Aaron747
Topic Author

Huck Shoots His Feet Again

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:42 am

Just when you thought he was done driving nails into the coffin of any future campaign, Mike Huckabee has gone and done it again. Again I ask: why do handlers and campaign managers these days let people say these things in public? This is just PR disaster all over again.

Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Huckabee also told college journalists last week that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt. "Children are not puppies," he said.

Note to the GOP: kick this guy out now. He's no conservative.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413/..._on_el_pr/us_huckabee_gay_marriage
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Continental

RE: Huck Shoots His Feet Again

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Thread starter):
Huckabee also told college journalists last week that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt. "Children are not puppies," he said.

Yikes. That's just awful. This guy is certainly crazy to be saying things like this in public.

tootallsd

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 pm

I think it is great that the Republican part is led by such individuals with clear and high moral standards. We need more not less.

ogre727

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Quoting Continental (Reply 1):
Yikes. That's just awful. This guy is certainly crazy to be saying things like this in public.

So it's ok to say them in the privacy of your house? to your family and friends???
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea

casinterest

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm

He's no conservative.

Yes he is. A social one   Of course that means something different politicallly, but the Republicans have never figured that out.

You have to admit, at least Huck doesn't hide his convictions. He wears them on his sleeve. It makes it easier for myself not to vote for him.

However it is problems like this mixeed with the Tea Party Movement, and the current RNC issues that are completely plauging any attempts to mount any serious challenge to the Democratic Congress this fall.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

thegreatRDU

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Quoting ogre727 (Reply 3):
So it's ok to say them in the privacy of your house? to your family and friends???

Why yes he's entitled to his opinion...
Our Returning Champion

EA772LR

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 4):
However it is problems like this mixeed with the Tea Party Movement, and the current RNC issues that are completely plauging any attempts to mount any serious challenge to the Democratic Congress this fall.

You're seriously mistaken my friend.    This November will be a tough one for the Democrats.
We often judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions.

NIKV69

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Quoting tootallsd (Reply 2):
I think it is great that the Republican part is led by such individuals with clear and high moral standards. We need more not less

Huckabee is a leader of thte GOP? LOLOL You need to keep up on current events. He hosts a show on FOX. That's about it. Remember just because MSNBC says something doesn't make it so. In fact it usually is wrong.

You have to admit, at least Huck doesn't hide his convictions. He wears them on his sleeve. It makes it easier for myself not to vote for him.

He is not running for anything, as for his comment the guy is a far right and is from Arkansas what do you expect him to say?
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Continental

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 am

Quoting ogre727 (Reply 3):

I meant for his sake. If he ever tries to run for office, this won't bode well for him.

[Edited 2010-04-14 18:04:19]

DocLightning

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:40 am

Yanno, I'm willing to start taking bets on how long it's going to take for him to show up in a gay bar or buying meth from a gay drug dealer or something.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:32 am

LMAO! I'm waiting for Huckabee's weight to explode again so he can disappear out of the country again for stomach surgery to lose his ever expanding mass.

http://plutarch01.wordpress.com/2007/12/13/huckabees-weight-loss-scam/

I wonder how Fatty McFat Fat Huckabee can reconcile these biblical scriptures seeing he's soooooo holy and xtian. *puke*

As Proverbs 23:1&2 states very clearly:

When you sit to dine with a ruler, note well what [a] is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. - New International Translation

When you sit down to dine with a ruler consider carefully what is before you, and stick a knife in your throat if you have a big appetite. - Holman Translation

Ezekiel 16:49-50

Sodom’s sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door. 50 She was proud and committed detestable sins, so I wiped her out, as you have seen.

Titus 1:10-12

For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. 11They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons."

EA772LR

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 10):

Nice childish attempt at trying to make Huckabee look like the only glutton, hypocrite. I'm pretty sure we all suffer from these 'sins' at some time in our lives. And if you think one politician is better/worse than another, you're mistaken.

Your post reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

"We often judge ourselves by our INTENTIONS, but others by their ACTIONS."

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:52 pm

I wonder how Fatty McFat Fat Huckabee can reconcile these biblical scriptures seeing he's soooooo holy and xtian. *puke*

You missed this one:

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

And this one:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.

And this one for New Testament wonks:

Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Trying to mock people of faith by using scripture you neither care for or understand is completely pathetic. Making fun of him because of his faith is even more pathetic.

"The mouth of a fool brings ruin near." Proverbs 10:14

Just saying...

[Edited 2010-04-15 08:54:07]

mt99

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Quoting Boeing1970 (Reply 12):

You missed this one:

You also missed these ones in Leviticus:

:11:9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11:11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you."

Are the different levels of "abomination" i mean how about going on a gay date to have some Lobster and hit the sack after?

Trying to mock people of faith by using scripture you neither care for or understand is completely pathetic

If we don't care or understand.. then stop throwing it on our faces. deal?

The new testamant talks about divorce too you know - yet that is perfectly legal.
Step into my office, baby

EA772LR

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Trying to mock people of faith by using scripture you neither care for or understand is completely pathetic. Making fun of him because of his faith is even more pathetic.

"The mouth of a fool brings ruin near." Proverbs 10:14

Just saying...

I forget the passage, but Christ warns of dealing with fools. Something like this: "TO ASSOCIATE WITH FOOLS IS BOTH UNWISE AND UNPLEASANT. To some degree folly is contagious, and association with a fool tends to diminish our ability to discern truth from error and wisdom from folly."

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:12 pm

LMAO! I'm waiting for Huckabee's weight to explode again so he can disappear out of the country again for stomach surgery to lose his ever expanding mass.

http://plutarch01.wordpress.com/2007/12/13/huckabees-weight-loss-scam/

Can you ever debate something without the personal attacks or name calling? What does his weight have to do with anything?

mt99

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 14):
I forget the passage, but Christ warns of dealing with fools. Something like this: "TO ASSOCIATE WITH FOOLS IS BOTH UNWISE AND UNPLEASANT. To some degree folly is contagious, and association with a fool tends to diminish our ability to discern truth from error and wisdom from folly."

Wow, that IS something we can agree on ! It sure is unpleasant.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

What a friggen lunatic, not like this is a big shock to anyone.

Quoting mt99 (Reply 16):

Wow, that IS something we can agree on ! It sure is unpleasant.

I agree, dealing with fools is quite unpleasant indeed.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 13):
If we don't care or understand.. then stop throwing it on our faces. deal?

I'm pretty sure Molten Rock was doing the throwing there smart guy.

EA772LR

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 15):
Can you ever debate something without the personal attacks or name calling? What does his weight have to do with anything?

It's the typical Liberal double standard. Now if I were to make fun of Obama for being half white/half black by calling him an Oreo, I'd be immediately shouted down for being racist. But it's ok to make fun of someone for his weight. No biggie.

LAXintl

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

I hardly call his comments as shooting his own feet.

Nothing is wrong is expressing his convictions. His long held and consistent public opinions are also certainly similarly shared by many Americans and play well to certain audiences.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

PHLBOS

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 pm

I believe the verse you're referring to is actually in the Old Testament Book of Proverbs.

He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV)

Is my assumption (with regards to the verse you were looking for) correct?
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Mike Huckabee uses his silly religion to deny gay people rights and to disparage them by equating them to bestiality and pedophilia. He uses his "good book" as his guidebook as to what is acceptable and good for America. I'm using his same rule book to measure how he stacks up.

If one doesn't want religion stuffed back in one's face, they shouldn't bring it into the political discourse to start with. That's what I love about the whole evangelical, persecuted, xtian schtick these guys blather on about. Funny how quickly they run and cry from the room when the tables are turned on them and their "good book" cuts them to shreds.

Sorry but you don't get to pick and choose which items in a book you choose to believe when you claim it is inspired and true. Take it or leave it as a whole.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.
Mike Huckabee has gone and done it again. Again I ask: why do handlers and campaign managers these days let people say these things in public? This is just PR disaster all over again.

Quoting Continental (Reply 1):
Yikes. That's just awful.
Quoting thegreatRDU (Reply 5):
Why yes he's entitled to his opinion...
Quoting Continental (Reply 8):
If he ever tries to run for office, this won't bode well for him.
Quoting LAXintl (Reply 20):
His long held and consistent public opinions are also certainly similarly shared by many Americans and play well to certain audiences.

You all do realize "Huckabee's" opinion on "gay marrige" is exactly the same a "Obama's and Bill Clinton's.

mt99

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Quoting 474218 (Reply 23):
You all do realize "Huckabee's" opinion on "gay marrige" is exactly the same a "Obama's and Bill Clinton's.

Find me where each of these people have compared gay marriage to incest and/or polygamy.

Thanks.

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 22):
Mike Huckabee uses his silly religion to deny gay people rights and to disparage them by equating them to bestiality and pedophilia. He uses his "good book" as his guidebook as to what is acceptable and good for America. I'm using his same rule book to measure how he stacks up.

If one doesn't want religion stuffed back in one's face, they shouldn't bring it into the political discourse to start with. That's what I love about the whole evangelical, persecuted, xtian schtick these guys blather on about. Funny how quickly they run and cry from the room when the tables are turned on them and their "good book" cuts them to shreds.

Sorry but you don't get to pick and choose which items in a book you choose to believe when you claim it is inspired and true. Take it or leave it as a whole

I asked you why you made fun of his weight, why did you answer me by making refererence to his religious views? I swear I can't believe we got rid of Falcon84 and this constant bullshit only to get a bigger idiot in you. Then again I swear you are the same person. Grow up already, if you want to slag someone because of the stupid things they say fine, but leave the personal attacks out. We didn't need to hear how fat he is.

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 25):
Then again I swear you are the same person. Grow up already, if you want to slag someone because of the stupid things they say fine, but leave the personal attacks out. We didn't need to hear how fat he is.

Really? Funny how you don't have the same issue with him using homosexuality then. Why is that? No one needs to hear about that, now do they?

But when you use the book he uses as his basis for attacks on gay people, my how quickly overweight people get up in arms when that same book is used, and that person's life choice is assailed.

Let's deny marriage to obese people because they are gluttons and an abomination.

See how ridiculous that sounds? And yet people here at a.net and elsewhere will defend this twit and say, "well that's his opinion / belief / religion and it should be respected". Um..... no. It's idiocy every bit as much as I would expect to be treated if I came on here saying the world was really flat.

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 26):
Really? Funny how you don't have the same issue with him using homosexuality then. Why is that? No one needs to hear about that, now do they?

When did I say this? I don't support his views on gays, in fact I support gay rights you friggen moron. Do you ever use facts before you blurt out your stupidity?

But when you use the book he uses as his basis for attacks on gay people, my how quickly overweight people get up in arms when that same book is used, and that person's life choice is assailed.

What in the name of God are you talking about? Do you smoke weed before you post?

Let's deny marriage to obese people because they are gluttons and an abomination.

I am not for denying marriage to anyone, including gays. It's a state law open to a state vote. End of discussion.

See how ridiculous that sounds? And yet people here at a.net and elsewhere will defend this twit and say, "well that's his opinion / belief / religion and it should be respected". Um..... no. It's idiocy every bit as much as I would expect to be treated if I came on here saying the world was really flat.

I am not defending him, he is way too far right to be president and he isn't even running. A lot of what he says is from a far right religious agenda, it seems you can could have said that instead of making fun of him because he isn't slender. Something the political threads don't need here. You really need to be banned permanently because you simply can't debate the topics without constant flamebait, personal attacks, hate mongering and throwing out bombs. Go away. Please.

DocLightning

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Grow up already, if you want to slag someone because of the stupid things they say fine, but leave the personal attacks out.

Mr. Huckabee has made it VERY personal by personally attacking my family and personally attacking every gay family out there. I am an adult American citizen, I pay my taxes, and I have my rights. If he thinks he's going to take them away without a fight, he's got another thing coming. And if it takes personal attacks, people stalking him to reveal his twisted and disgusting personal life, and other dirty tricks, then so be it. You don't clean hog slop with a French Maid's uniform and white gloves.

And Mr. Huckabee can go play on the 405 in Los Angeles at 3PM. Blindfolded and with ear plugs.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 28):
Mr. Huckabee has made it VERY personal by personally attacking my family and personally attacking every gay family out there. I am an adult American citizen, I pay my taxes, and I have my rights. If he thinks he's going to take them away without a fight, he's got another thing coming. And if it takes personal attacks, people stalking him to reveal his twisted and disgusting personal life, and other dirty tricks, then so be it. You don't clean hog slop with a French Maid's uniform and white gloves.

Agreed. It is quite odd how a few on this site can call others "idiots", "nuts", "enviroclowns", "thuggish", etc... but then are up in arms over someone being called on their personal choice / behavior. I guess I just don't understand the difference.

The thing is no dirty tricks were even needed to expose Huckabee as he made a complete and utter fool of himself. He's on FOX noise and gets his perch to spew his rhetoric and yet those opposed to what he believes and does himself are supposed to play by a different rulebook? I'm wonder if his guy's father was busy telling Rosa Parks she needed to sit at the back of the bus because the bible said black people / African American were a cursed race a few short decades ago.

Would anyone defend someone saying such silliness today? And yet that was the exact thing that was said when civil rights were being debated.

skyservice_330

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Can you ever debate something without the personal attacks or name calling?
leave the personal attacks out.

get a bigger idiot in you.
Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 27):
you friggen moron.
Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 27):
your stupidity?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 24):
Find me where each of these people have compared gay marriage to incest and/or polygamy.

He did not compare gay marriage to incest or polgamy. He was pointing out if you grant a "new right to one group" (gays), then "another group" (polygamists, pedophiles or blood relatives) will demand the same "right". So since I take it you think gays should have the right to marry, where would you draw the line? Who are you going to discriminate aginst?

Your rant remineded me of a statement a very nice man named Paul Gann (you can Google for his bio) who died of aids he contracted through a blood tranfusion. His said: I wonder why they call themselves gay, when they always seem to be mad about something.

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

I am an adult American citizen, I pay my taxes, and I have my rights.

He's an adult American citizen, he pays taxes and he has rights too. Including free speach.

Just saying.   

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Quoting Boeing1970 (Reply 32):
Including free speach.

And yet so many are apoplectic when someone who makes boneheaded "speaches" gets called on them by others voicing their free speech.

NIKV69

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 pm

And Mr. Huckabee can go play on the 405 in Los Angeles at 3PM. Blindfolded and with ear plugs

I don't get what you guys are getting so upset about. You realize Huckabee is about as revelent as last weeks newspaper. The guys 15 minutes were up months ago and he has no shot of any future office. Whether it's president or county tax collector. Nobody is listening to him. In fact not many where when he was revelent.

He's an adult American citizen, he pays taxes and he has rights too. Including free speach.

Only when it suits the current mainstream media beliefs.

DocLightning

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh, I'll defend his right to say it. I never said I wouldn't. But the gay community will pull together and find the chink in his armor and we will exploit it. He will be a laughing stock.

We've been fighting this fight a long time.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 35):
But the gay community will pull together and find the chink in his armor and we will exploit it. He will be a laughing stock.

I bet if you let it go, you might actually get somewhere with the public. Its this kind of talk that turns people off to your cause.

DocLightning

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Quoting 474218 (Reply 31):
Your rant remineded me of a statement a very nice man named Paul Gann (you can Google for his bio) who died of aids he contracted through a blood tranfusion. His said: I wonder why they call themselves gay, when they always seem to be mad about something.

If you had to put up with what we have to put up with for the mere crime of existing, you'd be madder than hell, too.

That anger has changed Gay Rights from a fringe movement and fodder for talk shows 20 years ago to a national movement today in which the majority of Americans under 30 actually support gay marriage and vehemently oppose views like Mr. Huckabee's.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

NW747400

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:50 pm

And if it takes personal attacks, people stalking him to reveal his twisted and disgusting personal life, and other dirty tricks, then so be it. You don't clean hog slop with a French Maid's uniform and white gloves.

Doc this seems out of character for you. We don't agree on much, but I still respect you because you can respect other people's right to have an opinion and you respect that opinion. This is something that I would expect Bill Maher or Rush Limbaugh to say about someone, not you.

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 29):
I'm wonder if his guy's father was busy telling Rosa Parks she needed to sit at the back of the bus because the bible said black people / African American were a cursed race a few short decades ago.

Where exactly does the Bible say that?

DocLightning

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Quoting NW747400 (Reply 38):

Doc this seems out of character for you. We don't agree on much, but I still respect you because you can respect other people's right to have an opinion and you respect that opinion. This is something that I would expect Bill Maher or Rush Limbaugh to say about someone, not you.

What if he said that all Jews should be prohibited from having children and should be prohibited from marrying non-Jews? What he just said was exactly identical. It's disgusting, it's immoral, it's everything he claims I am.

Gee, Huck, I spend my day providing medical care to underserved children. I'm an Eagle Scout, I have two degrees from Stanford, an M.D., and a clean criminal record.

NW744, if someone said the things about you that he just said about me, you'd be pissed, too.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 39):
What if he said that all Jews should be prohibited from having children and should be prohibited from marrying non-Jews? What he just said was exactly identical. It's disgusting, it's immoral, it's everything he claims I am.

Don't even think about trying to compare yourself to Jews.

[Edited 2010-04-15 14:31:03]

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 37):
If you had to put up with what we have to put up with for the mere crime of existing, you'd be madder than hell, too.

"Crime of existing". I think you need to take a deep breath and look around. This is not Nazi Germany or Iran, homosexiuality is hardly a crime in fact they have protected status in employment laws!

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 37):
vehemently oppose views like Mr. Huckabee's.

Why don't you vehemently oppose Obama and Clinton views of gay marrige? Obama and Clinton say they agree with you, but have nothing for you. I think you you go back a few years it was Bill Clinton that signed the "Defence of Marrige Act"?

Why is it only people that speak their mind you oppose? At least with Mr. Huckabee you know where you stand.

mt99

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 24):

He did not compare gay marriage to incest or polgamy. He was pointing out if you grant a "new right to one group" (gays), then "another group" (polygamists, pedophiles or blood relatives) will demand the same "right". So since I take it you think gays should have the right to marry, where would you draw the line? Who are you going to discriminate aginst?

how does Drug Users come into it? He compared gay marriage to 3 things:

He doesnt want drug users to marry?

says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

The slippery slope argument is bogus. Give women the vote, who is next Dogs?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 42):
He doesnt want drug users to marry?

No ..... he doesn't want to "legalize drug use".

Quoting mt99 (Reply 42):
The slippery slope argument is bogus. Give women the vote, who is next Dogs?

Haven't the Democrates been trying to get the vote for "non-citizens"? By the way, I am not saying all "non-citizens" are dogs.

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. - Thomas Jefferson

Quoting NW747400 (Reply 38):
Where exactly does the Bible say that?

Genesis 9 was used by uber-xtians into justifying slavery, segregation, and banning inter-racial marriages for well over a century.

http://ethicsdaily.com/news.php?viewStory=13489

http://www.racematters.org/noahscurseslaverysrationale.htm

The Curse of Ham: Race and Slavery in Early Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
http://www.amazon.com/Curse-Ham-Slav...istianity-Christians/dp/069111465X

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Quoting 474218 (Reply 43):
Haven't the Democrates been trying to get the vote for "non-citizens"?

No.

That's a FOX noise fantasy.

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 45):
That's a FOX noise fantasy.

Eh... Not really. There are a few politicans who would love to see that happen or blanket Amnesty. Same thing.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 pm

So since I take it you think gays should have the right to marry, where would you draw the line? Who are you going to discriminate aginst?
polygamists, pedophiles or blood relatives

Very easy to draw that line - polygamy can be shown to be unfair to other citizens by virtue of tax laws. Polygamists could claim all the dependents under the sun and end up never paying anything. Pedophilia is a universally-recognized criminal act and marriage of blood relatives can be scientifically shown to promote birth defects. Marriage of man and man and woman woman have no such ill effects.

Quoting 474218 (Reply 41):
Why don't you vehemently oppose Obama and Clinton views of gay marrige?

I most certainly do. Their lack of spine on the issue is deplorable as they are seemingly content to keep million of Americans relegated to second-class citizenry.

Quoting 474218 (Reply 41):
I think you you go back a few years it was Bill Clinton that signed the "Defence of Marrige Act"?

DOMA was the single most damaging domestic action the Clinton presidency took in my view.

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

And this one:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.

Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

That's all nice - but the Bible and US Constitution are two different things. We don't live in a theocracy, and most Americans under 40 have completely different views of homosexuality than their parents did. For Romans 1:26-27, you might as well ban all lesbian pornography and live performance, which I'd wager 100 million American men both of faith and not routinely enjoy.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MoltenRock

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Quoting Boeing1970 (Reply 46):
Eh... Not really. There are a few politicans who would love to see that happen or blanket Amnesty. Same thing.

Strawman argument. Try again.

Boeing1970

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 pm

Quoting MoltenRock (Reply 48):
Strawman argument. Try again.

It is what it is.