dxing

Bart Stupak Pulls The Ripcord And Bails

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 pm

After getting a phony promise that abortion will not be funded from the President, enabling probably the biggest social boondoggle on record to be enacted into law, Bart Stupak is bailing out rather than face an angry electorate.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100409/NEWS15/100409014

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/35585.html

My favorite line from the second link:

“After selling his soul to Nancy Pelosi, it appears that Bart Stupak finally found the courage to tell her no," said National Republican Congressional Committee communications director Ken Spain.

and ain't that the truth.

He joins several other democrats that have seen the handwriting on the wall and decided to "retire" rather than face being unceremoniously dumped.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

fr8mech

RE: Bart Stupak Pulls The Ripcord And Bails

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Quoting DXing (Thread starter):
He joins several other democrats that have seen the handwriting on the wall and decided to "retire" rather than face being unceremoniously dumped.

After they laid a pile of steaming manure on the Constitution.

We'll be a generation trying to clean up the mess.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

mayor

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:56 pm

And, now, most of them will become lobbyists or consultants for the same corporations that they used to abhor.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

MoltenRock

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Ole Bart isn't choosing not to run because of the healthcare bill, but rather the IRS and an inevitable inquiry/investigation of his involvement with The Family and his undeclared income from his subsidized housing by The Family for him living in the C Street house. This C Street group needs to all be investigated and exposed for their actions.

Oh how the mighty so-called Christians of C Street have fallen and been exposed as hypocrites. Funny how this so-called Christian group has so many of its members exposed for sexual gaffes. Chip Pickering, Mark Sanford, John Ensign, and others, have brought the beacon of light upon C Street as the IRS, the media, and Congressional Ethics all
are looking into this group.

dl021

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 pm

He's a coward for doing the deal he did after claiming his principles wouldn't let him do it. That deal is not law, and probably contravenes law. A presidential order cannot overturn law. He's avoiding re-election because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his actions.

Whichever side of the issue you're on, principles matter. He either lied about them to begin with, or betrayed them.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

dxing

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 3):
Ole Bart isn't choosing not to run because of the healthcare bill

Yeaahhh, nice try at deflection. He betrayed his constituents and rather than face up to them, bails.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

NIKV69

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 3):
Ole Bart isn't choosing not to run because of the healthcare bill, but rather the IRS and an inevitable inquiry/investigation of his involvement with The Family and his undeclared income from his subsidized housing by The Family for him living in the C Street house. This C Street group needs to all be investigated and exposed for their actions.

I swear for a second I was watching the Rachel Maddow show. You realize you and her are probably the only two people that care about this? He is retiring because unlike Harry Reid he is accepting the fact he will lose by 15 points because he has enraged his district by going against their wishes and they want him gone. You can only ingore polls and the people for so long. It will catch up to you.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

fxramper

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Isn't the first to bail and won't be the last before elections. Good head bashing on politico.

article

Quoting DXing (Thread starter):
After getting a phony promise that abortion will not be funded from the President, enabling probably the biggest social boondoggle on record to be enacted into law, Bart Stupak is bailing out rather than face an angry electorate.

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 1):
After they laid a pile of steaming manure on the Constitution.

slider

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Gutless POS....

May his soul enjoy retirement as well. one more rat jumping off the ship, who's sacrificed himself at the altar of statism. AMF Stupak.

EA772LR

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 6):
I swear for a second I was watching the Rachel Maddow show.

Maybe MoltenRock is Rachel Maddow...they say many of the same talking points!   

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 6):
He is retiring because unlike Harry Reid he is accepting the fact he will lose by 15 points because he has enraged his district by going against their wishes and they want him gone. You can only ingore polls and the people for so long. It will catch up to you.

Yep. Stupak is a POS and deserves to leave. It's going to be an much needed bloodbath for the Demonrats this November   . I've got my popcorn ready!      
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

Ken777

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:30 pm

With Democrats retiring I'm sure that Republicans will all decide to stay so they can be part of regaining controlling the House & Senate. No Republicans at all in 2010 or 2012. Right?