Elite
Topic Author

15 Y.O. Girl Beaten Into A Coma By 15 Y.O. Boy

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 am

A 15 year old girl is beaten into a coma by a 15 year old boy over certain text messages... the kid is now charged with premeditated murder.

However, this apparently had something to do with the suicide of the boys brother, yet it is not elaborated on in the video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4141151/horrific-teen-beating

steeler83

RE: 15 Y.O. Girl Beaten Into A Coma By 15 Y.O. Boy

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 pm

I saw that on G.M.A the other day. From what I saw, that kid has a sick mind. I'm sorry, but beating anyone until they're pretty much on life-support is not necessary. I hope she is able to recover from this.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

KFLLCFII

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Quoting Elite:
the kid is now charged with premeditated murder.

He hasn't been charged with premeditated murder, as she hasn't died. She is making slow progress.

For those that remember the boy, Michael Brewer, who was set on fire by a group of another boys over a bicycle dispute a few months ago...Yes, him and Josie attended the same middle school. This area is just that disgusting that such petty dealings can turn into life-or-death situations.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

KFLLCFII

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Girl, 15, out of coma after Deerfield school beating but has severe brain injuries, doctor says

Awake since at least the weekend, beating victim Josie Lou Ratley was sitting in a wheelchair Wednesday morning, showing signs that she not only recognizes her mother, but also wants to cuddle with her, the teen's doctor and lawyer say.

Dr. David Lasko and attorney Rick Freedman told reporters at Broward General Medical Center that they were encouraged by Ratley's progress, but their enthusiasm is tempered by her latest brain scan, which shows severe injuries in an area that affects her ability to communicate and walk.

"Unfortunately, the results of that testing has confirmed their worst fears," Freedman said.

Lasko said Ratley, 15, has limited functioning in her right arm, hand and fingers, but has shown some physical responses whenever she recognizes her nurses and her mother.

The doctor said their voices seem to have a calming effect on the teenager.

"She has made a steady and slow and remarkable improvement," said Lasko. "She's a remarkable young woman."

Lasko avoided sounding too optimistic.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...ns-20100414,0,1587883.story?page=1
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

Flighty

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 pm

That's tragic. Many times, a 15 year old girl will be able to beat up a boy her age any day of the week.

KBUF

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:42 am

Wow! It happened at a bus stop at the school? That boy should get his ass expelled.
"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."-Terry Pegula, February 22, 2011

wn700driver

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 am

Quoting KBUF (Reply 5):
That boy should get his ass expelled.

Sure. As soon as they release him from a juvenile prison. This is at least an aggravated assault, the kind of felony that will irrevocably destroy the life an adult offender (as it should). But since he's a minor, you know, six months unsupervised probation...  
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

KFLLCFII

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:00 am

They announced he will be charged as an adult.

sudden

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 am

First of all I was very happy to read that the girl had woken up and recognizes her family.

Quoting kfllcfii (Reply 7):

This is very satisfying indeed. If they only would put him in a general prison so he could become someones bit$h.
When in doubt, flat out!

wn700driver

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:55 am

Quoting kfllcfii (Reply 7):

Good. When he gets out in 5 - 10, he'll have the whole rest of his life to realize just what that kind of felony does to one's ability to survive. Every turned down job, failed backround check, denied rental application, and otherwise rejection will remind him of what he did and what he has to live with.

Quoting sudden (Reply 8):
This is very satisfying indeed. If they only would put him in a general prison so he could become someones bit$h.

I don't know what good knowing this guy will "get his" that way does for anyone, especially the young girl. But, by the same token, I doubt many tears will be shed if that sort of thing did become his life in prison. Is beating young women into a coma the kind of thing that earns much "street cred" in prison?
Base not your happiness on the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. No Hope = No Fear

Cadet57

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:08 am

Someone should beat his ass into a coma. Better yet, just dump him in GP and quietly tell his new buddies what he's in for. Worthless scumbag.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

ual747den

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:55 am

Quoting kfllcfii (Reply 2):
For those that remember the boy, Michael Brewer, who was set on fire by a group of another boys over a bicycle dispute a few months ago...Yes, him and Josie attended the same middle school. This area is just that disgusting that such petty dealings can turn into life-or-death situations.

Wow it seems like that school needs to be closed and the area swarmed by cops ready to lock people up for ANYTHING.

Quoting KBUF (Reply 5):
It happened at a bus stop at the school? That boy should get his ass expelled.

Umm I hope he ends up in jail for a long long time.

Quoting cadet57 (Reply 10):
Someone should beat his ass into a coma. Better yet, just dump him in GP and quietly tell his new buddies what he's in for. Worthless scumbag.

oh oh I know what that "GP" stands for! Been there done that!
(All charges dropped and apology from DA)
/// UNITED AIRLINES

Aesma

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 pm

The story behind the story demonstrates 15 years old are not the same as adults. The boy did this, and I'm not excusing what he did, because the girl texted his girlfriend something bad about his recently deceased brother.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams