T773ER
Topic Author

Passed My Commercial Checkride!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:40 am

I saved my first self gloss post for an event that I figuered warranted it. I'm now have my Commercial Pilot's license with an instrument rating and multi. Next stop CFI!
"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man."

Fly2HMO

RE: Passed My Commercial Checkride!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:55 am

Quoting T773ER (Thread starter):
I saved my first self gloss post for an event that I figuered warranted it. I'm now have my Commercial Pilot's license with an instrument rating and multi

*yawn*

Wait till you do your CFII. Now THAT is tough. (unless of course your school is the wing-it type, pun intended   )

But congrats either way.

T773ER
Topic Author

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 1):
Wait till you do your CFII. Now THAT is tough. (unless of course your school is the wing-it type, pun intended

Well actually from what I've heard your intial CFI is the most difficult as that is taken at the FSDO with actual Feds. Your CFII you can take with a DE, and its mostly just instrument all over again. I've already taken the FOI (Fundamentals of Instruction) and FIA (Fundamentals of Instruction Airlplane) along with the AGI (Advanced Ground Instructor) and IGI (Instrument Ground Instructor) tests so I've already got the written part out of the way. But to each thier own.

Fly2HMO

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:20 am

Quoting T773ER (Reply 2):
Well actually from what I've heard your intial CFI is the most difficult as that is taken at the FSDO with actual Feds. Your CFII you can take with a DE, and its mostly just instrument all over again.

Ah, I see. That's different from my school (141). At my school you did CFI/CFII simultaneously. That was REALLY tough at times.

Quoting T773ER (Reply 2):
I've already taken the FOI (Fundamentals of Instruction) and FIA (Fundamentals of Instruction Airlplane) along with the AGI (Advanced Ground Instructor) and IGI (Instrument Ground Instructor) tests so I've already got the written part out of the way.

Sweet. 4 less things to stress about.

T773ER
Topic Author

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:46 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 3):
Ah, I see. That's different from my school (141). At my school you did CFI/CFII simultaneously. That was REALLY tough at times.

Wow that would be TOUGH, I can only imagine.

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 3):
Sweet. 4 less things to stress about.

Thats exactly right, that was my rationale for getting them done together, that and thier is obviously some overlap between them.

MadameConcorde

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:31 am

Quoting T773ER (Thread starter):
I'm now have my Commercial Pilot's license with an instrument rating and multi. Next stop CFI!

Congratulations! Enjoy your flying!
I only wish that flying lessons/school would be as reasonably priced in Europe as they are in the US!
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

ual747den

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:19 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 5):
Congratulations! Enjoy your flying!
I only wish that flying lessons/school would be as reasonably priced in Europe as they are in the US!

Wow they must be crazy expensive in Europe, I think they are far over priced here in the US!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

Fly2HMO

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 am

Quoting UAL747DEN (Reply 6):
Wow they must be crazy expensive in Europe, I think they are far over priced here in the US!

They are, and it's basically the same case wroldwide. All because of heavy taxation and user fees.

So in reality none of us US pilots should be complaining one bit.  ziplip 

[Edited 2010-04-17 00:01:38]