIZA

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 8):
Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 7):
The race will be broadcasted at 8:00am Spanish time

thanks both, but I'm a bit lost ... If the race is 8am Spanish time, then it would be 4am Argentina time, since it's 4 hour difference with (most of) Europe .. unless they have already changed the hour there?

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 25):
You see? This dude is so full of himself that he thought he could come back to beat everyone. Come on, be humble from time to time!

7 wdc's can allow for some arrogance ... I prefer him being arrogant than some others who are full of themselves and have not done 10% of what Schumi did.

B747forever

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 27):
I prefer him being arrogant than some others who are full of themselves and have not done 10% of what Schumi did

Maybe Alonso?  
Work Hard, Fly Right

Delboy

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:20 pm

My take on Melbourne

!. Lewis Hamilton
2. Kamui Kobayashi
3. Pedro de la Rosa

Whatever it is you are smoking Madam, I suggest you stop. This is never going to happen (only in one of your dreams)

If it's anything like the last one, I'll watch qualy3 and the first two or three laps, then give up.

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:31 pm

thanks both, but I'm a bit lost ... If the race is 8am Spanish time, then it would be 4am Argentina time, since it's 4 hour difference with (most of) Europe .. unless they have already changed the hour there?

I think I have it right you're at 3am. best bet. go to www.f1.com....and on the right side there's a countdown. Ask it to convert to local time and you'll have your answer.

I think the issue is the fact that some time over this weekend, Some parts of Europe will have a time change for daylight savings.

Quoting Delboy (Reply 29):
Whatever it is you are smoking Madam, I suggest you stop. This is never going to happen (only in one of your dreams)

Haven't seen you around this forum but wanted to let you know that those are Madam's 3 favorite drivers, as she has stated she doesn't expect it to happen--she was joking.

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 21):

B747forever

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 30):
I think the issue is the fact that some time over this weekend, Some parts of Europe will have a time change for daylight savings

Yepp, we will change the time during Sunday night.
Work Hard, Fly Right

GrahamHill

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:00 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 26):
But for clarification due to a possible error in translation. The english article reads differently.

Interesting. Then it is indeed a mistranslation.

However, it won't change my mind about him  
7 wdc's can allow for some arrogance.

No, I'm sorry.

sudden

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 28):
Maybe Alonso?

Care to expand on that!?

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 32):
No, I'm sorry.

Your such a woman from time to time.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

EZEIZA

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Maybe Alonso?

that was the first that came to my mind, but not the only one ... I have Montoya on the list too

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 32):
No, I'm sorry.

no need to apologize 
Quoting sudden (Reply 33):
Care to expand on that!?

possibly due to the Spanish press being such a pain whenever they say anything about Alonso, but I admit I have the image of him being an arrogant showoff. He has improved however after the last couple of seasons.

sudden

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 34):
possibly due to the Spanish press being such a pain whenever they say anything about Alonso, but I admit I have the image of him being an arrogant showoff. He has improved however after the last couple of seasons.

The Mclaren team, and Hamilton admitted later on that they should have payed more attention to what Alonso said. But during the season he came over as they child who lost his candy. He can be a bit of cry baby at times, but it doesn't take away the fact that he is blistering fast, and he has 2 titles to support it. When he drive he drives right on the edge. Not like watching Button take his grandma for a boring Sunday drive (a very fast Sunday drive though).
I think Alonso and Schumi has a lot in common actually as race drivers.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 35):
When he drive he drives right on the edge.

I would actually add a few more drivers to this list. Hamilton, Vettel, Kubica and maybe Rosberg, would be among them. Massa, Button, Webber?....not really.

EZEIZA

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 pm

He can be a bit of cry baby at times, but it doesn't take away the fact that he is blistering fast, and he has 2 titles to support it

I agree, but he began being a showoff when he was just starting (and there's where I partly blame the Spanish press)

When he drive he drives right on the edge. Not like watching Button take his grandma for a boring Sunday drive (a very fast Sunday drive though).

Agree on that too.

na

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 pm

One thing is for sure, Webber will do everything to beat his teammate Vettel.
Imho we´ll see another Ferrari win, and that its Alonso isnt so sure. Already in his first race after the accident Massa was so close to Alonso that I think he´ll give the Spaniard a hard time this year.
Hamilton is always good for a win though if his car can beat Ferrari already next sunday I dont expect.
Mercedes? I think the car needs 2, 3 more races to compete, at Bahrain I was a bit disappointed by the Silberpfeil. It will be very interesting to see if Schumacher can beat his ambitious and highly talented teammate this time.
One thing that disappointed me at Bahrain was the performance of the newcomers. At least one of the three new teams should have been able to fight in the middel field. But Lotus, Virgin and whowasthethirdone put up a show which we havent seen in a few years - all trotting around miles behind. Lotus appears to be the most potent of the three so maybe they can catch up a little, step by step. I´d love to see this once great name higher up there.

GrahamHill

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Quoting sudden (Reply 33):
Your such a woman from time to time.

Maybe Alonso?

We already talked about that, so I'm not going to go over this again and again...

Springbok747

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 10):

Why not? It will be great to see him win after that horrible accident last year. I hope its another Ferrari 1-2.

But I see Vettel winning this one..with Alonso or Massa on the podium somewhere.
אני תומך בישראל

B747forever

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Quoting NA (Reply 38):
One thing is for sure, Webber will do everything to beat his teammate Vettel.

But I doubt he will be able to beat Vettel. Vettel is the better driver in Redbull.
Work Hard, Fly Right

MIAspotter

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm

We go forward 1 hour on at 3am sunday, I will make the effort to get up early on sunday, just because it's F1 and because the next weekend is Easter  so I can recover then, but then there is the Malaysian GP.

7 wdc's can allow for some arrogance ... I prefer him being arrogant than some others who are full of themselves and have not done 10% of what Schumi did.

COUGH-Button-COUGH!

Maybe Alonso?

Alonso has 2 world titles under his belt, more than any of the other drivers on the grid (Except Schumi of course) and both won by dominating and not scavenging on points a-la Hamilton-Button.

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 34):
He has improved however after the last couple of seasons.

Yes after having to eat 2 huge Renault-crappy cars humble pies.

Quoting NA (Reply 38):
Already in his first race after the accident Massa was so close to Alonso that I think he´ll give the Spaniard a hard time this year.

Very close... 16 seconds behind they ended up... mind you, Massa had to ease up on the throttle due to the engine running a bit hotter than normal.

[Edited 2010-03-25 13:13:24]
Nos vamos de Vueling?

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 40):
Why not? It will be great to see him win after that horrible accident last year. I hope its another Ferrari 1-2.

I agree with this, but I don't think we're going to have another 1-2. Massa is more determined then ever to win it this time. I think McLaren will be solid here though.

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 42):
Alonso has 2 world titles under his belt, more than any of the other drivers on the grid (Except Schumi of course) and both won by dominating and not scavenging on points a-la Hamilton-Button.

Whoa, wait a second....I hope you're not insinuating that Hamilton and Button won by scavenging points. Because they didn't Hamilton dominated in his first year getting a podium in his first 9 races (up there with Alonso fyi) losing out to Kimi by a point, due to rookie mistakes. And he beat out Massa the year later. Button Dominated in the first half of the season. and won by a comfortable race worth of points. FYI Alonso was close to losing in 2006, IIRC Schumi gave Eye-brow man a run for his money in hte second half of the season.

The man with the most points is the deserving winner of his title. So no driver won by scavenging points....thanks.
unless you're Schumi...and then you just cheated your way to the front.        

[Edited 2010-03-25 13:34:57]

MIAspotter

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 43):
I hope you're not insinuating that Hamilton and Button won by scavenging points. Because they didn't

They did, specially Button

And he beat out Massa the year later

Almost, because he almost cocked up that year too and if it wasn't for that still dubious pass on Glock on the last corner on the last lap...

Button Dominated in the first half of the season. and won by a comfortable race worth of points.

Last year's season was a total farce, they had an advantage over the other manufactures on the first races (diffusser) if all the manufacturers had started with their cars on more or less the same level as the Brawns, then it would have been another story and Brawn would not have stood a chance.

And besides where was Button after the first half of the season? finishing 5, 7, 4th there, scavenging points.

FYI Alonso was close to losing in 2006, IIRC Schumi gave Eye-brow man a run for his money in hte second half of the season.

Yes, but in those races, where were they finishing? 1st and 2nd one time Alonso blew the engine (Monza) the other time it was Schumi (Japan) they fought it out to the end beating the c**p outta each other not just driving conservately to score enough points to keep them in the game.

That is a Champion!

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

B747forever

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 44):
if it wasn't for that still dubious pass on Glock on the last corner on the last lap...

I still have nightmares about that! Massa was WDC only for a few seconds  
Work Hard, Fly Right

MIAspotter

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 45):
I still have nightmares about that! Massa was WDC only for a few seconds

Me too, and I still think there is more to that than just pure coincidence.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 46):
Me too, and I still think there is more to that than just pure coincidence.

of course it wasn't a coincidence, it was raining and the Toyotas were on dry tyres. Get over it.
Your logic for Hamilton not being a deserving champion is contradictory.

Because of the statement below.

Yes, but in those races, where were they finishing? 1st and 2nd one time Alonso blew the engine (Monza) the other time it was Schumi (Japan) they fought it out to the end beating the c**p outta each other not just driving conservately to score enough points to keep them in the game.

Hamilton and Massa fought like this too...Not to mention Hamilton was (arguably-wrongly) punished at Spa, while Massa went (wrongly) unpunished at Valencia. If you want to suggest that Hamilton didn't deserve to be world champion...then I dare you to explain to me why Felipe Massa DID.

Last year's season was a total farce, they had an advantage over the other manufactures on the first races (diffusser) if all the manufacturers had started with their cars on more or less the same level as the Brawns, then it would have been another story and Brawn would not have stood a chance.

If you're sad because Ross Brawn was innovative then move to another sport. You make it sound like F1 should be standardize. Brawn exploited a loophole in the rules, just as Ferrari did with their wheel fairings, and McLaren (and now Sauber) with their airflow system this year.

Button won the championship by getting more points then anyone else. What do you think of Kimi's winning WDC then...That's scavenging according to you as well is it not?

BlueElephant
Topic Author

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 am

I just saw Bruno Senna go P1!....granted not even everyone has done installation laps yet  

MadameConcorde

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 am

Not a good day for Kamui and Pedro.

Kamui was doing really well on timing until he had the spin then it was Pedro not too long after... Awful morning for Sauber....

Hammy still has all his chances but the Red Bulls are extremely fast - maybe the fastest car for this season so far.