mirrodie
Topic Author

Old Trophies.

Fri May 07, 2010 2:57 am

What do you do with them?

I've got a ton of old trophies and rather than toss them in the garbage, I am wondering if anyone has found worthwhile organizations in need or them.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

jcs17

RE: Old Trophies.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:39 am

Quoting mirrodie (Thread starter):

I've got a ton of old trophies and rather than toss them in the garbage, I am wondering if anyone has found worthwhile organizations in need or them.

Sorry but this is pretty funny and I certainly don't want to be mean, but...

My 1992 2nd place house league hockey trophy should be given to a child in Anacostia. They will forever cherish the trophy that represents the memories of some snot-nosed, upper-class kid playing in a three-walled rink in Ridgefield, Connecticut whose parents spent more money on registration and hockey equipment than their mother makes in a month.

[Edited 2010-05-06 20:42:56]
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

mirrodie
Topic Author

RE: Old Trophies.

Fri May 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 1):
but this is pretty funny and I certainly don't want to be mean, but...

I know where you are coming from, but let's face it, I'm sure we all have clothing, old toys, shoes, books, etc that others who are less fortunate can benefit from.

I know there is special Olympics and I assume trophies are given at events there.( I worked one event but didnt see the awards ceremony.) But I wonder if trophies can be "recycled or revamped for new purposes. I am sure they can.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st